DC Training Log

mfbb

mfbb

Awards
  • Established
MFBB- Good luck with the DC routine. Just a couple notes: 1. Is the angle on the Smith Inclines the same as the BB Inclines? If so, you may want to consider changing the angle on one of the exercises as you may plateau on both at the same time. 2. As your weights progress on Rack Deads and BB Squats you may want to consider moving them furhter apart in your routine. This may save you some lower back tightness/injury. 3. Most importantly, make sure you get as close to 2 grams of protein in per bodyweight.
Sorry for the long post.
My angle is slightly lower on the smith...i should have made note of that

what do u mean by moving the deads and squats futher apart...like put rack deads on 1a and squats on 2b for example?

and no worries on the protien...i'm puttin it down bro lol

thanx

mfbb

mfbb

Awards
  • Established
Workout 2b today...pretty decent workout...not great but not bad, my hack squats were pretty good

Incline DB Curl- 40x9-4-3
Reverse EZ Curl- 60x12
Stretch 50 seconds
Standing Calf Raise- 180x10
Seated Leg Curl- 120x 15-9-6
Stretch 1 leg on high bar 45 seconds each
Hack Squat- 495x7 275x20
45 second stretch

bigmidge

Awards
My angle is slightly lower on the smith...i should have made note of that

what do u mean by moving the deads and squats futher apart...like put rack deads on 1a and squats on 2b for example?

and no worries on the protien...i'm puttin it down bro lol

thanx
Yeah, that's exactly what I meant. I'm not an expert, but doing deads/racks in the same week as squats caused my blasts to end quicker.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
As long as deads and squats aren't on two conecutive days, I think you're good.

mfbb

mfbb

Awards
  • Established
I prob will end up switching it up when I get back to doing my higher weights that I used to. I was able to pull 455 for abt 6 from the rack and squat 455x4-6 on squats. Hopefully I will exceed both of these weights with DC as I've never actually had a planned routine and I think it helps.

Good notes about DC so far...I've been noticing marked improvements in my chest and biceps which have both been my weak areas. I am also looking leaner and fuller. will post my #s tomorrow

mfbb

mfbb

Awards
  • Established
workout 1c

Incline Barbell- 225x 7-4-3
45 second stretch with 30's
DB Millitary Press- 80x 9-4-2
Stretch 40s
Reverse Grip Smith Bench- 205x 10-5-4 (just getting used to this movement)
40s stretch with 35lb
Underhand Hammer Pulldown- 2 plates/sidex 10-6-4
BB Row- 225x9 255x5
BW Hang 45s (grip was shot)

def need a spotter for incline bb and seated db press so I'll have to keep that in mind

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Good **** brotha! Some solid lifts. It gets motivating as **** once you get through the rotation, and can start beating that book.

mfbb

mfbb

Awards
  • Established
Good **** brotha! Some solid lifts. It gets motivating as **** once you get through the rotation, and can start beating that book.
thanx bro...i can't fckin wait to be strong again, i bought into that whole "u don't need to use a lot of weight to be a bodybuilder" but i think that only applies when ur on 2+ grams of gear a week
i really like DC thus far but I might eventually switch to a M T TH F split instead of MWF doing a push/pull/legs cuz its so hard for me to only train 3 days per week

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
well im following either way ! keep it up. my workouts are driving me crazy low reps annoying tuts hehe. but im making progress so guess ill leave it be

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
thanx bro...i can't fckin wait to be strong again, i bought into that whole "u don't need to use a lot of weight to be a bodybuilder" but i think that only applies when ur on 2+ grams of gear a week
i really like DC thus far but I might eventually switch to a M T TH F split instead of MWF doing a push/pull/legs cuz its so hard for me to only train 3 days per week
Bro just keep doing the 2way. I know it is allot to get used to, believe me i came from lifting 5 days a week on a higher volume TUT routine. Almost everyone he trains he has use the 2way split. But if you are giving it everything you have in the gym, you will need that extra recovery.

