DHEA

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Have lowered Dhea levels and looking to bump up to upper range. Not looking for TD, tab option? Reason I am asking is because of horrible absorption I hear of. Just get a reputable brand? Or someone have something to add.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
There's nothing wrong with transdermal dhea as far as I know but regardless. Go online and search dhea, there all the same as long as it comes from any reputable vitamin brand or supplement company

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
No interest in putting TD on. Guess I thought just dhea by it self is poorly absorbed. Didn't know if there were any better options.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Nope, TD and oral. I'm sure there is injectable version somewhere but I don't think it's necessary.

Oral dhea has a 50% oral bioavailability. Nothing wrong with that. If anything I'd imagine the transdermal version has a higher absorption rate. But you said you're not interested in transdermals I get that they're a pain in the butt.

Now another thing you can do is take HCG instead, hcg raises dhea levels a lot!

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I've read that oral DHEA converts to more Estrogen than TD.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'm pretty low esto
Honestly man, I always keep a bottle of oral DHEA in my cabinet.
The only reason it is there, is if my Estrogen gets too low (which is rare.
If you need more Estrogen, oral DHEA seems to be a decent choice.
(y)

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
If you don't want to do TD DHEA and are worried about poor absorption of a regular oral, you could go with Life Extension sublingual tablets that you dissolve under your tongue.

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
If you don't want to do TD DHEA and are worried about poor absorption of a regular oral, you could go with Life Extension sublingual tablets that you dissolve under your tongue.
Do you feel sublingual is better or absorption is good enough with capsules?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Do you feel sublingual is better or absorption is good enough with capsules?
I personally think that capsules are fine myself. That's what I take personally.

Just make sure to go with a trusted brand. My normal go to for basic supplements is NOW Foods but they don't make a DHEA. So for DHEA, I normally go with either Nutrakey or Jarrow but Life Extension is okay too.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I seccond life extension, now and life extension makes up probably 90% of my staple supplement cabinet. Unless some other brand has a crazy sale going on I stick with the other 2

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nope, TD and oral. I'm sure there is injectable version somewhere but I don't think it's necessary.

Oral dhea has a 50% oral bioavailability. Nothing wrong with that. If anything I'd imagine the transdermal version has a higher absorption rate. But you said you're not interested in transdermals I get that they're a pain in the butt.

Now another thing you can do is take HCG instead, hcg raises dhea levels a lot!
TDs of compound under 400D have an absorption of 10-40% depending on the molecule and carrier. So if oral DHEA is 50% absorbed orally, Maybe it’s not worth using TD if the absorption is his concern.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
TDs of compound under 400D have an absorption of 10-40% depending on the molecule and carrier. So if oral DHEA is 50% absorbed orally, Maybe it’s not worth using TD if the absorption is his concern.
That comparison is incorrect.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
It doesn't quite work that way

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That comparison is incorrect.
It doesn't quite work that way
Would you mind telling me why please.

Do you guys think the absorption varies from other compounds because of the conversions in the skin? Is there any data of the comparison of the blood DHEA/DHEAS between oral and TD administration?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I use the Vitacost brand and I had to cut the dose in half as my numbers got too high. So I know it’s good stuff

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I started at 50mg twice a day, but dropped down to once a day, I just recently stopped altogether as my numbers were still through the roof, I just had blood work last week so I am waiting on the results

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Time of day matter for dosing? Guess does it affect sleep or induce sleep?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Time of day matter for dosing? Guess does it affect sleep or induce sleep?
It does not effect sleep, I did watch a video once that suggested dosing it twice a day sublingual.