cost effective bulking snacks

Joshinator

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What are some cost effective foods that i can get from walmart? like cliff bars or granola bars. Some pre made food items.

BarryScott

BarryScott

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Milk, tinned beans, pasteurised egg whites... Depends what you want to eat and how clean you want to stay.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
well there are quest bars...

I like 4 meat pizzas, blocks of cheese, bags of jerky...

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Egg whites. About 100g protein per carton for like $6. They taste like nothing. Can’t beat em. Jerky is great too.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
If you notice most snack foods the average obese person is eating are carb based and cooked in fat, all a bodybuilder needs to do is seek out the opposite. Because protein is the hardest macro to hit. No reason to snack on carbs, obesity proves that. If the average person swapped out all their snack foods for high protein snack foods, and then started lifting heavy, they’d actually be pretty far ahead in the game if they were already eating three calorically dense large meals per day otherwise.

Joshinator

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you notice most snack foods the average obese person is eating are carb based and cooked in fat, all a bodybuilder needs to do is seek out the opposite. Because protein is the hardest macro to hit. No reason to snack on carbs, obesity proves that. If the average person swapped out all their snack foods for high protein snack foods, and then started lifting heavy, they’d actually be pretty far ahead in the game if they were already eating three calorically dense large meals per day otherwise.
Totally agree

BarryScott

BarryScott

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I think some carb snacks can be ok, like oatcakes or a banana, providing you're balancing it out with your other macros at the end of the day.

But yeah, most snack food is refined carbs combined with processed vegetable oil. About the worst thing you can really eat for aesthetics and health.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What are some cost effective foods that i can get from walmart? like cliff bars or granola bars. Some pre made food items.
For bulking and at Walmart... Bananas, apples, oranges, orange juice, peanut butter, almonds, hardboiled eggs, protein powder, ramen noodles, granola bars, cliff bars, protein bars, canned tuna and chicken, rice cakes... really for bulking it’s all about calories but I would try to get as much protein as possible, that’s just me though. Really in a surplus you should be able to do a gram of protein per pound of lbm and the rest carbs and fats. For cuts I would keep the protein much higher.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Dollar stores are great for bulk items as well. I get jerky, pb and rice there.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer