Also will be doing a full body compound workout 3 days a week with 2 low

intensity cardio days between.

lets kick this **** off!

DAY 1 today, will update you post feed!

xigotmailx

xigotmailx

Awards
  • Established
Dam just like me that fat just sits there at the bottom of the stomach, it's a real bitch but keep on working bro. Your doing awesome so far! I'm also doing IF to recomp the bod, been maintaining around 180 for the past couple weeks. Remember to just stick to it you've made excellent progress

EDIT:
DEM TRAPSSS!!

jpblann

jpblann

Awards
Dam just like me that fat just sits there at the bottom of the stomach, it's a real bitch but keep on working bro. Your doing awesome so far! I'm also doing IF to recomp the bod, been maintaining around 180 for the past couple weeks. Remember to just stick to it you've made excellent progress

EDIT:
DEM TRAPSSS!!
Tell me about it man! Ill get there. Hoping to make some solid progress over the next 2 months.. Might give alphamine a run and see how it goes! Cheers for the traps comment haha arms lacking but will work on that after my cut.

jpblann

jpblann

Awards
have dropped another LB since last week.

Heres a run down of my diet if anyones watching!

breakfast -
4 egg scrambled – 280/24/1/20

Meal 2/pre workout
3 Weetbix w/milk – 400/22.6/70/1

Meal 3/Post workout
3 Weetbix w/milk – 400/22.6/70/1

Meal 4 -
shake - 130/28/1/1
400ml milk – 172/23/19/1

Dinner -
chicken or meat – 250/50/0/10
Veges – 20/0/0/0

Thinking of running a 6 week hdrol cutting cycle.
Have spent the last year researching and feel ready to give it a run. Will be as follows

HDROL - 50/75/75/75/75/100
Cycle assist throughout
nolva at 20/20/10/10 for pct along with creatine, daa

obvious staples will stick - fishoil, multi, bcaas etc.

Anyone recomend a good fatburner to run along this without worrying about BP issues?

EDIT: will up my cal to 2000 if going on hdrol, hopefully make some slight gains while leaning up!

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wouldn't touch a fat burner with this being your first cycle. Keep calories at maintenance and u will lose plenty of fat while gaining muscle and have a nice recomp. Bundle ur carbs around ur workouts, keep protein high, low fats on carb up days and moderate fats/low carb on non training days and u should be good to go brother.

jpblann

jpblann

Awards
I wouldn't touch a fat burner with this being your first cycle. Keep calories at maintenance and u will lose plenty of fat while gaining muscle and have a nice recomp. Bundle ur carbs around ur workouts, keep protein high, low fats on carb up days and moderate fats/low carb on non training days and u should be good to go brother.
wicked, I will avoid them for the cycle and think about bringing one in AFTER pct. Have been bunching my carbs around workout times so far but might add to that to get my cals up to maintenance.

thanks for the info mate!

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Np. Don't want any BP problems on a first cycle. ;)

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nice progress buddy. Keep it up your on the right track

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Have fun brother. Any questions just ask. More then willing to lend a hand.

jpblann

jpblann

Awards
Have fun brother. Any questions just ask. More then willing to lend a hand.
cheers mate I will do, the only help I need at the moment is getting it through customs and then I'll be away. Have some sdrol that's been sitting here for almost a year but haven't planned on going near that untill i've run some more mild cycles and at a low enough bf to make it worth while - hoping I don't have to resort to it due to customs hating on the gains haha

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good luck. Also good idea holding off on the SD. Slow and steady wins the race bud.

jpblann

jpblann

Awards
just had a quick question if anyones reading.

I've read a few threads on it but just need some clarification.
Would eating say 50-70gm carbs around 6pm for dinner really effect fatloss that much? all macros etc in place and still eating in a deficit so didn't think it should effect anything much (seeing at people on IF eat all of there food late in the afternoon!)

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's supposedly bro science not to eat carbs after 6. On that note if I eat many after 6 or 7 I feel bloated the next day. So what I do is take Slinshot before my last carb meal at 6 then another before bed to maximize nutrient uptake during the night and I wake up feeling really lean and tight. So you might just need to experiment some to see what works for you and try out a GDA.

jpblann

jpblann

Awards
It's supposedly bro science not to eat carbs after 6. On that note if I eat many after 6 or 7 I feel bloated the next day. So what I do is take Slinshot before my last carb meal at 6 then another before bed to maximize nutrient uptake during the night and I wake up feeling really lean and tight. So you might just need to experiment some to see what works for you and try out a GDA.
awesome, thanks for that man! Reason I'm asking is I started my hdrol cycle 2 weeks ago (Started 3rd week today) and my weight has shot up 2.7kg (6ish pounds) since I've started. I don't feel like its fat due to my stomach looking and feeling sas tight as it did before cycle. Water intake is up, diet is on point (Shown below) and I've been training almost twice as hard as before. Maybe glycogen? was just worried due to no sides at all other than huge strength gains and the fact it "doesn't kick in till late week 2/week 3".

