Contest Prep begins!!!

ryanbodybuilder

Awards
  • Established
how about 5g of vitamin b5? that and tanning should be perfect, along with regular use of oxy pads on your back...you look great man...goodluck!

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
B5? I'll have to look into that. Should it be spread out throughout the day or all at once?

Hmm, judging from the amount in each cap, I think it would have to be spread out. I guess 1g with the first 5 meals would work.

EDIT:
I looked up some info and many say 10g is recommended for moderate acne. The acne on my upper back is very very bad. I would say possibly borderline severe. I'll try 10g a day for 2 months and follow up with 5g a day. There appear to be a ton of positive results with this stuff even though there is only 1 study on it and that study was not controlled and had little scientific merit (the hypothesis had the false assumption that exogenous androgens don't increase acne, and the results contained very subjective language).

So looks like I'm now shopping for B5.

Last edited:

Hankes64

Awards
Hey Null try using proactive body wash. I know its hyped up from a lot of celebs but it did work for me and I get it bad all over my chest. It even helped get rid of some of my skin funk from wrestling my senior year.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hey Null try using proactive body wash. I know its hyped up from a lot of celebs but it did work for me and I get it bad all over my chest. It even helped get rid of some of my skin funk from wrestling my senior year.
Bah, proactive :rolleyes:

I love how they show Jessica Simpson touting it like it cured her acne. Meanwhile in an interview she was asked specifically at one point how she got rid of her acne and she said it didn't clear up until she went on Accutane.

I'll go with the B5 for now.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Some update...

Before I discovered the magic of Kraft fat free shredded cheese (9g protein, 2g carb, no sugar, 0 fat), broccoli became unbearable. However, now that I've got the cheese, I'll be putting broccoli back into my diet.

Additionally, going from advice from guys over at Outlaw, I'm going to cut down a bit on the protein powder and add in more whole food. I'm thinking tuna may come in very handy here.

I have to do some math to find a way to increase whole food input though without disrupting my macro ratio too much. From what I've read, it seems that it is a better idea to keep most carbs in the morning, and try to cut off carbs completely or near completely at night. Logically to me it makes sense since in the morning your glycogen is depleted and if you don't intake carbs glucogenesis will start up and you'll start eating into muscle. However as the day goes on, especially if the day is relatively sedentary you're burning almost entirely fat anyway.

So I'm thinking I should replace the 8AM protein shake with something that has more carbs. My idea is 1 can of light tuna, some fat free cheese, and a packet of grits. Good complex carbs, lean protein, almost no fat (the fat I do get will be from the tuna; i.e. good fat). That's more carbs than before though so I'll have to take some carbs off of somwhere else. I'm think I'll take them off of 11AM. I'll drop the wild rice at 11AM and put in broccoli (and fat free cheese, I love that stuff).

2PM I'm not sure what to do.

5PM is pre-workout, so I have to have some carbs or my workout will eat into muscle tissue too much I think. If I'm wrong here, please someone chime in. So 5PM meal will stay the same; chicken and wild rice. I may decrease rice content and add in some more broccoli here.

Post workout (~7:00-7:30 or so) will definitely be a shake still. I want to keep carbs and fat to a minimum and make protein high.

Oh and my weight this morning was 189.

Hankes64

Awards
Yeah thats a lot of whey. Use tuna, its 30 cents a can here. For morning use something like Farina for breakfast for your carbs, its good, cheap and fast. Grits are nasty man. I'd also say cut off all carbs at 2PM, if you cut them off early in the day you will be wiped out and lethargic. So far Ive lost 7lbs in 18days just by eating like this (still have same size arms, legs and chest but a noticeably smaller waist)

6am- 6tbsp Farina and 2 scoops whey
Preworkout (time varies)-1 slice of bread and 1 can of tuna
Postworkout-2 scoops whey
1 hour after PWO-2 slices whole wheat bread again with a can of tuna
4 or 5PM-1 chicken breast with 1 cup oatmeal
8PM-1 chicken breast

2350 cals a day roughly.

