Clomid as Standalone Cycle

HebrewHulk

Awards
Would running Clomid for 4 weeks have any benefit if not in an actual PCT? I was debating the idea of running it as a test booster since the natty stuff I don't get much from.

I'll continue researching, but what is, or is there a general consensus on this either working or not?

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Well yes it should work, considering it is used in place of Testosterone injections in lots of people.

I would probably go for a lower dose for a longer period though.

CorpKiller

CorpKiller

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've read a few logs here on the site regarding clomid as a standalone. The logger also ran an AI.

Just wonder if it would have any affect on the hairline?

user567

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I've read a few logs here on the site regarding clomid as a standalone. The logger also ran an AI.

Just wonder if it would have any affect on the hairline?
Probably wont do much to the hairline. Your looking at raising test level 100-200 ng/ml probably.

uprightrows

Awards
  • Established
It can raise it significantly more than that, depending on your starting level, I've seen people go from 600 or lower to top of the range 1000 or higher

CorpKiller

CorpKiller

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It can raise it significantly more than that, depending on your starting level, I've seen people go from 600 or lower to top of the range 1000 or higher
Wonder How much of an anabolic effect that would have? That much of a jump, produce noticeable gains?

user567

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Sure it can but I believe average is 40%. Of course if your suppressed significantly higher.

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
I'm 2 weeks into a clomid/aromasin cycle. It's not the first time I've played with a clomid cycle. I do not suffer hypogonadism but I do know I make noticeably faster gains/recovery while running clomid than not. I run an AI at low doses to keep estrogen in check. Is it a substitute for a steroid cycle? No! but then again if you're afraid of permanent suppression it's the safer alternative and high normal test levels are not a bad thing. I've never noticed anything from OTC test boosters. It's definitely a step up from there IME

Current stack

Clomid
50mg E5D
Aromasin 12.5mg E4D

You could try a lower dose as has been suggested to keep estrogen in check but ofcourse you may not see the same boost in test levels either. I think 4 weeks may be a little short to really notice much running clomid. I go for 8-10 weeks at a time personally. Dirt cheap cycle.

uprightrows

Awards
  • Established
Wonder How much of an anabolic effect that would have? That much of a jump, produce noticeable gains?
One of the people was older and not a big lifter or that into the lifestyle, but still had body comp changes. The other had gains, nothing like an actual test cycle, but enhance recovery and better sleep as well.

Sure it can but I believe average is 40%. Of course if your suppressed significantly higher.
Neither of those people were suppressed. Personally. I have gone from being shutdown at virtually zero, to 1200 (it did not stay there unfortunately)

dvw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have ran Clomid only for 8 weeks. Muscle were much fuller. Slight increase in strength. Even some LBM gains over what I would expect in 8 weeks training with out clomid.

CorpKiller

CorpKiller

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
dvw and ericos_bob did you notice any other sides?

dvw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Oily skin, little acne on upper back and shoulders. Although I get that from anything that raises my test significantly.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
How long do the effects last? Can long term clomid use actually repair damage from cycles but stimulating various areas again?

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
I get hot flashes whenever I start clomid. This subsides a few days after the first dose so it's a non issue. When running clomid solo sex drive takes a dive (don't mistake this for impotence, just loss of desire to get busy) though it seems taking a low dose AI prevents this from happening so it may have been a cause of high levels of circulating estrogen..Testicles are noticeably larger while on clomid but that's not a bad thing.

seansayin

Awards
Is it necessary to run an AI on a low dose clomid? like 12.5 EOD?

I noticed I feel great when I do this, but def don't want estrogen to randomly spike.. You guys think arimistane be enough?

FRITZBLITZ

FRITZBLITZ

Banned
Awards
I'd like to know as well.
All my research says yes!!! And I personally sit at 690 Test and got it up to 1100's I was taking 12.5 mg e3d and Bloods were drawn at week 3. I did this for 1 month. Had bloods drawn 3 months later and it was in 700s so I'm not sure how long the elevation lasted. I have read of a guy doing even lower dosing for 12 weeks and he got it up to 1400s but I don't remember his BL. I've read a bunch on it but without any good calculations to suggest because it does work on everyone in some degree but as for optimum dose and time length it's kinda a FEEL AS YOU GO treatment until real research tests are done. I would definitely give it a run. I'm planning on doing it 1 month before a cycle so I'll start at 1100 and raise my Test from there. Xtra 400iu is way better than raising up from 690 for what little cost and almost 0 sides. JSYK I hate clomid at the 50mg I run PCT but this small dose was so mild I had only a few flushings the entire time. I really wish there was research or log on a CYCLE->PCT->CLOMID CRUISE->CYCLE->PCT

FRITZBLITZ

FRITZBLITZ

Banned
Awards
Is it necessary to run an AI on a low dose clomid? like 12.5 EOD?

