Clomid as a run

joe123!

joe123!

Awards
  • Established
My doc has me doing clomid for 3 weeks on 1 week off & repeat to bring back my test. It got me thinking, It's not anabolic, blocks estrogen & skyrockets your testosterone, which is anabolic.

Has anyone tried to just cycle clomid on its own for a couple months? If so, what kind of results did it yield? Seems intriguing since there's zero suppression and no PCT required. I mean, if your at 700 total T and take.clomid.youll probably be around 1100-1200s.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
My doc has me doing clomid for 3 weeks on 1 week off & repeat to bring back my test. It got me thinking, It's not anabolic, blocks estrogen & skyrockets your testosterone, which is anabolic.

Has anyone tried to just cycle clomid on its own for a couple months? If so, what kind of results did it yield? Seems intriguing since there's zero suppression and no PCT required. I mean, if your at 700 total T and take.clomid.youll probably be around 1100-1200s.
There are ppl who use clomid long term as hrt.

Here's my take on using it in the fashion your describing.

Going from 700-1100 for 12-20 weeks is not going to make a huge difference. You gotta get well outside the natural range to make unnatural gains.

If you were super low like 200 and went to 1100 you would probably have big improvements but going from a healthy number to a higher healthy number isint a big difference.

Then we got side effects, emotional problems and mood swings. Being happy one minute and angry or crying the next. Those are possibilities for some ppl on clomid. For me personally I'm normal when I was using anywhere from 12.5-25, sometimes 50mg, but 50mg + I would find myself being sad for no reason or frustrated upset very easy. And keep in mind my mood is pretty damn stable all the time, it takes a lot to throw me off.

There's also a percentage of ppl who suffer from vision blurring and serms in general have there own negative health impacts.

Serms are better to only use when needed.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Also clomid and serms do not block estrogen, they actually bind to the estrogen receptors in the brain I believe and make the body think it has low estrogen levels, then estrogen can't bind to the receptors

joe123!

joe123!

Awards
  • Established
There are ppl who use clomid long term as hrt.

Here's my take on using it in the fashion your describing.

Going from 700-1100 for 12-20 weeks is not going to make a huge difference. You gotta get well outside the natural range to make unnatural gains.

If you were super low like 200 and went to 1100 you would probably have big improvements but going from a healthy number to a higher healthy number isint a big difference.

Then we got side effects, emotional problems and mood swings. Being happy one minute and angry or crying the next. Those are possibilities for some ppl on clomid. For me personally I'm normal when I was using anywhere from 12.5-25, sometimes 50mg, but 50mg + I would find myself being sad for no reason or frustrated upset very easy. And keep in mind my mood is pretty damn stable all the time, it takes a lot to throw me off.

There's also a percentage of ppl who suffer from vision blurring and serms in general have there own negative health impacts.

Serms are better to only use when needed.
Great reply. I tested at 397 total T and my free was like 7 on a range of 4-40. I've done clomid in the past as a PCT, but never in this fashion. I'm not expecting much out of it, figure I might get a little more alertness, endurance, libido spike & maybe better recovery. At least that's what I'm hoping for, Just better health benefits. I know it's not going to make me jacked lol

Last time I took it I did a 50 mg for 2 weeks then stepped down to 25 the next two. The pills I have now are 60 mg and their tabs, so I can't split them. Which might be why he's having me take off a week every 3 weeks.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Great reply. I tested at 397 total T and my free was like 7 on a range of 4-40. I've done clomid in the past as a PCT, but never in this fashion. I'm not expecting much out of it, figure I might get a little more alertness, endurance, libido spike & maybe better recovery. At least that's what I'm hoping for, Just better health benefits. I know it's not going to make me jacked lol

Last time I took it I did a 50 mg for 2 weeks then stepped down to 25 the next two. The pills I have now are 60 mg and their tabs, so I can't split them. Which might be why he's having me take off a week every 3 weeks.
Your free testosterone is much more important then total testosterone, I'd bet if you got that 7 up to in the 30's or higher you would notice a massive difference

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Both numbers are important, free and total, but I think you know what Im saying. The free testosterone is what your making use of

joe123!

joe123!