This is what worked for me atleast. I also wouldnt rely on times, schedule when and how you eat around workouts and such, otherwise it will make you go crazy thinking of times.

My 2 cents take it for what its worth

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I love grits too!!! instant or the long way over the stove?

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I love grits too!!! instant or the long way over the stove?
You have to ask? Look at my schedule and tell me if I have the time to slave over a stove?
:icon_lol:

I prefer the stove kind, but instant is all I can manage.

Besides, Ronnie Coleman loves grits therefore I love grits.

Ronnie's breakfast: 3 packets instant grits, 2 slices fat free cheese, 12 egg whites. Mmmm.

I really need to find out where I can get ahold of bulk quantities of egg white in a container. Egg Beaters and their immitations are too expensive and only come in quarts.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
http://www.egg-whites.com/
that should help my man...

ANd oh yes i have watched Ronnie eat his grits time and time again on cost of redemption
I am checking out that link. Am I reading their prices correctly? They charge approx $10 for ONE dozen egg whites???

CROWLER

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I am checking out that link. Am I reading their prices correctly? They charge approx $10 for ONE dozen egg whites???

CROWLER
They say 1 ounce = 1.25 egg whites

So 8 ounces = 10 egg whites

There are 32 8 ounce portions in 2 gallons. That means 320 eggs. That's more than 26 dozen eggs. The price is $56. It's like $2.10 per dozen egg whites.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
After looking over my pics I realise now just how much more I have to go before I reach my goal. I'll be going on ECA for a week, or so and then switching over to Clen + Keto. I hate the cramps I get on clen, but that's just one more sacrifice I'll have to make. I'll just have to make sure to up the Potassium intake. About 300-400mgs with every meal should keep the cramps at bay.
I have heard of potassium for regular muscle craps but never to get rid of Clen cramps.

I have however heard using taurine for Clen cramps.

CROWLER

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Def alil pricey, but for the conviencie, taste, and safety, you cannot beat it. Had a chance to check them out at the Chicago Fit expo, they had samples with bannana whey and just the egg whites -it was goood !!! I cant order because i have no deep freezer or enough freezer space.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I have heard of potassium for regular muscle craps but never to get rid of Clen cramps.

I have however heard using taurine for Clen cramps.

CROWLER
Taurine does nada for me as far as clen goes. It makes sense since muscle cramps are caused by electrolyte imbalance. Clen drains you of potassium. Supposedly it drains Taurine somewhat as well, but as I said, Taurine doesn't have effect on electrolyte and those no effect on cramps.

I think it was Bobo who said that the whole supplementing Taurine to get rid of cramps was a myth. I'll check up on it again though, see if I can find something in a search.

Hankes64

Awards
Null whats stopping you from seeing a dietician? I decided to work with a dietician before I started cutting to get the most efficiency out of my foods. I dont have to pay tho because hes one of my friends and hes 1 semester away from graduating.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Null whats stopping you from seeing a dietician? I decided to work with a dietician before I started cutting to get the most efficiency out of my foods. I dont have to pay tho because hes one of my friends and hes 1 semester away from graduating.
What do you feel Nullifidian is doing wrong or needs adjusting? From what I see, he's doing everything right. Yes he has acne and yes his coundown to contest looks tight, but other than that, I don't see what a dietetician would do for him that the experienced bodybuilders on this board can't. Actually a lot of competitive bodybuilders know much much more about nutrition than ho-hum dieteticians.

