Dieting down and libido loss and supplements

biggjohn

Banned
Awards
Last year when I dropped down to a low BF, 6-7%, my libido suffered. As I understand it this is perfectly normal. However, I'm wondering if a supplement couldn't help keep it boosted. Has anyone tried Avena or another supplement for this purpose successfully?

Par Deus

Par Deus

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Our LeptiGen Basic is designed specifically to prevent the metabolic abnormalities that ocurr with very low body fat (i.e. the starvation response)

An androgen would fill in for the libido side of things (and, muscle obviously)

biggjohn

Banned
Awards
Our LeptiGen Basic is designed specifically to prevent the metabolic abnormalities that ocurr with very low body fat (i.e. the starvation response)

An androgen would fill in for the libido side of things (and, muscle obviously)
Sounds interesting, I'll look into it. I love the look of having very low BF but the libido side is not going to be acceptable this summer.

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
bigjohn,

if your fat intake is too low you're libido could drop. happened to me to.

now when i diet i make sure my fat intake is not too low. i'm no expert but i know that fats aid in the production of all your hormones so if your not getting enough then.........................well, no libido i suppose.

i'm not educated in this field but it makes sense to me. :)

Jag

biggjohn

Banned
Awards
bigjohn,

if your fat intake is too low you're libido could drop. happened to me to.

now when i diet i make sure my fat intake is not too low. i'm no expert but i know that fats aid in the production of all your hormones so if your not getting enough then.........................well, no libido i suppose.

i'm not educated in this field but it makes sense to me. :)

Jag
I'll keep an eye out for that. Last year I was using 2 tbsp of Udo's per day, maybe I need to bump that up.