Cycle structure for the natural trainer!

True Grit

True Grit

Awards
I joined this site for Black Lion Research alone. After reading about every thread on here I decided to start the big 3 stack of Folli, Form, and Viron. Should all be here Monday. I have not done much outside the basic supps and Im pumped up to try this stuff after all the good stuff i hear. Ill get before and afters up so as i figure out how.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I joined this site for Black Lion Research alone. After reading about every thread on here I decided to start the big 3 stack of Folli, Form, and Viron. Should all be here Monday. I have not done much outside the basic supps and Im pumped up to try this stuff after all the good stuff i hear. Ill get before and afters up so as i figure out how.
Get a log going man so we can keep up with ya

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Soon as i figure out how and where i would like to. Any help would be cool.
Forum Tab > Supplement Logs > Start a new Topic

Bam you fill a little info about yourself and the stack and tell us what your goals are. By no means does it have to be that specific but it lets people see what your looking to get out of it and know what they may see to help themselves for future reference

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Super cool brother. Stoked to have you here.
For sure start a log. You can do it in this forum or in the public forum. Either way welcome aboard and we look forward to hearing more from you!

wolfpack893

wolfpack893

Awards
  • Established
Next installment Ill try to post up my current training protocol. I used it to regain 50lbs in about 1.5 years. Granted there is muscle memory. Training is number 1 though so its important.
I know you're a very busy man Brundel but did you post this somewhere and maybe I missed it? Some form of dc training if I remember correctly.

Sandokan

Awards
I know you're a very busy man Brundel but did you post this somewhere and maybe I missed it? Some form of DC training if I remember correctly.
+1
I would know your thoughts about the training system... :)

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have not posted it no.
Ill try to post up my current program later tonight or tomorrow. Feel free to remind me if I forget.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I started to write it out yesterday morning and my GF climbed into the bed unplugging the laptop which then died with like 3 paragraphs of text. Pissed.
Ill try to do it again tomorrow. I dont have time this morn. I will for sure do it though.

koi1214

koi1214

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I started to write it out yesterday morning and my GF climbed into the bed unplugging the laptop which then died with like 3 paragraphs of text. Pissed.
Ill try to do it again tomorrow. I dont have time this morn. I will for sure do it though.
Eta?

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
OK so Im going to need to do this in parts-
Many of the principals and techniques used are unusual.

This is a BULKING program. 12 weeks on then a weeks rest.
You MUST adhere 100% to every part of the program to be successful. Do not deviate.
3 years heavy training min before trying this. Ive seen many people try and fail here because they dont follow the program and start to fall apart.
This is a very demanding program.
Using this and modified versions of this program I gained 100lbs of lean muscle over 10 years. 135-235 lean.

1. Get a log book. This is a non negotiable part of the program. Number 1 tool. Look around at your local gym. See all those guys who you see every day?
How many of them have been in there every day for a decade and look essentially the same? You want to be that guy?
If not you need goals and you need to document progress. Otherwise your just flailing around. If your not beating your book your just beating your meat.

2. Diet is a huge part of the program. 2grams of protein per lb of bodyweight. 6 meals. We cut carbs at night as a general rule. So your last meal or 2 is sans carbs.
1 gal min water per day.

3. Get a gym bag. If your lifting heavy slag weight youll need a few tools.
LOG BOOK
Dip belt
Wrist wraps
lifting straps
Chalk
Gum-nobody likes the guy with *&^hole breath.
Intra training drink
Supps
weight belt
20$(this has saved me a dozen times at least. Lost my headphones. Out of gas. etc
Im sure I forgot a few but you get the point.

This program will bring you to your knees if your not careful. Take the days off as prescribed. You cant just train 5 on 1-2 off and expect to make it.
Youll be a wreck in a week or 2. Trust me on this. At first it feels like its not enough but after a week or 2 it starts to feel like way too much.
Take the days off when prescribed and every 2 weeks or so take 2 days off in a row.
Youll need to sleep enough and not run yourself into the ground.
I can promise you one thing....if you follow exactly the diet and training and get enough rest you will grow. Period. Your strength will become something of legend.
At one point my military press was 365 for reps and I would do rest pause curl sets with the 75s for 18+ reps. You can forge strength on another level doing this program. It just comes as a secondary thing.

Use supplementation. 12 week cycles of training and supps.
Im going to use clips from another site here to save myself 10 years of typing. THis will give you everything you need to get started.
Once we get people on board with this Ill write down my alt program. I switch between the 2. The alt is just a modified version of this so alot of the principals are the same.

---
THIS TEXT WAS ORIGINALLY WRITTEN BY NATE GREEN

DC is centered on the belief that using progressively heavier weights, training with lower overall volume, and hitting each body part more than once a week is the perfect way to stimulate muscle fibers and subsequently build mounds of muscle.

While a typical bodybuilder might train each individual muscle group once per week — 52 times a year — with multiple sets and reps, DC focuses on hitting the same body part at least 50 percent more often, but with only one real work set per training session.

That one set, as you probably guessed, is absolutely brutal.

"The cornerstone of DC training is the rest-pause technique," SM explained. "It's what makes DC so damn hard and effective."

Here's the official DC methodology, which is slightly different from Dr. Clay's version:

Say you're getting ready to do barbell military presses. After a few warm-up sets (there's no specific guideline for this, according to SM; just do what you need to do to get your joints and muscles ready to work), you load the bar with a weight you think you can lift 10 times. Do as many reps as you can with perfect form until technical failure, the point at which you can't do another perfect rep.

Put the weight down and take 10 to 15 deep belly breaths. "The deep breaths help supply the body with oxygen and let you partially recover," SM said.

Pick up the weight and do another set of perfect reps until you once again reach technical failure.

Set it down, take 10 to 15 more breaths, and then bang out a few more perfect reps.

Your goal is to do between 11 and 15 total reps. "If you get 15 or more, you know you'll have to increase the weight the next time you do the exercise," SM explained. And if you get fewer than 11, it means you need to either lower the weight or shoot for more reps the next time.

To make it even more brutal, some advanced guys do one static rep to extend the set. Continuing with the shoulder press example, after you set the weight down for the third time, you'd take 10 to 15 more breaths, pick it up, and then hold it in a "power position" (elbows slightly bent), with the muscles under tension for 30 to 60 seconds. But this is only recommended for advanced guys.

Not every exercise uses the rest-pause technique. "For safety reasons, we don't do it on quads, calves, or back-thickness exercises like deadlifts, rack pulls, or bent-over rows," SM said. They do straight sets for those exercises.

Not every rep range is between 11 and 15. On the Widowmaker, for example, you do an all-out set of 20 reps on the squat with a heavy weight.

Even on rest-pause sets, the reps will end up between 20 and 30 for biceps and triceps exercises, and if you switch to dumbbells over barbells or machines on compound exercises, you'll also increase reps.

The reps may be high, but that doesn't mean any aspect of the training is easy. On DC message boards, a regular theme is the need to work hard enough to elicit a positive response from each rep.

"If guys stopped being pussies in the gym and actually started pushing themselves, they'd see a lot more muscle growth," SM said. "That's why we usually only have one set to complete, technical failure. You have to work hard."

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
DC beginners start off with what's called a two-way split. an ABA, BAB split, which looks like this:
-BRUNDEL-I should mention that I do 2 on 1 off. This way you get the whole body twice in 5 days.

Week One:
Monday — Workout A
Wednesday — Workout B
Friday — Workout A

Week Two:
Monday — Workout B
Wednesday — Workout A
Friday — Workout B

Every "A" workout targets these body parts, in this order:

Chest
Shoulders
Triceps
Back width
Back thickness

The "B" workout hits these muscles, in this order:

Biceps
Forearms
Calves
Hamstrings
Quads

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's the "written in stone" part. "We really hate it when guys start tweaking the program and start moving body parts around," SM told me. "Dante's been doing this for 17 years, and has tried all the variations. I don't know why people think they need to make it better."

I can tell him why: Because it's completely counterintuitive to train big, strong muscles like hamstrings and quads at the end of the B workout, after training smaller muscles like biceps, forearms, and calves.

SM has heard the question about exercise order many times before, and has an answer: "We try to put the hardest exercises last so we don't have to save energy for the rest of the workout if we were to do them first."

When he hears the predictable follow-up to his response — "What the hell does that mean?" — he offers some clarification:

"After doing a straight set of squats, followed by a Widowmaker, the last thing you'd want to do is train more. That's why we put them at the end. So we can wait 15 minutes and then crawl out of the gym."