Hankes64

Awards
What do you feel Nullifidian is doing wrong or needs adjusting? From what I see, he's doing everything right. Yes he has acne and yes his coundown to contest looks tight, but other than that, I don't see what a dietetician would do for him that the experienced bodybuilders on this board can't. Actually a lot of competitive bodybuilders know much much more about nutrition than ho-hum dieteticians.
Where did I say anything negative? I didn't at all. He has a few questions about his diet and I asked him a very valid question. I like to get a concensus of opinions or atleast close to before I attempt something detrimental like i did last year. He mentioned his acne and I asked him about accutane, I assumed Null knows a buttload more about accutane than I did and I got good feedback from him. I'm not saying anything is wrong, I asked him a question. Matter of fact Null gave me a basis of my diet then had a student dietician (hes a BBer) to help me revise it. I'm not saying I know everything, thats why i ask for help and or opinions.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hey hey, everyone cool down a bit. I value everyone's opinion. I don't guarantee I'll follow what everyone says, but I certainly value everyone's input.

As for dietition, I would see one if I hadn't just bought a house. So my funds for this contest are going towards what I see as an absolute necessity. Food, certain supplements, certain chems, tanning, and not much else.

Hankes64

Awards
Hey hey, everyone cool down a bit. I value everyone's opinion. I don't guarantee I'll follow what everyone says, but I certainly value everyone's input.

As for dietition, I would see one if I hadn't just bought a house. So my funds for this contest are going towards what I see as an absolute necessity. Food, certain supplements, certain chems, tanning, and not much else.
I always forget that you just bought a house. I'm actually looking forward to see what you look like at comp, be very interesting and if you nail all the poses then I think you have a chance at doing well in your weight class.

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Besides, Ronnie Coleman loves grits therefore I love grits.
Sorry to go slightly off topic, but what exactly is a "grit" anyhow? I'm from North of the border in Canada, where a grit is another name for a liberal politician. Is this some kind of potato product, or something else altogether?

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Truthfully I have no damn idea what a grit is, i just eat it and it tastes good - sad, so sad

Hankes64

Awards
Yup its fried corn then put into a package, the southern bells around here swear by the stuff

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Forgot to post about my leg workout on Saturday. I know I normally don't post many workout results, but this one I was happy about.

I got sick of training just my left leg, and I wanted to push some serious weight again, even if just for one exercise.

Before my cut, when I was at my heaviest, 225 or so, in squat I managed to get 500 pounds for 2 reps, and 455 for 6. I'm 187 (I think probably 188 on Saturday) now. I warmed up with 135, and then 225. My first "working" set was 315 for 15. Then I upped it to 405 and managed 10. I was a bit winded but felt like I could manage more. So I loaded up 455 and asked for someone to spot me. I was expecting like 2 reps at most, but after my second rep, I felt like I could keep going. So I did. And got another 6 reps! Then I racked the bar and blacked out. My vision tunneled, then fade to black and I went to a knee. Snapped out of it maybe 30 seconds later.

I had to take a good 10-15 minutes rest at that point and drink a bunch of water. It feels darn good though to be able to say I can squat 455 for 8 at 188 pounds.

The rest of the workout was business as usual though. 1-leg smith lunges, 4 sets with a warm-up. 1-leg leg extensions 4 sets. Finished it with some standing calf (bilateral).

Won't be going heavy again on legs though for a while. It's Tuesday and my legs are still preposterously sore.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
What's wrong with the right leg bro? That sucks, it's bound to limit you in what you can do in contest prep. Props to you for going that hard on squats man. That's pretty ballsy.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
What's wrong with the right leg bro? That sucks, it's bound to limit you in what you can do in contest prep. Props to you for going that hard on squats man. That's pretty ballsy.
Nothing is wrong with my RIGHT leg, it's my left leg that's the problem: it's too small.

My left is still noticeably smaller than my right. It's much better now though; I can pose in ways to hide it. In any case, my right is plenty big enough, I've been training my left exclusively in an attempt to make them symmetrical. That's all.

Contest prep has not suffered as far as I see.

Years as a right-handed fencer caused the imbalance. My right leg was my lead leg and so it got a heck of a lot biger than my left. At the end of college there was a 3 inch difference between the two. Now the difference is less than an inch I think.

