Dieting on Vacation

RonaldReagan

Awards
I’ve been cutting for the past 6 weeks and so far I’m down about 15 pounds. At the end of May I’m going on vacation for a few days. I plan to find a gym there to lift and do cardio in the morning but I’m worried about staying in a caloric deficit while drinking during the day since we’ll be at the beach. Does anyone have any advice for keeping calories low while drinking/on vacation?

hrvi7

hrvi7

Awards
Few days of rest wont kill you, dont overthink it, just when you come home get back on track and thats it

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Go on vacation and have fun. Get back to dieting when you get home. Unless you are a sponsored athlete/model lol.

If anything, you could use a GDA type product if that would make you feel a little better about bingeing. I take SlinMax with on vacations since I'm drinking tons of sugary drinks.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Few days of rest wont kill you, dont overthink it, just when you come home get back on track and thats it
Agreed with this. Have fun and don't worry about calories on vacation. That's what vacations are for so you don't have to worry about diet while for a few days. haha

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Might be good to shock the system with some bad food....not really a bad thing at all...

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’ve been cutting for the past 6 weeks and so far I’m down about 15 pounds. At the end of May I’m going on vacation for a few days. I plan to find a gym there to lift and do cardio in the morning but I’m worried about staying in a caloric deficit while drinking during the day since we’ll be at the beach. Does anyone have any advice for keeping calories low while drinking/on vacation?
If it is only a few days, I would look at is as a time to relax. If you have followed your diet for 6 weeks straight, eating at maintenance for a few days will actually benefit you. If you wanted to be super strict though, you could just make smart choices, not drink alcohol, and look for higher protein options. You will just have to estimate calories and portion sizes.

I would definitely refeed one day or even have a few cheat meals to help with leptin levels. Give the following article below a read. I think you could benefit from this during vacation.

https://www.t-nation.com/diet-fat-loss/the-smart-dieters-guide-to-cheat-meals

You only live once, so have fun on vacation, it is only for a few days. You will not gain any fat, just eat sensibly. You could also utilize a GDA, as mentioned. SlinMax will help control blood sugar levels and improve glucose transportation.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
diet up to vacation....on vacation let loose...we are all humans after all