Cordyceps negative interaction with forskolin/fadogia?

test112

Awards
  • Established
Hi all, first time poster.

Not sure if this has been covered before, but seeing as I enjoy using both forskolin and cordyceps, I found the following study quoted on examine.com:

Regulatory mechanism of Cordyceps sinensis mycelium on mouse Leydig cell steroidogenesis.

AuthorsHsu CC, et al. Show all Journal
FEBS Lett. 2003 May 22;543(1-3):140-3.

Affiliation
Abstract
We demonstrate the mechanism by which Cordyceps sinensis (CS) mycelium regulates Leydig cell steroidogenesis. Mouse Leydig cells were treated with forskolin, H89, phorbol 12-myristate 13-acetate, staurosporine, or steroidogenic enzyme precursors with or without 3 mg/ml CS; then testosterone production was determined. H89, but not phorbol 12-myristate 13-acetate or staurosporine, decreased CS-treated Leydig cell steroidogenesis. CS inhibited Leydig cell steroidogenesis by suppressing the activity of P450scc enzyme, but not 3beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase, 17alpha-hydroxylase, 20alpha-hydroxylase, or 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase enzymes. Thus, CS activated the cAMP-protein kinase A signal pathway, but not protein kinase C, and attenuated P45scc enzyme activity to reduce human chorionic gonadotropin-stimulated steroidogenesis in purified mouse Leydig cells.
(Abstract only; no access to the full article)

Not that Examine is always a perfect source, but the article does mention that the inhibition by cordyceps happens with both forskolin- and HCG-stimulated test production.

I understand that fadogia agrestis may act somewhat similarly to HCG - but I may be wrong. But if so, could this be another potential negative interaction?

Are either of these interactions an issue in practice?

Keen to get people's thoughts.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
If I'm reading this correctly, cordyceps promoted PKA activity, which means it would synergize with forskolin for elevating T.

test112

Awards
  • Established
If I'm reading this correctly, cordyceps promoted PKA activity, which means it would synergize with forskolin for elevating T.
Thanks for your reply.

The quoted research papers (I can't post the links as I'm a n00b) seem to suggest that cordyceps inhibits p450scc, despite stimulating PKA, leading to a suppression of what would otherwise be an increase from the forskolin. (That's just my amateurish take on it).

Not many details of how or why HCG- stimulated test production is inhibited; just reporting that it occurs.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I've been wondering this as well...

test112

Awards
  • Established
Alright one more bump on this.

Currently using T-Force, Cordygen5 and forskolin stacked (amongst a few other things).

Very keen to get some more opinions.

migsacura

migsacura

Awards
Bumping old thread because of the same Examine article I read, Currently taking pre-workout Quake 10.0 which contains Cordyceps. Plan on stacking it with Alphamax XT that contains Forskolin and possibly adding more Forskolin. Anyone take Alphamax XT/Forskolin with Cordyceps that can comment?