As for how workouts are this week, I don't normally take 2 days off in a row, but due to how sore I was, I did not work out Sunday or Monday. Today will be shoulder day though. I will focus mostly on my right shoulder for a few weeks hoping to help it catch up. I'm pinning 40mcg of IGF1LR3 in my right shoulder each day now in hopes of balancing it out as well. The right shoulder is weaker from an old shoulder seperation that it never truly recovered from. I didn't notice the difference until recently because fat was hiding the size difference.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Perhaps single-sided IGF-1 injections post-leg-workout could reduce/eliminate the imbalance?

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Perhaps single-sided IGF-1 injections post-leg-workout could reduce/eliminate the imbalance?
Did that in the past. That's a huge reason why the left has been successfully catching up. The thing is with IGF1, is that it permanently makes that muscle better able to grow. If I were to pin my left too much, I worry my left would grow faster than my right and thus reverse my situation. What I want is balance.

With my shoulders though, my right simply has not been growing a tthe same rate as my left. It seems that there was either nerve damage or something else which has permanently rendered my right shoulder less able to grow than my left. Thus, pinning my right shoulder is kind of necessary.

Hankes64

Awards
Did that in the past. That's a huge reason why the left has been successfully catching up. The thing is with IGF1, is that it permanently makes that muscle better able to grow. If I were to pin my left too much, I worry my left would grow faster than my right and thus reverse my situation. What I want is balance.

With my shoulders though, my right simply has not been growing a tthe same rate as my left. It seems that there was either nerve damage or something else which has permanently rendered my right shoulder less able to grow than my left. Thus, pinning my right shoulder is kind of necessary.
Why not PGF2a?

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
twas thinking that too, but i m glad Gelihan pointed that out. And Nulli youre doin a fine good job with the limited income you have with a mortgage and all. so i am with you on Keepin It Simple Stupid...

Hankes64

Awards
it has unbelievably HARSH sides
Yeah like relaxing all your muscles especially the smooth ones, hit a vein and you have some respiratory issues. Nothing Null couldnt handle, I thought maybe Null went out of his way to buy more IGF1 and merely was wondering why not PGF2a but since he had some on hand.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
pgf2a also relaxes your bowels .. and can VERY VERY unpleasant stomach cramps .. just a harsh compound

Hankes64

Awards
pgf2a also relaxes your bowels .. and can VERY VERY unpleasant stomach cramps .. just a harsh compound
Wouldnt it be less sides if you injected in shoulders or calves? You know further away from the bowels?

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
ya know .. i don't know i'm not familiar enough with the compound .. if i had to guess i don't think it would help, but i can't say for certain

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It also leaves muscles very very sore from what most say. Not Test Prop sore. Not Test Suspension sore. As in "I just got decked by an aliminum Easton" sore.

Many say it reduces the amount of weight they can lift with that muscle by half for a good week or so.

Hankes64

Awards
It also leaves muscles very very sore from what most say. Not Test Prop sore. Not Test Suspension sore. As in "I just got decked by an aliminum Easton" sore.

Many say it reduces the amount of weight they can lift with that muscle by half for a good week or so.
This is true, a guy at the gym uses it and benches like 405 for a few reps and when he did his chest he was doing 210 for 3 reps! Kinda nuts but he still grew.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Diet is holding fine. I'm getting hungrier by the day though.
Here are some changes I've made:
Started clen this week, ramped up to 100mcg per day. I'm also on 0.5mg of ketotifen per day. Since adding clen, my weightloss increased, and so did my appetite.
I changed a couple thing in my diet to add more whole foods. Will revise further to include broccoli this week, but the what follows is what I've been eating this past week:
5AM-
1 weight control oatmeal packet
1 scoop protein powder
8AM-
1 can yellowfin tuna
1 packet grits
11AM-
5 pieces of chicken
0.5 cup wild rice
2PM-
1 scoop protein powder (was 2 scoops)
5PM-
5 pieces of chicken
0.5 cups wild rice
~7PM (post workout)
2 scoops protein powder

So basically I removed the protein powder from the 8AM meal and replaced it with a can of tuna and some grits. The tuna is about 45g protein and 1.5g fat. The grits are 1g protein and 22g carbs.
I also removed 1 scoop of protein from my 2PM meal.
Calories are increased slightly, but the ratios are better and there is more whole food.

