Controlled Labs Gutbac Log. Journey to getting my gut back

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
First off, thank you to @Hyde and controlled Labs for choosing me as a logger. I truly appreciate it and am thankful for allowing me to test this new product. It’s an honor and hopefully my member status becomes even more noticed and respected.

I’ll be logging very frequently. I’ve had digestion issues a good portion of my life due to stress and some other personal issues. Mainly IBS, acid reflux, indigestion and delayed motility. Too much information? 😂. Got to be honest. It’s recently been somewhat improved but it cycles. I did a Men’s Physique show this summer and started a carnivore/keto style diet and at first, it helped, but than I added a little more freedom with veggies, protein powder and it flared again.

I currently follow an IF/Warrior/OMAD/Carnivore hybrid. This helps but the large meal can be hard to digest sometimes. I’m hoping this supplement helps. Pretty sure my friend @booneman77 follows a similar protocol

I’ll be logging today to see how my meal digest after a dose. Stay tuned.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Very glad we got you a bottle; will be very interesting to see if your sensitive gut likes this product and if it helps out - here’s hoping things only get better with Gutbac on board!

muree

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
subbed. I suffer from pretty much the same symptoms and interested to see your results. goodluck.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
IN on this!

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Very glad we got you a bottle; will be very interesting to see if your sensitive gut likes this product and if it helps out - here’s hoping things only get better with Gutbac on board!
ThanksHYDE

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Took 1 capsule 20 mins before my meal yesterday and immediately felt my stomach almost tingling. I was more hungry and woke up this morning feeling like my abdomen is more empty than usual. So far so good.

muree

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Man aren’t they just the worse thing ever?
They definitely are at the top :). reducing portion sizes and avoiding gluten have helped a bit but have not completely eliminated the issues. The energy loss accompanying IBS is another downer. glad to see this is working out so far for you. some hope.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
They definitely are at the top :). reducing portion sizes and avoiding gluten have helped a bit but have not completely eliminated the issues. The energy loss accompanying IBS is another downer. glad to see this is working out so far for you. some hope.
Yeah definitely can’t do any gluten or wheat. Some meat and poultry really effects me too. I’ve noticed white fish to be the best. A lot of fiber is to be avoided as well

Ibs lethargy is so real. **** kills me. When my ibs symptoms are better, my energy is sky high

_Endure_

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Gut issues in general cause lethargy, mental fog, irritability and host of things and yes it isn't fun. It's tied to everything much like your brain is. It can be downright crippling at times. You are basically building up toxins in your body because it's not processing through correctly. Agreed when those symptoms pass it's like being a new person.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Gut issues in general cause lethargy, mental fog, irritability and host of things and yes it isn't fun. It's tied to everything much like your brain is. It can be downright crippling at times. You are basically building up toxins in your body because it's not processing through correctly. Agreed when those symptoms pass it's like being a new person.
Yes man and I’ve been dealing with these issues for a long time. I’m sure you all have as well. I do believe it’s hormonal and due to low androgens personally and some other things, but regardless , seems like a lot of people are suffering. Ruins my life but God will help me through

Been hungry all day, so hopefully the gutbac helped get my gut moving. Glad to say that.

Hope you all have an amazing sunday. God Bless

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Do you mean white fish is easy on your gut or a bad choice for you?
Yeah just white fish really. Can’t eat many carbs or fiber.

I suffer hormonal issues which could be another culprit. I’ve read low androgens can irritate IBS hence why females tend to have more gut issues.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yesterday , woke up with usual symptoms but I carbed up for Sunday.

Today and yesterday after taking a cap I still feel hungry which is great. Noticing slight speed of my digestion. Stomach definitely feels less bloated

I think my digestion issues are hormonally related though. Been reading research articles and seems like when prolactin, progesterone, estrogen, etc are out of whack with androgens, it causes ibs. I think mine has something to do with secondary hypogonadism

Last edited:

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
But I like gutbac. Really helping my appetite so far

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Another update - Stomach is honestly feeling better. Almost feels like I’m resetting my digestion and my hunger is returning. If you have a trouble eating or just feeling an appetite, this supplement is great. It’s only day 4, which is awesome.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Still feels as though my stomach is “resetting” itself. Been waking feeling light, still with a better appetite and I’m handling carbohydrates a lot better. It’s got everything moving pretty well too. Usually I’d have more gas during the day and such but I’ve noticed that being less too lmao.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Man I am very glad it’s been so good to you so far
Thanks Hyde! It’s definitely doing something and I want to try more controlled Labs products now.

Going to see a Dr soon as well about my other issues so will keep this log updated on that.

I’m handling carbs again especially ones which always gave me issues. I could never eat potatoes , but for the past week I’ve been able to incorporate them

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like you are doing pretty well. I would also look into Low FODMAP foods, or avoiding high FODMAP foods when possible. Some big ones that are often overlooked are onions and garlic, both are VERY high in FODMAP. A lot of people don't like cooking without garlic but you can make garlic infused oil to get around it. As long as not eating the meat/pulp of them you don't get the FODMAPS. Stan Efferding has a diet plan called the vertical diet that is low fodmap for bodybuilders basically. Gives a relatively easy plan to follow that you can easily tweak for personal preferences, but he is huge about making sure the foods he eats / recommends are easy on digestion and inflammation.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
White rice like Jasmine is a really easy to digest carb for me. To a lesser extent, cream of rice also serves me well pre-training. Or white toast and whole eggs

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
White rice like Jasmine is a really easy to digest carb for me. To a lesser extent, cream of rice also serves me well pre-training. Or white toast and whole eggs
I like cream of rice , but rice can cause me an acid reflux feeling, hard to explain

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Sounds like you are doing pretty well. I would also look into Low FODMAP foods, or avoiding high FODMAP foods when possible. Some big ones that are often overlooked are onions and garlic, both are VERY high in FODMAP. A lot of people don't like cooking without garlic but you can make garlic infused oil to get around it. As long as not eating the meat/pulp of them you don't get the FODMAPS. Stan Efferding has a diet plan called the vertical diet that is low fodmap for bodybuilders basically. Gives a relatively easy plan to follow that you can easily tweak for personal preferences, but he is huge about making sure the foods he eats / recommends are easy on digestion and inflammation.
Yes sir, I’ve been looking into this. I did the carnivore for a bit and that seemed to really help reset myself. I still need to incorporate more red meat and may try rice again as Hyde recommended. Just gets expensive.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thanks for the help brothers. Seems as though my best foods are egg whites, chicken breast, white fish and a variety of different types, chicken thigh, leafy greens such as spinach and arugula, strawberries, banana and sweet potato. I have a very hard time digesting fats too. The gut bac helped with that too , though. I’ll still consume almond milk but limit that, use it more as a “condiment” almost.

Was using avocados but I’m definitely allergic to that, lol.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the help brothers. Seems as though my best foods are egg whites, chicken breast, white fish and a variety of different types, chicken thigh, leafy greens such as spinach and arugula, strawberries, banana and sweet potato. I have a very hard time digesting fats too. The gut bac helped with that too , though. I’ll still consume almond milk but limit that, use it more as a “condiment” almost.

Was using avocados but I’m definitely allergic to that, lol.
Well, it sounds like you have a great idea of what does and doesn’t work well for you right now at least.

How do you do with white bread? Greg Doucette promotes it with his egg whites for French toast every day (he follows a high protein/mod carb/low fat plan).

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Update- Sorry for not keeping up this week. Life has been very stressful! Emotionally and physically it’s be tough.

Gutbac has really gotten things moving. My bm are much easier to pass now. Have noticed less gas too. Sometimes digestive enzymes cause me an indigestion feeling if I use them long enough. Just something to note I’ve been feeling with gutbac unfortunately

Also , another thing to mention is that I recently took it with my pre workout meal and wtf?I noticed a better pump in the gym. Not like an NO pump but a fullness . Possibly a GDA effect 🤔?

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Well, it sounds like you have a great idea of what does and doesn’t work well for you right now at least.

How do you do with white bread? Greg Doucette promotes it with his egg whites for French toast every day (he follows a high protein/mod carb/low fat plan).
Yeah, I need to go back to white bread. Ever since getting into fitness, most people cut it but it seems like it digest easy af. I’m going to make that

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Strange about the preWO use helping pumps - definitely something to try with other body parts and see if it was a fluke or really changing things!

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Strange about the preWO use helping pumps - definitely something to try with other body parts and see if it was a fluke or really changing things!
Could have been a fluke honestly. I haven’t taken it pre since then but I may try it again tomorrow to test. Maybe just being able to digest more efficiently = less blood in the stomach and more blood in the muscles. That’s why fasted training is awesome, or just a light meal.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
So what is this? Day 18. So far so good. We have 13 days left of the serving of gutbac.

So far what I’ve noticed:
- Huge increase in appetite which balances out. I believe when your digestion starts to heal , your body finally wants to eat!
- easier to pass BM lmao
- Less gas lmao
- indigestion sometimes but that’s from digestive enzymes and this is a personal thing I notice from ALL digestive enzymes

- I am literally handling starchy carbs better than ever which is a huge plus

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Really appreciate CL and @Hyde for letting me log. This is fun

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good stuff man, sounds like you are really getting some nice benefits from this.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Good stuff man, sounds like you are really getting some nice benefits from this.
Yes sir I definitely have been. My digestion still isn’t perfect but gutbac provided relief and definitely made a great change. The probiotic blend was quality 👍