Crypto currency

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Maybe you find a diamond in the rough, I hope so!
Hope so! But, learned another hard lesson again this morning. Sold my WINR and bought more HOT. But, in doing so, I sold at market order instead of limit order. So, it just sells your coins at whatever the optimum price would be to fully fulfill the sale, meaning some at each price point. Instead of selling it all at, for example, $.03, it sold at $.005, $.01 and $.02 because no one was buying at $.03. Lost everything I gained overnight! So, I'm back to exactly where I started when I transferred from binance to Bitmart...a few hundred dollars. At least HOT is still moving up nice and slow...

I really need to stop messing with crypto and stocks when I've only slept 3 hours...lol

On a side note, why isn't VET moving?

sinewave3

sinewave3

Awards
  • Established
I decided to put a few hundred in BTT, WINR and HOT and learned a valuable lesson. It cost way too many fees (and repeated purchases of those tiny coins) to move my ONE gains from binance.us to BitMart. I made it all back already because WINR went wild for a little bit, but still wasted cash. Next time, I'll just spend the extra to buy on the different exchange.
Which part had the worst fees? Was it a particular exchange, or the protocols? Or did it all just add up?

I just transferred some DAI to KuCoin recently and the fees were like half a % to buy, but the fee to transfer was like 10%. Not sure if it was a flat rate so big% of my small transfer?

I know Ethereum fees are high, but litecoin and Cardano network fees are low. Figured I would try a stable coin for once to shuffle stuff around.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Which part had the worst fees? Was it a particular exchange, or the protocols? Or did it all just add up?

I just transferred some DAI to KuCoin recently and the fees were like half a % to buy, but the fee to transfer was like 10%. Not sure if it was a flat rate so big% of my small transfer?

I know Ethereum fees are high, but litecoin and Cardano network fees are low. Figured I would try a stable coin for once to shuffle stuff around.
I found the best way (moving with the lowest fees) was to move ALGO to kucoin, sell ALGO/USDT and buy whatever you want to invest in.

Last edited:
GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Well, it's going to cost $18 flat rate to withdraw out of Bitmart. The market sell order was the biggest hurt. Honestly, just avoid Bitmart.

I need to find another exchange for HOT and BTT...

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hope so! But, learned another hard lesson again this morning. Sold my WINR and bought more HOT. But, in doing so, I sold at market order instead of limit order. So, it just sells your coins at whatever the optimum price would be to fully fulfill the sale, meaning some at each price point. Instead of selling it all at, for example, $.03, it sold at $.005, $.01 and $.02 because no one was buying at $.03. Lost everything I gained overnight! So, I'm back to exactly where I started when I transferred from binance to Bitmart...a few hundred dollars. At least HOT is still moving up nice and slow...

I really need to stop messing with crypto and stocks when I've only slept 3 hours...lol

On a side note, why isn't VET moving?
You made some buyer happy. I used to do this, place ridiculously low limit buys and just sit and wait- kind of like fishing. I remember picking up ETH for $200 when it was at ~$700s because someone made a mistake.

Like I've said, VET is boring money. Fantastic project, but it is never going to be a big money maker at this point because it would go against the entire premise of the project. I have some in it still almost as a stable coin and to be there in chance it takes a little pump, but I'll end up moving everything out before long. There are far more lucrative projects out there and my belief and appreciation for a coin only goes so far.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You made some buyer happy. I used to do this, place ridiculously low limit buys and just sit and wait- kind of like fishing. I remember picking up ETH for $200 when it was at ~$700s because someone made a mistake.

Like I've said, VET is boring money. Fantastic project, but it is never going to be a big money maker at this point because it would go against the entire premise of the project. I have some in it still almost as a stable coin and to be there in chance it takes a little pump, but I'll end up moving everything out before long. There are far more lucrative projects out there and my belief and appreciation for a coin only goes so far.
Yes! I heard about someone doing it with, I think it was XRP maybe?

Yeah, I'm about done with VET. I need to see some gains! I'll be browsing some other coins, maybe ZIL...

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You all really don’t hold anything long term huh? Lol

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You all really don’t hold anything long term huh? Lol
I've been holding VEN/VET since the ICO in 2017. I was a strength node for a couple years as well and even the rewards provided are low. Like I said, it's a great project, but I have made my profit and don't see a lot of room for growth so I'm not going to keep my money tied up when there are other much more profitable areas to put it.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've been holding VEN/VET since the ICO in 2017. I was a strength node for a couple years as well and even the rewards provided are low. Like I said, it's a great project, but I have made my profit and don't see a lot of room for growth so I'm not going to keep my money tied up when there are other much more profitable areas to put it.
VET has signed contracts with some cart company for tracking and verifying their product (yanno, people LOVE to scam). I think their QR tracking and RIFD has A LOT of room to grow. $0.08 isn’t the top.

But, you’ve been doing this a while lol you know what you’re doin friend.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
.08 definitely isn't the top, but IoT is a slower growing area in crypto and due to the model, wouldn't ever pay as much as a coin or a tokenized reward or utility in the manner it is used in other areas. Trust me, it's as solid of a project as I think there can be in blockchain and is a real solution, so no issues. I just sucked out as much profit as I think I am going to get without a slow climb and it's been good to me.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Sold $12k of BTC profits and bought gold. Diversifying just in case gov wants to regulate the crypto space and eliminate the competition. My conspiracy mind thinks that crypto is in part to program us to accept a digital dollar/fed coin. Either way diversification feels good.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
.08 definitely isn't the top, but IoT is a slower growing area in crypto and due to the model, wouldn't ever pay as much as a coin or a tokenized reward or utility in the manner it is used in other areas. Trust me, it's as solid of a project as I think there can be in blockchain and is a real solution, so no issues. I just sucked out as much profit as I think I am going to get without a slow climb and it's been good to me.
What are you looking at next?

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Did anyone else see the Harmony One "Big Announcement" followed by a Rick Roll 30 minutes later yesterday?
@kisaj

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, it was amateur hour to do that, but in the end it only burned people planning to short it and day traders, so I don't care about that piece. The project is still the best thing going out there and the tech will prevail, but this is what happens when you hire someone without crypto experience to lead marketing. They were trying to appeal to non crypto people with the move to spread awareness, but he had no idea about the emotion and irrationality that surrounds the crypto space and that you can't tweet and make jokes about things other sectors can. A lot of big companies made jokes about their products yesterday and no one batted an eye, but simply posting "A big Announcement coming" sent the price spiking and then dropping, effectively wrecking a lot of people. They didn't even say who, when, what, nothing- and people bought in.

They need to do better, but ultimately it is nothing to a project like this.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Other updates, I got in BTT and HOT right on time last weekend. They are both up 50%. Gotta love it.

I also bought some ZIL and on Monday, plan to buy back in ENJ after a little ONE frees up from staking (not much, but I want a little more diversity and really believe in ENJ the more I learn about them, but ONE is still 70% of all my hodl).

Does everyone use a wallet for their crypto?

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I've been thinking more about this. I want to try it, but at the same time, I think I'd feel bad if I actually scored some really cheap...lol

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Decided I'm going to add a few more fraction of a penny coins. So far, Safemoon only, but looking at Wink and WINR (again).

Otherwise, Pancakeswap looks interesting due to the lottery and other community things they do...

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
FINALLY some movement from XRP. How high will it go tho?!

sinewave3

sinewave3

Awards
  • Established
FINALLY some movement from XRP. How high will it go tho?!
Yeah buddy! $1.07 right now. This morning is sold a bit to pay for my bag, but hoping for like $2 something. Put those few bucks towards ENJ

Any good news in the SEC case is gonna be a big pump IMO

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yeah buddy! $1.07 right now. This morning is sold a bit to pay for my bag, but hoping for like $2 something. Put those few bucks towards ENJ

Any good news in the SEC case is gonna be a big pump IMO
Yes! And rumors of coinbase listing it again. That would be big also!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Boy, the panic sell has really taken root in the Harmony community. Good for me however, buying more lol

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Boy, the panic sell has really taken root in the Harmony community. Good for me however, buying more lol
I'll be honest, when it hit 12c earlier, I felt a little panic! But, I'm committed to holding ONE for the long haul and it's back up to 14c now!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
VET finally climbing again too.
Yeah a voting passed to help VTHO gas fee. Now it’s 1% to use. It’ll incentivize more companies to use the block chain since trx fees will be next to none. I don’t believe that directly inflates VETs price but a byproduct of the vote will.

I believe 0.11 is the new floor.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yeah a voting passed to help VTHO gas fee. Now it’s 1% to use. It’ll incentivize more companies to use the block chain since trx fees will be next to none. I don’t believe that directly inflates VETs price but a byproduct of the vote will.

I believe 0.11 is the new floor.
Gotcha.

Otherwise, the low cost cap coins I'm in now are HOT, BTT, Safemoon, and Safemars. I'm portobello going to sell off BTT since it's market cap is way too high already for much more growth. I think HOT has real potential like Harmony. SafeMoon and SafeMars might be junk scams, so I've only put a little in and will see where it goes. At $.0000019, a couple hundred bucks could turn into something pretty good if a couple zeroes are shaved off.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I realise this is proper amateur hour stuff but I logged in to binance tonight (just to check my login worked) and realised I appear to own enjin instead of the golum I thought I had? I assume some years back I switched them to enjin and forgot about it.

enjin seems to be doing ok but I have no idea what it is and tbh I have no idea whether I’m best off sticking with them or switching to something else? Anyone know what the **** the enjin coin is that can give a view on whether it’s worth keeping?

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I realise this is proper amateur hour stuff but I logged in to binance tonight (just to check my login worked) and realised I appear to own enjin instead of the golum I thought I had? I assume some years back I switched them to enjin and forgot about it.

enjin seems to be doing ok but I have no idea what it is and tbh I have no idea whether I’m best off sticking with them or switching to something else? Anyone know what the **** the enjin coin is that can give a view on whether it’s worth keeping?
Take a look at the video I posted either on top of this page or on a prior page on enjin and NFTs. I'm only invested in coins under a dollar right now, but if was going to go with one that pricy, it would be enjin.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Take a look at the video I posted either on top of this page or on a prior page on enjin and NFTs. I'm only invested in coins under a dollar right now, but if was going to go with one that pricy, it would be enjin.
thanks bro

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
No problem. But if you've been holding enjin for years, congrats on this gains!!! That took off recently!
been at least a year or so as I legit don’t remember changing the gnt to them (I’ve even been checking the gnt price every now and again 😂)

don’t ever recall hearing of enjin tbh 🤷

the vast majority of my assets are in the blue whale fund ISA’s which has been killing it since inception. I only messed about with crypto a few years back when it first took off, I made a few thousand dollars, cashed out and left a few hundred in gnt (which it seems I moved to enjin). Anyway that’s now worth over $2k so will probably move it to a couple of smaller coins

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
been at least a year or so as I legit don’t remember changing the gnt to them (I’ve even been checking the gnt price every now and again 😂)

don’t ever recall hearing of enjin tbh 🤷

the vast majority of my assets are in the blue whale fund ISA’s which has been killing it since inception. I only messed about with crypto a few years back when it first took off, I made a few thousand dollars, cashed out and left a few hundred in gnt (which it seems I moved to enjin). Anyway that’s now worth over $2k so will probably move it to a couple of smaller coins
Right on.

One frustrating part of all this is the minimums required to transfer from exchange to wallet or vice versa. For example, to get my btt off Trust, I need trx, but I have to either buy $50 as the minimum on Trust, or send from another exchange and there's a minimum purchase of $70 on bitmart. So, for a transfer that should cost pennies to a dollar, it's $50-75. Am I missing something?

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Right on.

One frustrating part of all this is the minimums required to transfer from exchange to wallet or vice versa. For example, to get my btt off Trust, I need trx, but I have to either buy $50 as the minimum on Trust, or send from another exchange and there's a minimum purchase of $70 on bitmart. So, for a transfer that should cost pennies to a dollar, it's $50-75. Am I missing something?
Sell something you’re already holding to USDT then buy enough TRX to move it off the wallet.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Sell something you’re already holding to USDT then buy enough TRX to move it off the wallet.
Yeah, I know. Still gonna cost $75 just to do the transfer, and since I only need a tiny amount to move, the leftover $70 or whatever in trx will just sit in the wallet. Unless you mean sell something I have on Trust but I don't see how to do that.

