DaveGabe back in action with SNS / CEL

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Introduction:
Working out for probably 15 years now. Been training heavy (competed in PL briefly) for about 10 years of that once I stopped playing soccer/basketball. I've been inconsistent for the last 3-4 years however and looking to change that in a big way. Probably a few legit reasons like getting married, having a couple kids, med device sales, you name it - but the excuses are over. Life isn't going to slow down anytime soon so it's about time I just grab it by the horns.

Anyways, after catching up on what companies deserve my support ($$) because they rely on evidence-based, clinically-dosed ingredient profiles I landed on these 2 companies. Not to say there aren't other products I'll be trying at some point, but for now here's my layout for the foreseeable future.

Current Stats:
Height - 5'11''
Weight - 194 (as of 1/30/20 morning)

Goals:
1.) Lean out to 187-190ish over 2 months while enjoying some hiatus-like newbie gains
2.) Add calories back in and focus on strength/size

Diet:
Pretty standard 40/40/20 stuff, usually do 16:8 just for the convenience of it as I work from home most days and it's less cooking.

Focus is on protein, fiber, and veggies and I rarely track the minutiae lately (logging each meal in myfitnesspal, etc). A lot of it is just using my years of being in the game to estimate a meal within 50cals or so and making sure Im within 100cals of the daily target. Is it a science? of course not but it works and keeps things sustainable and on track. If progress stalls I'll boot myfitnesspal back up and get to it.

Lifting Plan:
5/3/1 Building the Monolith

For now the assistance work is a bit lower in volume as my cals are slightly restricted for an initial 6-8 week lean out phase. When I get back into a calorie surplus and focus on strength/size I'll be adding the volume back in to crush it.

Long time fan of the progressive overload and simplicity of Wendlers programs. Treated me good in the past leading up to my PL meet, so no need to change. I am starting relatively light and easing back into it to give my CNS and system some time to adjust to what lies ahead.

Supplements:
Non Staples:
Round 1 (6-8 wks):

Ignit3 (4caps / day)
Lean Edge (6caps / day)

Round 2 (8 wks):
X-Gels (4-5 caps / 3x a week, may increase if others suggest it)
M-Test (as suggested on bottle)

Round 3 (8 wks):
Anabolic Effect
**Possibly add in some BMP

Staples (for those interested):
Omega 3s
Vitamin D
Turmeric
Cissus XT
ZMA
Creatine Mono
Beta Alanine

Randoms:
Focus XT
Joint XT
Vaso6

Currently in Week 3 of my first training cycle back so you'll see my Week 3 Day 3 tomorrow and as the weights get a little more fun (I.E. not highschool weight) I'll throw in some training videos and we can have some fun. Looking forward to it, happy to be back in the game, and here's to fighting the good fight of the dad bod haha

This is as much to analyze the benefits of the supplements as it is to add an extra level of accountability (and fun) for myself. I'll always do my best to critically evaluate what TRUE benefits (I.E. beyond what I'd reasonable expect from proper training + nutrition) I am feeling. Is it anecdotal? Hell yeah it is but it's also the best one can give.

So in the end hopefully we can at least extrapolate some value such as - In a calorie surplus, on top of a well programmed lifting template, one can expect these supplements to clearly work or not work strongly enough to justify the cost.

As much as we try to claim the effects of any supplement there's always an inherent amount of variance. Genetic predispositions, experience lifting, nutrition, individual response to the ingredients, etc. so take my progress with a grain of salt and I'll do my best as always to keep it objective and free of hyperbole.

Here goes nothing!

Last edited:
BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nice intro brother!!! I will check it out...

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nice intro brother!!! I will check it out...
Glad to have you man - was just browsing your epic log right before I created this thread LOL

When I was 22 I had a 1330 total @ 217lbs (475/355/500 in 220lb class) at my first PL meet so I feel like that's a good starting point to try and beat. Granted I had a crew I trained with regularly, some of the had elite totals, and I had nothing to do but go to classes and lift....but still, I'd like to see myself at LEAST match or beat that at some point. No excuses.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I look forward to seeing your progress.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
nice .. best of luck .. following along on the journey.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Great structured setup, looking forward to seeing your progress.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sweet! I will get in on this!