I noticed I feel great when I do this, but def don't want estrogen to randomly spike.. You guys think arimistane be enough?
Why would you take an AI??? You don't know how clomid works stop taking chems and do some research and I mean that in a nice way, for your benefit
I forgot to mention my free T was 89 on a 6-25 scale and that's really the only thing that counts. I did take 2 grams of Nettle Root extract 10:1 ed which was too much it dried me out and lowered my E2 litterally to the very last number in normal but that was only meant to bind up SBHG and raise free T but it does have an aromatase inhibitor

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
Question here. Is it possible to find an ideal dose that boosts up T levels to upper range but doesn't give all of those dreaded emotional sides? Or is really just going to minimize them? Thanks!

ozzie1987

ozzie1987

Awards
I've been having clomid 25mg M/W/F and feel great. Strength is up etc and it's dirt cheap for me too. I do have naturally high E too so I add in .25 adex once or twice a week, you definitely get a feel for it.

uprightrows

Awards
  • Established
Question here. Is it possible to find an ideal dose that boosts up T levels to upper range but doesn't give all of those dreaded emotional sides? Or is really just going to minimize them? Thanks!
I think it is person dependent. I don't get very many sides from PCT doses of clomid, maybe a little emotional and actually almost flew off the handle once or twice (like worse than tren), which was odd and I've never heard of in other people, for me the sides go away after a week or so at the same dose, so it may be a question of duration and acclimation than dose.

seansayin

Awards
Why would you take an AI??? You don't know how clomid works stop taking chems and do some research and I mean that in a nice way, for your benefit
I forgot to mention my free T was 89 on a 6-25 scale and that's really the only thing that counts. I did take 2 grams of Nettle Root extract 10:1 ed which was too much it dried me out and lowered my E2 litterally to the very last number in normal but that was only meant to bind up SBHG and raise free T but it does have an aromatase inhibitor
Someone up had said they ran an AI at low dose to keep estrogen in check.. I was just asking if estrogen would be an issue with low dose clomid

uprightrows

Awards
  • Established
Yes some people do, not really sure what fritz is talking about. When used for TRT a low dose AI is sometimes co-administered because estrogen can be an issue, especially at higher doses.

seansayin

Awards
Yes some people do, not really sure what fritz is talking about. When used for TRT a low dose AI is sometimes co-administered because estrogen can be an issue, especially at higher doses.
i see have you had success with clomid standalone yourself? Thanks btw

FRITZBLITZ

FRITZBLITZ

Banned
Awards
Someone up had said they ran an AI at low dose to keep estrogen in check.. I was just asking if estrogen would be an issue with low dose clomid
I think uninformed ppl think that clomid Increases Test. IT does not! it tricks the body into raising in on it's own production. You will never have E2 problems and unless you have so much Aromatase enzyme in your system that you probably have a clit instead of a d!ck

uprightrows

Awards
  • Established
I think uninformed ppl think that clomid Increases Test. IT does not! it tricks the body into raising in on it's own production. You will never have E2 problems and unless you have so much Aromatase enzyme in your system that you probably have a clit instead of a d!ck
Ok... that is far from true. You're the who needs to do a litte research fritz. Yes it works by blocking estrogen in your hypothalamus, and the only way your body knows how to get more estrogen is by aromatizing test, so you get more gnrh, more lh and eventually more test. In fact, it can even put you into supraphysiological ranges. However the SERM doesn't do anything to serum levels of e2, infact it raises it, you are still aromatizing all that new test you have and you very well might need an AI to compensate for and control these newly elevated levels.

uprightrows

Awards
  • Established
i see have you had success with clomid standalone yourself? Thanks btw
No, but I know people who have. I have used it successfully for pct several times and low dose on a trest inject cycle to keep my test levels above 100 lol (way above actually)

Zariph

Awards
When doing a clomid cycle, could you maybe add epistane or something? Will you be able to keep test high during the run maube

FRITZBLITZ

FRITZBLITZ

Banned
Awards
Ok... that is far from true. You're the who needs to do a litte research fritz. Yes it works by blocking estrogen in your hypothalamus, and the only way your body knows how to get more estrogen is by aromatizing test, so you get more gnrh, more lh and eventually more test. In fact, it can even put you into supraphysiological ranges. However the SERM doesn't do anything to serum levels of e2, infact it raises it, you are still aromatizing all that new test you have and you very well might need an AI to compensate for and control these newly elevated levels.
The rise in E2 is moderate and only in PCT doses. and your wrong on the effects of serum levels. long term your production is lower then absorption at the non-selected receptor cites. And WHY would you assume you would be aromatising additional Test production. You are thinking very small as cause and effect. You need to read more on how clomid reacts to the entire axis IN MEN and what the brain thinks is going on in the body to react in the way it does.

uprightrows

Awards
  • Established
The rise in E2 is moderate and only in PCT doses. and your wrong on the effects of serum levels. long term your production is lower then absorption at the non-selected receptor cites. And WHY would you assume you would be aromatising additional Test production. You are thinking very small as cause and effect. You need to read more on how clomid reacts to the entire axis IN MEN and what the brain thinks is going on in the body to react in the way it does.
Ok buddy, it's actually a relatively simple concept. Essentially the SERM is blocking the ERs in your hypothalamus, as long as this is occurring your hypo thinks you need estrogen so it will keep giving instructions to make LH which instructs your leydigs to make test so it can be aromatized to e2. Once the hypothalamus see the e2 it knows when to pump the brakes on gnrh production, but the SERM is preventing this from happening, hence you keep making more test and aromatizing more e2 because your brain thinks you need it, even though you could have very high serum levels. This is one of the reasons rebound gyno can occur. Also the WHY" you eluded to is not an assumption, absent an AI anytime you make more test or get some endogenously you are aromatizing more test, more test=more e2. The degree this occurs is variable based on body composition and genetics but it is pretty much universally true.

uprightrows

Awards
  • Established
When doing a clomid cycle, could you maybe add epistane or something? Will you be able to keep test high during the run maube
Well then it would just be an epistane cycle with clomid lol. Not that there's anything wrong with that, I don't know about high but it would give you some amount of natty test production while on the epi and keep your LH going a little.

FRITZBLITZ

FRITZBLITZ

Banned
Awards
Ok buddy, it's actually a relatively simple concept. Essentially the SERM is blocking the ERs in your hypothalamus, as long as this is occurring your hypo thinks you need estrogen so it will keep giving instructions to make LH which instructs your leydigs to make test so it can be aromatized to e2. Once the hypothalamus see the e2 it knows when to pump the brakes on gnrh production, but the SERM is preventing this from happening, hence you keep making more test and aromatizing more e2 because your brain thinks you need it, even though you could have very high serum levels. This is one of the reasons rebound gyno can occur. Also the WHY" you eluded to is not an assumption, absent an AI anytime you make more test or get some endogenously you are aromatizing more test, more test=more e2. The degree this occurs is variable based on body composition and genetics but it is pretty much universally true.
to start I'm Not Your Buddy... Guy
LOL I think I have read that over symlified article in a Men's Heath or TRT website LOL...That is the absolute most basic Idea of how The increase in Test occures from clomid but you are explaining how a internal combustion engine works by saying you press the gas. gas goes to engine. engine drives car.
There are so many other factors to argue but lets start with why can't you keep this cycle going till your LH is in the 100's and Test is 10,000 as long as you have alot of dex?
Why can't you achieve this exact effect by just eradicating aromatase? no estro to hit receptor in hypo so gnrh keeps going to P gland right?
Why does the LH and and leydigs keep working once SERM is gone/ as in what causes permanent shutdown VS reversible shutdown

FRITZBLITZ

FRITZBLITZ

Banned
Awards
I think you just have a google grasp of how hormonal axis works and you are just brosciencing your explanation of how clomid or other SERMS work

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
LOL I think I have read that over symlified article in a Men's Heath or TRT website LOL...That is the absolute most basic Idea of how The increase in Test occures from clomid but you are explaining how a internal combustion engine works by saying you press the gas. gas goes to engine. engine drives car.
There are so many other factors to argue but lets start with why can't you keep this cycle going till your LH is in the 100's and Test is 10,000 as long as you have alot of dex?
Why can't you achieve this exact effect by just eradicating aromatase? no estro to hit receptor in hypo so gnrh keeps going to P gland right?
Why does the LH and and leydigs keep working once SERM is gone/ as in what causes permanent shutdown VS reversible shutdown
As "basic" as it may be, he's not wrong.

