Corona virus

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Whos job /business got effected by the virus ?

Go

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ok, I'll start.

I know yours has for sure on a very personal level with regard to food services, much like others.
The smaller owned business will suffer the most I should think, but that may be using faulty logic.
(It's all really going to be bad.)

I work for a very large company that has closed it's doors globally, and am quite fortunate they are
paying me to sit on my bum so-to-speak, though I do have other outside work duties I can perform
during this down time. We have a large online partner in sales and support that is localized in each
community from home.

Has the business been impacted?
We won't know for sure until the doors open again and then data is shared (maybe).

My wife is in healthcare, and her life has been more affected by this than anyone I know, along with
all healthcare workers. She has expressed great angst about going to work, and the lack of proper
equipment. Tie that to all the deaths related to being a healthcare worker with Covid-19 and it is a
quite valid feeling and concern.

We've had friends make her masks and mail them to her which is incredible, but she has yet to test
them in the field, if she's given permission by the hospital to do so. It's not policy; and she's heard
stories of masks being confiscated from them.

She has an underlying issue with asthma which has me worried for her, because I know, as people
become sick at work, she will be floated to other locations due to her skillset.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Both my wife and I are unemployed due to this. We were both working as servers here in south Florida. Luckily for us unemployment is a whopping $275 a week here!
you are about to get a $600 weekly 'bonus'....!!!!

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Everyone in my office is working from home except for me. I have to stay at the office to put out fires.

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
you are about to get a $600 weekly 'bonus'....!!!!
We’ll see about that, I can’t even get in touch with unemployment to begin with. There was a problem while I was filing and now I need to speak to someone but no one answers the phone of course and I’ve gotten one generic reply from email. I have no faith in anything having to do with compensation at this point.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
We’ll see about that, I can’t even get in touch with unemployment to begin with. There was a problem while I was filing and now I need to speak to someone but no one answers the phone of course and I’ve gotten one generic reply from email. I have no faith in anything having to do with compensation at this point.
as a employer they seem to be more responsive to me than my employees who are on unemployment...ask your employer to intercede on your behalf....hope this helps-GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS!!!

boooosted

boooosted

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
as a employer they seem to be more responsive to me than my employees who are on unemployment...ask your employer to intercede on your behalf....hope this helps-GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS!!!
Every number I call seems to lead to options for filing and following up with claims. I'm trying to contact them about employees filing and no one will call back, can't get a real person to talk to, and they tell me to go online for all info but it's not there. I filled out a form and they said they would email me contact info and I never got an email. Seems like I'm stuck in limbo for whoever knows how long.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Every number I call seems to lead to options for filing and following up with claims. I'm trying to contact them about employees filing and no one will call back, can't get a real person to talk to, and they tell me to go online for all info but it's not there. I filled out a form and they said they would email me contact info and I never got an email. Seems like I'm stuck in limbo for whoever knows how long.
My man. My heart goes out to you. I wonder when that stimulus check will be deposited. My wife asked me just that this morning as it's direct deposit. I hope it gets to you soon so at least buys some time for the unemployment.

Good luck to you.

boooosted

boooosted

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My man. My heart goes out to you. I wonder when that stimulus check will be deposited. My wife asked me just that this morning as it's direct deposit. I hope it gets to you soon so at least buys some time for the unemployment.

Good luck to you.
It's not me I'm actually still working. It's my employees that are trying for unemployment for reduced hours. The DUS needs info from me I just can't get it to them. One of them out down the wrong info to start with which is causing problems.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My bakery was effected . I went from 6 shops to 2 shops .

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
My 2 gyms are closed due to this so I’m home answering calls to the gyms and emails and stuff. Honestly, it’s nice for us as a family. We’re making the most of it.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Bummer

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
It's not me I'm actually still working. It's my employees that are trying for unemployment for reduced hours. The DUS needs info from me I just can't get it to them. One of them out down the wrong info to start with which is causing problems.
here in Indiana there are 2 different options...1 for employees and another for employer's..my employees can't get a response but they answer my emails...I spent almost the entire day yesterday resolving employee issues. I hope everything is good to go for them--that extra $600 would really be helpful for them.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh look, almost a year later.

I’m still going into the office while 98% of the crew works from home. It’ll probably be another 4-6 months before 50% comes back.