GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
In order to keep the cals lower despite my hunger being elevated from working out again....its time to deploy protein fluff lol
Lol take a pill of thermagize .. it completely demolishes my hunger to a point I had to stop the supplement .. if I ever get fluffy I know which supplement to take lol

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'll give that a shot after Ignit3...it seems much heavier in the stim dept than I usually prefer lol
lol it is .. i might get another bottle .. and can hook u up with samples if you want to try maybe mid next month

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah that'd be awesome! I have Ignit3 for a few months, Lean Edge, Energized Aminos, plus tons of loose leaf tea + Mistobox coffee sub, so no rush at least! hah

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I'll give that a shot after Ignit3...it seems much heavier in the stim dept than I usually prefer lol
It is very strong. I'm surprised it hasn't caught on more than it has. One one hand you see people all the time complaining about missing DMAA and strong stims and here's Thermagize with feedback of being too strong for a lot of people and it doesn't seem to have caught on yet.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
How important is having some food 30mins after Lean Edge?

Would be easier if I could just take it in the AM and then later in the evening...will that have any significant impact on absorption, efficacy, etc?
The main reason we suggest Lean Edge before a meal is to give it time to absorb for appetite control purposes and also because some people need to eat after taking some of the ingredients in there so it doesn't hurt their stomachs.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It is very strong. I'm surprised it hasn't caught on more than it has. One one hand you see people all the time complaining about missing DMAA and strong stims and here's Thermagize with feedback of being too strong for a lot of people and it doesn't seem to have caught on yet.
Beats me...I remember the 1,3 craze. I agree it's odd that a strong stim product like that didn't seem to fill that void and catch on.

I took the Lean Edge caps this morning empty stomach no problem. I prefer to take it early so it gives the appetite suppression time to kick in before afternoon starts and I start fighting the good fight lol So far it's been a little better, 11am is here, time for some Swole + Energized Aminos, then workout, then monster postworkout meal.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
nice .. yeah ive taken lean edge with and without meals .. if you ever feel stomach discomfort add in pre meal .. but i think its verstaile and will work either way.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sounds good!

Also, good news - Concept 2 rower will be the new addition to the home gym. About 4 weeks out from adding that in.

Active recovery/GPP type sessions on off days.

Excited!

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Sounds good!

Also, good news - Concept 2 rower will be the new addition to the home gym. About 4 weeks out from adding that in.

Active recovery/GPP type sessions on off days.

Excited!
I love my concept. One of those and an assault bike in the garage means I pretty much have no excuses to not got cardio in.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I love my concept. One of those and an assault bike in the garage means I pretty much have no excuses to not got cardio in.
Assault bike just seems too hard to achieve low intensty haha So I opted for the Concept 2...I can do some 20min sessions, some 5kM sprints, etc and really get into it. Similar to my prowler, it was easy for active recovery/GPP to push me further inroad than I wanted.

Plus I love the technique aspect - been watching tons of youtube vids on technique, Dark Horse rowing, etc. Open to good sources/suggestions if you have any.

Today's Workout:
2/17/2020

SSB Squat
135 x 5
175 x 5
195 x 5
225 x 5
225 x 5
225 x 5
225 x 5
225 x 5

SSB OHP
100 x 5
115 x 5
125 x 5
100 x 20

Chins (superset throughout)
BW x 7 x 14sets
BW x 5 x 1
TOTAL : 103 (BOOM)

Dips / Facepulls
BW x 15 x 6 sets
Total : 90 ;(100 next time, no excuses)

Overall, awesome workout. Squats are feeling great, knees tracking good, hips firing, everything, and my overall endurance is climbing because a month or two ago the concept of 100 pullups alone would have gave me agita.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Assault bike just seems too hard to achieve low intensty haha So I opted for the Concept 2...I can do some 20min sessions, some 5kM sprints, etc and really get into it. Similar to my prowler, it was easy for active recovery/GPP to push me further inroad than I wanted.

Plus I love the technique aspect - been watching tons of youtube vids on technique, Dark Horse rowing, etc. Open to good sources/suggestions if you have any.
Dark Horse is pretty good, I'll see if I can dig up my old manual (I spent a day with a collegiate rower and have his stuff he sent out somewhere...).

Ya the bike sucks, but I've gotten to be able to do some low intensity stuff on it. It definitely is more geared towards higher/harder intensity at short spurts though. I just like variety.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Pre -
Energized Aminos + 2 caps GlycerPump

Week 6 Day 2
Feb 19th, 2020

Deadlifts
135 x 5
185 x 5
205 x 5
225 x 5
250 x 5
250 x 5
250 x 5

Bench
135 x 5
185 x 5
205 x 5
205 x 5
205 x 5
205 x 5
205 x 5

DB Rows superset w/ BB Curls
65 x 15 -> Bar x 10
65 x 15 -> Bar x 10
65 x 15 -> Bar x 10

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Leaning out, strength is returning, and most importantly is the underlying habits are being built out (supergreens/adaptogen intake, fiber/veggies, protein 200G or higher each day, and the momentum is building).

Adding in rowing will keep this going and allow me some room to add in calories as the workouts get more demanding.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Final day of 5/3/1 BtM and I must say...made it across the finish line crawling. This routine is absolutely not designed for a cut, as Wendler as stated, so I dk why I tried it LOL

February 21, 2020
SSB Squats
135 x 5
175 x 5
195 x 5
225 x 5
160 x 20

SSB OHP
5x12(reps) @ 100

Chins
BW - 13x8(reps)
Total: 104 reps

Dips / FP
BW x 15
BW x 20
BW x 20
BW x 25
BW x 20
Total: 100 reps

Brutal - my cold is back and even worse. Colored mucus, sore throat...the works. Going to deload/rest next week and then get back after it. Probably a combination of training this hard + cal deficit + kids bring back the plague from daycare occassionally.

Either way, moving forward I'm hopping over to Berkhans Lean Gains RPT program for another 4-6 weeks. Then I'll reassess and possibly move over to a deficit and focus again on size/strength.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Being sick sucks. I'm sorry to hear that. Have you tried Immune Support XT? It doesn't get talked about on here as much as some of the other products bc people don't tend to see it as workout related; I do myself because I think of how long have to train for to reach certain gains and how quickly they can be lost back due to sickness.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Havent tried or looked into it.

Definitely something I'd consider in the future. I'll check it out soon!

Edit** Grabbed 2 bottles, looks great.

Last edited:

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

This stuff is great. Honestly this and Stress and Anxiety from SNS are things I plan to keep around even though they aren’t always at the forefront of progress they help keep things from sliding behind for me.

I understand the training, work, and family grind now and anything that allows me to not miss a step is worth it.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
100%.

I've focused more on overall health recently and I think long term itll pay off. Four Sigmatic mixes, super greens, tons of veggies, stretching, cryotherapy, mushroom blends, you name it.

I found a life changing product yesterday.

$1.10 / serving (11.7oz)
30g P / 2.5g F / 3g C - 150cals
Vanilla (flavored with stevia)
270 day shelf life.

LOL

So as cheap as a good whey blend, amazing taste (coffees, mushroom lattes, oatmeal, protein shakes), room temp stable, and 30g milk protein. Wtf this is a game changer.

Stocking up in a big way.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

This stuff is great. Honestly this and Stress and Anxiety from SNS are things I plan to keep around even though they aren’t always at the forefront of progress they help keep things from sliding behind for me.

I understand the training, work, and family grind now and anything that allows me to not miss a step is worth it.
Thank you. Both are great products that I wish got more attention.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Going to do some 3RM testing tomorrow - will grab some videos to make it a bit interesting in her. Not going to go too crazy but definitely want to see what I'm made of these days.

Immune support arrived - just as I'm getting over things, so hopefully this can seal the deal and get me back to 100% and hitting the iron next week.

As I look around all I see is SNS everywhere LOL

Just in the last 4 weeks I've bought:
3x - Focus XT
2x - Energized Aminos
2x - Immune Support
2x - GlycoPhase
2x - GlycerPump
2x - Vaso6
2x - X-Gels
2x - Cissus XT

The best part? Not a single regret or disappointment in any of these purchases. Excited to keep a strong SNS presence on the shelves moving forward as well, especially as new products are launched!

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
haha nice stack

im pretty perticular about brands as well .. only do 3-5 brands i trust

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
haha nice stack

im pretty perticular about brands as well .. only do 3-5 brands i trust
100% same here. I rather know a few companies intimately and trust them than have ANY concerns regarding QC, false label claims, etc. which we all know is about as rampant as ever.

That was just the SNS stuff, not including the CEL stuff I bought (MTest, Anabolic Effect, etc ;) ) haha

Going to do XGels + MTest (2-3 months) and then probably Anabolic Effect + BMP (2-3 months) after that.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Same boat as y’all. Really just keep mostly around SNS/CEL, Jarrow, and Doctor’s Best as my mains. Plenty of other good brands I rotate but try to stick to these.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Same boat as y’all. Really just keep mostly around SNS/CEL, Jarrow, and Doctor’s Best as my mains. Plenty of other good brands I rotate but try to stick to these.
Yup - sometimes for the health stuff I'll go to Vitacost, Jarrow, New Chapter, etc but rarely rotate too much.

I am enjoying the Four Sigmatic stuff, as much for the taste as anything else, but I'm a pretty big believer in functional mushrooms and some of the eastern stuff, despite having less literature to support it, the test of time carries some weight imo

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Yup - sometimes for the health stuff I'll go to Vitacost, Jarrow, New Chapter, etc but rarely rotate too much.

I am enjoying the Four Sigmatic stuff, as much for the taste as anything else, but I'm a pretty big believer in functional mushrooms and some of the eastern stuff, despite having less literature to support it, the test of time carries some weight imo
I’ll probably use them more (via Peak 02) when SNS releases their encapsulated product.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I’ll probably use them more (via Peak 02) when SNS releases their encapsulated product.
yup bye bye scivation & primaforce once SNS releases it lol

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Had a phenomenal day. Weights down to 192.3 and dropping, cold is almost over, and took some decent weight for triples today. Didn't push it TOO far because I want to recover and be ready to start my next training cycle on Monday. Everything felt pretty light, quick, and overall solid. Didn't notice any major form breakdowns either.

SSB Squat
275 x 3
295 x3

Bench
265 x 3
285 x 3

Pulls
335 x 3
365 x 3

Onwards we go fellas.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Back at it again...

Monday
March 2nd, 2020

Deadlifts (working sets only)
225 x 4
275 x 4
330 x 8
295 x 8

SSB OHP
130 x 8
125 x 8
120 x 8

Chins
BW x 8
BW x 8

Done. Felt good to get in, hit some high intensity AMRAP sets, and get out. Less volume overall and I think this will help me drop weight as I won't be insatiably hungry all the time.

Cracked open joint support today. Cissus is getting low and as I hit some heavy lifts moving forward I want to keep the joints in good health. Have had my fair share of surgeries lol

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
good lift and nice form.

yes i love cissus myself .. i dont know if you remember back in the day there was some stuff called cissus-drol .. i didnt knew the formula or what was cissus .. but i knew what "drol" meant and got hooked on cissus .. then came SNS cissusXT and it was a wrap lol

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
good lift and nice form.

yes i love cissus myself .. i dont know if you remember back in the day there was some stuff called cissus-drol .. i didnt knew the formula or what was cissus .. but i knew what "drol" meant and got hooked on cissus .. then came SNS cissusXT and it was a wrap lol
Haha yes - I remember drol being added to everything. Was it originally from Halodrol? I forget

I also remember buying bulk cissus and choking down that dirt, which quite literally, tasted like dirt.

Man those were the days. Bulk GMS in my shakes, drinking those snowflake size chunks, lmao The things I used to do, good lord, what dedication :D I got soft now

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Haha yes - I remember drol being added to everything. Was it originally from Halodrol? I forget

I also remember buying bulk cissus and choking down that dirt, which quite literally, tasted like dirt.

Man those were the days. Bulk GMS in my shakes, drinking those snowflake size chunks, lmao The things I used to do, good lord, what dedication :D I got soft now
lol yea i believe gaspari was the first one to use "drol" in halo

haha yea back in the day we didnt care much about taste .. and now we are so spoiled lol

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Bulk cissus tasted so bad that I capped mine BY HAND before I had any idea that capers existed
I agree. It's so funny though bc we still have people asking us to do a Cissus powder.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Off week last week. Baby boy had pink eye so I was home with him for a few days tied up - and had some weird little pains.

ATFL / Spring lig complex acting up and I have what feels to be an anterior impingement. Plus, I randomly got up from my comp chair and it felt like my femoral head slipped, so maybe my labrum was lax for a bit...idk

Anyways, back at it today lol No more excuses! Weights down to 190, so thats going really well. Body comp is leaning out, and I'm another month or so away before I start XGels / MTest ;)

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Off week last week. Baby boy had pink eye so I was home with him for a few days tied up - and had some weird little pains.

ATFL / Spring lig complex acting up and I have what feels to be an anterior impingement. Plus, I randomly got up from my comp chair and it felt like my femoral head slipped, so maybe my labrum was lax for a bit...idk

Anyways, back at it today lol No more excuses! Weights down to 190, so thats going really well. Body comp is leaning out, and I'm another month or so away before I start XGels / MTest ;)
I hope that both you and your little one are feeling better.

Congratulations on your progress thus far.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thank you! Yeah little man is back in action wreaking havoc (10 months old lol)

Today's Workout (working sets only)

Deadlifts
275 x 5
325 x 8
295 x 10

OHP
135 x 8
130 x 8
125 x 8

Chins
BW x 10
BW x 8

Some calf work.

