DaveGabe showin' off his Grand Bolas, aka DTH!!

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
April 23rd - DTH 1-2-2

Total time: (roughly) 50 mins
Muscles: Legs

Hang Cleans
  • 135 x 5
  • 155 x 5
  • 185 x 3
Squats
  • 275 x 5
  • 315 x 4
  • 225 x 10
Leg Press
  • 290 x 12, calves x 12
  • 290 x 12, calves x 12
  • calves x 10 (6 second holds at the bottom)
Leg Curls
  • stack x 6
Abs

Everything felt solid, 275 and 315 are feeling really light on squat. Next leg day I'm going to hit the squats harder.

8 days left on DTH. Then I'll have final measurements and pictures. :thumbsup:

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Chest/tri today, was home for the weekend, had some great food and spent time with the family. Feel much more rested, runny nose/sore throat is much better.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
April 29th - DTH 1-2-2

Length: 100 minutes roughly
Muscles: Chest/Tri

Flat BB
  • 185 x 6
  • 225 x 5
  • 245 x 5
  • 275 x 5 (1 forced rep)
  • 225 x 5
  • 225 x 8
  • 225 x 5
  • 225 x 10 (2 forced reps)
  • 225 x 8 (1 forced rep)
Incline BB
  • 185 x 6 (1 forced rep)
  • 225 x 5 (2 forced reps)
  • 185 x 5
Flat DB
100 x 6
100 x 6
100 x 6

Incline DB
  • 80 x 6
  • 80 x 6
  • 80 x 6
Incline Cable Flies
Tri Pushdowns
Rope Pushdown
Dips
  • BW x 18
  • BW x 15
  • BW x 12

Another crazy workout, strongest I've ever been. Definitely happy with progress and the direction everything is going in.

Things have been really crazy at school, this is the last week of classes and next week is finals. I'm doing my best to adequately update, but it is a definite struggle. Regardless, there will be a well-written, in-depth final review with comparisons to ActX, measurements, strength increases, my personal thoughts, and pictures. So rest assured, good things are on the way :cool:

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
Length: 100 minutes roughly

Flat BB
  • 185 x 6
  • 225 x 5
  • 245 x 5
  • 275 x 5 (1 forced rep)
  • 225 x 5
  • 225 x 8
  • 225 x 5
  • 225 x 10 (2 forced reps)
  • 225 x 8 (1 forced rep)
Incline BB
  • 185 x 6 (1 forced rep)
  • 225 x 5 (2 forced reps)
  • 185 x 5
Flat DB
100 x 6
100 x 6
100 x 6

Incline DB
  • 80 x 6
  • 80 x 6
  • 80 x 6
Incline Cable Flies
Tri Pushdowns
Rope Pushdown
Dips
  • BW x 18
  • BW x 15
  • BW x 12

Another crazy workout, strongest I've ever been. Definitely happy with progress and the direction everything is going in.

Things have been really crazy at school, this is the last week of classes and next week is finals. I'm doing my best to adequately update, but it is a definite struggle. Regardless, there will be a well-written, in-depth final review with comparisons to ActX, measurements, strength increases, my personal thoughts, and pictures. So rest assured, good things are on the way :cool:
Nice work man... I've got exams comin up as well....

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
Nice work man... I've got exams comin up as well....
I am seriously considering running a cycle....just dont know which one i am going to go with....i am so in limbo with this lately...

CYCLE 1
11-OXO - 6 WEEKS

CYCLE 2
DTH
bulk nettle
NOS ether

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
I am seriously considering running a cycle....just dont know which one i am going to go with....i am so in limbo with this lately...