Workouts are progressing. The IGF1 is working very quickly which is a shock. I didn't expect to make too much progress in terms of getting my shoulders equal again, just hoping to get it close enough to be able to hide it somewhat through creative posing. However, in just the short amount of time I've been on IGF1, my right shoulder has already caught up significantly.

Yesterday was a real test of willpower. It was my brother's birthday party. We went out to eat for dinner at a great Italian restaurant. I was forced to ask them to make plain chicken breast and plain broccoli, both cooked with no oil. Man that sucked. On top of that, they gave me too much. I had anticipated that, so before hand, I took a look at the amount of volume my standard chicken portion takes up and only ate that amount when I was at the restaurant.
Worse than that though was the fact that we went out drinking afterwards. I of course drank only water. But seeing as how I'm used to sleeping at 9PM, I was dead on my feet the entire evening. At 1AM, I literally couldn't stay awake anymore. Everyone else was bitching at me, but I took a cab back to his apartment and crashed. Woke up 7AM this morning and had the 5AM meal (so now today's schedule is compressed).
Worst. Party. Ever.

It's off to the gym now for chest day.

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
That's some real will power man.... Inspires me to stick to a good diet so I can trim down in time for summer.

Keep it up!

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Alright it's DIET REVISION TIME!!!!

Currently, I'm 182. Based on a weight of 180, I will burn in a day almost 3000 exactly (including cardio and lifting). I don't lift EVERY day though, and there have been days here and there that I wake up too late for cardio. ARGH.

So I must make up for it with diet. Improved diet.

BEHOLD, my best work yet. Be prepared, there's a lot of number crunching......

5:00
1 scoop whey
1 bowl oatmeal

oatmeal: 3g fat, 29g carb (6 fiber, 1 sugar), 7g protein
Whey: 2g fat, 4g carb, 20g protein

total: 27g protein, 33g carb, 5g fat
285 calories

8:00
1 can tuna
1 packet grits
1 serving fat free cheese

tuna: 45g protein, 1.5g fat
grits: 3g protein, 21g carb, 1.5g fat
fat free cheese: 9g protein, 2g carb, 0g fat

57g protein, 23g carb, 3g fat, 347 calories

11:00
4 pieces of chicken
0.25 cups wild rice

chicken: 44g protein, 5g fat
rice: 1.5g protein, 9g carb
marinade -
mesquite: 2g carb
zesty: 8g carb

mesquite: 45.5g protein, 11g carb, 5g fat, 271 calories
zesty: 45.5g protein, 17g carb, 5g fat, 295 calories

2:00
4 pieces of chicken
0.25 cups wild rice

chicken: 44g protein, 5g fat
rice: 1.5g protein, 9g carb
marinade -
mesquite: 2g carb
zesty: 8g carb

mesquite: 45.5g protein, 11g carb, 5g fat, 271 calories
zesty: 45.5g protein, 17g carb, 5g fat, 295 calories

5:00
4 servings eggbeaters
1 serving fat free cheese
1 cup chopped broccoli

eggbeaters: 24g protein, 4g carb, 0g fat
fat free cheese: 9g protein, 2g carb, 0g fat
broccoli: 6g protein, 10g carb, 0g fat

39g protein, 16g carb, 0g fat
220 calories

7:00
2 scoops whey
4g fat, 8g carb, 40g protein
228 calories

total for day (mesquite): 254g protein, 102g carb, 22g fat
1016 protein, 408 carb, 198 fat
1622 total
63 protein/25 carb/12 fat

total for day (zesty): 254g protein, 114g carb, 22g fat
1016 protein, 456 carb, 198 fat
1670 total
61 protein/27 carb/12 fat

That's a deficit of 1330 to 1378 calories per day on lifting + cardio days.