... Maybe I'm just responding well!

Diet I'm currently on is below.

Breakfast – 457/43/56/11.5
2 Eggs
400ml Milk
2 pc wholegrain toast

Shake – 302/51/20/2

Pr.W.O – 297/18.7/49.5/1

4 weetbix w/milk

Lunch/Po.W.O – 600 (give or take 30 cal)
1 of the alternate meals below

Shake – 302/51/20/2

Dinner – 600 (give or take 30 cal)

1 of the alternate meals below

Snack – 200
Almonds

Alternate meals

Chicken/rice/veges
150gm chicken – 248/46.5/0/6
Brown rice – 344/7/72.5/2.5
Brocoli – 12/0/3/0

Chicken/pasta
150gm chicken – 248/46.5/0/6
Pasta – 371/13/75/2

Spaghetti bolognaise
200gm mince – 272/43/0/11
Spaghetti – 371/13/75/2

Might need to up calories next week depending on how I go this week!

S

smiththrs

Awards
Awesome! Keep at it, you definitely look like you know what your doing!

That being said I think it would be a good idea to cut the superdrol out, it is going to mess with hormones in your pancreas namely increase alpha glucagen cells, In my opinion you should try and hold out until you have more fat loss.

jpblann

jpblann

Awards
thanks for the support bros!

Haven't been following my weight, more focusing on the mirror and measurements. Will post all measurements with the photos post cycle for everyone to judge.

So far my strength is through the roof. Bench is up 35lb, squat up 40lb, all other movements also going up but in saying that I tend to look more for muscle squeeze rather than moving heavy weight for the sake of it so I probably won't have anymore details on other lifts.

Haven't had any real sides at all, had a couple of headaches and a few broken sleeps in week 2 but sinces then the only noticable sides have been the pumps - forearms/back more than anything - might look at running 100mg as of next week.

Sorry about the lack of updates, only really get a chance to get on here at work and have been flat out the last couple of weeks.

Awesome! Keep at it, you definitely look like you know what your doing!

That being said I think it would be a good idea to cut the superdrol out, it is going to mess with hormones in your pancreas namely increase alpha glucagen cells, In my opinion you should try and hold out until you have more fat loss.
Yeh man I will be saving that for the end of the year if not early next year, need to get to a good size first so I can see what I need to work on before I run it.

jpblann

jpblann

Awards
Holy sh1t.

Have had trouble directly hitting my traps up untill today. they have been growing but not as well as I would like.

I had been doing shrugs standing upright and feeling it more in my neck than anything, which was sh1t, but last night I was watching dorian yates blood and guts and saw him training them leaning slightly forward and squeezing the top of his shoulder blades together - holy sh1t, doing this with no weight feels 10 times better than standard shrugs, let alone with weight! Gonna try hit these twice a week for the rest of the cycle to see how they develop.

thankyou mr yates!

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
Holy sh1t.

Have had trouble directly hitting my traps up untill today. they have been growing but not as well as I would like.

I had been doing shrugs standing upright and feeling it more in my neck than anything, which was sh1t, but last night I was watching dorian yates blood and guts and saw him training them leaning slightly forward and squeezing the top of his shoulder blades together - holy sh1t, doing this with no weight feels 10 times better than standard shrugs, let alone with weight! Gonna try hit these twice a week for the rest of the cycle to see how they develop.

thankyou mr yates!
Might have to give that a shot, who doesn't want bigger traps lol

jpblann

jpblann

Awards
Might have to give that a shot, who doesn't want bigger traps lol
highly recomended bro!
should be able to find his shoulder training from the dvd on youtube.

On another note, SMAAASHED tri's today. Triple superset (giant set) absolutely dominated. Loving the intensity on the droool

xigotmailx

xigotmailx

Awards
  • Established
I found that letting my traps hang at the bottom and stretching them hard for a second or two before the next rep has given me great progress. That and good ROM has equalled success. Do what makes you feel it at the top, but give the stretch at the bottom a try for me, see how you like it

jpblann

jpblann

Awards
I found that letting my traps hang at the bottom and stretching them hard for a second or two before the next rep has given me great progress. That and good ROM has equalled success. Do what makes you feel it at the top, but give the stretch at the bottom a try for me, see how you like it
Thanks for that man, Ill give it a try when I next hit them and let you know how I go, I find stretching other bodyparts like that tends to get the blood flowing!

jpblann

jpblann

Awards
hit chest and shoulders today. got the best/only shoulder pump I've ever had today, think it may be due to them being warmed up from chest!

also xigotmailx - I tried those shrugs with the downward stretch and they were next level! thanks for the heads up

will post up some comparison pics tonight, still have 2 and a half weeks left but noticing a strong recomp effect going on, especially in my back,

watch this space

xigotmailx

xigotmailx

Awards
  • Established
Awesome! I'm glad the advice I gave worked out for you. For myself I've noticed that it's giving a good amount of height and thickness to my traps. Keeps them looking good from the front and the back.