CYCLE 1
11-OXO - 6 WEEKS

CYCLE 2
DTH
bulk nettle
NOS ether
run the 2nd cycle first.....then when you start the 1st one....you will miss the 2nd so much you will run it again. Cap the nettle tho and use about 1200mg/day with 5 or 6/DTH day or 1500/1600mg day with 4 DTH day.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
May 1st - DTH 2-2-2

Time: Roughly 40 minutes
Muscles: Legs

Squats
  • 225 x 8
  • 275 x 5
  • 315 x 3 (no spot, real easy)
  • 275 x 5
  • 225 x 8
Hang Clean and Press
  • 135 x 4 x 4 presses
  • 155 x 4 x 4 presses
  • 135 x 4 x 4 presses each clean
Leg Press
  • 400 x 6
  • 400 x 6
  • 400 x 8
Leg Curls

Ate way too much food close to my workout. Didn't feel great, strength was good though. Happy with how light 275 and 315 are feeling, with a better pre-workout nutrition set up, and a spotter I'll be expecting big things over the next few months.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
May 3rd - DTH 2-2-2

Time: Roughly 40 minutes
Muscles: Back Bi

Pullups
  • BW x 15
  • +25 x 8
  • +45 x 6 dropset, BW x 5
BB Rows
  • 225 x 8
  • 245 x 8
  • 265 x 8
  • 225 x 10
Pulldowns
Rope Hi-Rows
BB Curls
EZ Bar Cable Curls

Today is legs, gonna mix it up with exercise selection.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Flat BB
225 x 6
225 x 5
(bad shoulder pain)

Hammer Strength Bench Press
  • 180 x 10
  • 180 x 10
  • 180 x 8
  • 135 x 12
  • 180 x 7
  • 180 x 7
  • 180 x 8
  • 180 x 6
  • 180 x 6
  • 180 x 6
Pec Deck
Tri Pushdown
Ez Bar Pushdown

Endurance felt really good today on the hammer strength, happy that it took so long for my reps to start falling. I'll work on the final review tonight/tomorrow and will post it tomorrow evening.

I will tell you now, I was very happy with DTH. The results were not exactly what I had envisioned, but nonetheless was pleased with the overall results.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Can you elaborate more on that?
I planned on doing so in the final review but I can shed some light on it now I suppose.

I was expecting this to be more of a bulking product. Perhaps that was my fault, and was a misunderstanding. It turned out to be more of a strength/recomp from what I experienced. I was able to put on a few solid pounds, maintain my leanness (arguably lean out a little bit), and increase strength. The size came as well, but I see this as more of a recomp product than I do a mass builder.

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
I planned on doing so in the final review but I can shed some light on it now I suppose.

I was expecting this to be more of a bulking product. Perhaps that was my fault, and was a misunderstanding. It turned out to be more of a strength/recomp from what I experienced. I was able to put on a few solid pounds, maintain my leanness (arguably lean out a little bit), and increase strength. The size came as well, but I see this as more of a recomp product than I do a mass builder.
Yeah, well I dont think there are any herbal test boosters that have a direct effect on mass per se, I think with DTH it decreases bodyfat in a lot of users so they seem to think its not helping put on size, but Im pretty sure most size gains supplement wise come from other factors that maybe used with an herbal test booster (unless your way below your mid to high end weight range for your height and have never used a supplement in your life).

Anyway Im just saying that because Im sure if you had got your bodyfat checked every 2 weeks on the product your lean muscle mass probably would have went up, but the leaning out effects is something most people notice more when they are not measuring bodyfat because its kinda hard to "see" lean muscle gains when you see urself everyday.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, well I dont think there are any herbal test boosters that have a direct effect on mass per se, I think with DTH it decreases bodyfat in a lot of users so they seem to think its not helping put on size, but Im pretty sure most size gains supplement wise come from other factors that maybe used with an herbal test booster (unless your way below your mid to high end weight range for your height and have never used a supplement in your life).

Anyway Im just saying that because Im sure if you had got your bodyfat checked every 2 weeks on the product your lean muscle mass probably would have went up, but the leaning out effects is something most people notice more when they are not measuring bodyfat because its kinda hard to "see" lean muscle gains when you see urself everyday.
Yeah, I agree with everything you mentioned. My parents who hadn't seen me for like 4-5 weeks had said I got bigger, and dad said I was looking a leaner like I used to. So there was definitely lean mass gains.

