DHEA Help..

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I got some lab results today and my DHEA-S was 282 with a ref range of 280-640. I started taking 25mg DHEA daily, 2 weeks before the test..

My question is what dose of DHEA would likely bring this up? Also what brands have people had sucess with? I am currently using LEF..

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
LEF is probably the best available commercially, I would go with the sub-lingual 25 mg tab once daily, 5 on 2 off until and unless you get shut down or get itchy nips. There is a protocol on the LEF site (a stack) that is helpful to avoid sides.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
LEF is probably the best available commercially, I would go with the sub-lingual 25 mg tab once daily, 5 on 2 off until and unless you get shut down or get itchy nips. There is a protocol on the LEF site (a stack) that is helpful to avoid sides.
Any reason for the sublingual? I was thinking i may need more as my DHEA is so low.

Thanks for the feedback!

Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.4; en-US; rv:1.9.0.5) Gecko/2008120121 Firefox/3.0.5

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Sub-lingual is ideal as its faster absorbed and longer retained, higher doses can trigger sides, thus neccesitating discontinuance of it. Its time on that will raise your levels in a healthy manner, there is no need to mega-dose. Take the Dhea with an LEF zinc lozenge simultaneously, Dhea under the tongue and zinc lozenge on the top.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Sub-lingual is ideal as its faster absorbed and longer retained, higher doses can trigger sides, thus neccesitating discontinuance of it. Its time on that will raise your levels in a healthy manner, there is no need to mega-dose. Take the Dhea with an LEF zinc lozenge simultaneously, Dhea under the tongue and zinc lozenge on the top.
The reason i ask about more then 25mg is because of this quote on LEF's site, in their DHEA restoration article"One recent study showed that doses under 30 mg were not enough to significantly raise blood levels of DHEA in young adults "

cumkwakka

Awards
  • Established
The reason i ask about more then 25mg is because of this quote on LEF's site, in their DHEA restoration article"One recent study showed that doses under 30 mg were not enough to significantly raise blood levels of DHEA in young adults "
BS

i was on a scale of 0-11 for dhea-s on 9
and now on 12 with 30 mg dhea

works great

ps i am 25 btw so im still a young adult :)

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
BS

i was on a scale of 0-11 for dhea-s on 9
and now on 12 with 30 mg dhea

works great

ps i am 25 btw so im still a young adult :)
Well.. it says under 30mg.. And you were taking 30mg..lol I dunno if it is true or not, just read it on LEF.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Imprez if you are only 26 that is a low reading. Could possibly be a result of a prescription med or adrenal fatigue.

Have you tried dropping all stimulants? Getting more sleep?

BlackBerry8330/4.3.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Imprez if you are only 26 that is a low reading. Could possibly be a result of a prescription med or adrenal fatigue.

Have you tried dropping all stimulants? Getting more sleep?

I can drop all stims. I don't use a ton as it is, but i do use them.

As for sleep, i get over 8hrs every night. Usually atleast 9.

No prescription meds.

Another case of "you are within range" so the Dr glances right over it..

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh another thought was to try a low dose Dermacrine. As we know DHEA also converts to estrogens and the Dermacrine has an AI complex in it that could prevent any estro sides of oral supplementation.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Oh another thought was to try a low dose Dermacrine. As we know DHEA also converts to estrogens and the Dermacrine has an AI complex in it that could prevent any estro sides of oral supplementation.

I actually thought about that, but was unsure as to how many pumps it would require to raise DHEA, without shutdown.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I got some lab results today and my DHEA-S was 282 with a ref range of 280-640. I started taking 25mg DHEA daily, 2 weeks before the test..

My question is what dose of DHEA would likely bring this up? Also what brands have people had sucess with? I am currently using LEF..
LEF likes you to be (500-640)(regardless of your age)

I am taking LEF 100mg pills.
I need 4 of those pills to get to this range.
25mg/day may work for some, it was not even close for me.

DHEA pills are cheap help to get many items covered.
DHEA (dehydroepiandrosterone) Free Base, 100 mg 60 capsules

DHEA (Dehydroepiandrosterone) Free Base
100 mg, 60 capsules
Item Catalog Number: 00883

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
LEF likes you to be (500-640)(regardless of your age)

I am taking LEF 100mg pills.
I need 4 of those pills to get to this range.
25mg/day may work for some, it was not even close for me.

DHEA pills are cheap help to get many items covered.
DHEA (dehydroepiandrosterone) Free Base, 100 mg 60 capsules

DHEA (Dehydroepiandrosterone) Free Base
100 mg, 60 capsules
Item Catalog Number: 00883
Thanks for your input! Are you running just the free base now? I remember you saying you were running the 7-keto at one point.

I might try 50mg for a while then retest.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for your input! Are you running just the free base now? I remember you saying you were running the 7-keto at one point.

I might try 50mg for a while then retest.
Good memory.
I was using one or two pill of this plus the free base pills:

DHEA Complete
100 mg 7-Keto® DHEA & 25 mg DHEA, 60 vegetarian capsules
Item Catalog Number: 01250

DHEA Complete, 60 vegetarian capsules

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
I actually thought about that, but was unsure as to how many pumps it would require to raise DHEA, without shutdown.
That is it in a nutshell; Shut-down, you want to avoid it. The higher dose you take the quicker and more likely it is to happen. Some people can tolerate it for a while. Anyway, 25 mgs sublingual and 2 pumps dly would probably be adequate for your needs. Combined with the zinc lozenge and other support supps. Or you could swallow one of their low milligram caps and use the sublingual on a daily basis.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
i am gunna have to get some of those sublinguals.. All i have right now are the 25mg..

Thanks for all ur help.