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That’s gonna be as good a natty stack as you can get! And pair that with those “memory” gains and you’re in for a good time
I look forward to seeing your progress.
nice .. best of luck .. following along on the journey.
Great structured setup, looking forward to seeing your progress.
Sweet! I will get in on this!
Welcome back. Will follow along.
I remenber you from BB forum, welcome back!

Woohoo now it's a party!! The first few months will be a bit less exciting because it's mainly just leaning out and getting back into the swing. Then all bets are off - cals will be up, weights will be up, and the fun begins.

Yesterdays workout:
Jan 31st
Week 3 - Day 3

SSB Squats
135 x 5
165 x 5
185 x 5
210 x 5
120 x 20

OHP
95 x 10 x 5 sets

Chins
BW x 5 x 12 sets (supersetted with squats & OHP)

Dips + Facepulls (EliteFTS OJ band)
BW x 10 x 5 sets

Visiting family in Maryland so it's a bit tough eating out so much, still trying to keep cals down around 2000ish. Ignit3 is 2caps early, 2 caps afternoon - Lean Edge is 3 caps before 1st meal and last meal of the day.

Going to try for a quick rowing session since my bro has a concept2 pm5 in his basement. Going to give it a whirl especially since I'm hoping to pick one up for my own off-day / GPP work.

Lights are still light af, and while its mildly embarrassing, that's the point. Give my tendons, ligaments, nervous system etc a chance to acclimate before we really get back after it.

Stay tuned . . .

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
What is your training split right now?

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What is your training split right now?
3x a week

Day1 squat/ohp
Day2 DL/bench
Day3 squat/ohp

Should be good to bring me back to at least some basic strength imo 275 bench, 355sq, 405 dead within a few months. Then I'll consider pivoting to a diff program if needed.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Feb 2nd, 2020
LISS Rowing Session

Time: 11:07
Distance: 2171m

This is like swimming a little, since my technique sucks, it's definitely a little bit of me fighting it and just brute force than a smooth session. I do love the rowing and can see it being a good off day GPP route with some dips/pushups or something to keep it full body.

Good to get the blood flowing on off days, going to try and do some sort of movement 7days a week to help expedite this return to decency.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Feb 3rd
Week 4 - Day 1

SSB Squats
135 x 10 - superset (ss) w/ BW x 5 chins
160 x 5 - ss w/ BW x 5 chins
195 x 5 - ss w/ BW x 5 chins
210 x 5 - ss w/ BW x 5 chins

Strict OHP w/ SSB
95 x 5 - ss w/ BW x 5 chins
105 x 5 - ss w/ BW x 5 chins
120 x 5 - ss w/ BW x 5 chins
95 x 20 - ss w/ BW x 5 chins

Dips ss w/ facepulls (EFS OJ band)
BW - 4 x 10
BW - 1 x 20 set

Accessory totals
Chins - 60
Dips - 60
FP - 60

Damage control over the weekend was pretty awesome. Kept it to sushi, steamed dumplings, salads, etc...nothing to crazy. If I don't make a conscious effort I can still do 4-5k cal days pretty easily. Old habits die hard I guess back from my days up at 230lbs lol

Felt really good today, accessory work is getting much lighter. While the actual weights are light I'll continue to focus on getting my chins/dips up to 100 per workout like the baseline of Building the Monolith template calls for.

Protein is still around 200g/day minimum, with a focus on greens + fiber, and additional carbs on workout days.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nice workout .. i had a horrible food eating weekend too and on top didn't had sns glycophase

All night just felt so bloated with beers & mexican food sitting around

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
All night just felt so bloated with beers & mexican food sitting around
I almost feel like you think this is a bad thing? :D

I am running out of Predator, I tend to use most carbs up PWO so I can get around needing a GDA for most days...but I'll probably re-up on Glycophase in my next supp order.

Also going to give Super Swole a shot, love the ingredient profile and the stim-free aspect doesn't get in the way of Ignit3 / Focus XT - and Tea/Coffee. . . good stuff.

The stock piling of SNS / CEL stuff continues lol

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
February 5th, 2020

Week 4 Day 2
Deadlift

185 x 5
210 x 5
240 x 5
240 x 5
240 x 5

Bench
155 x 5
175 x 5
195 x 5
195 x 5
195 x 5
195 x 5
195 x 5

DB Rows superset with BB Curls
45 x 15 - Bar x 10
45 x 15 - Bar x 10
45 x 15 - Bar x 10

This workout felt awesome, 240 felt just as easy as the 135's warming up. Excited to be repping out 3 plates soon enough. Staying the course, focusing on nutrition, etc. Things are moving exactly as planned.