Edit: Vet up to 14c! Bought back into that right on time!

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Cmon XRP! To the MOON BOIS!!I had 110k at one point and had to pull out when it tanked cause I didn’t want to lose it all. I’d be sittin pretty right now if I had just HODL’d. My small portfolio is still doing awesome at least.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Cmon XRP! To the MOON BOIS!!I had 110k at one point and had to pull out when it tanked cause I didn’t want to lose it all. I’d be sittin pretty right now if I had just HODL’d. My small portfolio is still doing awesome at least.
LOL I'm in that same situation right now with several coins. They're dropping hard. But I recently had a realization, how many coins (coins that have a decent market cap at least) have surely zeroed out? When I zoom out, on every coin (except those couple low cap "gems"), they all drop and eventually recover. Even knowing that, i still get that dread look at my portfolio every hour lol.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
LOL I'm in that same situation right now with several coins. They're dropping hard. But I recently had a realization, how many coins (coins that have a decent market cap at least) have surely zeroed out? When I zoom out, on every coin (except those couple low cap "gems"), they all drop and eventually recover. Even knowing that, i still get that dread look at my portfolio every hour lol.
Bro it’s HARD. I pulled my 401k out of the markets when corona virus removed the early withdrawal penalty. I think USD is on life support/last breaths. So I went precious metals and crypto. Both have paid off well but still so much room to go. I’ve noticed I’ve been early on my calls. I had 3 BTC at one point also

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Bro it’s HARD. I pulled my 401k out of the markets when corona virus removed the early withdrawal penalty. I think USD is on life support/last breaths. So I went precious metals and crypto. Both have paid off well but still so much room to go. I’ve noticed I’ve been early on my calls. I had 3 BTC at one point also
Oh man, sorry to hear that! What other coins are you holding now?

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, I know. Still gonna cost $75 just to do the transfer, and since I only need a tiny amount to move, the leftover $70 or whatever in trx will just sit in the wallet. Unless you mean sell something I have on Trust but I don't see how to do that.

Edit: Vet up to 14c! Bought back into that right on time!
$75 to transfer? Trx usually burns 1trx (0.12 at the moment) to move?

I would never buy through a wallet
A) the minimum
B) the rate they charge (typically 5%) so your getting less tokens for your price so you’re initialing paying MORE for the coin than current market price.

Idk what you hold, algo and one have the smallest trxs fees. Move $5 worth of ONE to your exchange of choice, sell to usdt and buy the trx and transfer it. No crypto except ETH gas fees are that high to transfer lol $75 is stupid. I cost me $35 in ETH to move my bag of MATIC.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
$75 to transfer? Trx usually burns 1trx (0.12 at the moment) to move?

I would never buy through a wallet
A) the minimum
B) the rate they charge (typically 5%) so your getting less tokens for your price so you’re initialing paying MORE for the coin than current market price.

Idk what you hold, algo and one have the smallest trxs fees. Move $5 worth of ONE to your exchange of choice, sell to usdt and buy the trx and transfer it. No crypto except ETH gas fees are that high to transfer lol $75 is stupid. I cost me $35 in ETH to move my bag of MATIC.
I mean there's a minimum amount to transfer from bitmart to my wallet. Maybe kucoin doesn't have that minimum? Or another exchange?

sinewave3

sinewave3

Awards
  • Established
I mean there's a minimum amount to transfer from bitmart to my wallet. Maybe kucoin doesn't have that minimum? Or another exchange?
KuCoin, Bitrue have lots of alt coins and minimums are really low. Most major exchanges are competitive so the main limits I see are daily max inflows or outflows.

Disadvantage is you don’t hold your own private keys. Planning on transferring off eventually myself.

sinewave3

sinewave3

Awards
  • Established
@tyga tyga @sinewave3
Thanks guys! Kucoin was perfect with no minimum!
Awesome! It can be a bit complicated at first, have to transfer a coin in, sell that for USDT, then buy what you is want. I was using sites like coinswitch.io but the fees on KuCoin are a lot lower, but more steps.