sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
We had mentioned several months ago that we were going to be doing a Curcumin product and have had people asking for updates so I wanted to update everyone.

We had a product ready to go into production (labels made and everything) and it was going to feature more than 1 branded type of Curcumin and then one of the branded ingredient companies decided that their Curcumin was too good to be used in a product with other branded ingredients from a competitor (They had originally agreed and been all for the idea). Huge hassle, waste of time, loss of label money, etc. I think they were basically hoping that we were going to use theirs and not their competitors but it worked out the opposite and we won't be using theirs.

So that's the reason for the delay but it brings us to an interesting question that I would love to get everyone's opinion on.

I'll go ahead and state that we definitely want to include Sabinsa's C3 Curcumin in the product so I would love to hear people's opinions and suggestions as to if there are any other branded versions or different types of Curcumin that they would like to see included with it.

I look forward to hearing everyone's thoughts.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I am tired and about to go pass out but commenting to get updated when more info comes (or I'll have suggestions when I am more awake).

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I prefer C3, I know a few on the board like theracumin as well though.

My current one uses C3 @95% with a total of 1,102g curcuminods (bioprine as well).

Is SNS going to be turmeric only or other anti-inflammatories?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I prefer C3, I know a few on the board like theracumin as well though.

My current one uses C3 @95% with a total of 1,102g curcuminods (bioprine as well).

Is SNS going to be turmeric only or other anti-inflammatories?
There are 2 product concepts being worked on - one is a curcumin product and the other is an anti-inflammatory that will contain Curcumin. The formula for that one is already done though. For the Curcumin, just want to see what other people want it in. It will definitely have C3 in it.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I am tired and about to go pass out but commenting to get updated when more info comes (or I'll have suggestions when I am more awake).
Thanks. I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
C3 & theracumin is my first thought for an all inclusive turmeric product. Preferably with a fat instead of bioprine- just a personal opinion.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
C3 & theracumin is my first thought for an all inclusive turmeric product. Preferably with a fat instead of bioprine- just a personal opinion.
Thanks. If by fat you mean some type of soft gel, that wouldn't be feasible because the moq for custom soft gels is very high and can have space limitations.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Can turmeric essential oil be added? I know it is used in a tableted product that I have used with success. I do like having some whole turmeric if the essential oil is not used. I do believe that you utilize the curcumin concentrate/extract better with some of the whole herb/root present.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
sabinsa c3 complex looks pretty awesome .. only 2 things i can think of is theracurmin or bioprine (small dose in btwn maybe 5-10mg)

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I would personally like to see CurQfen in the product. Free curcuminoids seems to be the most active component we are looking for after curcumin supplementation and this material provides the highest levels of free curcuminoids in the blood when compared to a generic 95% curcumin extract. The galactomannans from fenugreek form a gel like structure that protect the curcumin from intestinal conjugation while also sticking to the epithelial cells to assist with absorption. Animal data also shows improved uptake of the free curcuminoids from this material into key areas like the brain, heart, liver, and spleen. The effective dosage range is between 500-1,000mg of this material daily. Another additive that may be worth exploring is turmerones. They seem to complement curcuminoids in their ability to regulation inflammation and they can further assist the absorption of curcuminoids by impacting P-glycoprotein (P-gp) activities in the intestines. I linked studies below:

CurQfen:

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S1756464615000535

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S1756464616000426

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6174784/

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30889454/

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/27043120/

Turmerones:

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/9215873/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3282471/

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I've honestly had decent success with a few different sources of curcumin. I know everyone seems to have favorites, but I've liked Meriva, Theracumin and even just more standard Curcumin with Bioperine (but tended to dose this a bit higher).

I like Lou's suggestions with the possibility of some Turmerones and I actually hadn't read up on Curqfen (man it feels like a new curcumin pops up constantly).

I think it is important to try and strike a balance between an effective form and the price constraints.

My question would be is there some inherent benefit to having more than one form over just one that has high bioavailability?

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I like Lou's suggestions with the possibility of some Turmerones and I actually hadn't read up on Curqfen (man it feels like a new curcumin pops up constantly).
Curcleve is another new one. I think it’s essentially Longvida + Astragin

Edit: I’m mistaken. Curcleve is just the name of a product that contains Longvida + Astragin. Not a new merger or something between
Verdue Science (Longvida) and Nuliv (Astragin). I quickly read a press release incorrectly.

Last edited:
aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
May make sense to throw Astragin as well into the product if it doesn’t send the cost up too much.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Can turmeric essential oil be added? I know it is used in a tableted product that I have used with success. I do like having some whole turmeric if the essential oil is not used. I do believe that you utilize the curcumin concentrate/extract better with some of the whole herb/root present.
I'm not sure on the essential oil bc I'm not sure if it would cause issues with the capsules. That's something I can check on.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
sabinsa c3 complex looks pretty awesome .. only 2 things i can think of is theracurmin or bioprine (small dose in btwn maybe 5-10mg)
We will have Bioperine in there with the C3 Curcumin for sure.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Curcleve is another new one. I think it’s essentially Longvida + Astragin

Edit: I’m mistaken. Curcleve is just the name of a product that contains Longvida + Astragin. Not a new merger or something between
Verdue Science (Longvida) and Nuliv (Astragin). I quickly read a press release incorrectly.
Longvida is one of the most expensive forms available and when talked to them about a year ago they also wouldn't allow their ingredient to be mixed with any other curcumin ingredients from competing branded ingredient companies.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
May make sense to throw Astragin as well into the product if it doesn’t send the cost up too much.
The original formulation for ours has AstraGin in it so I'm pretty sure we will keep it in the updated version.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I've honestly had decent success with a few different sources of curcumin. I know everyone seems to have favorites, but I've liked Meriva, Theracumin and even just more standard Curcumin with Bioperine (but tended to dose this a bit higher).

I think it is important to try and strike a balance between an effective form and the price constraints.

My question would be is there some inherent benefit to having more than one form over just one that has high bioavailability?
I know we will use C3 Curcumin.
Theracumin I'm interested in.

I'm definitely interested in checking into Lou's suggestions of some turmerones and Curqfen.

I agree about the balance between effective and price constraints. We want to make the absolute best available for the money but don't want to price it out of most people's price range.

There may or may not be a benefit of having more than one type. I theory, the whole competing branded versions of Curcumin's come down to absorption and different ones use different things to increase theirs that make them feel theirs is the best. And what it probably is is that one type may work better for one where another may work better for another. So by using more than one version/type, you hit it from different directions.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I would personally like to see CurQfen in the product. Free curcuminoids seems to be the most active component we are looking for after curcumin supplementation and this material provides the highest levels of free curcuminoids in the blood when compared to a generic 95% curcumin extract. The galactomannans from fenugreek form a gel like structure that protect the curcumin from intestinal conjugation while also sticking to the epithelial cells to assist with absorption. Animal data also shows improved uptake of the free curcuminoids from this material into key areas like the brain, heart, liver, and spleen. The effective dosage range is between 500-1,000mg of this material daily. Another additive that may be worth exploring is turmerones. They seem to complement curcuminoids in their ability to regulation inflammation and they can further assist the absorption of curcuminoids by impacting P-glycoprotein (P-gp) activities in the intestines. I linked studies below:

CurQfen:

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S1756464615000535

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S1756464616000426

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6174784/

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30889454/

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/27043120/

Turmerones:

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/9215873/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3282471/
Thank you so much for replying in the thread. Your level of knowledge on this subject is tremendous and very appreciated.

I will send an inquiry to CurQfen right now to get their pricing and also to see if they will allow their ingredient to be used with another form of Curcumin. Even if they won't, it doesn't mean that we can't just do a CurQfen product as well.

Also will look into the possibility of adding additional turmerones.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thank you so much for replying in the thread. Your level of knowledge on this subject is tremendous and very appreciated.

I will send an inquiry to CurQfen right now to get their pricing and also to see if they will allow their ingredient to be used with another form of Curcumin. Even if they won't, it doesn't mean that we can't just do a CurQfen product as well.

Also will look into the possibility of adding additional turmerones.
I am glad I was able to provide some value and assist in anyway.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Might not add up, but I accidentally ordered full spectrun turmeric w/ bioperine, instead of curcumin w/ bioperine and I feel it helps my gut inflimation better.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Might not add up, but I accidentally ordered full spectrun turmeric w/ bioperine, instead of curcumin w/ bioperine and I feel it helps my gut inflimation better.
I have used whole herb turmeric that was averaged at about 7% I believe curcumin and I also found it worked well. If you look at the populations, such as India, who seem to experience health benefits of daily turmeric consumption none of them are using extract or 95% cucumin. What they are doing is consuming it almost daily, with fat, basically for life. There is something to whole herbs IMO vs extract. I believe the best is to use both.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I know we will use C3 Curcumin.
Theracumin I'm interested in.

I'm definitely interested in checking into Lou's suggestions of some turmerones and Curqfen.

I agree about the balance between effective and price constraints. We want to make the absolute best available for the money but don't want to price it out of most people's price range.

There may or may not be a benefit of having more than one type. I theory, the whole competing branded versions of Curcumin's come down to absorption and different ones use different things to increase theirs that make them feel theirs is the best. And what it probably is is that one type may work better for one where another may work better for another. So by using more than one version/type, you hit it from different directions.
This makes sense and I look forward to where this leads. I don't know enough about Curcumin to know different MOA off the top of my head and what combos would make sense. I am sure it may be prohibitive in the term of pill size and dosing, but I think even just general Tumeric + C3 + Bioperine could make sense if we are assuming there may be potential benefits of generic Tumeric intake as a way of hitting "broad" plus "specific".

I've been needing to pick up more Curcumin outside the amount I've been using in Morphoprime, but just keep being unsure what I want so count me in as a user of this regardless of where you go (as I trust SNS and like to support those brands I prefer).

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
What is the main goal of this supplement? General health and joint health from a anti inflammatory angle?

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hurry up and put this out, I use Curcumin religiously.
same here but just a generic .. if you overdose it it works lol

cant wait for this product .. fooling around with multiple ideas

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
What is the main goal of this supplement? General health and joint health from a anti inflammatory angle?
The goal is to provide the best overall Curcumin product on the market. And yes, we would want it to useful for general health, joints, and inflammation.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Curcumin is one of those things that everyone can benefit from it and everyone should be on it since it has so many great benefits.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Curcumin, green tea, fish oil.
Hard to disagree there .. I never got into the fish oil scene .. prolly would benefit greatly

Green tea I do drink everyday on weekday work .. start the day with caffeine usually around lunch it’s green tea.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hard to disagree there .. I never got into the fish oil scene .. prolly would benefit greatly

Green tea I do drink everyday on weekday work .. start the day with caffeine usually around lunch it’s green tea.
Yeah, even one cup a day has profound effects over a lifetime. I'd also add vit D, and ZMA or similar.

I've been taking citadel athlete vitamin lately. Interesting formula, cheap and high quality. Tastes bomb too.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
For anyone interested, I wrote an article on curcumin a few years back:

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yeah, even one cup a day has profound effects over a lifetime. I'd also add vit D, and ZMA or similar.

I've been taking citadel athlete vitamin lately. Interesting formula, cheap and high quality. Tastes bomb too.
Don't want to get too off topic, but that is a pretty cool formula. I am tired of caps for stuff lately too so I might grab that. Thanks!

I've been using a decent bit of Theracumin in a formula with Fish Oil, Boswellia, and a couple other things which I think make a solid formula. I look forward to what SNS has in the pipeline.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Yeah, even one cup a day has profound effects over a lifetime.
I think this is important to call out. A lot of us take a couple bottles of a health ingredient/supplement and maybe stop re-ordering or taking. Like you said, being consistent over the years is important

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I think this is important to call out. A lot of us take a couple bottles of a health ingredient/supplement and maybe stop re-ordering or taking. Like you said, being consistent over the years is important
People on the boards kill me with stuff like this haha

My cupboard has been pretty identical the last couple years with just some things being consolidated (like going from bacopa and Rhodiola and ash to just stress and anxiety haha).

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
People on the boards kill me with stuff like this haha

My cupboard has been pretty identical the last couple years with just some things being consolidated (like going from bacopa and Rhodiola and ash to just stress and anxiety haha).
Yeah I mean I certainly rotate some things (carnitine salts, Agmatine vs nitrates, etc.), but I’ve been very consistent with Ashwagandha (KSM-66), Curcumin, and Olive Leaf extract for years.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah, even for Curcumin, I'm taking 1 cap of whatever I happen to be taking, either c3, curqfen, whatever. It's not ideal, but I've been consistently taking for a decade now. When even cooking amounts of the whole root make a difference, I figure a half serving of these wazoo extracts will matter.

THEstudent

Awards
We had mentioned several months ago that we were going to be doing a Curcumin product and have had people asking for updates so I wanted to update everyone.

We had a product ready to go into production (labels made and everything) and it was going to feature more than 1 branded type of Curcumin and then one of the branded ingredient companies decided that their Curcumin was too good to be used in a product with other branded ingredients from a competitor (They had originally agreed and been all for the idea). Huge hassle, waste of time, loss of label money, etc. I think they were basically hoping that we were going to use theirs and not their competitors but it worked out the opposite and we won't be using theirs.

So that's the reason for the delay but it brings us to an interesting question that I would love to get everyone's opinion on.

I'll go ahead and state that we definitely want to include Sabinsa's C3 Curcumin in the product so I would love to hear people's opinions and suggestions as to if there are any other branded versions or different types of Curcumin that they would like to see included with it.

I look forward to hearing everyone's thoughts.
What about BCM-95/Curcugreen? I think this brand and C3 from Sabinsa are the most clinically studied.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yeah I mean I certainly rotate some things (carnitine salts, Agmatine vs nitrates, etc.), but I’ve been very consistent with Ashwagandha (KSM-66), Curcumin, and Olive Leaf extract for years.
Oh I can't act like I am not cycling stuff. I have been consistent with Curcumin (in several forms) for quite a while now. My flare ups of any joint issues or pains are less frequent and tend to be pretty short lately. Can't say Curcumin is the only reason, but I'd like to think it has been some help.

Yeah, even for Curcumin, I'm taking 1 cap of whatever I happen to be taking, either c3, curqfen, whatever. It's not ideal, but I've been consistently taking for a decade now. When even cooking amounts of the whole root make a difference, I figure a half serving of these wazoo extracts will matter.
Exactly how I feel and hope.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Is Meriva any good?
Yes, it's very good, and one of the more studied forms, iirc. It's better for joint issues, while theracumin is allegedly better for brain effects.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yes, it's very good, and one of the more studied forms, iirc. It's better for joint issues, while theracumin is allegedly better for brain effects.
Ya Meriva may be the form I've used the most. I was biased towards wanting joint benefits so I went with it a lot and I have enjoyed.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
What about CurcuPrime?
Not as familiar with that one but will look into it.

Curcumin, green tea, fish oil.
Sounds like a good combination but we won't be doing this in a softgel so that would rule out fish oil being in it.

What about BCM-95/Curcugreen? I think this brand and C3 from Sabinsa are the most clinically studied.
BCM-95 doesn't want their ingredient used with other Curcumin products like C3 and they were not very friendly to even try to deal with when we were inquiring. Curcugreen I will look into.