Do I take pre-workout supplement and protein after workout?

njszym

Awards
I normally just drink a protein shake after my workouts. I've been thinking about doing a pre-workout supplement like iso mass xtreme gainer. Should i do both or only one?

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Doesn't matter. You want to have an overall balance of macronutrients, not specifically timed macronutrient intake. Hit your protein macro by the end of the day and you're good to go. If you're having energy issues during your workouts, i'd work on your pre workout nutrition. I typically eat some fruit + natural peanut butter + greek yogurt and i have plenty of energy for a 1.5 hour lifting session + 25 min of cardio.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I normally just drink a protein shake after my workouts. I've been thinking about doing a pre-workout supplement like iso mass xtreme gainer. Should i do both or only one?
You don't really need either, but you can if you want to.

~Rosie~

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
ether one do a scoop before and after workout. if anythignt he mass gainer AFTER workotu and normal whey before.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
You don't need the weight gainer at all...or the shake after working out...Why has people forgotten and forsaken Steakadrol and Methyl-Carbohydrol...what happened to good old foods...the knowledge of macronutriens , diets and healthy eating is growing scarce in this world... :(

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
You don't need the weight gainer at all...or the shake after working out...Why has people forgotten and forsaken Steakadrol and Methyl-Carbohydrol...what happened to good old foods...the knowledge of macronutriens , diets and healthy eating is growing scarce in this world... :(
now whats the fun in that

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
now whats the fun in that
Sense of achievement ;) , besides to really make use of other kind of supps (more advanced Anabolic sups , or hormonal stuff , all natty of course) you need to be really in tune with your body and diet , this can never , and I repeat NEVER be replaced or made up by any fugging supp :p...Us newbies should stick to perfecting that MM connection and diet ;) before thinking about supps! (let alone AAS , thats for people with genetic potential reached and they know what they are doing by then haha)

RVAPump

RVAPump

Board Sponsor
Awards
mass gainers are a pretty big waste of cash unless you just have it to burn...if it's a convenience issue, I get that, but there's nothing a mass gainer contains that you can't get from an at-home recipe, in fact the at-home weight gainer you can make with oats, peanut butter, whole milk, olive oil, and protein powder can be far superior to what you can buy pre-made

th3futur3

Awards
  • Established
Honestly. I think if you are taking a pre, intra, then a post workout shake won't be of much need. Just eat your whole food meal. In fact I think it's better in terms of fat loss to just eat whole foods post workout.