Collagen supplement

Broadst

Awards
Can someone direct me to the best collagen supplements specifically for joint health, or maybe one that has a good mix of all the different types This is for my wife. I don’t know anything about collagen and it seems there are multiple types that are supposed to help with different things.

I take your guys opinions over what I find on google.

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Types 1 and 3 are more skin, hair, nails etc. Type 2 would be for joints/ligaments
Ideally you want a bovine and chicken blend. Gorilla Mind makes a good one.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I typically will pick up a tub of the unflavored vital protein collagen when I go to costco and mix it in with my coffee or protein shakes.

dukes3577

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This is the one I have taken for a couple of years and everyone I turn on to it loves it.

Attachments

NattyJuicer

Awards
This is the one I have taken for a couple of years and everyone I turn on to it loves it.
What results you experienced ?
And how much etc . It’s hard to get a good value collagen seems like !!!

dukes3577

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
To be honest I take so much stuff I couldn’t be sure. I take more less for peace of mind. The one I have turned on to it though are ones up there in age and swear by for knee joint pain.

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Core Collagen is roughly $40 for 40. Nails may feel softer, 5 o’clock shadow seems a little fuller faster. Maybe it’s an 8:30 shadow but at 5?

Danksta710

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I only trust and use custom collagen multi blend. They have been in the collagen game long before the hype. You want a multi so you get type 2 and X.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Can someone direct me to the best collagen supplements specifically for joint health, or maybe one that has a good mix of all the different types This is for my wife. I don’t know anything about collagen and it seems there are multiple types that are supposed to help with different things.

heres a bunch of other ones we talked about a while back:

my wife is currently using a name brand one from one of her pyramid scheme supp companies but it's pretty good. I typically just use the stuff at Costco as it has the types i'm looking for

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I typically just use the stuff at Costco as it has the types i'm looking for
Same here. I try and stock up when it's on sale to!

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I use Type 1 and 3 for skin and nail health and it works great. Put it in my shakes every morning. Type 2 is what you want for joint health.

big_jewels

big_jewels

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've just taken gelatin for years. I've tried collagen as well but I've always had better benefits in terms of skin, joint, hair, gut health from gelatin.

zSplit

zSplit

Awards

Collagen supplements for the most part suck, and it's a marketing gimmick. The only one's that are MAYBE worth your time, are ones that have low molecular density, otherwise they aren't even bioavailable to the human body. The only one I've seen that fits the bill is from CanPrev. I'm sure there are a few others, but that's the only one I've come across.

If you have joint pain, I'd look into Curcumin (like the one from SNS), Albion Boron, Albion Copper, optimization of your D3/K2, and perhaps look/experiment with Strontium Citrate. Other than that, make sure your joint pain isn't from muscular imbalances, which is a common cause.

Best of luck.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Dustin07 Supplements 43
Dustin07 Supplements 1
Prince IronMag Labs 3
Supplements 6
Whacked Supplements 5