Contest prep log

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
What’s up guys.

Some of you know me already I used to be active in here but I plan on being more active again.
I’m starting a 12 week prep for an NPC Classic Physique show. This will be my first show if I go through with it which is still 50/50 at the moment, basically I just did a PL meet and randomly looked up the NPC calendar and there just happens to be a meet 5 minutes away from me in 13 weeks so I figured why not give it a try.
Background on me - I’ve been lifting about 5 years now and always been consistent. It was always bodybuilding oriented until last December where I said “I’m somewhat strong let me try powerlifting” and signed up for a meet this Feb and had a lot of fun so I did another one just this past Saturday and while I like competing in PL I wanted to go back to bodybuilding type workouts and that’s why I even looked it up.
Stats- 5’10 currently sitting at 218 in the morning and somewhat leanish for this weight for me (maybe 12-15%). My coach thinks I should go down to 187 but for now the goal is 197 around 3-4 weeks out and asses from there because last year I did a serious cut where I got down to 7% and I was sitting at 205 so I don’t believe I’d have to get 20 lbs less than that.
Supplements- The good stuff
First 4 weeks ECA followed by clen (PRE) 2 weeks on 2 weeks off
(PRE) GW 20 all 12 weeks
TD bold 50mg/ml 1-2 mls a day
I also have osta , hexadrone and S23 from pre and plenty of Mithras and Halodrol sitting around I might incorporate some of that stuff in but just have no set plans yet.
Diet- for the past 6 weeks I’ve been at 3200-3500 calories and have only gained a lb or two , I normally go down very slow but I’m going to jump down to 2600 starting Sunday and stay there as long as I keep losing weight on that a minimum of 1lb a week. Break down will be 250pro 265 carbs 60 fats
Protein - egg whites , chicken , beef/fish, 1-2 scoops of powder max
Carbs - bagel, oatmeal, pasta (my body responds to this well)
Fats - coconut oil, nuts , maybe some PB
Training- not too sure yet
Cardio- 3 days HIIT high incline treadmill or stairs will start at 10 minutes/day and ramp up to 60 minutes adding 5-10 per week. 3 days will be fast paced sprints 15 sets minimum 25 minutes .

That’s it feel free to ask whatever !

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
Also , for those that don’t know I rep for VL Agreda10 and Enhanced Formulations Alpha30 so buy some sh1t and use my codes lol

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
Prep really starts on Sunday but got a jump on the leg day workout
Squats
405x4
365x8
315x10
Leg presses
3 sets 8 wide then 8 close
Leg extensions
3x10 dropset 12
Lying leg curls
3x15
Back extensions
3x10 very slow
RDL
3x12
Hip machine supersets
3x20/20

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
Got some arm work in yesterday and resting today. Tomorrow should be first Push day

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
Deads rows and weighted pull ups yesterday for power pull day
Bench incline shoulder press and triceps for today’s power push. Feeling pretty good and down to 213.3 already .
Clen came in today so think I’m going to start with that and keep switching back and forth between that and ECA every 2 weeks.
GW and bold base starting today as well .

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
Yesterday was legs that went smoothly. Really good pull workout today. 20 sets in under 45 minutes . Crazy pump and waking up at 211 already, musta dropped that water quick AF . If it doesn’t slow down some I’ll bring cals back up some

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
Everything is moving in the right direction. Woke up twice at 210 so I upped my cals by 100 just to slow down a bit and still feeling good. Going for a lower carb day today probably around 150 max mostly cuz I only did cardio . Workouts are still holding strong too so everything is moving like clockwork

Badbeach

Badbeach

Awards
On your two weeks off you’re using GW? I would suggest running GW 4 weeks out because eventually your body will build tolerance to it, it happened to me at 3 weeks and I’m a female.

Last edited:
Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
On your two weeks off you’re using GW? I would suggest running GW 4 weeks out because eventually your body will build tolerance to it, it happened to me at 3 weeks and I’m a female.
Thanks , I actually dropped it for 2 weeks now and gunna add it back in in a few. I love GW thou I’ve always seen success from it . Usually run it 4-8 weeks and haven’t had that happen yet i believe

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
Quick update. Diets been on point lately. Morning cardio 5/7 days 45-60 minutes. Lifting 5/7 days and the 2 days I don’t lift I hit a second cardio session , so basically I’m in the gym twice a day every day and it’s starting to lay off. I’m keeping my size and finally getting leaner . Posing 20 minutes a day is helping as well
IMG_4397.JPG
this was last night after my workout. Don’t know how I’ll be in 7 weeks but I’m grinding till then

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
IMG_4439.JPG
E17114E3-E08C-4A5D-B823-E307788C5F65.jpg

It’s been 4 weeks between those two so I think in the time I got left I’ll be able to do some serious damage. Think/hope cuz if I even think about not showing up looking like **** I’ll need to to stay focused

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
Had a crazy shoulder day today. Pump was really good . 18 sets of shoulders 6 arm supersets and 6 ab supersets in 75 minutes. I’m doing “keto” this week to see how I respond to no carbs . 11 eggs and 18 oz of sirloin a day with avocado and veggies all day. Should be a fun time . I’m waking up leaner and leaner thou. Did my 2 no carb days and a little higher carb yesterday for quads and still woke up at 204 today

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just found this, in! Looking straight nasty already man, props. End result is gonna be unreal.