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Next comes exercise selection — the "open to personal interpretation" part. For each muscle group, you pick three exercises, which must meet two criteria:

• They offer the best results for the effort.

• They offer you the best chance to significantly increase the amount of weight you lift, over time.

So a military press is a good choice for training shoulders in Workout A, since you can progress from 100 to 200 pounds. But a lateral raise is a bad choice, since you can only increase in smaller increments — from 25 to 50 pounds, say. In either case you'd be doubling your strength on that exercise, but the focus is on the raw numbers rather than percentage increases. (That'll make more sense when you read the next section, in which SM explains Doggcrapp's approach to progression and periodization.)

These are considered the best exercises for each body part:

Chest:

Incline press (barbell, Smith machine, dumbbells)
Decline press (barbell, Smith machine, dumbbells)
Chest machine (Hammer Strength, Cybex, Nautilus, etc.)
Dip (wide grip, if shoulder health allows it)

The barbell press on a flat bench is shunned, although it's fine to use dumbbells. If you really can't resist the urge, Trudel recommends benching like a powerlifter, with your elbows tucked.

Shoulders:

Military press (standing or seated, using a barbell or Smith machine)
Dumbbell press
Machine press

Triceps:

Wide reverse-grip Smith machine press
Close-grip press (barbell or Smith machine)
Dip

Back width:

Pull-up or chin-up
Lat pulldown (wide, close, reverse, neutral)
Pulldown machine

Back thickness:

Deadlift
Barbell bent-over row (overhand or underhand)
Hammer Strength row (this is the only back thickness exercise on which you're encouraged to use the rest-pause technique)

Biceps:

Barbell standing curl
Dumbbell alternating curl
Cable curl (any bar attachment)

Forearms:

Hammer curl
Pinwheel curl (a diagonal hammer curl, in which you bring the weight to your chest)
Barbell reverse curl
Forearm exercises use straight sets exclusively.

Calves:

Doggpounders train calves with one straight set, 10 to 12 reps. Sound easy? It totally isn't. On each rep, you do a five-second negative, hold in the fully stretched position at the bottom for 15 seconds, and then do an explosive concentric, coming all the way up on your toes. According to SM, calves are one of the most intense and painful body parts to work.

Standing calf raise
Seated calf raise
Donkey calf raise

Hamstrings:

Leg curl
Romanian or stiff-legged deadlift
Glute-ham raise

Quads:

All quadriceps exercises are done with one straight set of four to eight reps, followed by as much rest as you need, and then a Widowmaker — 20 reps — of the same exercise.

Back squat
Front squat
Leg press

Once you've chosen your three exercises for each body part, you slot them into Workout A or B, and then rotate through them. (You'll find a complete sample workout at the end of this article.)

So the first time you do A, you'll use your first selection of each exercise. Next time, you'll use your second selection, and the third time you'll use your third selection. Thus, you do six different workouts — three each of A and B — in the first two weeks, then repeat those workouts in weeks three and four.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Interestingly, Doggcrapp followers are agnostic when it comes to exercise equipment. They'll train with barbells, dumbbells, cables, Hammer Strength machines, and even the widely condemned Smith machine.

"You're going to run out of free-weight compound exercises pretty fast," SM explained. "Besides, machines allow you to get into different mechanical positions and grips. It's not a last resort. It's a regular part of the program."

I asked SM how often should you change exercises. The answer is pretty straightforward: "As soon as you're no longer adding weight to the bar, or if your progress has significantly dropped off, then you know it's time to switch the exercise up."

According to Trudel, one of the worst things you can do is to change exercises while still gaining strength on your current program. The idea is to squeeze everything you can out of each exercise you do. Once you've topped out, try something else ... and squeeze the hell out of that one, too.

"You can always come back to the original exercise after a few more cycles," SM told me. "You'll actually be surprised at how much more weight you can handle when you get back to it."

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Doggcrapp, unlike HIT and some other all-or-nothing training philosophies, includes regular cardio. Trudel recommends that most guys start off with three to four 30-minute sessions of low-intensity cardio on non-training days.

"We usually do it before breakfast so we use fat instead of glycogen for energy," SM said.

