Coming off prescribed TRT???

Pinggolfee96

Awards
  • Established
I know my doctor will help me with this (hopefully), but I'm young and have issues with my pituitary connecting to my hypothalamus to produce testosterone. They put me on TRT for now to help with the side effects of low test until they could figure something out. I was also on some meds that could reduce test levels that I will be off of in a week. Will they most likely wean me off the test (compound cream 100mgs a day). Or Will they put me on a pct like med while trying to get me off? I'm
Just curious on if I should take an estrogen blocker or run a pct if they don't put me on one? Just curious on opinions. Thanks

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Let your physician handle it man; they'll probably get you on clomid after for a bit

Reactions: Nac
Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
They (should) put you on Clomid or something once they stop. Personally, if I had that problem and a say in it, I would just stay on the TRT instead of going back and forth with your levels testing things out.

That's just me though.

Pinggolfee96

Awards
  • Established
I don't t want to stay on though due to my age

gannicus419

gannicus419

Awards
Many docs are uneducated when it comes to TRT sadly. Do your research. Taking a proper pct will not hurt. If your coming off test, your body will have a tough time coming back when u just stop injecting

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Is it just a primary care doctor or an endocrinologist; because it's pretty dumb of them to put you on trt first, especially at you're age which im guessing is around 19-20 from the looks of your username

Pinggolfee96

Awards
  • Established
heres an update, just got new labs. doctor wanted to see my test levels after being off accutane for a month now. I made a separate post about this in the past I will link in the thread: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/nutrition-health/294662-can-accutane-suppress.html

follow up....been off accutane for a month and just got my labs back. I've had hypothyroid for some time now, we just tested it out of curiosity, so no surprise its low, but I am on try, but when I was on the accutane, I was completely suppressed. I haven't gotten my free test yet, but I was SHOCKED when I saw what my total was. is it possible for trt(compound cream 100mgs a day in 10% solution) to actually put my test level above 2000?? my last labs about 2 months ago my total test was no lie at 32. same testing times, just been on the try longer and off the accurate now. may dad who is a medical doctor believed the accutane was blocking the receptor sites to produce test. my endocrine also agreed the accutane affected it. what're your thoughts? can trt bring my that high? were gonna start weaning off the trt now lol...https://ibb.co/d43M6a

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It's a possibility.

Remember, a closed mouth doesn't get fed.

Make sure to bring up aromatase inhibitors and serms like clomid, torem and actually discuss this.
If you don't you are likely to be made to recover cold turkey.
Which is going to really suck for the next few months.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Well if you are at 2000 you are going to be shut down like a mofo when you come off. Talk to the doc about a SERM, and maybe starting you on some HCG. Although for the most part they might just give you full time Clomid at least until they get you back to normal or if needed to keep you normal. YOur HPTA must be pretty weak for accutane to have completely shut you down.