My weight has some interesting fluctuations, could have been diet or just shedding some fat. Regardless, I'm happy with the physique DTH has left me with. Have a tub of NOS Ether that I'm about to open up today :cool:

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
Have a tub of NOS Ether that I'm about to open up today :cool:
ohh snap, u got the new version? It wil be something to eval. if you keep making strength gains stopping the DTH but starting a product like NOS ETHER.

Did you get any increase in libido on DTH? Just asking, I know you logged this for direct comp to Actx and that product has little to know effect on libido and is not promoted to increase libido, I was just asking because I didnt see any comment on it during the log. Or Ill just read the final review if it will be in there.

cya, thanks in advance for running a complete log......(without the usual...."I got a cold, my gym is 2 far, its spring break not working out for 2 weeks").

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ohh snap, u got the new version? It wil be something to eval. if you keep making strength gains stopping the DTH but starting a product like NOS ETHER.

Did you get any increase in libido on DTH? Just asking, I know you logged this for direct comp to Actx and that product has little to know effect on libido and is not promoted to increase libido, I was just asking because I didnt see any comment on it during the log. Or Ill just read the final review if it will be in there.

cya, thanks in advance for running a complete log......(without the usual...."I got a cold, my gym is 2 far, its spring break not working out for 2 weeks").
It's the old version, got some from RedHawk (bri) he always told me how big of a fan he was of it, so I traded for some. I'm pretty pumped actually, the ATP side of it has really got my interest.

As far as the libido goes, well I am 19 years old so it's naturally pretty high you could say. I did notice for a week or so that I wasn't thinkin about it as much as usual, and other days was the opposite. This was a bit harder for me to gauge because of my age. I consider this to be in the same category as acne to be honest, because at my age it's pretty natural so I never jump the gun on claiming a supplement to be responsible for it.

As far as the log goes, I was happy to do it for ya. I respected the fact that you had such confidence in DTH, and I'm sure you'll enjoy the final review. It held its own vs ActX without a doubt. And yeah, I'm not one to come with excuses to stay out of the gym, just not my style. :cool:

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Got a quick question about the original NOS Ether.

I'm like 196-198 lbs roughly, what should my dosing be like?

The range says 190-240, 2scoops pre, 2 scoops post. Then 2 scoops on offdays.

The tub would last like 25 days or somethin like that if I did it this way.

What's the usual suggested dosing for someone around my weight?

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
Got a quick question about the original NOS Ether.

I'm like 196-198 lbs roughly, what should my dosing be like?

The range says 190-240, 2scoops pre, 2 scoops post. Then 2 scoops on offdays.

The tub would last like 25 days or somethin like that if I did it this way.

What's the usual suggested dosing for someone around my weight?
ur over 190 so you would follow the directions for someone over 190. if you goal is to stretch it 4 more days workout 16 days a month or only take 2 pre and 2 post when training compound exercises (back, chest, quads) and if u do an "arms" day take 2 pre and 1 post.

most people on Ether want to reduce the dosage to get a few extra days out of it.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ur over 190 so you would follow the directions for someone over 190. if you goal is to stretch it 4 more days workout 16 days a month or only take 2 pre and 2 post when training compound exercises (back, chest, quads) and if u do an "arms" day take 2 pre and 1 post.

most people on Ether want to reduce the dosage to get a few extra days out of it.
Yeah I mean, if it's going to ruin the effectiveness then I won't bother.

I workout 6 days a week since I'm on a bulk. Either way, I'm cutting at the end of the month so I might as well just use it all up and pack on as much muscle as possible.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
nice log! so which one are you liking better so far?
Well, DTH ran out a few days ago...been a really hectic last few days. Just got home yesterday from school and it's Mother's Day weekend so I'm strapped for time. Tomorrow I set aside a few hours to get all of my final review information to explain how I feel about the whole comparison.

I enjoyed ActX a lot, it helped me put on weight and strength. I consider DTH more of a recomp/strength product.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
DTH Final Review

DTH
FINAL REVIEW

First off, I know many people like to give scores out of 10 or expect them in a review. Personally I like to just explain my experiences and give the reader a feeling of what I would give the product instead of people just looking at my numbers and scrolling down. On another note, this product was sent to me by Chuck to be directly compared to ActX, so don't think me comparing them is anything else (attacks on DS, fanboy of Get Diesel, etc.)

Let's get started........

Strength​
This by far was the best aspect of this product. I would definitely argue as far as pure strength gains go DTH is definitely on the level of ActX. I had some serious weight fluctuations, which I will go into further detail about later, and regardless of this my strength was very consistent with positive progress.

Vascularity​
I know everyone loves Divanil as far as vasodilators goes, but I must say that the DTH had my forearms covered and some serious veins in my arms as well. While strength may have been much closer, I feel DTH definitely wins in this category.

Pumps/Fullness​
ActX gave me some great pumps, however DTH did as well. They both kept me full throughout the day, so I'd say in this category they are even.

Aggression​
This is where DTH shined by far for me. The aggression from this product in the gym really had me attacking weights, and just getting work done while I was there. Helped the weight go up (via intensity).

Sleep​
Well, not sure what the claims are (if there are any) about DTH improving sleep, but it wasn't anything major. I did have some random nights of deep deep sleep and vivid dreams. However ActX was more consistent with the deep sleep.

Size​
Overall I definitely threw some size on, with very minimal fat gains. This is the area that leads me to believe DTH is a great overall recomp product. Where as ActX helped me put on weight better. I'm pleased with the size I gained because it was clean weight, but was a little disappointed with the amount of weight gained (perhaps I misunderstood the claims of the product). Chuck said many ppl lose weight because of fat loss...but personally I don't think there would be any weight loss if the muscle is being put on. Anyways, weight is not a priority for me, not nearly as much as overall physique and strength are.

Final Thoughts
I would have to say that DTH is a great product, and surprised me in many areas. It is a great recomp, aggression boosting, strength enhancing product. ActX is more for a deep sleep, bulking up, and getting stronger product. So I suppose they both have their specialties. Obviously I know many of you may have conflicting experiences with what I'm claiming here, but mind you we all have our own way of reacting to different supplements and these were mine.

Hope you guys enjoy this review, I had a fun 2 months on DTH and want to thank Chuck for sending me the bottles. Also want to commend Chuck for having enough confidence in his product to send me two bottles to directly compare to ActX, shows me quite a bit.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
:clap2: Nice review :) Much appreciated since I ran through 2 bottles of DTH myself, but haven't tried ActX.

Thanks, took a while to get it up, busy last 4-5 days. Hope this is what everyone was looking for.

E J

E J

Awards
  • Established
Thanks man! Great review it rocks :head:

And I like the way you reviewed them instead of saying: "8 out of 10" without any explanation.

We have been so focused in comparing them, buy I would like your opinion (and anybody who want's to chip in) about stacking them. From your review strength would be out of this world, you would gain weight fairly clean, libido would be great etc.

Opinions?

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks man! Great review it rocks :head:

And I like the way you reviewed them instead of saying: "8 out of 10" without any explanation.

We have been so focused in comparing them, buy I would like your opinion (and anybody who want's to chip in) about stacking them. From your review strength would be out of this world, you would gain weight fairly clean, libido would be great etc.

Opinions?
Conceptually you could stack them, however it may be a bit redundant. They both have the ingredients to free up test, control estrogen, etc. May be better off with going with something like DTH/ACtX and then a pro-anabolic like Mass FX, etc. Something that works through a different pathway and would be a more direct compliment to one of these. This is just my opinion though, I'm sure others have different views on it.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice review! :cool: