Cubital tunnel syndrome

he-man

he-man

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, I had a Nerve conduction study yesterday evening which diagnosed CTS! I have cold hands, muscle wastage between the thumb and index, loss of sensation on the outside of hand down to the pinky.

Can anyone recommend a support for during the day and a splint for wearing at night??

Would immobilising the wrist also help with the constant aching?

Anyone suffered from this??

Thanks in advance

Superload

Superload

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
You most likely don't want to hear this but I had the exact same issue....the only fix I found is surgery, but the recovery is only about 5 weeks before rehab and feeling begins to come back almost immediately but will come and go, with the time it goes numb becoming less and less overtime. I'm happy to say I finally have feeling back in my hand 99% of the time and the muscles are at 85-90% back, and today is exactly 7 weeks post op. I really suggest you get the cubital release surgery sooner rather than later because you risk permanent nerve damage the longer you wait.

he-man

he-man

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for your response...I’m hoping for the surgery as I’ve had this too long! It’s only been found due to investigation into my herniated c5/c6! I may need ACDF on that too!!

Did you have any brace/splints for the CTS?

Superload

Superload

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
No they didn't even bother because my hand wasting was already getting bad. I didn't notice it until my fingers went numb. It started in my palm and it felt.numb only when I did dips or other heavy pressing movements. Then once my fingers were numb 24/7 I got super anxious and scared. Dont know about you but to me pain is a friend that reminds me im alive. Once I lost feeling and couldn't feel texture or sense heat, that to me became the worst feeling humanly possible and thats with 3 shoulder surgeries already under my belt. But if your a serious lifter(your here so I assume you are) who wants to get bigger braces really won't help you at all. The problem is a combo of your fascia and nerve canal already being tight, that as your triceps grows the nerve becomes worse and worse due to further agitation. Sorry to here about your discs tho. I have a tear in my shoulder to( same as cubital release, anddd of course opposite shoulder of what was already fixed) which I have to schedule another surgery for eventually. Luckily tho it has no pain and dosent really hamper normal range of motion but if I'm stretched out, and relaxed one wrong dick head pushing into me at the moment causes my shoulder to dislocated. Shitty joints genetics that football DID NOT do any favors for lol. On the plus side I felt normalness the next day after surgery! But just don't do what I do and go to the gym that day lol..didn't hurt it but you don't realize the nerve block hasn't completely worn off till the second night 🤣 can still easily hit legs and I worked out with one arm until I could start rehab and really only lost size in the one arm which came right back once I could pump it again