I'm hoping the decently high protein intake combined with the Test Prop and Tren Ace will help stalve off catabolism. I need to kick things up a notch and here's my answer to that need. Over the course of the week my calculations are as follows:

Total intake (assuming zesty marinade): 11690 calories
Total expenditure (assuming cardio 5 times, lifting 5 times): 19500

weekly deficit: 7810
Approximately 2 pounds of fat per week even without the clen. With the clen, hopefully that number will be slightly higher. Perhaps 2.5 pounds.

Current SUBCUTANEOUS bodyfat estimate I would say is about 12%. That's a guess that I'm hoping is right. Of course, I could be off. In any case, that would place my subq bodyfat at about 22 pounds. At 2 pounds per week, by 1 week out, I will be down to 6 pounds of subq bodyfat. Assuming 10 pounds of water held, that would put my pre-contest weight at 156. That's practically a lightweight
:eek:

However, shitloading usually adds a few pounds. Let's say a happy day scenario, where everything falls into place would mean I lose that bodyfat, gain about 2 pound of lean muscle, plus the tack on 7 pounds in a shitload and I'd come in at about 165 even. That's the low end of Middleweight. Hopefully I'll be dry as all hell.

Last edited:
Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
You're OK. If it gets too tight, you still have the ability to add T3/albuterol or some weaker fatburners in there, right?

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I have T3 onhand as a last resort.

I'm starting Melting point this week, and will continue Melting Point for an undetermined amount of time.

I also have plenty of ECA.

I may add Sesamin into the mix as well. Sesamin + Melting Point is a VERY strong combo. Many experience terrible sides (cramps and soreness) while on both, but I will cope as much as I can.

As I said though, T3 is an absolute last resort. If I go on T3, I'll have to up my Tren dose as well as increase protein intake even further.

This isn't going to be pleasant, but I hope everything works.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
In light of my re-organized diet. I've re-organized my workout schedule. Mostly it is to be more able to keep track of caloric expenditure.

The basic layout of my workout schedule is 3 days working out followed by 1 day rest. Which workouts fall in those three days varies throughout based on what needs work and what doesn't.

My back and legs I think are ok. At the very least I can say safely they are my best bodyparts. Thus I will be training them roughly every 8 days. Fairly infrequent, but it allows me to increase focus on weakpoints. Chest is a major weakpoint and so I will be training chest roughly every 5 days. Shoulders are a weakpoint as a well and will be trained every 4-6 days, but mostly every 6 days. Triceps and Calves are in there because I feel my triceps could use some extra work in addition to the work they get in Chest and Shoulder workouts. My biceps are fine. Calves need bringing up in order to match my quads and hams. I may throw in some forearm work here and there as well.

So here is my workout schedule for the remainder of February, all of March, and April 1st-15th:

matthams

Awards
Whats the story with training on the week coming up to the show? According to layne's article he says to stop training two days before the show. Are there various schools of thought on this?

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Whats the story with training on the week coming up to the show? According to layne's article he says to stop training two days before the show. Are there various schools of thought on this?
I may not train triceps and calves on the 14th. However, that workout is the least strenuous and wouldn't tax my system much.

Atlas

Awards
I agree with not training ANYTHING a few days before hand, you don't want to cramp up or come into any unseen problems where you won't be able to contract the muscle fully and see the deep cuts and seperation, like legs for an example. Some people stop training legs 10 or more days before to allow the water and metabolic waste to clear the area so that on contest day nice deep cuts can be seen. Take this for what it's worth as I have never competed but hope to do so in JUNE at the ATLANTIC STATES!