CreditAnswers Debt Relief

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
They have been advertising on the radio and TV. They negotiate with Credit Card companies to reduce the amount you owe on credit cards. Yes this ruins credit, but it is better than bankrupcy. Does anyone know if place like this can be trusted. They say they can lower my credit card expense by 70%. They charge 12% of the orginal debt.

What advice can you guys give for getting out of credit card debt, I have already closed all the accounts and got rid of the cards. What is the best option. Thanks

methusaleh

methusaleh

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I am not familiar with that particular company, but see the post I made at the beginning of this thread:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/general-chat/131322-what-options-there.html#post2060837

And AFAIK, closing your accounts with no remediation plan is actually the worst thing you can do, unless you read the fine print in your account terms and conditions first. You will see that most accounts have limited interest and whatnot, as long as the account is still "revolving." But once you close it, and it is no longer "revolving", they can jack the interest up as high as they want and add all the fees they want, at any time, for any reason. Again, I am no expert, but that is what I have heard that 99.99% of credit cards can do.

bigrobbierob

bigrobbierob

Awards
  • Established
I don't trust them.

I look into one a few years ago and there was no guarantee. Basically I would be paying them instead of the CC company, but at the end of the 5 years (or whatever it was) I could still be owing the CC company. It was so full of lose IMHO.

Plus one company, DebtUSA (which used to be on TV all the time) just filed bankruptcy a few months ago....funny how a debt place runs into debt itself to the point it goes out of business.

In my opinion, invest in this and follow it word for word....

It's cheaper and it WILL work if followed!

Good luck!

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I don't trust them.

I look into one a few years ago and there was no guarantee. Basically I would be paying them instead of the CC company, but at the end of the 5 years (or whatever it was) I could still be owing the CC company. It was so full of lose IMHO.

Plus one company, DebtUSA (which used to be on TV all the time) just filed bankruptcy a few months ago....funny how a debt place runs into debt itself to the point it goes out of business.

In my opinion, invest in this and follow it word for word....

It's cheaper and it WILL work if followed!

Good luck!
There are legit places! Just rare. In all honesty, even if you are not of the faith, look into Christian debt counselors. They have a bit more honesty about them, and usually it is people who suffer through it themselves, and get put through schooling by a non profit org to help others. I will in fact be looking into this once a FREAKING JOB COMES THORUAHGAKHGJASGHAUGAIGH:drillsergeant:...............:D better now...

Also I had a thread awhile back with some great info! I should have a job come wednsday-thursday, I had the interview today at a temp agency, have to wait for assignment.

I may pick up that book myself. Starting once I get a job, I am going to get another one. After that, I am going to put every dime outside of supplements/gym/food into debt. Buying NOTHING, save for what I must, and I will be putting it on a 5 day wait list to think about before I do buy it.

Though bankruptcy may be forced upon me before things come through.

One second, looking up my thread.

Found IT

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/general-chat/131322-what-options-there.html