Weight: 192.9lbs Down about 1.5 so far -- steady, slow, and calculated. Once I get down to 187ish Ill probably bump the cals and get back up to 200 slowly. Sub-200 and I just feel skinny :D

Side note - back in the day when I was a pre-med undergrad I remember working for Athletic Edge Nutrition and budgeting to buy my clear plastic bags of protein from True Nutrition, budget stuff, doing sponsored logs so I could try non-staples...man how nice it is to just buy stuff as needed because I'm comfortable these days.

Here's the stash so far ;)

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I am still budgeting stuff. 😢

I miss the AEN stuff back in the day...I logged the OG Green Apple, was quite an interesting tasting product. ;)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I almost feel like you think this is a bad thing? :D

I am running out of Predator, I tend to use most carbs up PWO so I can get around needing a GDA for most days...but I'll probably re-up on Glycophase in my next supp order.

Also going to give Super Swole a shot, love the ingredient profile and the stim-free aspect doesn't get in the way of Ignit3 / Focus XT - and Tea/Coffee. . . good stuff.

The stock piling of SNS / CEL stuff continues lol
sns/cel are 2 of my favorite companys….along with iron legion @ iconic formulations-of course.....

I don't follow many logs these days, going to make the exception here, you are a dedicated guy and I want to see how these products treat you...

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am still budgeting stuff. 😢

I miss the AEN stuff back in the day...I logged the OG Green Apple, was quite an interesting tasting product. ;)
All good - better than not-budgeting when you should? (I tried) lol

Yeah Sebastian really wanted to be a pioneer but I think competing with all the pure marketing and integrity-less companies willing to sell out for a sale got to be too much. I remember our weekly meetings on formulations, recent beta-alanine publications, explaining what paresthesia was to a million people back in 2006ish haha, how the endurance benefit was a result of maintaining muscular ph against hydrogen ions, etc....good times for sure.

sns/cel are 2 of my favorite companys….along with iron legion @ iconic formulations-of course.....

I don't follow many logs these days, going to make the exception here, you are a dedicated guy and I want to see how these products treat you...
I appreciate that for sure. I dove back into the market, forums, etc. and SNS / CEL came out towards the top as far as companies putting out quality products and not just trying to push trendy garbage.

At the end of the day, my make or break is going to be my nutrition and training, lets make no bones about it...but it is definitely fun trying to find that extra oomph whether its on days you need a pick-me-up or days you want to really push the envelope and surprise yourself. In a weird way, my monetary investment into the supplements is a way to force myself to invest my energy and effort into my commitment.

It's an all-in kind of play, because if I'm going to run $50-100 a month in non-staples, Im going to try and absolutely crush it to maximize my ROI on that spend.

Those days will be coming shortly, just need you guys to hang tight with me for a few weeks while I reacclimatize my systems.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Unrelated note - I am AMAZED at the amount of licensed ingredients in products these days. Even more so, I am a HUGE fan of it.

Allows sourcing companies to go through some of the finer QC measurements, HPLC, mass spec, produce CoA's per batch, etc...and still be profitable because supplement companies have realized the value in these things. Not just sourcing anything remotely close.

I remember the days of all the ecdysterones, herbals, debates of extraction methods and standardization %'s and now I see these KSM, Astragin, etc and Im like ok cool - the validation and homework is being done on the supply side and the supp company is subsequently investing in their own product. Awesome final result imo.

Last edited:
sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Unrelated note - I am AMAZED at the amount of licensed ingredients in products these days. Even more so, I am a HUGE fan of it.

Allows sourcing companies to go through some of the finer QC measurements, HPLC, mass spec, produce CoA's per batch, etc...and still be profitable because supplement companies have realized the value in these things. Not just sourcing anything remotely close.

I remember the days of all the ecdysterones, herbals, debates of extraction methods and standardization %'s and now I see these KSM, Astragin, etc and Im like ok cool - the validation and homework is being done on the supply side and the supp company is subsequently investing in their own product. Awesome final result imo.
We use a lot of branded ingredients for SNS and CEL, probably a lot more than most companies. It's great for when people understand the value of them but then it can also be a negative from a sales perspective when people don't because they may not understand why a product is a few dollars more than something else. For example, VasoForce Rush has 7 licensed branded ingredients in one product and you can get 25 servings for around 30 bucks but some people that don't understand the value of them (unfortunately including some retailers) complain that it isn't cheaper.

Here's a quick breakdown of ours (I'm probably forgetting some).

Competitive Edge Labs:
Anabolic Effect - 4 branded ingredients
Super Swole - 6 branded ingredients
Stano-Plex 300 - 1 branded ingredient

SNS:
Energized Aminos - 2 branded ingredients
Lean Edge - 5 branded ingredients
Thermagize XT - 5 branded ingredients
VasoForce XT - 4 branded ingredients
VasoForce Rush - 7 branded ingredients

SNS Single Ingredient Branded Ingredients:
KSM-66
GlycerPump
Magnesium Creatine Chelate Powder (Creatine Magnapower)
VASO6
(3 to 4 more being added to this list in the next couple months)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
We use a lot of branded ingredients for SNS and CEL, probably a lot more than most companies. It's great for when people understand the value of them but then it can also be a negative from a sales perspective when people don't because they may not understand why a product is a few dollars more than something else. For example, VasoForce Rush has 7 licensed branded ingredients in one product and you can get 25 servings for around 30 bucks but some people that don't understand the value of them (unfortunately including some retailers) complain that it isn't cheaper.

Here's a quick breakdown of ours (I'm probably forgetting some).

Competitive Edge Labs:
Anabolic Effect - 4 branded ingredients
Super Swole - 6 branded ingredients
Stano-Plex 300 - 1 branded ingredient

SNS:
Energized Aminos - 2 branded ingredients
Lean Edge - 5 branded ingredients
Thermagize XT - 5 branded ingredients
VasoForce XT - 4 branded ingredients
VasoForce Rush - 7 branded ingredients

SNS Single Ingredient Branded Ingredients:
KSM-66
GlycerPump
Magnesium Creatine Chelate Powder (Creatine Magnapower)
VASO6
(3 to 4 more being added to this list in the next couple months)
yup...

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wish it counted for more than just n+1 customer...but these are the details that make someone like me gravitate towards SNS/CEL as a loyal customer and not the shiny labels and generic ingredients thrown on just to make the claims.

I know licensing costs extra but it speaks volumes both to the efficacy of the product but also the type of company that's willing to go that extra distance for their end user. It's almost a quick little purity test (if you will) these days.

Today's workout:
February 7th, 2020
Week 4 Day 3
SSB Squats superset with bodyweight chins
135 x 5 -- BW x 6
165 x 5 -- BW x 6
185 x 5 -- BW x 6
205 x 5 -- BW x 6
135 x 20 -- BW x 6

SSB Strict OHP superset with bodyweight chins
Bar x 15 (?) -- BW x 6
85 x 12 -- BW x 6
85 x 12 -- BW x 6
85 x 12 -- BW x 6
85 x 12 -- BW x 6
85 x 12 -- BW x 6

Dips superset with Facepulls
BW x 10 -- OJ Band x 10
BW x 10 -- OJ Band x 10
BW x 10 -- OJ Band x 10
Bodyweight Chins x 6
BW x 10 -- OJ Band x 10
BW x 10 -- OJ Band x 10
Bodyweight Chins x 6

Total Counts:
Chins - 78 reps (13s x 6reps)
Dips - 50 reps (5 x 10)
FP - 50 reps (5 x 10)

The actual weights are baby weights but good god when youre out of shape this bodyweight stuff in any sort of volume can wreak havoc. I'm just pumped I'm honing in on that 100 mark of pullups a couple months before the weights increase. It'll be a nice inflection point of tonnage increasing along with protein/cals.

In the end, I was able to do the pullups without any real threat of a failed rep though. First exercise with Super Swole + 2 caps Ignit3. Felt really solid throughout, no crazy stim feeling, focused on the weights everything moved...onward we go.

Last edited:
sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I wish it counted for more than just n+1 customer...but these are the details that make someone like me gravitate towards SNS/CEL as a loyal customer and not the shiny labels and generic ingredients thrown on just to make the claims.