Link24

Awards
  • Established
I personally think you should keep the 3day spilt.....Especially if it the strength gains that you want to see

Link24

Awards
  • Established
Right now there is no way in hell i could switch to the 4day DC spilt cause Im so go damn sore everyday

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
I'm doing the DC training as well. I currently am sore as hell as well and need the extra day off sometimes until adaptation kicks in.

Keep up the good work, you inspire us :) :thumbsup:

mfbb

mfbb

Awards
  • Established
thanks a lot guys

i am going to stick to the MWF for now but when i get on some gear I may do the push/pull/legs 4 days a week.

will be training and posting 2c later

mfbb

mfbb

Awards
  • Established
completed 2c...decent workout...not my best for legs but I just wasn't mentally there today, kinda just sat in the house all day and ****ty weather.

Hammer Strength Preacher Curl- 100x 8-3-2
Reverse Single Cable Curl- 30x15
stretch 55 seconds
Seated Calf Raise- 60x12
Stiff Leg Deadlift- 225x10 :(
Leg Press 9 plates per side x 8 :( 3 plates + 25 x 22

mfbb

mfbb

Awards
  • Established
Workout 1a...good workout beat all my lifts from last week
weight is a hair under 220(starting weight) but i look bigger and leaner

Incline Smith- 225 x 10-5-2
45 sec stretch
Smith Millitary press- 185 x 10-3-2
50 sec stretch
Skullcrusher- 105 x 12-5-3
45s stretch
Rack Chin- 35 x 9-5-3
Rack Dead- 315x12 385x4
50 sec bodyweight hang

i am very pleased with DC..i think i've put on some size and look leaner and harder.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
Do you guys count the bar in those weights or just the plates alone? What is the standard method of listing them?

Thanks.

Neoborn

mfbb

mfbb

Awards
  • Established
counting the bar (45lbs for the barbell and 25 for the ez curl) is the standard method in listing weights...

mfbb

mfbb

Awards
  • Established
day 2a good workout weights went up
i switched the days for hacks and bb squats bc I don't wanna do heavy squats 2 days after heavy rack deads

BB Curl-100 x 9-5-3
Hammer Curl- 35x15
Stretch
Hack Calve Raise- 225x14
Lying Leg Curl- 160x 12-6-4
stretch
Hack Squat- 5 plates per x 9 2 plates+35 per x 18
stretch

mfbb

mfbb

Awards
  • Established
day 1b...moved some decent weight but it felt like a sloppy workout
weights went up at least

Incline Hammer- 3 plates per side x 10-5-2
stretch
Hammer Shoulder- 2 plates per side x 10-5-2
stretch
Close Grip Smith Bench- 245 x 9-4-2
stretch
Front Lat Pulldown- 210 x 10-5-3
T-Bar Row- 5 plates x 9
Stretch

like I said I beat my weights from last workout but I just didnt have my usual intensity...i have a good feeling that DC is gunna make me a strong mofo

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
im subbed bro. Im starting DC too. I need to learn more tho but im easing my way into it. I might have alot of questions haha.

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
Nice log. Very soon you would've maxed out many of the hammer strength machines at your gym. But that's just DC training ;)

mfbb

mfbb

Awards
  • Established
im subbed bro. Im starting DC too. I need to learn more tho but im easing my way into it. I might have alot of questions haha.
yea dude I love it...i've been studying up on it a while before i started so feel free to ask away

and machinehead i hope i'm maxing out all the hammers haha

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i need to get better examples of extreme stretching and get my rep ranges and counts down. I basically did two workouts DCish, i just concentrate on negs and go slow on negs. Sometimes i do static holds or Rest Pause, ill usually just stretch the muscle for a long time after and as hard as i can but i dont think im doing it the DC way....That is basically what i need to brush up on. What do your days look like, 2 on 1 off? I was thinking 2 on 1 off 2 on 2 off then repeat.

mfbb

mfbb

Awards
  • Established
i need to get better examples of extreme stretching and get my rep ranges and counts down. I basically did two workouts DCish, i just concentrate on negs and go slow on negs. Sometimes i do static holds or Rest Pause, ill usually just stretch the muscle for a long time after and as hard as i can but i dont think im doing it the DC way....That is basically what i need to brush up on. What do your days look like, 2 on 1 off? I was thinking 2 on 1 off 2 on 2 off then repeat.
nah bro i only lift monday wed fri with DC...and thats how it's reccomended. if u do this routine right it's fckin brutal and u need the extra rest days. I was consideing a mon tue thur fri with weds and weekends off but i'm gunna wait on that till im ON.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
Brutal, he's speaking the truth. This is what I have found and needed more time off to recoup.

That picture doesn't work for me for some reason can you upload it here? It is possible to attach it to a post.

mfbb

mfbb

Awards
  • Established
completed workout 2b...good workout weight went up and I look like I'm getting more thick and dense

Incline Db Curl- 40 x 10-5-3
Reverse Ez Curl- 60 x 15
stretch
Standing Calve Raise- 180 x 12
Seated Leg Curl- 135 x 12-7-5
stretch
BB Squat- 370 x 7
Smith Squat - 225x20
stretch (finally got the leg stretch down and it fcukin hurts)

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
so the incline db curls are rest pause
rev ez curl is straight set
calve raise is straight set
leg curls are rest paused
squats straight set?
smiths for widowmaker

1.are all reps focused on slow negatives, or which ones are and arent?

2. as far as the rest pause for leg curls i thought the next set is about half the prior, i dont follow that exact either but are you going to failure on each rest pause?

3. what kind of reps are you doing for the both squats?

mfbb

mfbb

Awards
  • Established
so the incline db curls are rest pause
rev ez curl is straight set
calve raise is straight set
leg curls are rest paused
squats straight set?
smiths for widowmaker

1.are all reps focused on slow negatives, or which ones are and arent?

2. as far as the rest pause for leg curls i thought the next set is about half the prior, i dont follow that exact either but are you going to failure on each rest pause?

3. what kind of reps are you doing for the both squats?

1. everything is a controlled negative but I don't count. DC said he regrets telling ppl to do a 6-10 sec negative. I just focus on keeping it controlled. i think heavy squats, rows, and deads aren't as slow as they should be but for those i just go at my own pace.

2. for some reason on leg curls i end up getting a lot of reps bc i don't use very heavy weight and my hams respond well to higher reps. i guess my hams recover faster than my other body parts? but dc says he wants almost 30 reps RP total for hams so it works out

3. squats are done 4-8 reps...hacks and leg presses are done 6-10 reps and i do the 20 repper for every exercise

everything is rest paused except quads, back thickness, calves, forearms and stiffleg deads.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
Can you explain what "rest- paused" clearly means, this phrase causes me some confusion though I believe I have been doing it.

Much Love and nice log!

NEoborn

mfbb

mfbb

Awards
  • Established
Can you explain what "rest- paused" clearly means, this phrase causes me some confusion though I believe I have been doing it.

Much Love and nice log!

NEoborn
thanx neo

rest-paused in this context (which is the only way I've heard it used) is take a set to failure (usually 8-10 reps), then rack the weight, then take 12-15 deep breaths and do another set right away to failure(usually is about half of the previous set), then repeat one more time (12-15 breathes, then another set)

hope that helps

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
Yup clear as crystal ty :thumbsup:

Much Love,

Neoborn

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
1. everything is a controlled negative but I don't count. DC said he regrets telling ppl to do a 6-10 sec negative. I just focus on keeping it controlled. i think heavy squats, rows, and deads aren't as slow as they should be but for those i just go at my own pace.

2. for some reason on leg curls i end up getting a lot of reps bc i don't use very heavy weight and my hams respond well to higher reps. i guess my hams recover faster than my other body parts? but dc says he wants almost 30 reps RP total for hams so it works out

3. squats are done 4-8 reps...hacks and leg presses are done 6-10 reps and i do the 20 repper for every exercise

everything is rest paused except quads, back thickness, calves, forearms and stiffleg deads.
Good advice..

Good log so far. Keep up the good work!

To the other people wanting to learn about DC. Read as much as you can, and ask questions. Because if you are not doing it right, you are not doing DC. I see allot of people doing weird ****, that goes against allot of what he says, or just doing it wrong, and then wonder why they are not getting the results others are getting.. It is better to have it laid down right before you even get into it.

D-

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good advice..

To the other people wanting to learn about DC. Read as much as you can, and ask questions. Because if you are not doing it right, you are not doing DC. I see allot of people doing weird ****, that goes against allot of what he says, or just doing it wrong, and then wonder why they are not getting the results others are getting.. It is better to have it laid down right before you even get into it.

D-
:goodpost: i was thinking the same thing. Im on cycle and switched to DC but i dont think i will make better gains then i would with my old routine because i dont have it down pat yet. Is it normal to not feel so much DOMS on DC because of the low volume? I mean it is less then my old routine which had alot of sets in it.

mfbb

mfbb

Awards
  • Established
i dunno brotha the general consensus is that everyone gets pretty sore

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
:goodpost: i was thinking the same thing. Im on cycle and switched to DC but i dont think i will make better gains then i would with my old routine because i dont have it down pat yet. Is it normal to not feel so much DOMS on DC because of the low volume? I mean it is less then my old routine which had alot of sets in it.
The low versus high volume is accounted for by warm up then the short breaks to failure which include slow negatives and static holds etc. These are all to failure on the working rest pause set.

You "should" feel it. Don't forget the extreme fascia stretching which is a large part of this

Much Love,

Neoborn.

This DC training grinds me to the bone, but maybe just cause I'm noob :D It's hardcore.

Intensity is what you make it? try heavier weights with slower TUT?

:donut:

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
is 70% of 1repmax a good weight to use for your working set?

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
Good advice..

D-

well i just might start DC tonight.... so tempted. relaly wanna change up my reoutine. really feel im just lacking some exercises which could promote nice muscle growth

mfbb

mfbb

Awards
  • Established
piston i would stick to the 6-10 rep range to failure except for ham curls and skullcrushers in which case i would go upwards of 10-12 reps to failure...

copleted 1c today...DC is hard with freeweights and this is def my hardest day
weights went up from last week so things look good

Incline BB- 225 x 8-5-2
stretch
DB Shoulder Press- 80 x 10-4-2
stretch
Reverse Grip Bench in Smith- 215 x 11-7-4
stretch
Hammer Underhand Pulldown- 2 45's+ 2 10's per side x 9-5-4
BB Row 230x10
stretch

i might have to change this workout around bc its so fcukin hard with all the freeweights and then underhand pulldowns which kill my bb rows

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
piston i would stick to the 6-10 rep range to failure except for ham curls and skullcrushers in which case i would go upwards of 10-12 reps to failure...

copleted 1c today...DC is hard with freeweights and this is def my hardest day
weights went up from last week so things look good

Incline BB- 225 x 8-5-2
stretch
DB Shoulder Press- 80 x 10-4-2
stretch
Reverse Grip Bench in Smith- 215 x 11-7-4
stretch
Hammer Underhand Pulldown- 2 45's+ 2 10's per side x 9-5-4
BB Row 230x10
stretch

i might have to change this workout around bc its so fcukin hard with all the freeweights and then underhand pulldowns which kill my bb rows
nice work

i know i read somewhere that your not supposed to do flat barbell benching cuz its hard on shoulders

but incline barbell benching hurts my shoulders more then flat. flat doesnt bother me at all anymore nad havent tried incline barbell in a few months.. soo thats like doenst make any sense

mfbb

mfbb

Awards
  • Established
nice work

i know i read somewhere that your not supposed to do flat barbell benching cuz its hard on shoulders

but incline barbell benching hurts my shoulders more then flat. flat doesnt bother me at all anymore nad havent tried incline barbell in a few months.. soo thats like doenst make any sense
i just don't do flat barbell bc it does absolutely nothing for my chest development. My chest is bigger now doing 225 lb clean inclines then when i was repping 315 on flat. u can do flat db or flat hammer strength if u want to replace inclines for dc

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
i just don't do flat barbell bc it does absolutely nothing for my chest development. My chest is bigger now doing 225 lb clean inclines then when i was repping 315 on flat. u can do flat db or flat hammer strength if u want to replace inclines for dc
ok i just might do the first workout right meow im scared of not finding a nice spotter

Day 1a
Incline Smith
Smith Millitary Press
Skullcrusher
Rack Chins
Rack Deads

humm looks delicious. but im scared

all negaties are 2-3 seconds and postivies are explosive?

BREAth inbtw sets and then cont to failure

and do stretchings btw each exercises.. sound good?

alright just did day 1. post is here http://anabolicminds.com/forum/968630-post156.html

stil not sure if i did rack chins correctly gotta find those videos again

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
ok i just might do the first workout right meow im scared of not finding a nice spotter

Day 1a
Incline Smith
Smith Millitary Press
Skullcrusher
Rack Chins
Rack Deads

humm looks delicious. but im scared

all negaties are 2-3 seconds and postivies are explosive?

BREAth inbtw sets and then cont to failure

and do stretchings btw each exercises.. sound good?
Apparently, you can't explode on the way up on deadlifts, safety comes first. In general, you don't need to count the number of seconds but rather focus on controlling the weight. It's hard to explain but as you gain experience doing this, you will find your groove and know exactly how slow it should be, be it 3 or 4 or 2.7 seconds or whatever. It becomes second nature.

You can do the stretches after each muscle group, or do all of them at the end, or do chest shoulders triceps, then the stretches for those three, then back w and back th, then the back stretch.

Good luck and have fun.

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
Apparently, you can't explode on the way up on deadlifts, safety comes first. In general, you don't need to count the number of seconds but rather focus on controlling the weight. It's hard to explain but as you gain experience doing this, you will find your groove and know exactly how slow it should be, be it 3 or 4 or 2.7 seconds or whatever. It becomes second nature.

You can do the stretches after each muscle group, or do all of them at the end, or do chest shoulders triceps, then the stretches for those three, then back w and back th, then the back stretch.

Good luck and have fun.
cool thanks. for here and my log.

i think i got the hang of it this is prob the easiest of the cycles workouts. looking foward to fridays workout. taking thurs off of course

mfbb

mfbb

Awards
  • Established
bro ur gunna love it it's a lot of fun tryin to beat the logbook...i can't wait to do with with 500mgs of test and 40 of dianabol helpin me :)

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
Looking damn good bro! I need to jump back on the routine ASAP!

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
bro ur gunna love it it's a lot of fun tryin to beat the logbook...i can't wait to do with with 500mgs of test and 40 of dianabol helpin me :)
yea so like whats the goal with this..

to bump the weight up. or more so beat the reps you got beforehand on other workouts?

or of coures just do both right

when do you move up a weight. thats what i have no idea one this routine. the goal is like 8 reps first set right? i did more then 8 reps for some things so i should bump up alittle?

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
yea so like whats the goal with this..

to bump the weight up. or more so beat the reps you got beforehand on other workouts?

or of coures just do both right

when do you move up a weight. thats what i have no idea one this routine. the goal is like 8 reps first set right? i did more then 8 reps for some things so i should bump up alittle?
when you come back around to workout 1a for instance you should beat your last 1a workout weight/reps. If you cant you have to pick a new excercise to replace it. DC makes it easy to monitor weights and reps as well because you only do one real workset. I cant wait for my workouts to come back around so i can try to beat them.

mfbb, i was just asking how you know what weight to use for your workset. Is 70% of a 1 rep max a good number or do you just go by what you think you can get at that rep range? I dont want to try a weight to light or to heavy and waste my set.

trail and error i guess?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
delsolrob Workout Logs 24
CaribouMT Workout Logs 5
Smont Cycle Logs 4353
-MVP- Workout Logs 1
Anthony_ Workout Logs 349