Dangerous Stimulant found in 14 supplements

Rushie

Awards
Shocked to see Hi-tech and some of its daughter companies on the list.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is Methylsynephrine which has been on the market for years and years, and is clearly listed on each of our labels that contain it.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Here is Lipodrene for example:

Amount Per Serving:
Proprietary blend with Thermo-Rx and Extend-Rx Technologies: 560mg
Ephedra Extract 25mg (leaves), Senegalia Berlandieri Extract (leaves) [Yielding 200mg Phenylethylamine Alkaloids Including: Methylsynephrine, N-Methyl-B-Phenylethlamine, N,N-Dimethylphenylethylamine, Phenylethylamine], Phenylethylamine HCl, 25mg Synephrine HCl, Theobromine, Green Tea Extract (45mg EGCG), Methylhexamine HCl, Hoodia Extract (cactus), Cassia Nomame Extract (plant), Naringen (fruit), 6,7 Dihydroxybergamotin (fruit), 5-Methoxytryptamine HCl, L-5-Hydroxytryptophan, Yohimbine HCl

Caffeine (Anhydrous) 100mg

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
And a quote from PricePlow about Hi-Techs opinions on the matter

On the other hand, Jared Wheat of Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals stated that the Hi-Tech Family is not reformulating away from methylsynephrine. They claim that they have already received the FDA’s blessing on one of their methylsynephrine-containing products (likely Fastin) after ephedrine was banned and they were looking for approval on a legal replacement. Per Wheat, they’ve been legally selling it for 13 years and aren’t stopping now.

Chefdeez

Chefdeez

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I mean, just because they've been selling it for 13 years doesn't mean it's safe.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I mean, just because they've been selling it for 13 years doesn't mean it's safe.
And the same can be said for any ingredient, take too much of it, and you're gonna have a bad time.

Think of how many doses we have sold in 13 years since being approved by the FDA to use it. How many adverse side effects as a result?

This "study" is done by the same guy who has claimed every single dietary supplement is dangerous and should be removed from the market.

If the FDA truly found it to be dangerous, why would they approve our use of it 13 years ago?

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Isn't it non-DSHEA compliant?
That's a current argument, however it is found in nature and in the food supply in the herb listed above in the Lipodrene formula I quoted.

It is not found in citrus aurantium however like many believe.

Again, 13 years ago we were approved for sale of the compound via the FDA. This = DSHEA.

Should they choose to change their minds now, we will fight that decision in court just like we are on DMAA.

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I thought this was going to be about caffeine.
Lulz

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Caffeine can be lethal.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Take 2 asprin and your headache goes away, eat the whole bottle and youl die. Even water can kill uou if you drink too much.

PJLFit

Awards
Pretty sure Dexaprine XR has a few of those. I love it.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Ridiculous IMO. Another great stimulant being banned, and making companies look bad because of it. I've never had any issues using products containing Methylsynephrine

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Even masturbating too much can kill you.

"This source looks less reliable than pulling out" - Reddit.

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I remember when Analyzed Supplements sold this as a standalone. I actually think I still have a bottle someplace.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Ridiculous IMO. Another great stimulant being banned, and making companies look bad because of it. I've never had any issues using products containing Methylsynephrine
Me either. Its dumb in my opinion.

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
image.jpeg

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I remember when Analyzed Supplements sold this as a standalone. I actually think I still have a bottle someplace.
There was a reason it was a one shot deal. Same reason AT2 was reformulated soon after its initial release.

Chefdeez

Chefdeez

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
And for the record, I'm fine with it I was just sharing an article.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Synephrine and methylsynethrine are not the same.
I saw that they were using synephrine after I looked up label.

I do have some SS Methylsynephrine at home, time to sell it online to the people who will buy it just because of this article lmao.