Dad's Corner

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
An incredible difference. I feel bad for kids that don't get this exposure because it makes it so much harder when they get to school.
I agree. I had some friends who sent their kids straight to kindergarten because they were too lazy to get up in the am or didn't think preschool was important (too expensive).

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There's strict rules here about when u can start kindergarten and my daughter misses it by ten days. So she'll be one of the oldest kids in her class. But we still wanted to get her started early with a classroom setting with how quickly she picks stuff uo

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There's strict rules here about when u can start kindergarten and my daughter misses it by ten days. So she'll be one of the oldest kids in her class. But we still wanted to get her started early with a classroom setting with how quickly she picks stuff uo
I was one of those kid. A late birthday baby and did preschool twice.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That is the best of both worlds. She will be getting early development to help her socially and she will be one of the older kids in the class. All teachers around here would prefer that kids come in later. To see the difference in the kids that start early in kindergarten is a big difference academically and end up splitting the classes so the older kids can stay on track and not get bored, but the younger kids tend to need a lot more tutoring and guidance. 6-8 months can be a huge difference in a 5 year old.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I was one of those kid. A late birthday baby and did preschool twice.
That's not necessarily a negative..both of my kids did 2 years of preschool. They both turned out great and excel in pretty much everything they try.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
What's the age for preschool & kindergarten. I have a 3 & almost 2yr old? What's the difference, it's been AWHILE!

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I saw a banner for preschool the other day. 3 days a week for $167 a week. I was like...

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh, I was talking to my brother the other day about preschool for my nephew. He said that it wasn't necessary and it was too expensive. I cursed him out for and said I would pay for it.

Wrivest

Wrivest

Awards
It is extremely expensive and not necessary. Too say so is speaking in solely black n white and not looking at all the variables. Can it be beneficial, or course, but just because a kid doesn't go to preschool doesn't mean your hurting them at all either. I don't know if I'll be able to afford to send my girls, and if I can't, so be it.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It IS expensive, but then again having kids is an expensive endeavor. If you're not prepared for the financial burden now I will tell you you're in trouble. It gets worse as they get older. But in the other side of the coin, having your child going into kindergarten already knowing educational basics very will just help propel them even further as they get older. That step up leads to 2 steps up later, and then 3, so on and so forth.

Wrivest

Wrivest

Awards
I never said it wasn't a good thing. I just hate when people look at parent cross eyed for not sending kids to daycare or preschool like its a death sentence to their social skills. Neither my sister, nor myself went to either. I also know plenty of kids who didn't and are doing very well. It then becomes a question of how good the parents are.
For me, right now, any type of out of home childcare is too expensive while my wife is in school, so just because I'm in a hard place now does not mean I'm screwed later, we have a plan, so again, generalities do not work and are a huge pet peeve of mine.
What works for one, may not work for another, as we are not all the same people

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I never said it wasn't a good thing. I just hate when people look at parent cross eyed for not sending kids to daycare or preschool like its a death sentence to their social skills. Neither my sister, nor myself went to either. I also know plenty of kids who didn't and are doing very well. It then becomes a question of how good the parents are.
For me, right now, any type of out of home childcare is too expensive while my wife is in school, so just because I'm in a hard place now does not mean I'm screwed later, we have a plan, so again, generalities do not work and are a huge pet peeve of mine.
What works for one, may not work for another, as we are not all the same people
Touche my friend.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Got the oldest's first report card. Straight A's!! VERY happy.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Very cool! My daughter who gave me the idea to start this thread turns 2 today! Where does the time go??

Burnfire

Burnfire

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well guys I have til 10/28 til my little boy will be here! I'm so excited!!

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice very man! Do something fun for her.
Definitely, had a party with friends and family over the weekend. Gonna take her out to dinner with the grandparents tonight. And congrats to you on your impending addition!

Burnfire

Burnfire

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nice that's good. Man I can't wait for my boy to get here. I know it will be hard but I'm ready and so is my wife

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice that's good. Man I can't wait for my boy to get here. I know it will be hard but I'm ready and so is my wife
Hardest most rewarding thing you'll ever do!

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Very cool! My daughter who gave me the idea to start this thread turns 2 today! Where does the time go??
Dang, 2 already?!? Soooo crazy how fast time flies!

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I literally can't believe it, lol

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I can't wait to be a mom. :) if I become half the mother my mom is then I'll be a happy mommy. :)

Burnfire

Burnfire

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Got about half way through my workout and found this in my gym shorts pocket

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1443626299.170080.jpg

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Burnfire

Burnfire

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks. I got the gym and was like what the hell is this

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lol! The other day squatting I was feeling a sharp poke in my quad and found a couple legos and hair clips in my pockets.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lol! The other day squatting I was feeling a sharp poke in my quad and found a couple legos and hair clips in my pockets.
hahah

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1445468451.053596.jpg
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1445468475.549819.jpg

Took my little on to the gym for the first time a couple weeks back. It was a special time to say the least.

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
They really do, my two year old is a mime and a parrot, lol. Always repeating us. And she loooooves being active outside which makes me so happy. And she's got a good arm so hopefully softball interests her

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
They really do, my two year old is a mime and a parrot, lol. Always repeating us. And she loooooves being active outside which makes me so happy. And she's got a good arm so hopefully softball interests her
That would be cool. My son said Snoopy for the first time except he said Noopy was just about the cutest damn thing ever

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
keep her away from video games and outside, lol.

Burnfire

Burnfire

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well guys, my wife gave birth today! We had a boy today!

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So my lil one just went pee in her lil toilet for the first time today. Then proceeded to 5 more times throughout the day. She was so proud of her self the first time, got so excited.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Been awhile since anyone's posted in here, how are all the dads doing? Time freaking flies. My lil girl is 3 now, and definitely finding three to be a bit more trying than 2. Anyone else deal with the tantrum 3's?

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Been awhile since anyone's posted in here, how are all the dads doing? Time freaking flies. My lil girl is 3 now, and definitely finding three to be a bit more trying than 2. Anyone else deal with the tantrum 3's?
Ill see your 3, and raise you a 15 year old boy!! Hes in 10th grade and talking to/ dating a senior. Oh yeah, and that while at a school football game, took a chick from the visiting school and got his first piece in a field behind a small restaurant just off school property. Wife now thinks hes " brain washed" to be just like his father before marriage and run through women like an emotional tank. Im nervous for him

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Haha, yea that sounds like it will be fun to navigate. I guess every age has their trials and tribulations!