Crypto currency

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I've opened an a/c with Coinbase but can't get my CC registered even though my country of residence is supported.

Emailed them & all I received was an auto-reply that their CS is super busy etc...

Anyone has a tried and trusted to recommend other than Coinbase ?
I use coin base but you can only buy eth, ltc or obviously bitcoin.....

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Whats the logic? Presumably itll recover over the next day or so? Why bitcoin cast instead of litecoin or eth?

I brought a few golem last night btw, looked into and like the concept.
The logic is that there is no actual value in Bitcoin, it is simply a price that is driven up due to the built in scaling complexity in creating further blocks and the number of people buying. As soon as the fork was called off, which was supposed to be designed to speed up the transactions and keep costs down, people get scared because they don't know the direction Bitcoin will go, so they sell. Now that there is a sell off, the price is dropping. All the "experts" believe it was inflated anyway and the real price should be around 5500-5800. There was a huge buy because everyone thought (including me, lol) that we would be doubling our coins after the fork.

$1329 drop in price in 3 days. Haha, we must all be insane to be playing in here.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
There is also a Bitcoin Cash fork Monday which may be fueling the pump into it right now.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Bitcoin has captured such a small amount of the market and so much room to grow. 200 billion market cap is still real small compared to so many investments. Apple alone is worth more, so it's still new and up coming.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Thinking I’m going to put 2/3 of my bitcoin into bitcoin cash while it’s still rising and before bitcoin drops to below when I bought in.

What wallet do you use for bitcoin cash kisaj?

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thinking I’m going to put 2/3 of my bitcoin into bitcoin cash while it’s still rising and before bitcoin drops to below when I bought in.

What wallet do you use for bitcoin cash kisaj?
I threw a little at Bitcoin Cash yesterday using brittrex......

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Do what u think you should do, I know what I did and in 5 years I will have over 5 million dollars worth of bitcoin . If your just letting it sit let it grow 1% in interest like I am . If you just want to spend it like normal money get a ten x card.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I threw a little at Bitcoin Cash yesterday using brittrex......
I just don't want to hold it on an exchange for too long, but may end up dumping it for a little profit and putting it back into Litecoin and Ethereum until the chaos settles down between Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash. I will be okay if I end up losing it all, but I'd rather not! Lol

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't carry BCH, but Kraken is one that is highly recommended.

For now, I am day trading LTC. I'm riding the $12-20 fluctuations with a goal of $250-500 daily.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I don't carry BCH, but Kraken is one that is highly recommended.

For now, I am day trading LTC. I'm riding the $12-20 fluctuations with a goal of $250-500 daily.
Do you do that through Exodus or an exchange? I just can't see the current USD price on Exodus which I don't really like.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I just don't want to hold it on an exchange for too long, but may end up dumping it for a little profit and putting it back into Litecoin and Ethereum until the chaos settles down between Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash. I will be okay if I end up losing it all, but I'd rather not! Lol
I also have some etherum and litecoin sitting. Golem as a long term thing, tbh I’ll probably just wait till next week and put some of the Bitcoin Cash into etherum and the rest into golem and forget about the lot for a few years.....

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do you do that through Exodus or an exchange? I just can't see the current USD price on Exodus which I don't really like.
I keep Coinbase and Exodus open at the same time so I can see the price per coin and make sure it matches my wallet. There is a slight lag to your Exodus wallet.

Right now BCH makes me nervous and I can't ride the wave of emotion with FOMO because it was sitting at $661 less than 2 days ago and now is fluctuating in the $1300s. I can see it dropping just as fast. Or, it could rise, who knows. But I am sitting on the side lines for now. If it drops into the $800s, I'll pick some up.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I keep Coinbase and Exodus open at the same time so I can see the price per coin and make sure it matches my wallet. There is a slight lag to your Exodus wallet.

Right now BCH makes me nervous and I can't ride the wave of emotion with FOMO because it was sitting at $661 less than 2 days ago and now is fluctuating in the $1300s. I can see it dropping just as fast. Or, it could rise, who knows. But I am sitting on the side lines for now. If it drops into the $800s, I'll pick some up.
That makes sense, also Exodus does have Bitcoin Cash, I just didn't have it selected. I am now waiting for confirmation on my Bitcoin transaction to Bittrex which was unnecessary now that I know Exodus does support it. Lol

Maybe it is good to give me more time to think about actually putting money into BCH.

As far as day trading LTC in Exodus, what do you exchange to when you sell high as you can't convert to USD?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
As far as day trading LTC in Exodus, what do you exchange to when you sell high?
My bank account! I go the opposite way.

I hold everything in Exodus and when I plan to make a sell, I move it over to Coinbase and when the price is to my liking, I just sell all of it and it transfers to my bank account, usually in a day or two.

As far as BCH, I am hearing about some issues with invalidated orders and exchanges happening from some guys I know that play with big money. There is a warning on the Kraken site about vulnerabilities for the next few weeks with BCH and state that you need to keep this in mind when trading. That adds to my apprehension about plunking money down right now.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
BCH transactions are being reported as "stuck" today. I know I would be pissed if I was trying to unload as value slips and couldn't. My buddy just texted me and he lost $8k in the span of 20 minutes.

I'm sticking with my original statement, I think that even in the world of crypto, it is too volatile. There is no way to support it and I'm betting after this weekend and part of this week it will go <$1k.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
BCH transactions are being reported as "stuck" today. I know I would be pissed if I was trying to unload as value slips and couldn't. My buddy just texted me and he lost $8k in the span of 20 minutes.

I'm sticking with my original statement, I think that even in the world of crypto, it is too volatile. There is no way to support it and I'm betting after this weekend and part of this week it will go <$1k.
BCH will be less than $1k?

I'm having trouble understanding the attack on BTC right now, what is going on exactly? I'm not sure if it is a good idea to hold any BTC now, or if it should all be in ETH or LTC?

I also saw that segwit2x is still happening now? I am lost. Lol

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The attack is basically surrounding the fact that the BTC transaction fees are increasing and the block sizes won't be able to support the continued increase in users. So, there needs to be an improvement and the fork was designed to address this, but it didn't get enough support. So, while there is question on what happens next, people fled to go to the next thing and BCH was the recipient. Most thought it would be the other alt coins (because BCH really is considered an alt coin and not well supported) but it didn't turn out that way.

My opinion is that if you already hold BTC and got it at a good price, which based on fluctuations would be anything below $5k ea, then hold on to it. But, I would not be buying any right now because there are so many issues- currently I just saw over 200k transactions stuck in pending because the platform cannot keep up with all the activity. There always stands a chance you could be out your money. So a lot of exchanges are not allowing BTC transactions now or at minimum putting up warnings that there could be 8+ hour delays in purchased verification. Personally, if I put down thousands of dollars, I want to be damn sure that is secure and I want to know now- not tomorrow.

Like I've said, I am playing in alt coins, specifically LTC. It is stable and has minor fluctuations, but put down a nice little chunk of money and you can ride those swings for a $250-500 daily payout.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I switched the majority of my BTC over to ETH yesterday, I’m waiting for LTC to drop to do it with the couple hundred I have left in BTC. I’ve been using GDAX and it’s been instant sells with the BTC on there.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I bought in at 5700 per BTC, and it’s looking like it’s going to stay above that for now, but who knows what it will do.

I would like to day trade with LTC I just don’t think even if I put all my digital assets into LTC it would be worthwhile for the small amount I have in there and I’ve reslly only seen it bounce between 58-62 lately. I haven’t monitored it too closely though.

Also, side note kisaj, how safe is using the Coinbase app on my phone? I assume there is no problem as long as I am not on public wifi? I don't think I would feel comfortable even using my universities private wifi.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’ve been using GDAX and it’s been instant sells with the BTC on there.
Then you lucked out. :) It's not the exchange, it's the platform. I haven't checked, but I would imagine GDAX has some sort of warning on there for BTC. If they don't, that wouldn't be good.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Then you lucked out. :) It's not the exchange, it's the platform. I haven't checked, but I would imagine GDAX has some sort of warning on there for BTC. If they don't, that wouldn't be good.
Yeah, I'm a little worried to try it now that there is so much pending, even though it literally is only like $200 left that I forgot in a different wallet. It only took about 30 minutes last night to send the .04 BTC from Bittrex to GDAX. I may put a stop limit sell for if it drops to $6k just to prevent any losses.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You could say that. As is LTC, breaking new 3 month barriers. Now that people have shook off the fork, they are coming back to BTC and it's all over the news so more people are buying in. It wouldn't surprise me to see $9k next week.

Plus, they've cleared the backlog of transactions. I bought 1 coin at $7600 and got it cleared in 10 min. It's the highside now, so I will hold onto this one for the long ride.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
A guy I follow on social media just released a website him and his buddy created using Ethereum. It's a game where there is a 16x16 grid, you can buy a tile for .005 ETH, equivalent to about $1.50 and once the grid is completely filled, it randomly chooses a tile who gets to collect all the ETH from the grid.

It is a kinda fun and cheap way to gamble some and support Cryptocurrencies also. It does require the use of the MetaMask chrome extension, but all you have to do is send a small amount of ETH to it just to buy tile spots.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
It's hashheroes.com, I forgot the link. Lol

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
The Grey's Anatomy season finale was based off of Bitcoin this week, it's the first thing I've seen where it was mentioned outside of news or documentaries. I don't know if it gave it good or bad publicity though because of the use in the show. Lol

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Everything is doing great right now. Even GNT is up quite a bit.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's pretty crazy by any standard. I saw someone tweet to buy now at $8k while it's still cheap. Can you imagine in year or two from now trying to get in and seeing Bitcoins at $30k?

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
It's pretty crazy by any standard. I saw someone tweet to buy now at $8k while it's still cheap. Can you imagine in year or two from now trying to get in and seeing Bitcoins at $30k?
I brought eth and ltc earlier this month but just a row in the water amount to see how Coinbase worked etc. Was planning to get a proper amount at the end of the month but gutted as they’ve already flown up. Guessing still value though

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
9k baby

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I got a question for you brother... Pm coming

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
1000s are coming faster than ever. We’ll be at 10k by early this week, forget by 2018. I wouldn’t be surprised to see $12k by Christmas time.

Kind of fun, I played golf with some guys the other day and we played for LTC per hole.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I brought eth and ltc earlier this month but just a row in the water amount to see how Coinbase worked etc. Was planning to get a proper amount at the end of the month but gutted as they’ve already flown up. Guessing still value though
Yeah I was planning to purchase more waiting for a dip but it doesn’t look like there will be another dip anytime soon. Lol

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, we are gonna see some more stability for longer periods I think. No doubt there will be dips, but the regret of buying at the top only lasts for a couple days. Lol. I bought another at $8200 and it sucked, but here we are 6 days later and I’m watching $1400 gains.

Bmac63095

Bmac63095

Awards
crypto

where do i go to buy bitcoin? the whole thing is super sketchy but def dont want to be the person who misses out on a lttile free cash in a couple years. people i work with have bitcoin but i always feel like everyone lies about it and how much they actually have

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You really need to study up before putting any money in. There are no fail safes and you are the only one responsible for your money with no ability to recover passwords or your funds if sent somewhere incorrect.

Regarding how much people have, very few people have any and the vast majority have only a portion of any coins. I recently saw a chart that estimates 92% of people that own BTC have ~.3 of a coin or less and no diversity with other coins.

Learn about alt coins because there is really good money to be made. DASH is one that is really interesting. It was $130 a few weeks ago and jumped to mid $600s this week. The future looks bright for their business plan.

Bmac63095

Bmac63095

Awards
You really need to study up before putting any money in. There are no fail safes and you are the only one responsible for your money with no ability to recover passwords or your funds if sent somewhere incorrect.

Regarding how much people have, very few people have any and the vast majority have only a portion of any coins. I recently saw a chart that estimates 92% of people that own BTC have ~.3 of a coin or less and no diversity with other coins.

Learn about alt coins because there is really good money to be made. DASH is one that is really interesting. It was $130 a few weeks ago and jumped to mid $600s this week. The future looks bright for their business plan.
i understand to diversify cuz i thoroghly enjoy the stock market but when you say that you can easily lose money not becuase the value plumits but becuase you sned it some where ? thats what i dont get. can someone do some member educating on here for AM?

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

I looked into golem on the back of a comment you made on this thread - agree it’s a really interesting concept and these guys appear to be the more advanced of those in the space. Also appealed to me as my job (aspects of anyway) is in the cloud computing space......

Brought 2,000 golem basically as a punt (and they were dirt cheap - think it was $300 ish, already getting near double that. See it as a 5 year thing. Thanks for the heads up on it

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I looked into golem on the back of a comment you made on this thread - agree it’s a really interesting concept and these guys appear to be the more advanced of those in the space. Also appealed to me as my job (aspects of anyway) is in the cloud computing space......

