Creatine, leucine, Vit D3 and carnitine results in 1kg gainz

barische

barische

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
"The researchers divided 42 healthy but sedentary individuals aged 55-70 into three groups. The first group received a placebo every day for 8 weeks, the second group received 1500 mg L-carnitine daily in the form of 2200 milligrams of L-carnitine L-tartrate. The third group received a combination supplement with 2200 milligrams of L-carnitine tartrate, 3000 milligrams of creatine, 2000 milligrams of leucine and 400 IU of vitamin D3.

The substances were packaged in sachets. Every morning the subjects dissolved the contents of 1 sachet in a glass of orange juice, and drank it.

Sponsor
The research was sponsored by Lonza, a prominent carnitine manufacturer. The research leader is a scientific employee of Lonza. [lonza.com] The first researcher is employed by KGK Science, [kgkscience.com] a Canadian private research organization.

Results
The combination supplement with carnitine, leucine, creatine and vitamin D increased the lean body mass by 1 kilo"

Last edited:
Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
In a similar cohort study, 3mg of ostarine for 3months produced 1.4kg lean tissue.

Given those comparitive numbers I'd rather stay natty, if my PED choice was going to be ostarine at least.

AnaBrolicHK

Awards
SARMs legit terrify me.

I read the same study earlier today. I use 500mg of L-carnitine a day and about 500mg of soy lecithin as well: L-carnitine is linked to atherosclerosis, and Lonza are doing what they can to play down that issue and keep the L-carnitine sales going. Other than the L-carnitine I get more than enough leucine, creatine and D3. The latter three are all great supplements for anyone active, really, but I'm definitely keeping my L-carnitine intake limited. It's been suggested that L-carnitine could be why animal products contribute to heart disease.

Last edited:

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well water weight counts as lean gains usually so not surprised. I usually gain three or four lbs from just creating. It’s the same thing when they showed how steroids made people gain muscle without lifting. In that case it would be water and glycogen.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well water weight counts as lean gains usually so not surprised. I usually gain three or four lbs from just creating. It’s the same thing when they showed how steroids made people gain muscle without lifting. In that case it would be water and glycogen.
Hmmm, I'm not so sure. I mean, I don't think we can reduce any lean tissue gain seen in sedentary AAS users (or any AAS user) purely to water and glycogen. You've heard the claim that anyone who uses AAS cannot really, in a strict sense, be considered natural again even if they only do one course? AAS will make fundamental changes to muscle myonuclei.

Aside from that, we know AAS increases protein synthesis rates. Even in its state of homeostasis, the body is constantly also in states of catabolism (tissue/cell breakown) and anabolism (tissue repair/growth). AAS will tip those scales favorably towards anabolism, specifically in muscle tissue, even in the absence of resistance training.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I know if you dehydrate yourself and carb deplete and take a dexa scan and then drink a gallon of water and eat some carbs and do another dexa scan, however much the actual weight of the water and carbs are will show up as lean mass. So 1 gallon of water and 2 servings of rice would show up as approximately 9.5lbs of lean mass gained in less then 24 hours.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
No mention of the subject's diet and training program.
Subjects are 55-70
Practical application to someone who trains and eats a pretty healthy diet to the new normal of netflix chill, McDonalds, pizza hut, and fast food.

I would not put too much into this at all.

Nodus1

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Am I missing something? I don't think one can draw any solid conclusions from this series of data. Perhaps that the vit D and creatine led to the gains, but not even that really...

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Am I missing something? I don't think one can draw any solid conclusions from this series of data. Perhaps that the vit D and creatine led to the gains, but not even that really...
I don't think anything they took really had a impact on gains, and " gains " might just be water weight. But who knows.

There's only 42 ppl in the study, there late middle age to elderly and they were sedentary going into the study. Even if you erase those variables. I can stop taking creatine for a month or 2. Then creatine load and drink a lot of water for 3-5 days and a dexa will show I gained a couple pounds of lean mass, when in reality it's registering the intra cellular water.

I'm not 100% positive they didn't gain any actual lean mass. But if I had to gamble on it, I'd bet against it

Karimano

Karimano

Awards
In a similar cohort study, 3mg of ostarine for 3months produced 1.4kg lean tissue.

Given those comparitive numbers I'd rather stay natty, if my PED choice was going to be ostarine at least.
Ostarine is synthetic

Ostarine is synthetic and comes with a host of side effects. Best to stick with this stack of Leucine Creatine and l carnitine with vitamin D3 folks 😉