Detox Diets and Cleansing Diets: Do They Work?

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
I've pretty much always agreed with the colon cleanse deal, where the supposed gunk in ur intestine is just the fiber in the product.

anoopbal

Awards
When I was 14 or 15, the pictures of the colon cleansing made me think maybe I should do this. You can see all that dirt and toxins in the body :)-

croissant

Awards
I had a friend who had to get a camera up the butt by a doctor and recomended he get a colonique where they use water up the butt. He tapped some tree and drank the water from that for a few days and ate only veggies and fasted the day or two before and the doctor said it worked just as good. Did I mention the doctor checked the colon with an up the butt video camera to verify?

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I never seem to get a direct answer from the companies that sell these products as to what toxins exactly are building up that normal body functions do not take care of.

bluesfan4eva

Awards
im pretty interested if someone could find some proof. seems like bs to me but those damn vegans swear by it

anoopbal

Awards
If you want to remove toxins like heavy metals ,as the article writes, you have to undergo a process called chelation. You infuse a compound which binds to the heavy metals and makes it water soluble which can be excreted via kidneys. The problem with this is that you lose a lot of other benificial nutrients in the body too and is only recommended for heavy metal poisoning.

And people don't understand the PPM ( parts per million) concept. Some of the toxins in you are like "a drop in the ocean". No real need to worry about it.