cottage cheese question

biggjohn

Banned
Awards
I've added flavored whey protein to improve taste before. I would say it helped.

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
I dump a load of cottage cheese into a big bowl and stir in raw oatmeal, cinnamon, a bunch of splenda, and a little milk. It's a nice little meal.

Crystal

Awards
LOL. That's what all my friends say when i recommend it to them. I eat a can of tuna, and half cup of cottage cheese everyday. I know there's somebody else out there with taste buds as messed up as mine.
I love mixing tuna with my cottage cheese! I normally throw in cherry tomatos, pepper and soy nuts too! YUM!!!

diamonddave

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticks
LOL. That's what all my friends say when i recommend it to them. I eat a can of tuna, and half cup of cottage cheese everyday. I know there's somebody else out there with taste buds as messed up as mine.

I love mixing tuna with my cottage cheese! I normally throw in cherry tomatos, pepper and soy nuts too! YUM!!!
Well, there you go Sticks. Someone with taste buds as messed up as yours. :eek:
You guys are nasty! :D

dd

serengo

Awards
Tasty Dessert

If you don't like straight cottage cheese (fat free of course), try mixing 1 cup cottage cheese, 1/2 cup sugar free lime jello, and 1/2 cup sugar free lime yogurt. Makes a great dessert! (whip the jello and yogurt together with a fork or whisk till it's frothy then mix)

Try different flavor combos

diamonddave

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Like I said before............

You guys are nasty

dd

Elizzard

Elizzard

Awards
One of my coworkers is a bodybuilder and I was telling him that I've been eating cottage cheese, and he said that it's not healthy - that when he's cutting he doesn't eat any dairy...is this true? I thought I was being super healthy by eating cottage cheese for my mid-morning snack.

hamper19

hamper19

The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
Awards
  • Established
One of my coworkers is a bodybuilder and I was telling him that I've been eating cottage cheese, and he said that it's not healthy - that when he's cutting he doesn't eat any dairy...is this true? I thought I was being super healthy by eating cottage cheese for my mid-morning snack.

does he know that dietary calcium helps burn burn fat?

karategirl

karategirl

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Last night I made curry cottage cheese.
Take curry paste and mix into the cheese, add a dash of splenda and voila!
Actually it was awsome, and it was the savory snack that I was looking for before bed.
If you like curry, you will love this!

hamper19

hamper19

The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
Awards
  • Established
"savory snack"...nice

on a side note, i recall overhearing on the news that they wanted to get rid of splenda or something? Anyone hear of this?

h19

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Anyone else want to add karma to Crystal because of her avatar? must......resist......the.....temptation..... haha.

Oh yeah and cottage cheese is good too ;).

What was the reason they gave you that it was bad.

Meljonesen

Awards
Wal-mart sells dairyland no fat cottage cheese, it's not salty at all. I find this to be the best. It really has no taste. Plus it's not runny.
Add a little 0% no fat fruit flavored yogurt. I also add some fresh berries and 2 tablespoons of ground up 100% bran cereal.
Sweet & Yummy. I could live on the stuff.
I've never eaten C.C. before trying this recipe.

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
He probably thinks the whopping 5g of sugar in each serving is horrible. Even though 5g is nothing, especially when eating it w/ all that protein. Not to mention that the sugar is lactose which is different from most sugars because it is actually low GI.

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
I know this has already been posted somewhere, but I tried mixing low sugar strawberry preserves w/ cottage cheese and it was really good. I didn't even use a blender, just stirred it up. It was a lot like strawberry yogurt.

keninishna

Awards
ok i tried the cottage cheese mixed with a can of chicken of the sea tuna ... i'm now convinced that you were playing a cruel joke on me because that was easily the most disgusting thing i've could imagine ever eating short of slurping down elephant crap

i think i may just give up on cottage cheese its not worth the near vomitting it always entails thanks for all the suggestions guys

glen
:icon_lol:

thats hardcore tuna+cottage cheese that would make even me nauseous and I can eat a large container in two nights. The funny thing is its probably great for bodybuidling. I thought cottage cheese was pretty bad at first it was just too plain for my taste but a little splenda works surprisingly well.

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
Hey Glen...

Blend your cottage cheese with vanilla, lemon juice and splenda. Tastes just like cheesecake!

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
wow totally forgot about this thread as its nearing 2 years old lol

cottage cheese isn't even a remote part of my diet any longer lol .. i do just fine without it :) hopefully this thread helped some others out though

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
wow totally forgot about this thread as its nearing 2 years old lol

cottage cheese isn't even a remote part of my diet any longer lol .. i do just fine without it :) hopefully this thread helped some others out though
Yah lol I noticed after I posted that the thread had been ressurected from the grave. There should be some sort of icon for really old threads in the thread list so when they get bumped you know it's old.

sirsmeghead

Awards
I grew up on this stuff so I love the taste of it. But I add a bit a chopped green onion and pepper. YUM YUM GOOD ! !

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
It is probably b/c dairy is known to cause bloat. If you are cutting, and you have a goal by which you want to be at a certain point you can cut out the dairy a few weeks before to eliminate the bloat. In terms of actual fat loss, CC is great.

The carbs in CC are low GI and I assume even lower in Glycemic Load b/c it is naturally low in carbs.

anapolack

Banned
Awards
try cottage cheese,applesauce,cinnamon & oatmeal......in mornings of course

Awards
davinci sugar free syrup. try this stuff in cottage cheese, i get it at wal-mart. coccunut extract and fat free whipcream is good with cc too.

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
Put it in the blender, whip it up until it gets like a creamy fluff. Then add some choco protein powder. Tastes like chocolate mousse. :)