The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Consumers Who Bought MuscleTech, Six Star, EPIQ or fuel: one Protein Products Could Get Up to $300 From a Class Action Settlement

Consumers Who Bought MuscleTech, Six Star, EPIQ or fuel: one Protein Products Could Get Up to $300 From a Class Action Settlement - TulsaCW.com: TV To Talk About | The Tulsa CW

SHERMAN OAKS, Calif., Dec. 9, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- The following is being released by Pearson, Simon & Warshaw, LLP in the lawsuit Eashoo v. Iovate, No. 2:15-cv-1726.

A Settlement has been reached with Iovate Health Sciences U.S.A., Inc. ("Iovate"), concerning the marketing of certain protein products sold under the brand names MuscleTech, Six Star, EPIQ and fuel: one. The lawsuit claims Iovate misrepresented that certain protein products had higher levels of protein than what was actually contained in the products. As a result, the protein products contained less protein than what was represented on labels, packaging, and in advertising. Iovate denies these claims and denies any wrongdoing.

Persons who purchased one or more eligible MuscleTech, Six Star, EPIQ, or fuel: one protein products between March 10, 2011 to November 10, 2015 are included in the Settlement. The Settlement applies to protein shakes and beverages, both in liquid (ready to drink) and powdered form, as well as, bars and gels. A complete list of included products and additional information regarding who is included in the Settlement is available at www.ProteinSettlement.com or by calling 1-866-759-6512.

The Settlement provides for the creation of a $2.5 million Settlement Fund that will be used to pay money to eligible Class Members, attorneys' fees and costs, and a class representative incentive award. Iovate has also agreed to change some of its business practices, including modifying its testing, labeling, packaging, and advertising of the amount protein contained in the Protein Products.

Eligible Class Members who file timely and valid claims may receive: (1) up to $300 per household if they file valid claim with proof of purchase, or (2) up to $50 per household if they file a valid claim without proof of purchase.

baxtecal

baxtecal

Awards
  • Established
So this is why you bought all that muscle tech casein

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
The six star milk shake versions were tasty though haha.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Claim submitted. We'll see what happens. Thanks The Solution

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
http://topclassactions.com/lawsuit-settlements/open-lawsuit-settlements/248696-248696/

This class action settlement is for anyone who purchased the affected Iovate protein products from March 10, 2011 until Nov. 10, 2015.

The products that are part of this class action settlement include:

Six Star Whey Protein Plus Elite Series
Six Star Whey Protein Plus Professional Strength Elite Series
Six Star Whey Protein Isolate Elite Series
Six Star Whey Protein Isolate Professional Strength Elite Series
Six Star Casein Elite Series
Six Star Casein Professional Strength Elite Series
Six Star Muscle Building Milkshake Elite Series
Six Star Muscle Building Milkshake Professional Strength Elite Series
Six Star Mass Gainer Professional Strength Elite Series
Six Star Recovery Protein Elite Series
Six Star 100% Whey Isolate Protein Gel
Six Star Protein Bars
MuscleTech MassTech Performance Series
MuscleTech MassTech
MuscleTech Nitro-Tech Performance Series
MuscleTech Nitro-Tech Hardcore Pro Series
MuscleTech Phase8 Performance Series
MuscleTech Anabolic Halo Performance Series
MuscleTech Nitro Isolate 65 Pro Series
EPIQ Isolate
EPIQ Gainer
fuel one Complex-1

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
so me saying OVER AND OVER that companies who offer a B1G1 on protein aren't actually selling protein...was correct?!? what a shocker.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
so me saying OVER AND OVER that companies who offer a B1G1 on protein aren't actually selling protein...was correct?!? what a shocker.
Haha yeah, I'm not surprised by this list at all. I fell for the Phase 8 deal when it first came out.

But technically , you buy one tub of bunk protein, you get reimbursed from the class action settlement. And then you use that money buy quality protein. Horribly inefficient, but its kind of a B1G1 deal, lol.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Who would of guessed

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Submitted. Thank you bb.com for keeping the receipt of my order :)

JPSwole

JPSwole

Awards
Smh and I thought Muscletech had changed for the better.