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
IMG_4645.JPG
Lot

Little back shot from posing this morning . Left I was 218 in the first week of prep right was 204. Lighting was on point lol but still helping me feel like I’m improving

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
Surprisingly not feeling sluggish from doing no carbs . I’m feeling very lean in the mornings but not so much towards the end of the day, mostly a bloated feeling but it’s cool . Workouts haven’t suffered at all either which is great . 20 minute posing sessions once to twice a day are helping and my posing is improving but I’m far from happy with it so I’ll be setting up sessions with my coach to work on it and really bring it together. That said, I am actually impressing myself with my mandatory classic poses , the regular physique poses on the other hand... trash so that’s somewhat concerning .

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
Week of no carbs wasn’t too bad. Main thing g was by meal 4 or 5 id always feel very full and nasty it was strange. Yesterday coach had me drink 2.5 gallons and today have a higher carb day with a cheat meal for breakfast followed by 1 hour of posing. Getting that much water in felt easy when I was at 1.5 gal by 1 pm but then every bottle started getting thougher and by the end of the day I felt like an overstuffed water balloon and after bottle 15 every sip of water made me feel like I was going to puke ... not fun lol. All good thou cuz today started with pancakes eggs and bacon , chipotle for lunch and steak and oatmeal will be meal 6 so I’ve enjoyed today. Plus had an awesome back and ham workout thanks to the extra carbs. Everything is going smooth and coach even said I am actually in better shape than he thought . Officially 5 weeks out so time to grind even harder and keep digging , back to no carbs tomorrow just until Thursday though then st should be adding some carbs back in

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
View attachment 186947View attachment 186948View attachment 186949

Some posing shots. Just had a mental breakdown after spending 45 minutes posing and going back and forth telling myself “wow that looks great... no it’s trash you’re trash just quit” (lol gotta love the mindfuck) would appreciate some tough feedback no BS from any of the gents following along . 4 weeks out , I have a feeling I’m not far along enough but we’ll see what happens
Fuk the mindfuk. Keep grinding. I dunno if it’s the angle but your hammys/quads lookin like Xmas hams! Definitely blowing up all around man. Good work happening here.

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
Fuk the mindfuk. Keep grinding. I dunno if it’s the angle but your hammys/quads lookin like Xmas hams! Definitely blowing up all around man. Good work happening here.
Thanks brother! My legs is what I’m the proudest of! Definitely partial posing:lighting but I’m glad for the good feedback!

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Plans for back to powerlifting routine after show?

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
View attachment 186947View attachment 186948View attachment 186949

Some posing shots. Just had a mental breakdown after spending 45 minutes posing and going back and forth telling myself “wow that looks great... no it’s trash you’re trash just quit” (lol gotta love the mindfuck) would appreciate some tough feedback no BS from any of the gents following along . 4 weeks out , I have a feeling I’m not far along enough but we’ll see what happens
Following along now. Looking good at 4 weeks out. I'd say you need to work on your side chest pose, bring that chest up and keep arm more parallel when you flex the bicep. I'm no posing expert, never competed. But just going by what I see from following other bodybuilders.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Looking good but you are gonna have to kill it to shred up the rest of the way if wanting to be diced. Definitely doable plus if a local regional show then yeah 4 weeks could make you a winner it really all depends on who shows up and what condition they come in. A lot of regional shows can be won at 6%. I thing you can beat that. Either way I see no reason you can't come in looking great on stage if you stay the course and have a successful peak week!

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
Following along now. Looking good at 4 weeks out. I'd say you need to work on your side chest pose, bring that chest up and keep arm more parallel when you flex the bicep. I'm no posing expert, never competed. But just going by what I see from following other bodybuilders.
Thanks man! Appreciate it

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
Looking good but you are gonna have to kill it to shred up the rest of the way if wanting to be diced. Definitely doable plus if a local regional show then yeah 4 weeks could make you a winner it really all depends on who shows up and what condition they come in. A lot of regional shows can be won at 6%. I thing you can beat that. Either way I see no reason you can't come in looking great on stage if you stay the course and have a successful peak week!
Definitely grinding man, not sure how I’ll look but I’m gunna bust my ass the rest of the way!

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
Two weeks out. Grinding tryna get it . I still got a long way to go thou so I will also be doing another show dec 14th with big goals for that one. 201.2 in the morning and constantly being told I’m still looking bigger , haven’t been under 205 in over 2 years lol feels crazy

Last edited: