Diuretics (water weight loss)

MMAMONSTER19

Awards
  • Established
Hey everyone, been awhile since I posted on here but question about diuretics (water weight loss). I have done some research about them and what they can do to help you to shed some extra water weight and all. But what I havent really found was after you run your cycle no matter how long or short it is I am more curious of what happens after you stop taking your diuretic do you just get bloated from starting to retain water again or does your body slowly retain water weight again?

Any insight on how they work after you stop taking a diuretic as to how your body responds thanks alot everyone!

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i would assume you go back to your norm. be careful with diuretics though, not something just to take when you want, although we all do it with coffee!

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Some diuretics put you at risk for post clearance edema, and others do not. It varies.

Mike

warsteiner

Awards
  • Established
You will gain some/all of the water weight back after stopping the diuretic. The amount will depend on your diet.

It's only really going to be useful to take a diuretic before a comp or photo shoot. If you are just looking to drop some water weight then reduce your salt and carb intake. Carb cycling is a good way of reducing water weight on a long-term basis. You can also use an AI to reduce water weight but, again, if your diet is high in salt and carbs then the water will return once you stop.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i would assume you go back to your norm. be careful with diuretics though, not something just to take when you want, although we all do it with coffee!
The diruetic effects of coffee/caffeine are not as great as is commonly thought of. Heck, I drink coffee before my half and full marathon or any other long race.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The diruetic effects of coffee/caffeine are not as great as is commonly thought of. Heck, I drink coffee before my half and full marathon or any other long race.
that may be like that for you, but not for everyone. my girlfriend for example has any amount of caffeine and she has to urinate within 30 min

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
that may be like that for you, but not for everyone. my girlfriend for example has any amount of caffeine and she has to urinate within 30 min
Caffeine is such a weak diuretic that it's actually clinically not even labeled as such ;). It may be some other factor like increased bladder expansion rate (which is sympathetically driven)

MMAMONSTER19

Awards
  • Established
Thanks everyone for your feedback but I am more so am just trying to shed some extra weight before spring break my diet is good just trying to lose the extra few pounds if possible thats why im curious about it

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
excessively high doses of vitamin c make me piss myself silly.

Mike