Coming Off TRT

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Has anyone successfully came off TRT, cold turkey or with a SERM? What was your protocol, length of time on trt and length of time to recovery? Or, if not successful, did you go back on TRT?

I've been on for 8 years or so, and trying to decide whether to stop or not. Haven't had a testosterone shot in almost 2 weeks; don't feel too bad yet but need to make a decision soon.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Has anyone successfully came off TRT, cold turkey or with a SERM? What was your protocol, length of time on trt and length of time to recovery? Or, if not successful, did you go back on TRT?

I've been on for 8 years or so, and trying to decide whether to stop or not. Haven't had a testosterone shot in almost 2 weeks; don't feel too bad yet but need to make a decision soon.
Why do you want to come off TRT?

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Why do you want to come off TRT?
I'm not sure I do. I've just had a rough time the entire time, whether anxiety, sleep or whatever. I don't know if those issues are trt related or this b12/folate thing I've mentioned in the past. Sleep seems to have improved a little more since stopping, but maybe my dose was still just too high and the level it's at while dropping off is where I need to be. I just haven't felt what I imagine "normal" should feel like in a very long time.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm not sure I do. I've just had a rough time the entire time, whether anxiety, sleep or whatever. I don't know if those issues are trt related or this b12/folate thing I've mentioned in the past. Sleep seems to have improved a little more since stopping, but maybe my dose was still just too high and the level it's at while dropping off is where I need to be. I just haven't felt what I imagine "normal" should feel like in a very long time.
curious what dosages were you on and your Test levels ?
( if u dont mind sharing )

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
curious what dosages were you on and your Test levels ?
( if u dont mind sharing )
80mg 2x week, HCT up to 57, too high
60mg 2x week, HCT up to 54, too high
50mg 2x week, HCT 51, free test 107 (range 35-155)

25mg EOD, HCT 50-51, free test 115, felt similar to 50mg 2x week

10mg Daily, HCT 52 (but b12 deficient), free test 153 (very top of range)

7mg Daily, HCT 53.2 (correcting b12 deficiency), no free test

5mg Daily, HCT 50, free test 105

I've had anxiety and sleep issues the entire time, but as of today I'm not sure why. I didn't take any b12 today, and don't feel any of that hypochondria-type anxiety. I should also mention I was only on 7mg daily for a month, and 5mg daily for a month so likely not enough time to adapt to either.

If I go back on, it'll be at 4 or 5mg daily. My last day of injection I stopped due to a tight feeling in my chest all night and guessed it was from the testosterone but I don't know. Could've been from starting mk7 vit k again, although there were times I tolerated it done. I do firmly believe my body doesn't like excessively high free testosterone levels.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Did you have any thoughts?
thanks for sharing that .. as for my thoughts, sorry im not too knowledgeable when it comes to TRT

i did find a clinic here in NY for $150 they include everything that you would need

i just need to find some time and make an appointment and get my levels checked as well, think i need to be on it ..or atleast feels like my body is telling me lol

i will ask your question as well .. def something to ponder about coming off and how it will affect it .. will share what the doc says with u

jiu jitsu

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established

dont do it.

Im 1 year off for fertility reasons.

feels like crap. I legit had an emotional breakdown the first month, which was very out of character for me

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
dont do it.

feels like crap. I legit had an emotional breakdown the first month, which was very out of character for me
Yeah, I'm starting to feel the hypo effects...voice cracking and feeling weak, hard to concentrate, libido waning. But, I've been having emotional issues the entire time in TRT at every dose, even when e2 was well controlled and numbers equal to hulk...I could tear up at the drop of a hat. So annoying. Nevertheless, I am restarting tomorrow at 4 or 5mg daily tomorrow.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
dont do it.

Have you had levels tested again? How long were you on and did you recover?

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Are you taking any serms or hcg? There is this known protocol, that some have had success with. I think the protocol was called by the name of the dr. who put it together. Maybe @Hyde or @BBiceps knows what I'm talking about.

Last edited:
KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Also, this is just a complete shot in the dark, but seeing you have tried several different dosing protocols, have you tried other esters, than E or C? Usually those are the best options and normally the longer esters are not optimal, but since you're ready to give the whole therapy up, then maybe you'd be willing to try Sustanon or even Aveed/Nebido (undecanoate). I have no actual reason to believe those to work better for you, but just for something you haven't tried before 🤷‍♀️Although frequent dosing seems to be better for your HCT. But it also raises your free T, which in this case seems to be unwanted.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Are you taking any serms or hcg? There is this known protocol, that some have had success. I think the protocol was called by the name of dr. who put it together. Maybe @Hyde or @BBiceps knows what I'm talking about.
Thanks. No, but taking any serms of hcg so far. I've done pcts like that in the past and if I decide to go through with it, I'll at least consider clomid.