Felt good ! Going to keep hitting these workouts hard and really drop the cals for the next few weeks to hit that 185-187 goal. Get pretty lean (relatively speaking) and then hit the XGel / MTest stack for the srs (lol) stength gains and hopefully lean muscle bulk.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thursday
March 12

Bench
225 x 11
215 x 12
205 x 10

DB Rows
65 x 18
60 x 15
55 x 15

JM Press
65 x 12
65 x 12

Another solid day - weight still at 189...next few weeks should bring me closer and closer to the end of the cut ! Exciting times ahead haha Can't wait to crack open my bottles of MTest.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Energized Aminos...where do I begin?

I personally don't always feel the need or see the benefit in the ffAA's ... but between the clean energy + flavor? I am pretty sure I'm addicted LOL Rotating between Focus XT / Energized aminos and then the random tea/coffee latte...enjoying this.

Yesterday's Workout:

SSB Squats
245 x 10
225 x 10
205 x 12

Rack Chins
BW x 12
BW x 12
BW x 9

BB Curls
Bar x 10
Bar x 10

Going to be ordering more CissusXT, Immune Support (for Wifey as well), another Energized Aminos (Pink Candy one, haven't tried it yet!), and a bottle of Thermagize which I think I'll enjoy as Ignit3 bottles come to an end.

Adding in some recovery workouts on off days using the new Concept2 rowing machine that arrived. Excited to get some conditioning work back in the mix.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nice and easy 15mins while listening to Tim Ferriss and Josh Waitzkin.

I am focusing on proper technique and practice for a while. When to break at the knees, only extending my back to 11' o clock, etc.

Was fun though, excited to become strong on this equipment and I think itll go a long way in my recovery, gpp, and physique.

20200315_130558.jpg

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Glad to hear that you're enjoying the Energized Aminos so much. As popular as the amino energizer category is, I really wish Energized Aminos would get more attention.

I personally find Thermagize XT to be a lot stronger than Ignit3 energy wise.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Excited to hear that. Yeah the energized amino category eludes me as far as where its needed in my arsenal.

Regardless, for .60c to have a nicely flavored stim product, I'm not complaining.

Another nice sized SNS order arrives tomorrow lol. Dont even know how much I've spent at this point

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Missed my workout cause the kids were home -- madness haha

Workout today (AMRAP sets listed)

Deadlifts
330x8
300x8

OHP w/ Safety Squat Bar (similar to Axle press)
140 x 12
135 x 10
130 x 8

BB Curls
Bar x 10
Bar x 10

Chins
BW+10 x 8
BW+10 x 8

Done.

The SNS order is delayed (naturally)....

SN256SNS Serious Nutrition Solutions Stress & Anxiety Support - 120 Cap1
SN149SNS Serious Nutrition Solutions Immune Support XT - 120 Cap3
IS283ONE Bar Lemon Cake - 12 Bars1
IS294ONE Bar Blueberry Cobbler - 12 Bars1
SN260SNS Serious Nutrition Solutions Energized Aminos Pink Star Candy - 30 Servings1
SN084SNS Serious Nutrition Solutions Cissus XT - 120 Cap3
SN258SNS Serious Nutrition Solutions Thermagize XT - 60 Cap1

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
^^^ Who did you order from? PM me if I can help you in any way.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
^^^ Who did you order from? PM me if I can help you in any way.
DPS. Btw let me know if you prefer I order from a specific retailer or direct, whichever has the best margins for you if they're competitive...I'll go there!

I dont mind waiting, I know the delivery guys are transporting much more important things these days than some cissus and supps ;) Appreciate it though my friend!

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
DPS has great deals and normally they ship fast. I'm sorry to hear that your order is delayed; wasn't sure if you meant by DPS or by the shipping company. The reason I asked where you ordered from is some retailers sell things they don't have in stock and it holds up orders; DPS is not that way and don't do that.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
DPS has great deals and normally they ship fast. I'm sorry to hear that your order is delayed; wasn't sure if you meant by DPS or by the shipping company. The reason I asked where you ordered from is some retailers sell things they don't have in stock and it holds up orders; DPS is not that way and don't do that.
Ooh I got ya. It actually arrived today! So I think the UPS system is just overloaded and the tracking estimates are off. That works for me Haha

20200319_102937.jpg

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
nice score .. i love DPS

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
nice score .. i love DPS
Win win, nice to find a store that sells a brand I enjoy supporting. Makes the supplement side of health and training much more decision-less. Leaves me more mental bandwidth for more important things hah