How has your strength been on IF while cutting? I've been doing IF for 4 months now, pretty good for the fat loss and i'm mostly maintaining my weight right now and the strength still continues to grow every workout it seems

jpblann

jpblann

Awards
Awesome! I'm glad the advice I gave worked out for you. For myself I've noticed that it's giving a good amount of height and thickness to my traps. Keeps them looking good from the front and the back.

How has your strength been on IF while cutting? I've been doing IF for 4 months now, pretty good for the fat loss and i'm mostly maintaining my weight right now and the strength still continues to grow every workout it seems
Yeh man the pump after the workout was insane compared with what they would usually look like! Also feel like if I squeeze them enough I would be able to make them cramp which seems to be a good sign for me haha.

I stopped IF when I started the cycle man, wanted to make the most of it and couldnt find to many logs of people doing HDROL on IF.

Have just been eating 2300-2400 cal and clean.

Will chuck some pics up tonight but I got a bf test and stuff today and below are the results!

87kg ---> 90kg
20% ---> 17%
70kg LBM ---> 75kg LBM
Arms 14.9" ---> 16.3"
Waist 32" --- 30.5"

will get shoulder and chest tonight!

Stoker with the results, still 2 and a half weeks left. YEEEEH BOOOIIII

jpblann

jpblann

Awards
current progress pics. nearly a month in!
noticing a bit of size in my arms/shoulders/lats. also my chest but hard to see in the photo due to BF!

comp1v.jpg

comp2v.jpg

datarm.jpg

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Big changes! Keep hitting it hard brother!

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nice work homie. Keep it up

jpblann

jpblann

Awards
Anyone got any ideas of my bf? Don't trust calipers and the trainer taking the measurments haha

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
Anyone got any ideas of my bf? Don't trust calipers and the trainer taking the measurments haha
What does the trainer reckon you are BF wise??
I'd have to say around 20% but that's simply a guess.

jpblann

jpblann

Awards
What does the trainer reckon you are BF wise??
I'd have to say around 20% but that's simply a guess.
he measured 17% with calipers. I think its because I hold a LOT of fat in my front and am a lot leaner on my back!

I thought about 20 as well man

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
he measured 17% with calipers. I think its because I hold a LOT of fat in my front and am a lot leaner on my back!

I thought about 20 as well man
What sites did he use to test?

jpblann

jpblann

Awards
What sites did he use to test?
if i remember correctly it was shoulder blade, chest, love handle, tri, quad, stomach?

maybe not remembering them all and maybe didn't do the front of the stomach haha. was tired as fuuuuuq first thing in the morning!

xigotmailx

xigotmailx

Awards
  • Established
I'd say 18-22 just because it's nice to have a broad generalization "for me at least" Say i'm 18 to be "cool" tell myself i'm 22 cause I gotta keep working. My bs calipers tell me 8.4%, I always add at least 4-6% on those dumb things. Just did traps today, db's have such better ROM for me, but can't argue with the amount of weight when using a barbell. Also for the traps, try out straps if you don't. Never been feeling it so much, you don't have to worry about grip strength just pulling them bitches up!

jpblann

jpblann

Awards
I'd say 18-22 just because it's nice to have a broad generalization "for me at least" Say i'm 18 to be "cool" tell myself i'm 22 cause I gotta keep working. My bs calipers tell me 8.4%, I always add at least 4-6% on those dumb things. Just did traps today, db's have such better ROM for me, but can't argue with the amount of weight when using a barbell. Also for the traps, try out straps if you don't. Never been feeling it so much, you don't have to worry about grip strength just pulling them bitches up!
sorry for the delay man, yeh that is a good way to look at it!

I have decided to compete in september next year. As I have just finished my HDROL cycle I am going to finish PCT then continue training with maintenance/above calories for another 2 months then do a slow cut for 8 weeks and hopefully get to <15% bf then continue to bulk for another 9 months.

I am coming up to a year of training so I will get the one year progress pics up for everyone to see!

Lastly, I am extremely happy with my hdrol results. I am noticing a big difference in almost all areas of my body and am up from 86.6 to 92kg with BF looking the same if not lower. Will get pics up next week!

yeah buddy