Otherwise, like the case with hcg, I don't have access to sus, prop or those others unless it can be prescribed. But, like you said, anything resulting with an even higher free T may be worse. Still undecided what to do. Decided against starting today for silly reasons...maybe I'll start TRT again tomorrow.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Thanks. No, but taking any serms of hcg so far. I've done pcts like that in the past and if I decide to go through with it, I'll at least consider clomid.

Otherwise, like the case with hcg, I don't have access to sus, prop or those others unless it can be prescribed. But, like you said, anything resulting with an even higher free T may be worse. Still undecided what to do. Decided against starting today for silly reasons...maybe I'll start TRT again tomorrow.
I don't know how it is in the US, but in some countries all they ever prescribe is Nebido or Sustanon. Which is silly, but just to the point that you might get those prescribed. Those longer esters could result in lower free T, but maybe to higher HCT, looking at how your leveles react to the injection frequency.

So have you talked to your doc about giving up trt and trying a restart?

Last edited:

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I came OFF after 3.5yrs for fertility reasons, used Clomid and HCG, some natural test booster and changed my diet (ate more/not dieting so hard). I didn’t feel any noticeable mood/energy change but lost a few pounds, strength and tightness.

If you’re going to attempt this you need you do a strong PTC and be ready to throw the kitchen sink of supps to be able feel good through out the process. I would definitely make sure you have Clomid (or whatever SERM you want to use) and start that asap.

I want to add that some yrs after I/we had our child I went back on TRT, not necessarily because I needed to, more because of ego.

Good luck!

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
May I ask you if your TRT was medically indicated or if it was kind of optimization?

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
May I ask you if your TRT was medically indicated or if it was kind of optimization?
Medically indicated, yes. But, to be fair, that was when I was rather obese. If I had lost weight first I don't know. At one point, about 1 year after the first go round, clomid worked to bring my test up to 450 or so, then ran a few SARM cycles, and never have myself the chance the truly recover.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I don't know how it is in the US, but in slme countries all they ever prescribe is Nebido or Sustanon. Which is silly, but just to the point that you might get those prescripted. Those longer esters could result in lower free T, but maybe to higher HCT, looking at how your leveles react to the injection frequency.

So have you talked to your doc about giving up trt and trying a restart?
Haven't talked to my doctor yet about it. The appointment isn't for 2 weeks and I'm just about 2 weeks off now.

Benmuscle1

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Come off for 3 to 4 months serm or not then do a blood test. If you are above 350 to 400 see where you are at in a few more months. Its been 8 years you have no idea where you are gonna be at.

sillycibin

Awards
try substituting with turkesterone? I'm using that as a kind of TRT. also what about a few weeks of DAA to try and goose things back? I'm avoiding going the TRT route for now using natural stuff like cissus quadrangularis, maca, fenugreek, and turkesterone. something's doing me right because historically in my 30s I was always low testosterone 280-320 and now in my 40s every time I check its about 450. I also take a **** ton of other stuff so who knows if there's any synergy or extra help boosting my T.

Screwtape

Screwtape

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Other useful supplements for increasing testosterone, Tongkat Ali, Fadogia Agrestis, Horny Goat Weed, Avena Sativa, Forskolin, Tulsi.
For natural testosterone support, Vitamin D3, Magnesium, Zinc, and Boron.
For cortisol control, Rhodiola, Ashwagandha, Phosphatidylserine.
For estrogen control, DIM, Indole-3-Carbinol.
For prolactin control, Vitex, Vitamin B6 (500-600mg), Vitamin E.
For SHBG control, Nettle Root, Boron, DIM.

Just a few supplements that come to mind. There's a lot of research available, showing varying levels of effectiveness.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Medically indicated, yes. But, to be fair, that was when I was rather obese. If I had lost weight first I don't know. At one point, about 1 year after the first go round, clomid worked to bring my test up to 450 or so, then ran a few SARM cycles, and never have myself the chance the truly recover.
In this case it might be more difficult to come off but now that you are back in shape you might give it a try.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
In this case it might be more difficult to come off but now that you are back in shape you might give it a try.
Started back up 4mg today. We'll see how it goes. Last attempt.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
you could try fadogia. or something that contains it (m-test)

otherwise I'd go with SERM. I guess there's a clotting risk added with SERM so you'll want to do your fish oil and possibly nattokinase. even if you had HCG, you would be using the HCG only to rejuvenate testes size. because otherwise technically HCG shuts down LH production. so once your balls are big enough you hit the SERM and quit HCG. then some people can quit the SERM and be normal. you do need to include proper nutrition including enough cholesterol (egg yolks ez). if you don't have the nutrition to make test, I think these drugs might be able to fail you

oh and I think you can stack HCG + SERM then drop HCG. there's also HMG which I don't know much about

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
you could try fadogia. or something that contains it (m-test)

otherwise I'd go with SERM. I guess there's a clotting risk added with SERM so you'll want to do your fish oil and possibly nattokinase. even if you had HCG, you would be using the HCG only to rejuvenate testes size. because otherwise technically HCG shuts down LH production. so once your balls are big enough you hit the SERM and quit HCG. then some people can quit the SERM and be normal. you do need to include proper nutrition including enough cholesterol (egg yolks ez). if you don't have the nutrition to make test, I think these drugs might be able to fail you

oh and I think you can stack HCG + SERM then drop HCG. there's also HMG which I don't know much about
I didn't think clomid had the same clotting risk that nolva did but I haven't looked into either in years. I did start back up today and the placebo is strong lol.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Yeah, I'm starting to feel the hypo effects...voice cracking and feeling weak, hard to concentrate, libido waning. But, I've been having emotional issues the entire time in TRT at every dose, even when e2 was well controlled and numbers equal to hulk...I could tear up at the drop of a hat. So annoying. Nevertheless, I am restarting tomorrow at 4 or 5mg daily tomorrow.
Did you ever take into consideration that the emotional stuff may have nothing to do with trt? Lots of ppl suffer from anxiety and emotional stuff without trt.

Also I know a few females that take 5mg of testosterone daily, you sure that's a good idea for a guy?

Maybe low testosterone is the reason for some of your side effects?

Not being a dyck, all serious questions

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Did you ever take into consideration that the emotional stuff may have nothing to do with trt? Lots of ppl suffer from anxiety and emotional stuff without trt.

Also I know a few females that take 5mg of testosterone daily, you sure that's a good idea for a guy?

Maybe low testosterone is the reason for some of your side effects?

Not being a dyck, all serious questions
Yeah, there's a chance the emotional stuff has nothing to do with trt, it just started around the same time roughly.

Otherwise...all my doses are based on labwork. 10mg daily had my free test higher at trough than 60mg twice per week. 10mg had me at 150 free test, range 35-155. I also had blood work done 6 hours after injection and it was already above range.

5mg daily had my trough similar to 25mg EOD and 50mg twice per week and those I felt the best on. But, I did cut the 5mg daily experiment short so I'll be trying this again.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Yeah, there's a chance the emotional stuff has nothing to do with trt, it just started around the same time roughly.

Otherwise...all my doses are based on labwork. 10mg daily had my free test higher at trough than 60mg twice per week. 10mg had me at 150 free test, range 35-155. I also had blood work done 6 hours after injection and it was already above range.

5mg daily had my trough similar to 25mg EOD and 50mg twice per week and those I felt the best on. But, I did cut the 5mg daily experiment short so I'll be trying this again.
I get that it had your free testosterone higher but what about your total testosterone that is also important...

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Never mind I just read the rest of your post, that's crazy how much variable there is in your doses giving similar results. I'm stumped on that

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Never mind I just read the rest of your post, that's crazy how much variable there is in your doses giving similar results. I'm stumped on that
I know, it's wild and I definitely don't understand it.

Jayson642

Awards
80mg 2x week, HCT up to 57, too high
60mg 2x week, HCT up to 54, too high
50mg 2x week, HCT 51, free test 107 (range 35-155)

25mg EOD, HCT 50-51, free test 115, felt similar to 50mg 2x week

10mg Daily, HCT 52 (but b12 deficient), free test 153 (very top of range)

7mg Daily, HCT 53.2 (correcting b12 deficiency), no free test

5mg Daily, HCT 50, free test 105

I've had anxiety and sleep issues the entire time, but as of today I'm not sure why. I didn't take any b12 today, and don't feel any of that hypochondria-type anxiety. I should also mention I was only on 7mg daily for a month, and 5mg daily for a month so likely not enough time to adapt to either.

If I go back on, it'll be at 4 or 5mg daily. My last day of injection I stopped due to a tight feeling in my chest all night and guessed it was from the testosterone but I don't know. Could've been from starting mk7 vit k again, although there were times I tolerated it done. I do firmly believe my body doesn't like excessively high free testosterone levels.
If your testosterone is that low do not come off any homeowner replacement therapy or trt

Jayson642

Awards
If your testosterone is that low do not come off any homeowner replacement therapy or trt
They normally start treatment when you're down to 250 total test and if you're down to 100 something you need to up it 200 mg every two weeks that is the actual protocol for doctors and urologist. They start you off there and you shouldn't go by your blood work until a minimum of 3 months have passed. for HRT or testosterone replacement therapy whatever you want to call it you should be on test cyp, not ethanate. if you read into it you'll understand why. I'm going to the same thing and when I first started my testosterone level is 106 the doctor didn't know what they were doing they gave me 200 mg every 2 weeks and did blood work after two shots but you're not supposed to do because it literally gets extremely high in your system at that time because you're so low it's like when people don't eat food throughout the day and they eat one big meal the body saves every calorie in stores it at fat because it doesn't know when it's next meal is coming. So my test levels went from 106 to 1800 in that course of time just from 400 mg of pharmaceutical grade test. I've done juice many times my levels have never spiked up that high but then again I've never had straight from the pharmacy juice. But I still had an amazing British dragon pharmacy connection that worked awesome but didn't skyrocket my levels like like the stuff I got from the pharmacy. From USA PHARMACIES THEY ONLY COME IN 1 CC FOR ANY TEST. AT LEAST THAT'S THE ONLY THING I'VE SEEN.. when your testosterone is that low you lose all drive for many things in life, isolation sets in depression sets in and no medications can get you through it besides getting your testosterone back up whether that's artificially or even clomid works. There's big advancements in clomid. My doctor had a guy that had to have a testicle taken out and just his one testy, being on clomid, was producing 400 free test in his body

Jayson642

Awards
I apologize I wasn't thinking you were talking about your red blood cell count anything above 55 there worried but all you have to do is have a phlebotomy and it lowers your HCT so if there's ever too many red blood cells or they're too big you have a phlebotomy they drain out a pint of blood out of you and your HCT count drops dramatically. Mine went from 54 to 45 just from that one pint taken out they usually do it once every 6 months have you had that done yet because too many red blood cells will give you anxiety and not great sleep and higher blood pressure and they get worried when it's 55 or higher. So you must have had a phlebotomy at least once. When it comes to testosterone and HCT the urologist is the best place to go they know more about everything then any primary Care will ever know when it comes to those areas my apologies about the comments on the testosterone but haven't testosterone that low is bad it ruined my life for five years without me realize and why I was feeling the way I was

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

He says he was able to recover with this protocol

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
He says he was able to recover with this protocol
Leo's a lieing piece of **** lol, I'm not going to say that what he says in this video won't work but what I am going to say is I always had a bad feeling about that dude and the more time that went by the more I'm realizing he's like a sociopath and a nut job and I don't believe a God damn thing he says

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Hey guys, look at me, I'm leo, I'm your friend. Look at all my books. I'm a genius and I know more than everyone about anything you can think of. You know I'm a good person right? You know you can trust me right? Look at all my books. I've even got a desk so you can trust me ok.

That's all I can hear when I watch his videos lol

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
@ohiostate2827

I'm in no way trying to call you out or attack you. I just don't like the Leo guy lolas you can tell

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
@ohiostate2827

I'm in no way trying to call you out or attack you. I just don't like the Leo guy lolas you can tell
No I understand..I don't feel attacked.I take everyone on YouTube with a grain of salt.. but this protocol makes sense and sounds like it would work...

tao77

Awards
dont come off, trust me, Also if you are worried about your HCT being too high, Do what I do, give blood. I usually give super red because its less often I have to go. usually, only 2-3 times a year and it takes twice as many RBCs and just replaces with plasma, so no down feeling afterward and it's pretty painless. Plus you can say you did your part by giving blood.

Quest

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm waffling back and forth with trt. At 46 though and being on for I believe 8 years even if my boys come back I don't think I will enjoy life afterwards. My hematocrit is 56, I need to donate.

I can't run orals. Im a huge sd fan as I have a nice stock of it but it destroys my cholesterol. So trt is my safest option only now I'm very concerned about prostate health.

When I take a leak I have to shake hands with the president now

Fucking walking the tightrope

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'm waffling back and forth with trt. At 46 though and being on for I believe 8 years even if my boys come back I don't think I will enjoy life afterwards. My hematocrit is 56, I need to donate.

I can't run orals. Im a huge sd fan as I have a nice stock of it but it destroys my cholesterol. So trt is my safest option only now I'm very concerned about prostate health.

When I take a leak I have to shake hands with the president now

Fucking walking the tightrope
56 hct? What's your test dose?

Quest

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I keep it at 200 every 9-10 days.
No more blasts. I'm worried about pissing so much

tao77

Awards
Im on 200 mg per week TRT and I just give blood (power reds) every 3-4 months, Keeps HCT and hemoglobin down.

Quest

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm going to try 50 twice per week. The thought of pinning that much makes my cheeks spasm. Bloods in two weeks idk if he's checking crit sometimes it's just test for my script. Thanks

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I keep it at 200 every 9-10 days.
No more blasts. I'm worried about pissing so much
Helios 100 by Apex alchemy applied to lower abdomen will releive BPH symptoms. less frequent urinating. I'm guessing it shrinks the prostate