Creatinol-O-Phosphate vs. regular creatine

uubiduu

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What are your experiences with COP? Is ist better than crea mono? More strength gains on this? Im already taking crea mono. Will i notice something when i add some COP? Which dosage is recommended? I was looking at the product of Primaforce as its cheaper where i live than the Prototype stuff. Has COP to be cycled? If i quit taking it will all the strength increases diminish then?

broken bottle

broken bottle

Awards
Nothing is better than creatine mono. COP is in a lot of preworkouts and some BCAA.

Profion

Awards
If u aint getting the bloat from using creatine it is not working, so i see no reason to take other kind of creatine then the most plain and researche fo all mono.... The market tries to earn more by giving it some magic binding, promising other effects...

Just go with plain mono... why pay more

UncleWade

UncleWade

Awards
  • Established
Anyone who thinks that COP and any form of creatine are the same is patently stupid.

They have very different MOAs (COP's isn't well understood at the moment and oral bioavailability for this ingredient has come into question from time to time, IIRC) and serve entirely different purposes.

When repping for SNS, I used their COP product at ~2g preworkout, on workout days only, and noticed nice cumulative benefits with regard to endurance and slight strength increases (in general and in later sets) from an anecdotal perspective. If you can find it for a nice price, it's worth experimenting with because of its prevalence in various formulas these days.

Purchase an inexpensive creatine monohydrate like iForce Creaplex and take 3-5g per day, no loading, cycling, or glucose spikes necessary. Keep it simple and figure out what works for you.

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
Nothing is better than creatine mono. COP is in a lot of preworkouts and some BCAA.
If u aint getting the bloat from using creatine it is not working, so i see no reason to take other kind of creatine then the most plain and researche fo all mono.... The market tries to earn more by giving it some magic binding, promising other effects...

COP isn't creatine.

COP is an ergogenic aid.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards

i hope this is a joke....the op didnt directly relate cop to creatine, i took it as "would cop work better than creatine"

Profion

Awards
Sorry, yeah i see thats my bad!

how would you explain the increase ATP if there is no bloat, the bloat is an indicator of fluid rentension in the sarcoplasmic fluids, meaning it can hold more CA++ ions that deliver the phostphate to the bridge between aktin - myosin thereby producing more energy.. so yeah i would keep by my statement that there has to be some kind of bloat effect when taking creatine

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

how would you explain the increase ATP if there is no bloat, the bloat is an indicator of fluid rentension in the sarcoplasmic fluids, meaning it can hold more CA++ ions that deliver the phostphate to the bridge between aktin - myosin thereby producing more energy.. so yeah i would keep by my statement that there has to be some kind of bloat effect when taking creatine
....you copied that from somewhere and do not fully understand the function of ATP or creatine in muscle.

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards

you contradicted yourself in your attempt to sound smart by copy/pasting something you dont understand

bloat is subcutaneous water retention. sarcoplasmic fluid is in the muscle tissue

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Intracellular bloat = swole

Profion

Awards
Either i am totally wrong, or im plain stupid!

But how in hell would you answer were the P+ are stored if the sarcoplasmic fluid isent larger, the increase inceases it thus making more place for Phosphates that the CA++ ions can deliver to the energy protiens aktin n myosin..

I did not copy that from anywhere, i just did a report on hypertrophy thereby sarcoplasmic growth "myth?" and myofribilar.. In my research i tried to some up with theories on apon if sarcoplasmic growth is something that i atainable (I think yes) i nthe form of creatine, inflamation, AA
AA = inflamation => sarcoplasmic growth, increased nutrient and recovery thereby assistance in more growth.

Ive been negged because i state my reasons, if someone can tell why and either explain their own tought they are welcome.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
you contradicted yourself in your attempt to sound smart by copy/pasting something you dont understand

bloat is subcutaneous water retention. sarcoplasmic fluid is in the muscle tissue
aha he Pm'd me trying to talk sh1t to me when everyone here knows you copied it from somewhere and contradicted yourself. Just stop "ape boy". Not at you Onion at that other goon.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Better to be a goon then a goblin

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
two very different ingredients, read more about COP in our Peak Beta+ write up

"An intracellular buffering agent, which helps stabilize muscle pH and push muscle contractions beyond the normal point of fatigue. Not to be mistaken with creatine, this is entirely different. Creatinol-o-phosphate is not converted to creatinine (a waste product of creatine), and appears to be much more effective during high-rep stress. By helping to increase glycolysis in the presence of lactic acid, harder and longer training may be possible from the very first dose! It may also help recruit dormant muscle fibers not typically stimulated due to fatigue. You can see why creatinol-o-phosphate is regarded as a true hypertrophy-support supplement."

http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/molecular-nutrition/new-peak-beta-180-caps.html

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Onion already said it, water retention in subcutaneous tissue will result in bloat. Some forms of creatine are said to limit bloat whilst still being effective; how could that work if the 'bloat' is a sign of creatine working?

CEE is an example.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Either i am totally wrong, or im plain stupid!

But how in hell would you answer were the P+ are stored if the sarcoplasmic fluid isent larger, the increase inceases it thus making more place for Phosphates that the CA++ ions can deliver to the energy protiens aktin n myosin..

I did not copy that from anywhere, i just did a report on hypertrophy thereby sarcoplasmic growth "myth?" and myofribilar.. In my research i tried to some up with theories on apon if sarcoplasmic growth is something that i atainable (I think yes) i nthe form of creatine, inflamation, AA
AA = inflamation => sarcoplasmic growth, increased nutrient and recovery thereby assistance in more growth.

Ive been negged because i state my reasons, if someone can tell why and either explain their own tought they are welcome.
Phosphate traps the creatine inside the muscle cell creating osmotic flux into the cell and increased intracellular water retention. A bloat is caused by increased water retention in the insterstitial space (which is a component of the extracellular compartment).

Ca2+ increases muscular force production but this has absolutely nothing to do with the intracellular movement of phosphate.

Sarcoplasmic growth is 100% attainable. It's called muscle hypertrophy (increase in cell size).

Profion

Awards
hypertrophy has always been seen as myofribrillar, as far as i know i have seen no studies providing researching into saying that sarcoplasmis growth is true or a myth, in my world i do see it as being true.. hence the different forms of rock solid n bloated muscles

but hit up some studies if ya have em, id like to read em

Powercage

Powercage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
In.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
hypertrophy has always been seen as myofribrillar, as far as i know i have seen no studies providing researching into saying that sarcoplasmis growth is true or a myth, in my world i do see it as being true.. hence the different forms of rock solid n bloated muscles

but hit up some studies if ya have em, id like to read em
The only way you can achieve myofibrillar hypertrophy is to have expansion of the sarcoplasm. The myofibrils are added in parallel, not in series, so the muscle cell must widen.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I USE CREATINE ETHYL ESTER FOR MUSCLE HYPERPLASIA.
TRUE STORY BRAH

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer