Optimal compounds when reverse dieting

SouthPawSD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hey all,

Been a while, but finally got back into shape and looking to run a cycle. Recently lost 50lbs from doing PSMF, sitting around 17% bf at 225lbs according to bf scale. Not sure how accurate it is since I can see some abs and veins...either way going to drop to 220 lbs before running a cycle.

Now curious if anyone has a suggestion for ideal compounds to use while reverse dieting? Wanting to avoid excess fat gain coming out of PSMF.

My thought was a simple 12 wk test P 250mg/wk cycle, but got thinking that maybe there would be another beneficial compound to add that would help mitigate fat gain as I increase cals (getting tired of the volume on PSMF lol).

Any insight of compounds that would help besides Tren? Dont think I want to run it since I haven't cycled for a few years and don't see the reason to hop on that right out of the gate.

Give me your wisdom since I've forgotten alot lol.

Thanks in advanced

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Eric Trexler wrote a good article on reverse dieting and why its not all its cracked up to be. And thats for nattys; if youre using PEDs it seems to be even more a waste of time.

If youve finished your cut, consider jumping straight up to current maintanence. Or, a slight surplus if youre intending to bulk/growth phase. If anything during this rebound period you will be *less sensitive* to fat gain. Within reason.

Last edited:

SouthPawSD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Eric Trexler wrote a good article on reverse dieting and why its not all its cracked up to be. And thats for nattys; if youre using PEDs it seems to be even more a waste of time.

If youve finished your cut, consider jumping straight up to current maintanence. Or, a slight surplus if youre intending to bulk/growth phase. If anything during this rebound period you will be *less sensitive* to fat gain. Within reason.

Thanks for that info that is super helpful. I haven't ran into anyone saying that so I'll for sure read that article. I guess that kind of makes my whole body pointless lol

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Test and gh maybe little mast but that's it, you're so insulin sensitive right now that as long as you don't binge you won't get fat. BTW I've seen guys with abs and veins at 20% all that means is you lost bodyfat I'm your abdomen

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I know you dude at my gym who thinks he's all that because he has a 6 pack but his lower back, chest, and hamstrings are f.cking disgusting

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Test and gh maybe little mast but that's it, you're so insulin sensitive right now that as long as you don't binge you won't get fat. BTW I've seen guys with abs and veins at 20% all that means is you lost bodyfat I'm your abdomen
Yeah I would say Test, Mast , and HGH would be a nice lean cycle to come back on. Maybe add Anavar the last 4 weeks.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I wouldn't reverse diet yet. Add some test and maybe mast or Primo and keep cutting. Starting a mass gain or bulk or whatever you wanna call it @15+ % bf Is going to have you back to the 20% range before you know it.

I usually start around 10 and pull the plug on bulking in the 15-18 range. Otherwise your typical gonna put on too much fat.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I wouldn't reverse diet yet. Add some test and maybe mast or Primo and keep cutting. Starting a mass gain or bulk or whatever you wanna call it @15+ % bf Is going to have you back to the 20% range before you know it.

I usually start around 10 and pull the plug on bulking in the 15-18 range. Otherwise your typical gonna put on too much fat.
Totally agree with this, and you can see the results from Mast so much better at under 15%.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

^This^

Plus, 250mg Test is not going to do anything, it’s barely over TRT levels, if you want to start low start @300mg and up the dose over the 12 weeks, lower than that will be a waste.

Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

1000% this.

Building up to 17-19% depending on the individual, cutting back to 10-12%, also depending on the individual, and repeating the process for a decade(s). That is bodybuilding. Natty or Not. Each time you do it you'll end up with a built more tissue when you get back to 10-12%. Starting a bulk at 15% is a bit too fat in my opinion, conversely, trying to gain while staying below 15% is an exercise in futility.

Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
also I think a really good glucose disposal agent could be helpful. I do believe that keeping all of your carbs, outside of trace, in the pre / intra / post training window *could* help. Though, that may be unsustainable or unrealistic long term.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
1000% this.