Awards
  • Established
Both numbers are important, free and total, but I think you know what Im saying. The free testosterone is what your making use of
Exactly, would love.to see my free in the 30s! I'd feel I'm my 20s again.lol

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Exactly, would love.to see my free in the 30s! I'd feel I'm my 20s again.lol
Boron raises free testosterone pretty good for many ppl, I don't know if boron and clomid have any interactions so I'd look into that before supplementing but 6mg boron 2x day to raise free testosterone, and zinc 30mg per day also I believe.

More isint better, stick with those dosages. Too much zinc causes imbalances with other minerals

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nice topic Joe .. i havent much experienced with it so cant comment on the usage of clomid on non PCT

i dont also think "test" levels is everything .. smont touched on it seems like earlier .. going from above avg to high test , dont know if you will see anything as results physically

but yea low to high you def should .. keep us posted on how you react to it .. if your 397 gets to 500+ and you see/feel difference along with free T

best of luck

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
On a side note, don't let the numbers on a piece of paper take your motivation away, there's plenty of men with low testosterone who still look fantastic. If you can perfect your diet and training with low t and make progress, imagine how you will feel and progress once you fix the other problem

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Take it from a guy who suffered for years wasting time trying everything under the sun for hypogonadism: if you medically need testosterone take f**king testosterone. NO MAN-MADE synthetic estrogen is going to replace the total effects and benefits of properly replaced bio-identical testosterone. Were SERMS schedule 3 and test non-scheduled no doctor would even be trying this long-term clomid non-sense. Look if you are 19 or something there is no harm in an attempt to restart endo production in order to avoid starting trt for life so early, but if it is needed it is needed.

NO doctor tells hypo-thyroid patients to try iodine and tyrosine to try and "restart" their thyroid. No they put them on the meds they need no bsing around. No doctor tries to jump start a pancreas..........you get the idea. An 11-year-old girl can get female hormones thrown at her like it's an extra hair scrunchy but heaven forbid you put a male on the f**king hormone his body lacks and nature/God intended him to have.

Take it from me get the proper meds you need.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
i will say, i used clomid to restart my HPTa with great success. it works but it takes time.. a few months. it will raise test a bit and help free it up a little. but when i did it it was dosed 25 mgs EOD not 3 weeks in a row.

ssg11111

ssg11111

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Hi,

Couple notes as I did something similar:
1) If you have low test, clomid can be indirectly anabolic as it will increase your energy levels, desire to workout, etc
2) It does lower IGF levels by like 15-20% depending on the dose so that will hamper any gains but is not permanent
3) Clomid has the zuclomiphene piece which creates a ton of estrogen normally rocketing your libido but can also suck and give you high E and its sides

For someone with low T, yes I would take it as it can permanently help your T levels and your gains through its mental and some physical changes.

For someone with higher levels of T (600+), I wouldn't do it. Doubtful of much noticeable gain and estrogen can get out of control.

Enclomiphene is somewhat newer and may be better but is commonly faked, expensive and wouldn't be worth the money.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I used to do Clomid only cycles for 8 weeks a couple of times a year, my normal test level was in the 500’s and when on Clomid it was 900-1100. I never had any side, I actually felt great on it, I did 25mg ed.

match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Take it from a guy who suffered for years wasting time trying everything under the sun for hypogonadism: if you medically need testosterone take f**king testosterone. NO MAN-MADE synthetic estrogen is going to replace the total effects and benefits of properly replaced bio-identical testosterone. Were SERMS schedule 3 and test non-scheduled no doctor would even be trying this long-term clomid non-sense. Look if you are 19 or something there is no harm in an attempt to restart endo production in order to avoid starting trt for life so early, but if it is needed it is needed.

NO doctor tells hypo-thyroid patients to try iodine and tyrosine to try and "restart" their thyroid. No they put them on the meds they need no bsing around. No doctor tries to jump start a pancreas..........you get the idea. An 11-year-old girl can get female hormones thrown at her like it's an extra hair scrunchy but heaven forbid you put a male on the f**king hormone his body lacks and nature/God intended him to have.

Take it from me get the proper meds you need.
Well said! The only thing missing was:

WesleyInman

WesleyInman

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I administered this when working in the med field. 25mgs ED or EOD was the most common dosage

Def has a nicer gain using Nolva alongside it even at say 10mgs ED.

The best result I saw, was in a patient, he was prob late 30s and around 2-300n/dL consistently. We kept him on clomid for 6 months and tested him monthly. He ended up with a 1,000-1,100 n/dL level.

Clomid absolutely is a PED regardless that it is mild compared to say injections.

The most common side effects I have heard in patients and bodybuilders is acne and mood swings.

IMO Enclomiphene is a superior result.

joe123!

joe123!

Awards
  • Established
On a side note, don't let the numbers on a piece of paper take your motivation away, there's plenty of men with low testosterone who still look fantastic. If you can perfect your diet and training with low t and make progress, imagine how you will feel and progress once you fix the other problem
Honestly, I'm one of those guys. I'm 5'8 and 1/2, 179 lb and around 10-11% bf. My greatest issue was being tired and slow recovery. I have to get blood in 5 weeks, I'll post on this thread if the needle moved.

Also, you mentioned Boron. I took that for 3 months and the blood worked showed my free test went from 2 to 7, wasn't drastic, but it did help

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Honestly, I'm one of those guys. I'm 5'8 and 1/2, 179 lb and around 10-11% bf. My greatest issue was being tired and slow recovery. I have to get blood in 5 weeks, I'll post on this thread if the needle moved.

Also, you mentioned Boron. I took that for 3 months and the blood worked showed my free test went from 2 to 7, wasn't drastic, but it did help
Keep your head up, your getting bloodwork and working on it, that's more then the majority of people do. You be surprised how many people will feel like crap can't do anything it will never bother to go get their blood work done to see what the problem is. They just complain and settle for misery.
Your already a step ahead of the game.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I administered this when working in the med field. 25mgs ED or EOD was the most common dosage

Def has a nicer gain using Nolva alongside it even at say 10mgs ED.

The best result I saw, was in a patient, he was prob late 30s and around 2-300n/dL consistently. We kept him on clomid for 6 months and tested him monthly. He ended up with a 1,000-1,100 n/dL level.

Clomid absolutely is a PED regardless that it is mild compared to say injections.

The most common side effects I have heard in patients and bodybuilders is acne and mood swings.

IMO Enclomiphene is a superior result.
Do you know if there's a long-term downside of suppression or becoming reliant on the clomid.

I know if your low testosterone then you need to stay on the clomid to keep test elevated. But what if someone was middle of the road and decided to go on clomid for 6 months to try to stay high end normal. Is there any kind of suppression or negative feedback loop for someone using it extended periods of time.

Basically I'm saying if you use it long term and come off, will you go right back to your original number or is there a possibility you could dip down lower. It's not something I've ever seen brought up so I have no clue. I thought maybe with your medical background you might have seen this at some point?

Scottfalcon

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What about clomid and aromasin together? Not suggesting, just thinking/asking. We've discussed what clomid does, and then adding aromasin would control the estrogen spike from clomid, and aromasin itself has been shown to raise T and i believe I read it does so without affecting lipids.

joe123!

joe123!

Awards
  • Established
What about clomid and aromasin together? Not suggesting, just thinking/asking. We've discussed what clomid does, and then adding aromasin would control the estrogen spike from clomid, and aromasin itself has been shown to raise T and i believe I read it does so without affecting lipids.
Not sure about that one, but my doc was more than willing to give me CJC to stack with clomid. Figure the combination of spiking my test and growth hormone would be a double whammy. I'll pick some up after my next bloods. However, I first wanted to see how my body would react to 60 mg of Clomid before stacking something.

WesleyInman

WesleyInman

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Do you know if there's a long-term downside of suppression or becoming reliant on the clomid.

I know if your low testosterone then you need to stay on the clomid to keep test elevated. But what if someone was middle of the road and decided to go on clomid for 6 months to try to stay high end normal. Is there any kind of suppression or negative feedback loop for someone using it extended periods of time.

Basically I'm saying if you use it long term and come off, will you go right back to your original number or is there a possibility you could dip down lower. It's not something I've ever seen brought up so I have no clue. I thought maybe with your medical background you might have seen this at some point?
This is a great question. And actually very important info that most even educated bodybuilders don't know.

I can tell you based on hundreds of patients what I saw.