Brought 2,000 golem basically as a punt (and they were dirt cheap - think it was $300 ish, already getting near double that. See it as a 5 year thing. Thanks for the heads up on it
Absolutely. Storage is my work life- I’ve been in software, but specifically storage for 20 years. I love the idea, but I (we) need others to understand distributed computing better, which adds another layer of complexity to an already somewhat complex concept of currency on top of that. Either way, I am hedging my bets and have a nice amount of it as well. Even if it hit $2-5 which is very possible, that could be a nice little return.

Key in my opinion is believing in what it is. I will ride it into the ground because I know it is needed and there is a place for it. They have security issues to address but the idea is the future. Maybe we won’t see it now, but in a year or 3, this could and should take off. Imagine sitting on a few hundred or more of something hitting double digits.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i understand to diversify cuz i thoroghly enjoy the stock market but when you say that you can easily lose money not becuase the value plumits but becuase you sned it some where ? thats what i dont get. can someone do some member educating on here for AM?
I’ll be honest that you really need to do your own investigation because anyone that claims to know how to do this other than to short sell or HODL ( you’ll get it) is lying. It is speculation all day.

I’ve made good money, but not rich money by spreading the love on the coins I believe in. I have money on the following in order of percentages:

Bitcoin
Litecoin
Ethereum
Bitcoin Cash
Dash
Golem
Monero

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I had contemplated DASH a while back but decided against it, so that is a little disappointing.

I think I’m going to put in a little more between BTC, Golem, and either Monero or Modum. I need to read a little more on the last two but have seen good stuff about both.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Don’t look now but LTC is going for a little rally. Even the coins are getting FOMO!

If you’ve been sitting on LTC for the last few months buying it at $40, hitting $93 today looks pretty good, especially when you are sitting on a bunch of them acting like they are BTC. Lol

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Those numbers make it tempting to sell, but I am not confident they will drop again so I am controlling myself. Lol

What is the normal fee for buying through coinbase with a bank account? Is the 4% credit card fee on top of the normal fee, or is it 4% overall? I hate waiting a week to actually get ahold of my coins.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Those numbers make it tempting to sell, but I am not confident they will drop again so I am controlling myself. Lol

What is the normal fee for buying through coinbase with a bank account? Is the 4% credit card fee on top of the normal fee, or is it 4% overall? I hate waiting a week to actually get ahold of my coins.
I hate it too, but it helps self control. lol. The fee is around 4% overall, not on top of, but the main issue is the amount you can purchase instantly on a CC. It is so much lower than your bank account.

LTC hit $90 earlier this summer and dropped, but I think this is different because everything is going up now, LTC is becoming widely accepted as a payment option because it's faster than BTC, and new people coming in see BTC prices but can't afford them so they just want in and are buying LTC. I wouldn't be surprised to see $150 ea.

Just diversify and ride it out. I am keeping LTC to 25-30% of my coins.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
It's risky of course, but there's some good money to be made. I'm using USI Tech to invest my Bitcoin and they pay out a percentage of profit for it. How it works basically is this: You go and buy some Bitcoin from someplace like Coinbase with USD and they give you some Bitcoin for it, depending on how much you invest. You can buy as little or as much $ USD as you'd like. Then you transfer this Bitcoin to USI and buy "packages" which they then use to mine/invest/etc. and pay you out a percentage of their profit. While Bitcoin is going up, you're essentially double dipping on the value of the BTC plus the profit they pay you out. There's a minimum time frame they need to hold your BTC, so be aware of that. I believe it's 140 days. Check it out: https://netwide.usitech-int.com/enrollment.html

Full disclosure, this is a referral program where I'd get a small portion of profits that your packages earn. Costs you nothing, you don't make less from using that link either. If you're against that, go to USI Tech directly and find the enrollment link. Makes no difference to me, I just like you guys to be aware of the opportunity here rather than just sitting on Coinbase and getting only a portion of the profit you could be getting.

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am being pressured by two gym acquaintances to invest in bitcoin. They are young and have no dough. I am older and have plenty. I have resisted their efforts thus far. Have seen too many get rich quick schemes and conventional investments are doing well so far.