counting calories, but losing weight too fast

H

hokiefan23

Awards
For the past two weeks, I've decided that I need to fix my dirty bulk that caused a significant amount of fat gain that I experienced while on an epistane run.

I went from about 195 at 14 percent bf to about 215 and an unknown but high bf%. I slowly started to drop the weight after I came off. After about 2 months, I became less chubby and got down to 195 but still a high bf%. Then I slowly started to gain weight again and got up to 203 and 18.22% bf.

That's when I decided to do it right, count my macros and ear clean. I've been training for a few years now and have followed strict diets before and counting calories, but I've lost about 6 pounds in the past 2 weeks. I'm on a 500 calorie deficit with 40/40/20 split on my cut (carbs, protein, fat)

What's weird is I am noticing some muscle growth too as well.y goal is to get down to 10% bf or less before I bulk up again. Why am I losing so quickly ? Any advice that you may have for me?

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bigger you are the bigger you lose. It's not uncommon to lose 4 to 10 lbs the first week for me. Water is a strange mistress.

Just judge by the mirror.