Building up to 17-19% depending on the individual, cutting back to 10-12%, also depending on the individual, and repeating the process for a decade(s). That is bodybuilding. Natty or Not. Each time you do it you'll end up with a built more tissue when you get back to 10-12%. Starting a bulk at 15% is a bit too fat in my opinion, conversely, trying to gain while staying below 15% is an exercise in futility.
Yep, over the past few years I've gone back and forth in the 190-215 range, up to 225 at one point. Originally when I was 190 I was about 16-18% bf and 225. @20+%

After doing a real cut to single digits now you can see when I post pictures that I'm leaner @215 then I use to be at 190. And once you strip off all the fat it's soooooo much harder to get fat again. I have to force feed myself and not exercise for my abs to dissapear. If I c
also I think a really good glucose disposal agent could be helpful. I do believe that keeping all of your carbs, outside of trace, in the pre / intra / post training window *could* help. Though, that may be unsustainable or unrealistic long term.
I agree but I wanna add something. If someone is dieting and putting in work
Totally agree with this, and you can see the results from Mast so much better at under 15%.
I don't think I really notice the visual effects from mast unless I'm already full 6 pack summer ready, I know it's working always and I like to add it in many cycles. But even at 15% I didn't notice any cosmetic effects like i might on anadrol or tren ace :/, i been itchingto crack a bottle of tren lol.

I'm only throwing this in here because I know ppl seem to think mast gets you cut, but I think a better way to explain it is once your already cut, mast brings out details and hardness.

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
1000% this.

This is everyone st my gym except for me☝..theu get so upset when I try and tell them this same piece if advice and then it's always well you're on steroids that's why your physique changed so much..yes..but also I'm not stuck in a hamster wheel and I also know how to eat

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yep, over the past few years I've gone back and forth in the 190-215 range, up to 225 at one point. Originally when I was 190 I was about 16-18% bf and 225. @20+%

After doing a real cut to single digits now you can see when I post pictures that I'm leaner @215 then I use to be at 190. And once you strip off all the fat it's soooooo much harder to get fat again. I have to force feed myself and not exercise for my abs to dissapear. If I c

I agree but I wanna add something. If someone is dieting and putting in work

I don't think I really notice the visual effects from mast unless I'm already full 6 pack summer ready, I know it's working always and I like to add it in many cycles. But even at 15% I didn't notice any cosmetic effects like i might on anadrol or tren ace :/, i been itchingto crack a bottle of tren lol.

I'm only throwing this in here because I know ppl seem to think mast gets you cut, but I think a better way to explain it is once your already cut, mast brings out details and hardness.
Yeah I agree, as far as visual effects I have to be under 15% to see it, but I do notice the hardening effect as well.
Yeah, Tren is a different animal all together. Great results, but I just get really bad insomnia and too short of a fuse, which I don’t need with my job. If I didn’t get those sides on it, I would probably say it’s top of my list because of results.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yeah I agree, as far as visual effects I have to be under 15% to see it, but I do notice the hardening effect as well.
Yeah, Tren is a different animal all together. Great results, but I just get really bad insomnia and too short of a fuse, which I don’t need with my job. If I didn’t get those sides on it, I would probably say it’s top of my list because of results.
I’m tempted to try Tren but the temper sides scares me… 😬

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
It's l
I’m tempted to try Tren but the temper sides scares me… 😬
My personal take on tren and personality or anger. It's gonna amplify who you are, if your not a dick or easily aggravated your gonna be fine. On 150mg or less of tren ace I feel very normal/level, in pretty much every aspect. I've only used it twice for short runs and didn't even tell anyone when I used it both times. No1 on the forum or in my life, you won't find it in any of my logs. The reason I did that is I wanted to see if anyone noticed me acting differently and I can say without a doubt no1 said anything and I felt normal on it, maybe even a little emotional but definitely not angry, I also noticed no increase in sex drive or anything like that, no night sweats, at least not more then normal.

I do have a trend of feeling pretty level or the same on most compounds and I keptvthe dose low so take it with a grain of salt.

Start at onltly 10mg a day of ace, Cosmetically won't do much but it will help with insulin sensitivity and if it goes well go to 20mg a day and you will notice slow steady changes almost daily after about 3 weeks or so.

I'm gonna trow 200 E in the mix witj test and eq for the summer I think, 600/600/200 for 10 weeks if nothing goes wrong, I'm already on 300 test/450 eq and 150npp right now and I think I'm gonna make the adjustments next month

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
And sorry for the typos, I'm real lazy with the proofreading lately lol

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
It's l

My personal take on tren and personality or anger. It's gonna amplify who you are, if your not a dick or easily aggravated your gonna be fine. On 150mg or less of tren ace I feel very normal/level, in pretty much every aspect. I've only used it twice for short runs and didn't even tell anyone when I used it both times. No1 on the forum or in my life, you won't find it in any of my logs. The reason I did that is I wanted to see if anyone noticed me acting differently and I can say without a doubt no1 said anything and I felt normal on it, maybe even a little emotional but definitely not angry, I also noticed no increase in sex drive or anything like that, no night sweats, at least not more then normal.

I do have a trend of feeling pretty level or the same on most compounds and I keptvthe dose low so take it with a grain of salt.

Start at onltly 10mg a day of ace, Cosmetically won't do much but it will help with insulin sensitivity and if it goes well go to 20mg a day and you will notice slow steady changes almost daily after about 3 weeks or so.

I'm gonna trow 200 E in the mix witj test and eq for the summer I think, 600/600/200 for 10 weeks if nothing goes wrong, I'm already on 300 test/450 eq and 150npp right now and I think I'm gonna make the adjustments next month
I really didn't notice any of the "typical" sides until I got over 200. That was a great idea not telling anyone to see if it did affect you. I think tren tho is like any other compound, it's just going to magnify whatever feeling you have. It even magnified the good feelings as well as the negative ones. Maybe not as euphoric as dbol when it comes to good feelings but it definitely does enhance thr good ones

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I really didn't notice any of the "typical" sides until I got over 200. That was a great idea not telling anyone to see if it did affect you. I think tren tho is like any other compound, it's just going to magnify whatever feeling you have. It even magnified the good feelings as well as the negative ones. Maybe not as euphoric as dbol when it comes to good feelings but it definitely does enhance thr good ones
After talking to several ppl over the year tren has been such a mixed bag. I do know quite a few ppl that ran it very high 500-700 and a few over 1gm and it seems like the higher yiu go the weirder it gets for many ppl. I've probably told this story before What the dude who was on a gram became almost emotionless, detached from everything outside of the gym. When you would ask him a question the way? He looked at you was almost like he was staring straight through your head and looking at the wall behind you, And you couldn't tell whether or not they were paying attention, Even if they answer the question it's almost like are you just saying yes or do you mean yes. That's weird ****.

Also, trens effects on the brain are permanent and build over time so keep that in mind. Seeing how most of us that are talking about it in this conversation are either pushing 40 or over 40. I don't think we have enough time left to abuse it to the point it's gonna be a issue. IL try 200e and maybe go to 3-4 but it would be a last min decision. 150-300 seems to be the safe "er" yet still pretty effective dose and 350-700 serms to be the tren look dose, but also the side effects seem to rack up the higher you go.

Obviously everything is gonna change person to person or even cycle to cycle for some ppl.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
My personal take on tren and personality or anger. It's gonna amplify who you are, if your not a dick or easily aggravated your gonna be fine.
Yeah, no Tren for me then… 😉

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yeah, no Tren for me then… 😉
As great if a compound as it is I think it's cool that you're self aware enough to know that it's not for you. Most guys would be like I'm doing it and I'll deal with the sides as they come