GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Hello ONE!

This is a pump no doubt, but it will settle higher. I never give any crypto financial advice, but I would break that rule and tell anyone with some extra money that wouldn't mess with their lives to put some in this. My gut has never felt like this with any project in the last 4-5 years.

I may be wrong, I have no guidance from anything other than experience and research, so don't come at me if things don't go as I think they will. Lol
Yeah, it's been a great day!

But, what does a pump mean?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It can mean several things, but in general it means a group of people decide to pick an investment and buy in big to raise the price and trick others to FOMO in with their money and then they sell, making a profit. Look at GME, it is the textbook version of this with stocks. ONE has been pretty Teflon to this but it’s inevitable when people start finding out about a hot product. On the other hand it can benefit us because it brings awareness and raising the new bottom. But it is a delicate balance because you don’t want to be anywhere associated with a pump in investment. The community needs to shut it down fast.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It can mean several things, but in general it means a group of people decide to pick an investment and buy in big to raise the price and trick others to FOMO in with their money and then they sell, making a profit. Look at GME, it is the textbook version of this with stocks. ONE has been pretty Teflon to this but it’s inevitable when people start finding out about a hot product. On the other hand it can benefit us because it brings awareness and raising the new bottom. But it is a delicate balance because you don’t want to be anywhere associated with a pump in investment. The community needs to shut it down fast.
Gotcha. Interesting. But what happens if they don't shut it down?

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Then it becomes dogecoin. Lol. Money to be made for sure, but this is too important of a project to be associated with stupid memes.
I can't believe how high it's gone so quickly though. It's pretty amazing. I'm playing the long game with this one but it's so tempting to can out now.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I can't believe how high it's gone so quickly though. It's pretty amazing. I'm playing the long game with this one but it's so tempting to can out now.
Reddit’s official Harmony page won’t allow market speculation which is great. They don’t want people joking just to yell “Stonks, moon, rocket ship”.

Their page is about the project, team and future outlook.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
@kisaj

Have you been selling your VTHO, using Vechain built in swap, to swap to more VET or just holding your VTHO?

Im trying to decide on whether to sell and buy more VET with it or hold it because it to is climbing lol

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
@kisaj

Have you been selling your VTHO, using Vechain built in swap, to swap to more VET or just holding your VTHO?

Im trying to decide on whether to sell and buy more VET with it or hold it because it to is climbing lol
Timely question, I was just texting with a buddy on this. He sold and I’m on the fence. I personally can’t see it going much above .02 ish because then gas would be pretty high at that point. I think if it hits near .015 again, I’ll dump it. I don’t have tons of it so it won’t make a huge difference but will allow me to put it in something else.

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is this real or a scam?

Crypto Trading Platform eToro Set To Go Public Via SPAC At $10 Billion Valuation

sinewave3

sinewave3

Awards
  • Established
Is this real or a scam?

Crypto Trading Platform eToro Set To Go Public Via SPAC At $10 Billion Valuation
I read that too, I think it’s probably real. Coinbase going public soon, direct to market, and Kraken going public but said they are too big for SPAC?

On another note, everyone ready for Cardano to get listed on Coinbase Pro tomorrow? Been reading it should pump to $1.48+

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ADA makes me gag. The most overrated project out there and nothing but vapor. The founder is nice and they are just riding the fake wave of an actual working product, smartly, but I won’t put anything into it personally.

sinewave3

sinewave3

Awards
  • Established
ADA makes me gag. The most overrated project out there and nothing but vapor. The founder is nice and they are just riding the fake wave of an actual working product, smartly, but I won’t put anything into it personally.
Looks like many agree with you, by the time it slowed at work for me to check my account ADA had already dumped so I missed my chance...

sinewave3

sinewave3

Awards
  • Established
What exchanges is everyone using for the smaller coins?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Any VET holders up their VTHO holdings a few weeks back or are you just letting it increase with your VET? I had dumped some VET and put in $1k when it was .007 and it popped today. Hitting almost .02. Completely artificial, so I am thinking I may dump half and come out with a couple grand, but keep an eye on it if it falls as it could be a time to buy some cheap.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
So on the basis the uk made it a joke to try and buy Bitcoin (I tried to throw 10k at it when it was 3k and failed) I’ve not done anything with crypto for a while

but I left around 2k of GNT (golem - seems to have a new GLM name?) and have just seen that appears to be up at $0.5 which is a 10x growth since I last looked.

any reason or is it just tied to Bitcoin and the market going up?

it was always a long term hold for me (I literally left it in my binance wallet years ago)

do I need to do anything with it? Or just leave it sitting there

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Any VET holders up their VTHO holdings a few weeks back or are you just letting it increase with your VET? I had dumped some VET and put in $1k when it was .007 and it popped today. Hitting almost .02. Completely artificial, so I am thinking I may dump half and come out with a couple grand, but keep an eye on it if it falls as it could be a time to buy some cheap.
Just letting it increase with my VET.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Let it ride for now. They are now partnered with Polygon to allow cheaper transactions to be done on layer 2 once the Golem mainnet is released. This means more money for those participating in the ecosystem and faster payments. It's win/win.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just letting it increase with my VET.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I sold my vtho off right before it jump, so i bought back in early this morning hoping to get a little of that jump. Do you think it's a pump and dump? Won't stick?

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Let it ride for now. They are now partnered with Polygon to allow cheaper transactions to be done on layer 2 once the Golem mainnet is released. This means more money for those participating in the ecosystem and faster payments. It's win/win.

that sounds like a good thing?

I definitely wasn’t planning on selling it. I left it as a complete punt on something that might eventually hit a few hundred thousand in value (no idea if that’s at all likely).

you were mentioning staking and things further up the thread - presumably nothing like that with golum?

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
How often is anyone else moving crypto around? I've been moving stuff every few days lol

SouthPawSD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
How often is anyone else moving crypto around? I've been moving stuff every few days lol
As a college student, I hardly move my stuff around unless I make huge gains on something I don't think are going to last (IE I had $100 in BNB @ $25 a coin because I wanted to use it for trading fees. When that sucker hit the high $200 range I sold).

I'm a big believe in crypto, I have a small mining rig and do about 70% crypto/30% stocks for my long term savings. I mostly HODL since 1) I'm in it for the long term as I believe it will become a globally accepted currency and 2) I don't want to pay short term trading fees lol. Curious how taxes affect our European brothers? With the amount I have invested if I made some big trades I could end up paying a months worth of income when tax season comes around (US). Granted I am a college student that only makes ~$20k a year, but I have been buying BTC since 2016 and those satoshis stack nicely with time lol (First purchase 100$ @ $732 a BTC)

I'll add that I think BTC and maybe ETH are the only two cryptos I would see worth holding for 5+years. That can change at anytime, but everything pretty much follows BTC and now with big time companies buying massive amounts of it I don't see it ever disappearing. If it did I think we would have bigger problems to worry about.

As for ETH, I think with the rollout of ETH 2.0 (whenever it actually comes) will make it another big, longer term player. It has too big of a market cap lead over the next closest crypto.
I also think that when ETH 2.0 rolls out the miners would pretty much determine the 3rd place crypto. What is that? I have no idea but it will be interesting to see. I hold a few hundred $ in my top 4 possibilities and add a small amount each month just in case.

I guess you could call me a crypto zealot lol, but all I know is when I graduate medical school at this rate I will be able to pay off all my loans and put a large down payment on a house. Hopefully it continues and I will buy a house in cash and have funds to spare!

Really hope someone from the UK or EU chimes in about tax rate on cryptos... I really want to know and don't know where to look for reliable info haha

Last edited:
sinewave3

sinewave3

Awards
  • Established
I try not to move stuff too much because of fees. Small coins it’s not bad, but bigger ones especially the top 2 fees can add up I think.

SouthPawSD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I try not to move stuff too much because of fees. Small coins it’s not bad, but bigger ones especially the top 2 fees can add up I think.
Ah yes the fees can make it a giant bitch as well. There was also a huge spike in ETH gas fees a few weeks ago that some reported cost a full ETH. It was an anomaly, but if your not paying attention you could be spending a huge amount.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I think the gains I've made moving stuff around have either equalled or netted positive but I'm only moving low cost coins, basically daytrading them. Holding ONE since the beginning has really paid off and I'll never take that out!

Edit: I am also impatiently waiting for enjin to take off again...

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don’t move anything because I don’t want to deal with it when tax season comes.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I lost like $10k trying to day trade in losses and fees. I was playing with a large sum of money tho. So I now hold and have recouped my losses and some, but had I maintained my original position and just held tight, I’d be up $100k more at the moment

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I lost like $10k trying to day trade in losses and fees. I was playing with a large sum of money tho. So I now hold and have recouped my losses and some, but had I maintained my original position and just held tight, I’d be up $100k more at the moment
That's way more than I'm moving around!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What do you mean by this? We have to claim every move?
If you trade one currency for another, yes. If you sell (obvious yes).

Capital gains/losses.

Coinbase will let you trade one currency for another and this will screw up a lot of investors. Mining/staking has to be accounted for as well. You have to show all of that come tax time.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yikes!

Swing trading is a tough one lol at least you’ve gained some off it back though.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
If you trade one currency for another, yes. If you sell (obvious yes).

Capital gains/losses.

Coinbase will let you trade one currency for another and this will screw up a lot of investors. Mining/staking has to be accounted for as well. You have to show all of that come tax time.
From what I've seen so far is you only have to claim the gains, but if you lost when you sold, it's a write off. In my case, I haven't actually sold the crypto where I've made money, and I've only actually net sold and lost technically with the others, so until I cash in on the ones that are up, then I won't need to claim it. Staking aside that is...
Is that correct?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I sold my vtho off right before it jump, so i bought back in early this morning hoping to get a little of that jump. Do you think it's a pump and dump? Won't stick?
No idea, but it has all the signs of one. I'm staying away for now.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Staying away? I thought you said earlier you had a couple grand in it?

I'm thinking of selling off the gains from it and either putting it back in VET, or maybe in ENJ since it's hopefully at its lowest point, but when Age of Rust comes out I hope it pops.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It’s odd because 70% of VTHO gets destroyed and the other 30% goes to node validators. You would think when the 70% gets burned the price would increase since circulation goes down.

Idk, I’m holding the VTHO on the off chance it grows. If not, I’ll sell it and reinvest it back to VET.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Speaking of one, Harmony is climbing.. again. My portfolio is BOOMIN.
Me too man. I'm loving this. I did end up selling the vtho before it started dropping and put it back in VET and ENJ for now.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Does anyone hold anything of the smaller coins like HOT (Holochain), BTT or Tron?

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Does anyone hold anything of the smaller coins like HOT (Holochain), BTT or Tron?
TRON has a huge mining event right now. Have mine in a liquidy pool for the event with a 19% Payout in all of Justin’s tokens (SUN, BTT, WINK, BTCST and JST).

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
TRON has a huge mining event right now. Have mine in a liquidy pool for the event with a 19% Payout in all of Justin’s tokens (SUN, BTT, WINK, BTCST and JST).
I decided to put a few hundred in BTT, WINR and HOT and learned a valuable lesson. It cost way too many fees (and repeated purchases of those tiny coins) to move my ONE gains from binance.us to BitMart. I made it all back already because WINR went wild for a little bit, but still wasted cash. Next time, I'll just spend the extra to buy on the different exchange.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Every new investor has to learn their own lessons on chasing. It very rarely works out. Not to mention it makes it a pain in the butt to track all the exchanges for tax purposes to only make a couple bucks.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Every new investor has to learn their own lessons on chasing. It very rarely works out. Not to mention it makes it a pain in the butt to track all the exchanges for tax purposes to only make a couple bucks.
True. Now that I did it though, I do believe in the potential of those 3 tiny coins i mentioned, so, glad I did it, but won't again lol.