I know licensing costs extra but it speaks volumes both to the efficacy of the product but also the type of company that's willing to go that extra distance for their end user. It's almost a quick little purity test (if you will) these days.
Thank you. We really appreciate it. When we make a product, our goal is to make the best product in its class at a cost effective price. It won't necessarily be the cheapest because we want it to be the best and we do use a lot of clinically studied branded ingredients in order to do so, but we always offer them at a great price for what they are. People that are familiar with raw material costs can look at things like VasoForce Rush and Super Swole and know that we offer things like this at A LOT less markup than most companies.

Sadly, in today's world, 90+% of the time it's the companies with the fanciest labels and social media presence that do the best. Social media is something we are trying to get better on but we will never be a company to pay people to say they use our products when they don't. We've always had a real people, real results type of approach.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
SNS - It is for all those reasons you mentioned that you will continue to have me as a customer.

In fact - just ordered today

Vaso 6
Glycerpump
Energized Aminos (Strawberry Limeade & Kiwi Strawb)

Also grabbed
Prime Nutrition Phytoform
Blackstone Labs Juiced Up

Gearing up for the long haul and I want this to be as much health-oriented as it is muscle and strength gains. Holistic and sustainable approach has always been my mindset. Whether its cryotherapy (tried last week), float tank sessions, you name it . . . the pursuit of self development is a perpetual one.

Back at the weights tomorrow!

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
impressive numbers - moving weights easily

and thanks for the support .. SNS/CEL sometimes feels like such an unappreciated co when i see other co charge for less ingridents for same price .

did you pick up the DPS deal on the amino's ? If the sale is there for $18 by friday, ima cop some more ..love the stuff been using it as a preworkout

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks man - impressive is yet to come. Baseline for me feeling strong again will be repping 275+ bench, 335+ squat, 365+ DL. That's when it begins to get fun imo, for now it's just using some self discipline and easing into it.

It was DPS indeed! Excited to stack them with vaso6 or glycerpump for some basic pre options once SuperSwole runs out!

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
We appreciate it. Which flavors Energized Aminos did you try? You put Strawberry Limeade and Kiwi Strawberry, but we don't make a Kiwi Strawberry. I was thinking you may have gotten the flavor confused with one of other products you bought? The flavors we offer now are Pink Star Candy, Strawberry Limeade, and Mango Iced Tea.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Mango is delicious .. i am doing 1 scoop + 1.5g of creatine hcl + 2 caps of glycerpump

Vaso is a great addition .. im just taking a break from it .. but would make a nice create your own pre .. energy last for hours.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yup mixed it up with the phytoform. Good call hah

Mango and Strawberry Limeade !
I look forward to hearing your thoughts. All the flavors are good. Mango Iced Tea started off the slowest (I think bc a lot of brands haven't done tea flavors very well) but as soon as word started getting out on how good it was has really picked up and is the best selling flavor now.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Despite selling Intrabolic back in the day I have always been a bit indifferent on the intra-workout nutritional supps. Have always found the literature to be somewhat muted if the overall nutrition was on point for the individual (i.e. adequate protein intake).

However, been working out fasted more and more, with my first meal of the day post-workout so I am thinking there may be some added value plus something to drink other than water wont be bad.

I'll likely use either Vaso or Glycer as I dont feel the need to do both. Pumps are fun but I'm not as focused on them as most others tbh.

As I look back over the SuperSwole profile though, once Im done with the vaso6/glycer bottles I may just go back to it. One of the most comprehensive profiles, surprises me everyday I look back at it.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Despite selling Intrabolic back in the day I have always been a bit indifferent on the intra-workout nutritional supps. Have always found the literature to be somewhat muted if the overall nutrition was on point for the individual (i.e. adequate protein intake).

However, been working out fasted more and more, with my first meal of the day post-workout so I am thinking there may be some added value plus something to drink other than water wont be bad.

I'll likely use either Vaso or Glycer as I dont feel the need to do both. Pumps are fun but I'm not as focused on them as most others tbh.

As I look back over the SuperSwole profile though, once Im done with the vaso6/glycer bottles I may just go back to it. One of the most comprehensive profiles, surprises me everyday I look back at it.
I'm a fan of BCAA's/EAA's intra because they work great for me. I've tried working out fasted and while that may be great for some people, my strength and endurance absolutely suck.

I like both VASO6 and GlycerPump. Even though they both work well for pumps, they work through different pathways so they do make for an awesome stack, but of course can be used separately. I like GlycerPump also for the hydration aspects of it.

Thanks for the kind words on Super Swole. I agree, the profile is amazing. I'm surprised that word on the product hasn't seemed to get out more. It's a great profile, great taste, and awesome results.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
February 10th, 2020

SSB Squats
150 x 5
175 x 5
195 x 5
195 x 5
195 x 5
195 x 5
195 x 5

SSB Overhead Press
85 x 5
100 x 5
115 x 5
85 x 20

Chins Total
BW - 14 sets x 6 reps

Dips / Facepulls
BW - 5 sets x 12 reps

Despite being a bit under the weather sinus/cough wise, I had this feeling of just push forward. The pullups weren't a matter of physical failure as they were just "suck it up and do it" type struggle. Nonetheless, the total chins grow closer to 100. Going to start upping the dips soon as well.

The pump was awesome but I know better these days than to get my hopes up. I will deflate soon enough and return to my normal form...smoke and mirrors hah

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Today's workout tends to be a little lighter/easier (Deads/bench) so I swapped Ignit3/Superswole with 1 scoop Focus Xt (Grape limeade) and 2 caps Glycerpump.

Forgot how damn good this grape limeade tastes!!!

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Damn that looks like helluva preworkout lol

and yes love the grape limeade as well .. i actually keep it at my work desk .. i was actually talking to the creator about the flavor .. and i hate grape flavors but this mixture is just perfect with limeade

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Since I work from home - I keep some at my work desk as well haha

The problem I find is having almost too many various stim products as I try to avoid over-stim, both the acute side effects (over-stim is the worst) and the longer term burnout.

FocusXT, Ignit3, and Energized Aminos....too many good products and too little time in the day!

Once I run out of Ignit3 I may just opt for my stims to come from Coffee, Tea, FocusXT, and EA's.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Since I work from home - I keep some at my work desk as well haha

The problem I find is having almost too many various stim products as I try to avoid over-stim, both the acute side effects (over-stim is the worst) and the longer term burnout.

FocusXT, Ignit3, and Energized Aminos....too many good products and too little time in the day!

Once I run out of Ignit3 I may just opt for my stims to come from Coffee, Tea, FocusXT, and EA's.
For stims I use Focus XT first thing in the morning and then Energized Aminos after lunch. I'll occasionally do another scoop of Focus XT later in the day if I'm going to be doing a lot of emails or paperwork.

I like Thermagize XT sometimes but its stronger than I like for daily use since I'm at a desk most of the day.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For stims I use Focus XT first thing in the morning and then Energized Aminos after lunch. I'll occasionally do another scoop of Focus XT later in the day if I'm going to be doing a lot of emails or paperwork.

I like Thermagize XT sometimes but its stronger than I like for daily use since I'm at a desk most of the day.
That seems like a good setup. Thermagize is a little stim heavy for me, I prefer low dose & higher frequency. Beats up your adrenals/CNS a little less.

To give an idea of my daily nutrition:

Meal 1 (3 hrs preworkout):
Greek Salad kit
2 Scoops Ghost PB Whey
1 Packet of Oatmeal

Meal 2 (postworkout):
Southwest Salad Kit
2 Scoops Ghost PB Whey
1 ONE Bar

Meal 3 (later tonight)
Hatfield Pork Tenderloin
Spinach salad (cranberries, walnuts, balsamic)

Today's workout:
February 12, 2020
Deadlift:
135 x 5
165 x 5
190 x 5
225 x 5
225 x 5
225 x 5

(These felt like speed pulls from back when I used to do a westside style template with my crew lol)

Bench
95 x 5
135 x 5
165 x 5
185 x 5
185 x 5
185 x 5
185 x 5
185 x 5

DB Rows with BB Curls
45 x 20 -> Bar x 10
45 x 20 -> Bar x 10
45 x 20 -> Bar x 10

Nice and easy workout, Friday will be a bit heavier and next week gets back to semi-real weights. Next overall cycle of this 5/3/1 with updates 3RM numbers will be awesome. Hang tight gents, we are in the home stretch.

