Corticosteroids

losinggains

Awards
Hey everyone,
Its my first post so don't ban me for making a new topic lol. I have got 40mg corticosteroid injection on my keloids (google it).
Somehow I lost so much power in the gym after I started this injection. Did anyone take corticosteroids before ?
My question is that when can I recover my power. I hate dropping weights. I am currently eating 350-400g carbs, even that doesn't help my lifts.
Since the injection I lost my power and I can't even deadlift the weights I use to... How can I flush this cortisol out of my system ?

Thanks

napalm

napalm

Awards
I've had prolly 10 corticosteroid injections over the years. I've never had any issues after injection other than a little PIP.

This does not sound related to the injection at all...

losinggains

Awards
Its just that I felt really weird at the gym and also a little paranoid too lol. My max deadlift is 440 and today I had a real hard time with 396 which I can lift easily any time. I was doing a back workout and I struggled a lot on heavy sets which is happening for the first time in my life. I felt like I increased the weight by 50 pounds or so but it was the same weight that I lifted last 2 years. I had the injection yesterday. I hope this muscle weakness side effect will go asap, because I don't want to drop weights.

SquatsAndOats

Awards
I've had plenty of cortisone injections too. The one thing they can do is lower your immune response. You may be getting sick.

losinggains

Awards
I've had plenty of cortisone injections too. The one thing they can do is lower your immune response. You may be getting sick.
Should I be worried about muscle weaknesses or it will recover in time ? In google it says that as side effects there is muscle weakness, but it doesnt say if it will go away or for how long.

SquatsAndOats

Awards
It's not permanent afaik. Cortisol is a hormone naturally found in the body that you release in times of stress.

made2last

Awards
cortisone Messes With your glucose levels, does Diabetes run in your family? Other than that there should be no issues at all, Unless you got some contaminated stuff, or your allergic.

made2last

Awards
Honestly, I'd look elsewhere for your problems with losing strength.

losinggains

Awards
cortisone Messes With your glucose levels, does Diabetes run in your family? Other than that there should be no issues at all, Unless you got some contaminated stuff, or your allergic.
We don't have diabetes issues. My family is really healthy and into sports. I read on sites that I should eat high in protein and calcium. However they say eat low carbs, but I'm eating 350g a day lol. Somethings wrong, but Idk what. I hope it will be better this week.

SquatsAndOats

Awards
My bet is that it lowered your immune response and you've got a bug or cold or cough coming on

losinggains

Awards
We ll see if its coming on. But lowered immune system means that I should lose my strength ? I know when you are sick you won't be able to lift as you use to. What if you are sick without being sick so you lose your strength lol.

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
We ll see if its coming on. But lowered immune system means that I should lose my strength ? I know when you are sick you won't be able to lift as you use to. What if you are sick without being sick so you lose your strength lol.
I wouldn't worry too much about a few bad days. Plus you just recently had the injection. Everyone has an off days once in a while, plus the mind can play tricks on the body when something new is in the mix. Kind of like a negative placebo effect. You're probably so paranoid about losing strength that you inadvertently psyched yourself out is my guess. Get some good rest and give it hell in a day or two. Hope it works out.