uprightrows

Awards
  • Established
First of all I was trying to be polite and phrase things in an easily understandable way. I've seen some of your other posts and your grasp of endocrinology seems tenuous at best. I'll humor you this one time but I am not really interested in having a debate with you, we should be focused on the actual thread and answering the OP and others questions. It doesn't matter how high your LH gets, there is an upper limit to how much testosterone your leydig cells can physically produce, and once they are maxed out the only way to further increase your test with out exogenous application. And I'm not sure what you are getting at with the high dosing AI thing, I don't think that was ever brought up in any prior posts, and it's somewhat of a facile argument, there are serious ramifications from completely eliminating circulating e2 with high dose/potency AIs (which no one was talking about)
And there is really nothing to argue about, regardless of your views or more accurately misinterpretations, it is a fact that several TRT protocols of clomid only include an AI, and these are devised and prescribed by actual endocrinologist who I would hope know more than both of us about this subject. That doesn't mean everyone will need an AI, but it's not unheard of on clomid only cycles. Now lets get back to the actual thread, thanks everyone for bearing through this lol.

FRITZBLITZ

FRITZBLITZ

Banned
Awards
First of all I was trying to be polite and phrase things in an easily understandable way. I've seen some of your other posts and your grasp of endocrinology seems tenuous at best. I'll humor you this one time but I am not really interested in having a debate with you, we should be focused on the actual thread and answering the OP and others questions. It doesn't matter how high your LH gets, there is an upper limit to how much testosterone your leydig cells can physically produce, and once they are maxed out the only way to further increase your test with out exogenous application. And I'm not sure what you are getting at with the high dosing AI thing, I don't think that was ever brought up in any prior posts, and it's somewhat of a facile argument, there are serious ramifications from completely eliminating circulating e2 with high dose/potency AIs (which no one was talking about)
And there is really nothing to argue about, regardless of your views or more accurately misinterpretations, it is a fact that several TRT protocols of clomid only include an AI, and these are devised and prescribed by actual endocrinologist who I would hope know more than both of us about this subject. That doesn't mean everyone will need an AI, but it's not unheard of on clomid only cycles. Now lets get back to the actual thread, thanks everyone for bearing through this lol.
I'll stop arguing since it does no good. I realize it is common to have low dose ai when on TRT however, this is most commonly needed because the TRT is introducing enough Test to raise the levels higher than than that person's genetics would be at if he didn't need TRT Ex. a 45 YO man that didn't have 1080 ng/dl at age 20 but now he does have that at 45 and so his body is responding in the only way can. In my run of clomid I asked takled it over with my prime dr. and he has a background in something along the lines of nero and physia chemistry. My point was that my run it raised up to at least 1100s BW third week, and with only taking Nettle Root Extract (low aroma inhibt) I had the lowest E2 I have ever tested and 1100's would be rare in a 33 YO at least by 200 so the fact that mine was elevated beyond my natural range and yet a low AI destroyed my E2 I can't see it possible to trick your production high enough to need an AI unless you are just taking far too much for too long your body is just trying to overcompensate on clomid, but it's not going to go extreme.

uprightrows

Awards
  • Established
Sounds good, very useful post. My main point was some others might aromatize differently and need one. But in any case don't just start taking an AI without bloods to verfiy you do infact have high e2.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm 2 weeks into a clomid/aromasin cycle. It's not the first time I've played with a clomid cycle. I do not suffer hypogonadism but I do know I make noticeably faster gains/recovery while running clomid than not. I run an AI at low doses to keep estrogen in check. Is it a substitute for a steroid cycle? No! but then again if you're afraid of permanent suppression it's the safer alternative and high normal test levels are not a bad thing. I've never noticed anything from OTC test boosters. It's definitely a step up from there IME

Current stack

Clomid
50mg E5D
Aromasin 12.5mg E4D

You could try a lower dose as has been suggested to keep estrogen in check but ofcourse you may not see the same boost in test levels either. I think 4 weeks may be a little short to really notice much running clomid. I go for 8-10 weeks at a time personally. Dirt cheap cycle.
How did u choose your dosages and frequency? Trial and error?

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
Yes trial and error. More has not been better for me and there's the convenience of not having to dose every day. You're probably aware of studies in which clomid proves effective without daily dosing afterall it does have an approximate 6 day half life. I do feel very good on this protocol.

seansayin

Awards
I see there are differing views just like many other supp talks lol

I'll prob just dose 12.5 EOD/3 days a week and get some blood work and see for myself I suppose.
Best determination in my case

Thanks for all the inputs lads

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
I see there are differing views just like many other supp talks lol

I'll prob just dose 12.5 EOD/3 days a week and get some blood work and see for myself I suppose.
Best determination in my case

Thanks for all the inputs lads

Absolutely. Blood work is certainly the best was to optimize a protocol. Goodluck with it