Weight is hovering around 192-193. I really struggle to eat so little while I'm hitting the compound lifts...just seems so easy to eat 3k+ ugh Despite the scale being stubborn, the mirror tells a bit a more and I'm most definitely leaning out. So overall the strength is returning quickly, leaning out slightly, and most importantly I am rebuilding the habits, consistency, and commitment that'll get me to where I want to go in 6 months, a year, 5 years, etc. Feels good to be back at it.

I will say the Lean Edge has helped curve my insatiable appetite though. I've found that 600-800 cal meals leave me fuller longer. This is probably tied in with my focus on more leafy greens and satiating foods but nonetheless, its an effect worth noting!

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Leaning out for sure. Walking around more vascular, things are going very well.

Mood is good (it always is), energy is stable, calories are in a deficit, strength is coming back on quickly (to be expected).

Overall - very happy with the return to the gym thus far.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Mood is good (it always is), energy is stable, calories are in a deficit, strength is coming back on quickly (to be expected).

Nice! Sounds like it's treating you well. Love that feeling when your vascular majority of the time!

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

best feeling in the world .. well one of them lol

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nice! Sounds like it's treating you well. Love that feeling when your vascular majority of the time!
best feeling in the world .. well one of them lol
Couldn't agree more! I've been big into Zen, Taoist, and Stoic philosophies for a longgggg time (before eastern stuff made its way over and became so trendy) so honestly, day to day I'm always grateful and in a 7-8/10 mood.

What meditation, stillness, journaling etc can't do for you? Bring out the vascularity ;)

So my overall mood is good but on any given day I'm just a general even keel, laid back guy tbh....what's nice is that has been maintained throughout the recent weeks of going into a cal deficit which can notoriously cause some hanger.

Still fighting off this cold which sucks but just pushing through these workouts since next week is Week 6 of the cycle and the final week of this round. Can't stop, won't stop.

February 15th, 2020
Week 5 Day 3
SSB Squat
135 x 5
150 x 5
175 x 5
195 x 5
150 x 5

SSB Overhead Press
85 x 10
85 x 10
85 x 10
85 x 10
85 x 10

Dips / Facepulls
BW x 15 x 5 = Total 75 reps

Chins (superset throught squats/ohp)
BW x 7 x 13 sets = Total 91 reps

Seems like by my next cycle of 5/3/1 BtM I should be damn close to 100reps on chins and dips. The BW stuff while I'm out of shape and still around 194ish is FAR harder than compound lifts lol

Use Energized Aminos yesterday, was literally dragging in the workout - not muscle failure, but just feeling depleted energy wise, so I grabbed a scoop (knowing halfway through isn't the best analysis for its energy boost) and WOW this does indeed taste like liquid starburst.

Reasonably dosed stim blend + extra EAA's (rarely a bad thing) + Amazing taste + Affordable price point = WIN????

See myself making this somewhat of a staple moving forward, really enjoyed it.

Valentine's day party at my parents house with the family yesterday... filet wrapped in bacon, biscuits, roasted potatoes, salad, white chocolate macadamia cookie...some damage was done. Woke up at 194 , today will be a 180-200g protein day and BARE bones of the other macros to have a big offsetting cal deficit day.

Breakfast was
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
1 scoop Ghost blueberry
60g strawberries
1/2 ONE Cinnamon Roll bar

Last edited:
LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Agreed on the Energized Aminos feeling and taste! Definitely one of my go to SNS products for energy now!

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In order to keep the cals lower despite my hunger being elevated from working out again....its time to deploy protein fluff lol

Also tons of sauteed spinach + garlic + tomatoes and (insert chicken sausage, pork, ground meat, etc)

Back at it tomorrow ! Next week will be some fun 3RM/5RM testing, probably grab some of them on video to spice it up a bit.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How important is having some food 30mins after Lean Edge?

Would be easier if I could just take it in the AM and then later in the evening...will that have any significant impact on absorption, efficacy, etc?

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
How important is having some food 30mins after Lean Edge?

Would be easier if I could just take it in the AM and then later in the evening...will that have any significant impact on absorption, efficacy, etc?
I like lean edge with food .. have tried both ways .. didn’t really seem different

When I’m running it .. I stick to basic .. 3 caps breakfast .. 3 caps dinner ( about 30 mins beforehand )

Or early breakfast and a lil after lunch .. since it has great .. not only a great fat loss also great for your mood/mind supplement