Do bicep injuries ever go away?

NATURALLYHARD

Awards
  • Established
I tore my bicep in a wrestling match(February), full strength Returned in a-week,it would still get inflamed and it still hurts right now. nothing severe,I have a mri coming up!i have been so depressed ,If I try to push I will just reagitate it,I wrestle good in practice and then in a match It gets inflamed,has anyone had similar injuries how long until it heals?is it gonna be forever?

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It doesn't have to last forever, but it'll take longer or turn into a nagging issue if you don't give it time to heal properly. Did you not go to the doctor back in February? I'm curious why you're just now getting an MRI

NATURALLYHARD

Awards
  • Established
It doesn't have to last forever, but it'll take longer or turn into a nagging issue if you don't give it time to heal properly. Did you not go to the doctor back in February? I'm curious why you're just now getting an MRI
The mri is in 2 weeks they were booked!

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Personally muscle and joint issues never go away. They may get better, but I think they can always return.

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I had a bicep tenodesis done (cutting and then re-attaching the bicep tendon via drilling a hole in my humerus, putting the tendon through said hole, and inserting titanium anchors on opposing side) and do not have any bicep pain. This surgery was years ago though. I can't remember how long it took to heal, but I used TB-500 quite a bit post-surgery as well.

Last edited:
ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
BPC and tb500 are your best friend, I recommend stopping the steroid cycles though as these can cause issues to become worse with the increase muscle mass. Tendons don’t grow or heal as fast as muscle especially if you’re adding 50 lbs of mass on in 5 weeks or whatever you said you added in a previous post.

Also, you’re 18 bro, you’re fucking yourself up so bad in so many ways and you don’t even realize it. Your bicep could be potentially jacked up for life, your hormones are potentially going to be messed up because you keep adding random stuff to your cycles. You’re on like 500mg of Test a week (maybe it was 750?) for your first cycle and at week 5 you decided to add tren and Dbol in to the mix. Bro just do yourself a favor and stop all this and let your body recover.

Edit: some information was incorrect. The post has been edited to included proper information taken from the following post under the topic “gaining 40lbs in 5 weeks”:

“My last weight was 235 I now weight 288 and still look lean strength increasing deadlift went 500to 600! I added dbol and tren yesterday.”

Last edited:
Ptlhains

Ptlhains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Personally, incorporating high rep band work utilizing many exercises done a couple of times a week (post workouts I abuse the area) keeps my bicep tendons and shoulder area happy and able to take more and more abuse.

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I love band work. I do it all the time as well, something I carried over from my post-surgery physical therapy. I do D1/D2 PNF excercises for my shoulders (which the bicep tendon attaches to). Keeps them good and healthy. I have a partial slap tear in my right shoulder and have not needed surgery for it because of this.

sillycibin

Awards
Musculoskeletal problems like your different tendinitis, fascitis, partial tears etc can take weeks to months to go away. Plantar fascitis and partial rotator cuff tears can take 6 months. Hamstring pulls 4-6 weeks. Jumpers knee 2-6 weeks. If you are having problems you need to get in a routine of icing right after working out or doing whatever sport. Get gel icepads off Amazon and use them religiously. Take bursts of NSAIDs for 5 days but always take a break off those things.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I tore my Bicep a few years ago it is back to 95% with no surgery.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I had chronic right bicep (tendon area) pain, that I would experience anytime I attempted bicep workout. I stopped doing bicep isolation for a season, and now there is no pain in that bicep/tendon.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I just gave it time to heal

Bi.JPG

seanmitchell12

Awards
I hope it was healed. Injury can't be treated without patience and care. If you have a problem and facing pain during workout, then staying away from workout and taking rest is the best way of treating the injury.

phillip5324

Awards
Depression isn't a good practice to deal with your injury. You should stay patient and follow all the guidelines by your doctor.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The body is a great thing, it will heal !!