What about high-intensity interval training, or martial arts, or sports in general?

"If you think you can do HIIT or MMA, or even play flag football on the weekends, then you're out of your mind," SM explained. "The training is just way too intense to be able to do any of that on your off-days."

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So far, what I've described seems like a complete training program. You've got wipeout-intensity strength training, with low-intensity cardio on your non-training days. What else could there be?

Stretching. And not the kind that feels good, or that you do to improve mobility or function. They call it "extreme" stretching, the goal of which is to expand the fascia surrounding the muscle bellies, allowing the muscle to grow bigger than it otherwise would.

"Dante got it from John Parrillo back in the '80s," SM said. "There was a particular study done on birds that showed after they stretched a muscle and did a biopsy on the wing, it had a significant increase in muscle fibers and size."

Whether you agree with the theory or not — the study cited was from the mid-1990s, and involved birds that didn't need to fly after the researchers finished stretching their wing muscles — it's an integral part of the DC program and not taken lightly. In fact, the stretches are usually done with added weight. A stretch for your chest, for example, may involve holding some relatively heavy dumbbells in the bottom position of a flat dumbbell flye.

"You have to try and hold each stretch for 60 to 90 seconds, although most people can only handle 30 seconds or so at first," SM explained. "It's hell."

LOGBOOK

Walk into any gym and you'll see two types of people who carry logbooks around: absolute beginners, and really advanced guys.

Unfortunately, most of us fall right into that middle area.

"The logbook is the whole program," SM told me. "How the hell are you supposed to progress if you don't even know what you lifted two weeks ago?"

That's why every single DC training session — from the actual working sets to the stretches — is meticulously documented.

"With my methods, you're held accountable for today's workouts versus the last time you did the exact same workout," Trudel explained in an interview a few years ago. "My trainees look back on their logbooks and find out that they are sometimes lifting 50 to 200 pounds heavier on those exercises months later. What does that equal? Adaptation and rapid muscle-mass accumulation."

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In a blast phase, DC trainees usually consume 2 grams of protein per pound of body weight, spread evenly over six meals. So a 180-pound guy will take in a whopping 360 grams of protein per day, or 60 grams per meal. That's the equivalent of an 8-ounce sirloin steak with all the fat trimmed off, or 3 scoops of Low-Carb Metabolic Drive.

"Most of the guys have a certain time of the day where they completely cut out carbs," SM said. "It's usually four to six hours before they go to bed, so their last few meals are pretty much exclusively protein and some veggies."

The only caveat to that is if you train at night; you should always have a post-workout shake.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I put together this sample DC workout, with SM's guidance, to show you how the system fits together. As explained earlier, you select three different exercises for each muscle group, and do one of them per workout. So in each blast phase you'll have three different A and B workouts, which take two weeks to complete. After two weeks, you repeat the cycle, adding weight and/or reps with each exercise.

Quick notes:

• Do one to three warm-up sets before every exercise. Don't skip warm-ups entirely, for any exercise.
BRUNDEL- dont waste energy on warm ups. Do them for sure yes but dont do 10+ reps. This is stupid. Why do 10 reps with 135 when you can do 10 with 315. Its just a waste of energy. I do 3-4 warm ups but I only perform 3 reps with each weight until my "work weight".

• Every rep should consist of a controlled eccentric (lowering) and a rapid concentric (lifting).

• Rest as long as you need to between sets.

The following charts use three definitions specific to Doggcrapp:

RP — rest-pause
SS — straight sets
WM — Widowmaker

Remember that A workouts hit chest, shoulders, triceps, back width, and back thickness, in that order. B workouts train biceps, forearms, calves, hamstrings, and quads.

WEEK 1

Workout A1
Exercise Sets Reps
Barbell incline bench press 1 11-15 RP
Dumbbell seated military press 1 15-30 RP
Dip 1 15-20 RP
Wide-grip lat pulldown 1 15-20 RP
Deadlift 2 5-8 or 9-12 SS

Workout B1
Exercise Sets Reps
Barbell curl 1 20-30 RP
Hammer curl 1 11-20 SS
Standing calf raise 1 10-12 SS*
Glute-ham raise 1 15-20 RP
Leg press 2 4-8 SS +WM

* Explode to the top, perform a 5-second negative, and then stretch at the bottom for 15 seconds on every rep.

Workout A2
Exercise Sets Reps
Dumbbell flat bench press 1 20-30 RP
Barbell seated military press 1 11-15 RP
Close-grip bench press 1 11-15 RP
Hammer Strength pulldown machine 1 15-20 RP
Barbell bent-over row 1 10-12 SS

WEEK 2

Workout B2
Exercise Sets Reps
Preacher curl 1 20-30 RP
Barbell reverse curl 1 11-20 SS
Leg-press calf raise 1 10-12 SS
Lying leg curl 1 15-20 RP
Back squat 2 4-8 SS + WM

Workout A3
Exercise Sets Reps
Hammer Strength flat bench press 1 11-15 RP
Smith machine seated military press 1 11-15 RP
EZ-bar skull crusher 1 15-30 RP
Close-grip chin-up 1 15-20 RP
T-bar row 1 10-12 SS

Workout B3
Exercise Sets Reps
Dumbbell curl 1 20-30 RP
Pinwheel curl 1 11-20 SS
Seated calf raise 1 10-12 SS
Machine hack squat 2 6-10 SS + WM
Barbell Romanian deadlift* 1 10-15 SS

* The only time you train hamstrings after quads is when you do Romanian and stiff-legged deadlift variations. They only appear in workouts with leg presses or machine hack squats, so you avoid stressing your lower-back stabilizers after they've already been challenged with exercises like front or back squats.

Two cautionary notes:

• Several weeks into your first blast phase, you may feel more run-down than usual. Feel free to take off a Friday workout, use the long weekend to recover, and start fresh on Monday.

• If you're over 35, you may want to go for more reps with somewhat lighter weights on the rest-pause sets. So you'd shoot for 15 to 20 total reps, rather than 11 to 15.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Now what owner goes out his way to write all that? Goes to show you what a stand up guy he is. Much respect Brundel.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is a standard DC program. If you adhere to it, it will open up a whole new world.
Its different so its like a fresh approach which tends to inspire people. When I started this program I gained alot of steam because I had been training in a more traditional manner for years and was stagnant. The new way of training and having goals to beat everyday really helped.

Next Ill write down my alt program.

I dont just do DC 365. I switch between 2 and it keeps things fresh.

daft205

daft205

Awards
  • Established
Excellent write up! I've dabbled in dc before so I've read a bit of that previously but still a nice concise layout you've put together- really appreciate all the work.
If you wouldn't mind sharing further, any other personal diet and supplement protocols as adjuncts to the aforementioned program(for an ecto specifically)?

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Im an ecto. I certainly can help but the one thing is youll have to believe me.

I started at 135lbs. I know how to grow an ecto body.
#1....FOOD. If you think your eating enough...your not. If your 178 presently my suggestion is to eat clean but for a 200lb guy.
So 400grams of protein per day. Moderate carbs and med to high fats. Keep carbs to earlier in the day and also structured around training.

If you start to get chubby increase cardio on non training days.
No carbs for the last meal or 2.
I do PRO/FAT/CARB for breakfast/ Then pro fat, pro carb, pro carb, pro fat, pro fat.

Bottom line my friend....Bodybuilding is done at the dinner table..period.

Write down what you eat every day for a week. Dont skimp or change anything just do exactly normal.
For most meals you can add a couple scoops of peanut butter or a cup of eggwhites. (I drink em.) you can also get egg white protein but its sort of expensive.
The point is to add in extra cals in meals you already eat. You can even use macadamia nut oil or olive oil. Olive oil can give you the ****s though.
When I increase cals I do the peanut butter or egg whites depending on the meal. Start by adding 500 cals per week until your eating enough for a 200lb guy.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
coconut oil is some amazing stuff.
I cook in it, eat it raw, drink the milk..hell I even feed it to my dog.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Almond butter is great. But much pricier than pb

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yo bro did you try the cashew butter??We made 1/2 cashew & 1/2 pistachio Sunday and it taste awesome.
Damn bro I freaking forgot lol. Thanx for the reminder. Ohhh that sounds good. This week I will for sure.

squirtguns89

Awards
  • Established
This is a standard DC program. If you adhere to it, it will open up a whole new world.
Its different so its like a fresh approach which tends to inspire people. When I started this program I gained alot of steam because I had been training in a more traditional manner for years and was stagnant. The new way of training and having goals to beat everyday really helped.

Next Ill write down my alt program.

I dont just do DC 365. I switch between 2 and it keeps things fresh.
unofficial review. but 2 1/2 weeks in on my follidrone/ostarine run.

things to note, i remember getting slight lethargy on my last osta run. 1. i havent been on it long enough to tell if its just not set in. 2. there is a possibility other factors came into play that last time. but i will say one things for sure, im eating a lot less on this ostarine run. majority of my carbs come 1-2 hours pre workout, and im going to be throwing in a couple 16hr fasts a week. down 7lbs so far and only cause i ate a schit ton on the superbowl.

what i have noticed is increased endurance in the gym. i can only assume its the follidrone as it is the only difference between running osta solo last time in which it didnt give me that, aside from even less food. i may not have as much gas as with a cal surplus but more than enough to push through a sweat dripping workout and my strength numbers/endurance is holding steady. i actually tweaked my shoulder a few weeks back and managed to get back up to those numbers during my cut. im really hesitant to say i like natural products, but i cant deny the workouts im having. although i do contribute some of the strength maintenance to osta, follidrone seems to be playing a vital role. i also dont recall having strength benefits during the first 2 weeks of osta last time. so the follidrone could be playing in more than i realize.

on another note you said you prefer to run DC 2 on 1 off brundel? id much prefer that as i like going to the gym and thinking about trying it out. you ever update with your modified version anywhere? whats the pros and cons as far as goals (strength/cutting) with dc and your modded dc?

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Glad you like the Follidrone brother. (-)-epicatechin is a great ingredient and works so well for so many things its hard to believe it was undiscovered for so long.
Good we have it now though :) Its HIGHLY unusual to gain strength during a cut so....its almost certainly the Follidrone.

I recommend 2 on 1 off yes. SOmetimes I do 3 or more days straight but Im a seasoned DC vet and know my body well.
When starting out adhere STRICTLY to the program.
DC as outlined previously is probably the best bulking program Ive every used. I gained 70lbs of lean muscle with DC.
Its very solid. But you need to take breaks from it and when it comes time to cut I normally go to a modified version.

Basically it is 1-2 bodyparts max per session but I still use the 1 set per exercise method. I may do 2-3 exercises but only 1 set.

I look at it like this...
If you can press 235 for 10 for example, whats the point of doing 10 with 130 and 185? None. It just saps your energy that should be used for the 235.
So...2-3 reps on warm ups only and then Rest pause and drop sets and 21s and super sets for the work set. But I NEVER waste energy on warmups.
Ive tested this. If I waste my energy on warm ups like most do my top end rep range and even weight drops significantly. Ultimately this means my whole training program suffers because I could be doing my top end for 10-5-3 reps when if instead I burned my energy stores and strength I get 6. or less weight entirely.

squirtguns89

Awards
  • Established
yeah i cant argue its been beneficial im glad i saved this for my cut its been a perfect addition considering how lagged you normally feel when cutting. and yeah i get what youre saying, makes sense, basically your modified dc is just shortening things up a bit to let your body rest/recover some before pumping back up the volume (exercises in this case) with typical dc. how long do you usually stay on your modified version? essentially youre just hitting body parts less frequently but using the same selection and same # of exercises as dc im assuming just with less per workout? or do you just stick to your main/preferred lifts while maintaining?

i remember reading part of this back when you posted it and have already applied the shortened warm up set method, cannot argue with that benefit alone regardless of what training program people use. appreciate the input.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The modified version is more like this-

back and bi
chest and tri
shoulders and hams
quads and arms
calves and abs are alternated so each twice a week.

For example back and bi-
Assisted pull ups- 1 set Rest paused (RP) 10-5-3
close grip pull downs RP + drop set
cable rows RP + drop set
Rack deads Straight sets only 2x 8 to 10 reps
Barbell curls. 21s
Dumbell curls. RP+DS
Rope curls x 20 reps

Youll notice that volume goes WAY up but I still only perform 1 set per exercise for the most part. So it looks like alot but its really only 8 sets total.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 11
Anabolics 19
Weight Loss 4
Anabolics 10
rocckky Anabolics 0