Combining Slim Xtreme with SAM-e?

totally81

Awards
Been taking SAM-e in the past with good effects, wonder if it's safe to take with Slim Xtreme? Anyone tried this.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
SAMe should be ok to take with Slim X.

sublimejeh

sublimejeh

Awards
  • Established
Yep, Ive actually taken them together hah, they are fine to take together

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Probably be a good stack.
It really would be.

When fat is burned, ketone bodies are formed. Paint thinner is made from ketone bodies ;) They can be a little stressful on the liver.

Since you burn the fat in your liver, keeping it healthy can be important.

SAM-e is more than merely a nootropic. It's also a very potent anti-oxidant. In terms of supplements for liver health, look no further. The stuff blows 'milk thistle' outta the water.

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
I'm currently stacking SX with LX right now.

My wife recently bought a bottle to try for the joints and well-being effects of E. She felt a little better since shes started taking E. She's also noticed she mentally calmer when stressful situation's arise at work.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
keep an eye out if you choose to dose SAM-e high. It can start to potentially worsen bipolar swings and make them more intense once the dose gets higher (over 1000mg/day).

totally81

Awards
keep an eye out if you choose to dose SAM-e high. It can start to potentially worsen bipolar swings and make them more intense once the dose gets higher (over 1000mg/day).
I was taking 400mg once in the morning, with 2 SX, no problems.
Dunno about bipolar swings at high dose, but thx for warning.

joeflex73

joeflex73

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm a big fan of SAM-e as a general health supplement.

Hadn't heard about mood swings at higher doses. I guess with any nootropic though that high/extreme doses could cause negative effects.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is this for people with pre-existing bipolar symptoms?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thats what they say, generally 800mg is considered safe and actually bipolar swings will lessen at that dose, but you hit a higher dose where the swings actually start to get worse. at 1600mg/day I experienced it, and it was not pretty lets just say :D

sublimejeh

sublimejeh

Awards
  • Established
Huh, thats interesting... Just another example I guess about how more is not always better!