#1- HPTA took about 2-12 months to return in patients. "If" it would return. Now that was tough to tell because we didn't always have a baseline. Most of the patients were hypogonadal naturally but of course I also have seen hundreds of clients over the years labs that are Anabolic users.

The variables that affected a returning HPTA were age, cycle history, metabolism, overall health and drug use and alcohol use. So in an older male that had cycled for years, of course it was going to take way longer to return HPTA. I see guys run PCT for 4 weeks, or even 8 weeks and that is dead wrong unless you are a novice.

Another thing, studies exist, anyone can find them on pubmed. Even one cycle, or HRT can strongly diminish your"future" or "permanent" functioning baseline.

So lets say you were 600 n/dL, then you ran a cycle. Now lets say you do your PCT, and even if you stay on Clomid for long term. You come off. Now you might be at 400n/dL as your "new" baseline. This does commonly happen. It DOES NOT always happen though. Another thing that can happen. I have seen a patient come in with say a 200 n/dL level (and Im only using Total T for basis of this discussion though I am very aware of Free T, DHT, LH, FSH's roll.) Im simply talking about Total T. So anyways I have seen patients come in low. Stay on clomid for a year say, then come off and then retest and have a consistent baseline of say 400n/dL. So I have absolutely seen Clomid improve a hypogonadal patients baseline figures.

The other thing is, clomid is always an elevated number. So I see guys run clomid and even if its 25 or 50mgs per day, they will give blood work the same day or even 24 hours later and then say "holy **** I am recovered. I have recovered my HPTA"

Well thats not true. What you are seeing is the elevated figure from the clomid etc.

It is for this very reason I have all my clients stay off clomid for 3-4 weeks before testing and I also do not let them workout for 3-4 days prior to labs, bc I want to see a truer picture of all their numbers, whether that be the T, or the CBC, RBC, liver and kidney functions you name it.

Another thing we used besides Clomid is HCG for a cycle. Studies show as little as 900iu per week total puts the average male in the average functioning range. You absolutely can use HCG as HRT. It will aromatize for many and so you very well may have to use an AI, etc, while on even just HCG. The mistake doctors do, is they give an HRT patient a fertility protocol.. They will blast their patient with say 5kIu per week total, or even 10kiu and they do it in one shot. I have seen that before. Causes massive side effects and fluctuation, not to mention this can and often permanently desensitizes and damages the testicles.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
This is a great question. And actually very important info that most even educated bodybuilders don't know.

#1- HPTA took about 2-12 months to return in patients. "If" it would return. Now that was tough to tell because we didn't always have a baseline. Most of the patients were hypogonadal naturally but of course I also have seen hundreds of clients over the years labs that are Anabolic users.

The variables that affected a returning HPTA were age, cycle history, metabolism, overall health and drug use and alcohol use. So in an older male that had cycled for years, of course it was going to take way longer to return HPTA. I see guys run PCT for 4 weeks, or even 8 weeks and that is dead wrong unless you are a novice.

Another thing, studies exist, anyone can find them on pubmed. Even one cycle, or HRT can strongly diminish your"future" or "permanent" functioning baseline.

So lets say you were 600 n/dL, then you ran a cycle. Now lets say you do your PCT, and even if you stay on Clomid for long term. You come off. Now you might be at 400n/dL as your "new" baseline. This does commonly happen. It DOES NOT always happen though. Another thing that can happen. I have seen a patient come in with say a 200 n/dL level (and Im only using Total T for basis of this discussion though I am very aware of Free T, DHT, LH, FSH's roll.) Im simply talking about Total T. So anyways I have seen patients come in low. Stay on clomid for a year say, then come off and then retest and have a consistent baseline of say 400n/dL. So I have absolutely seen Clomid improve a hypogonadal patients baseline figures.

The other thing is, clomid is always an elevated number. So I see guys run clomid and even if its 25 or 50mgs per day, they will give blood work the same day or even 24 hours later and then say "holy **** I am recovered. I have recovered my HPTA"

Well thats not true. What you are seeing is the elevated figure from the clomid etc.

It is for this very reason I have all my clients stay off clomid for 3-4 weeks before testing and I also do not let them workout for 3-4 days prior to labs, bc I want to see a truer picture of all their numbers, whether that be the T, or the CBC, RBC, liver and kidney functions you name it.

Another thing we used besides Clomid is HCG for a cycle. Studies show as little as 900iu per week total puts the average male in the average functioning range. You absolutely can use HCG as HRT. It will aromatize for many and so you very well may have to use an AI, etc, while on even just HCG. The mistake doctors do, is they give an HRT patient a fertility protocol.. They will blast their patient with say 5kIu per week total, or even 10kiu and they do it in one shot. I have seen that before. Causes massive side effects and fluctuation, not to mention this can and often permanently desensitizes and damages the testicles.
what about stacking chlomid with HCG to nullify estrogen effects of HCG and possibly boost lh more?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!

Great post, I know countless ppl who got bloods 3-4 weeks in pct and they think they recovered. I always tell them you need bloods s couple months after pct to make sure you recovered. Most just start another cycle and negate the whole recovery process

ssg11111

ssg11111

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Not sure about that one, but my doc was more than willing to give me CJC to stack with clomid. Figure the combination of spiking my test and growth hormone would be a double whammy. I'll pick some up after my next bloods. However, I first wanted to see how my body would react to 60 mg of Clomid before stacking something.
So 60mg ED is A LOT. I would try 12.5mg ED and give it 2 weeks and adjust from there. Clomid has a very long half life due to the zuclo isomer and any changes in dose take a bit to adjust.

If you can get CJC legally....save that and run it with gear or during a PCT to retain gains.

I know I mentioned this but IMO at this point, it gets really expensive and youd be better off running gear.

PS: I also think its important to note that clomid maintains your natural test whereas TRT does not. I know this is a duh but fertility may be something important to you and your partner.

AndroRage

AndroRage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

What would you say is a good starting dose for someone wanting to try Clomid for purposes you mention and what is optimal ED or EOD dosing ? Really interested in your post.

bill86

bill86

Awards
  • Established
I have been looking into clomid as a friend of mine got his test from around 300 to 750 with it (I last tested 4 years ago and I was at 431). What do you guys look for in a blood test? Test, free test, SHBG, estrogen, anything else?

I’d like to get complete blood work, but when I went several years ago my GP only did total test and estradiol (431 and around 5.8 respectively) and refused to check total test, so it was kind of pointless

WesleyInman

WesleyInman

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
What would you say is a good starting dose for someone wanting to try Clomid for purposes you mention and what is optimal ED or EOD dosing ? Really interested in your post.
The standard and most often used dose in the medical field that I saw was 25mgs ED or even EOD

I have seen doses higher then that prescribed and those usually return with only slightly higher elevations but we see alot of sides in higher doses like mood swings and acne tbh.

So for my clients I keep them at 25mgs ED in the am daily.

I like the old school Nolva addition at 10-20mgs. Some guys favor Ralox. You can't really lose with the addition but it is not often prescribed along side Clomid either

Hope this helps.

Oldog

Awards
Hi,

Couple notes as I did something similar:
1) If you have low test, clomid can be indirectly anabolic as it will increase your energy levels, desire to workout, etc
2) It does lower IGF levels by like 15-20% depending on the dose so that will hamper any gains but is not permanent
3) Clomid has the zuclomiphene piece which creates a ton of estrogen normally rocketing your libido but can also suck and give you high E and its sides

For someone with low T, yes I would take it as it can permanently help your T levels and your gains through its mental and some physical changes.

For someone with higher levels of T (600+), I wouldn't do it. Doubtful of much noticeable gain and estrogen can get out of control.

Enclomiphene is somewhat newer and may be better but is commonly faked, expensive and wouldn't be worth the money.
Since we are considering this as a solo run wouldn't nolva be a better choice? I've read some studies about it having a more favorable effect on pituitary function. Whereas colmid has been found to suppress pituitary function.

bill86

bill86

Awards
  • Established
Since we are considering this as a solo run wouldn't nolva be a better choice? I've read some studies about it having a more favorable effect on pituitary function. Whereas colmid has been found to suppress pituitary function.
From what I’ve read, Nolva can have a similar effect, but apparently is not as pronounced. I know this isn’t super helpful, but I did want to provide an anecdote:

I was prescribed Nolva to help with pre-existing gyno (it didn’t work for that as the gyno was from puberty). I took 20mg per day for a couple of months. A few years prior, my total test came in around 430 at age 30-31, so, not very good. Now, I didn’t do blood work during this Nolva situation, so it’s pure speculation… but…

After several weeks I began noticing that I was in a better frame of mind that I have been in years. I felt like I could face whatever comes my way and I had more drive in the gym than ever before. I was so motivated for every workout and every meal. I didn’t notice much strength/size-wise to suggest any major impact on test, but the frame of mind was unbelievable. I eventually had to come off (as I had a limited supply) and I went back to feeling shitty, semi-depressed, hating my job, stressed, etc.

This could all be coincidental, but for those couple of months I felt AMAZING. With that said, I do think that there’s evidence for a potentially profound impact.

Again, I know this is only my experience, but I enjoyed it so much that I felt the need to share haha

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I think a solo run of nolva is going to be counterproductive. Even if it jacked up your testosterone it's going to lower your igf levels and make building muscle harder. When your on gear that's going to negate the decrease in igf. Also when using nolve on cycle with testosterone ppl tend to feel good, but in pct when your not on exogenous hormones nolva just like clomid tends to make a lot of ppl feel crappy. So running nolva solo is going to lower your igf, and potential to make you feel like crap

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I think everyone is trying to hard to reinvent the wheel with these clomid and nolva cycles.

If they were super effective then ppl wouldn't be rushing to end there pct, they would stay on the serms longer. But most ppl who have had to run a pct will know what I'm talking about. You can't wait to end the nolva or clomid. That's not everyone, I'm sure some ppl feel fine.

But if this was going to be a game changer then guys would have been doing it for the past 30 years because the serms and the idea of using them solo are not something new

ssg11111

ssg11111

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I think everyone is trying to hard to reinvent the wheel with these clomid and nolva cycles.

If they were super effective then ppl wouldn't be rushing to end there pct, they would stay on the serms longer. But most ppl who have had to run a pct will know what I'm talking about. You can't wait to end the nolva or clomid. That's not everyone, I'm sure some ppl feel fine.

But if this was going to be a game changer then guys would have been doing it for the past 30 years because the serms and the idea of using them solo are not something new
100% agreed. If you have crappy test levels, then they are a good idea improve your mental and physical health and help you feel what its like to have normal test levels. If you already have normal test levels they just add insult to injury especially with how they effect estrogen.

Not that Im aware of, either will increase your test and estrogen, raise your SHBG, and lower your igf1 while raising LSH and FSH. Clomid will usually raise estrogen more due to zuclomiphene and nolva can help get rid of existing gyno.

I personally find clomid to be a better pct due to it getting your estrogen back to normal quicker, but have nothing against nolva and have used it just fine.

As a solo run, see what I said to Smont and in my original comment. Get yourself tested and go from there.

Oldog

Awards
I think a solo run of nolva is going to be counterproductive. Even if it jacked up your testosterone it's going to lower your igf levels and make building muscle harder. When your on gear that's going to negate the decrease in igf. Also when using nolve on cycle with testosterone ppl tend to feel good, but in pct when your not on exogenous hormones nolva just like clomid tends to make a lot of ppl feel crappy. So running nolva solo is going to lower your igf, and potential to make you feel like crap
Yeah, I have heard that too. I’m already using mk @ 25mg/day. I also have dermicrine, sustain alpha and some old dermatrest I could throw in the mix. I know those aren’t overly potent but…. I also have some epiandro and DMZ on the way that I was planning on running in the future.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Yeah, I have heard that too. I’m already using mk @ 25mg/day. I also have dermicrine, sustain alpha and some old dermatrest I could throw in the mix. I know those aren’t overly potent but…. I also have some epiandro and DMZ on the way that I was planning on running in the future.
The absolute best non injection cycle I ever ran was the ol transdermal trest (I think 100mg a day ) epiandro 900mg a day, epistane 30mg a day and a extra 50 mg of oral trest pre workout.

That combo of epistane and epiandro worked amazingly well at handling the estrogen from trest. I gained about 12 lbs in 6 weeks and looked awesome while I was on it. The cosmetic effect was unreal. Didn't stick around long after pct tho. There's not a ton of actual muscle getting built in 6 weeks.

Unfortunately I can't fucks with trestolone any more, I mean I can, but I need a bunch of ai and prami or cabar from day 1 or I'm growing tits.

Can't handle certain products like I use to

Oldog

Awards
The absolute best non injection cycle I ever ran was the ol transdermal trest (I think 100mg a day ) epiandro 900mg a day, epistane 30mg a day and a extra 50 mg of oral trest pre workout.

That combo of epistane and epiandro worked amazingly well at handling the estrogen from trest. I gained about 12 lbs in 6 weeks and looked awesome while I was on it. The cosmetic effect was unreal. Didn't stick around long after pct tho. There's not a ton of actual muscle getting built in 6 weeks.

Unfortunately I can't fucks with trestolone any more, I mean I can, but I need a bunch of ai and prami or cabar from day 1 or I'm growing tits.

Can't handle certain products like I use to
That sounds intriguing too. I got 2 bottles of the old OL dermatrest and trying to find the best way use use it. I’ve run epiandro w DMZ before and liked that but never tried epistsane.

Short term I’ve got 4 weeks before I’ll be on a beach for spring break so I’m looking to lean out w/out having to worry about sides while on vacation. That’s why I thought the nolva, dermacrine and sustain would be a good short term run. Then I’d take a little break and run some combo of my other stuff.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
That sounds intriguing too. I got 2 bottles of the old OL dermatrest and trying to find the best way use use it. I’ve run epiandro w DMZ before and liked that but never tried epistsane.

Short term I’ve got 4 weeks before I’ll be on a beach for spring break so I’m looking to lean out w/out having to worry about sides while on vacation. That’s why I thought the nolva, dermacrine and sustain would be a good short term run. Then I’d take a little break and run some combo of my other stuff.
Just make sure when you use trest you have plenty of a real ai like exemestane or adex on hand and a solid pct with nolva and clomid if your not gonna use HCG.

Trest is extremely suppressive. It was originally going to be a male contraceptive.

Combining dermacrine, nolva and sustain alpha?

What's the goal. There's nothing in that cycle that builds muscle, I don't even know if you can call that a cycle. Dermacrine is more to make yourself feel good on cycle, I have used a rediculous amount of that stuff back in the day. Unless your using 6 pumps a day it's not building muscle, even at six it's gonna be extremely mild. It's a great little product but it's not a muscle builder

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
It's not going to help you lean out either. A 4 week run with what you suggested isint doing anything for you

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
If you wanna make use of some stuff like that, buy more of everything, use the dermacrine, sustain alpha and epiandro together for like 8 weeks start it now and continue it through spring break, at bare minimum your sex drive will be through the roof

Oldog

Awards
Well, that’s kinda what I was inclined to think as well. It’s not a lot of time to build anything, I realize that. Really just looking to lean out a bit more try and boost test to “feel better” levels. Then planning a more serious run later. Just looking for some honest feedback.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I been doing chlomid lately. splitting dosing 2x a day helped me with sides. not sure how people do eod

cylon357

cylon357

Awards
  • First Up Vote
In my experience with Clomid as HRT, I think it would be OK to run short term. The first 90 days or so I was using it I went from feeling meh to ROAR! But after that, the zuclo kicked in and I just sort of felt meh again. My numbers looked good, and continued to look good, but I just didn't feel it after that 90 days. So, in my experience, clomid might make sense in a short non-suppressive 'cycle', depending on dosage, but after 90 days or so I would call it quits on that.

I have recently switched to Enclomiphene as my HRT, and just added Dermacrine on top of it. Now this combo is nice so far!

Summary: clomid in a short run would be ok, but only if you are secondary. Enclomiphene is a better option (IMO).

PS - I guess I should find the "Introduce yourself" sub :)

Last edited:
joe123!

joe123!

Awards
  • Established
In my experience with Clomid as HRT, I think it would be OK to run short term. The first 90 days or so I was using it I went from feeling meh to ROAR! But after that, the zuclo kicked in and I just sort of felt meh again. My numbers looked good, and continued to look good, but I just didn't feel it after that 90 days. So, in my experience, clomid might make sense in a short non-suppressive 'cycle', depending on dosage, but after 90 days or so I would call it quits on that.

I have recently switched to Enclomiphene as my HRT, and just added Dermacrine on top of it. Now this combo is nice so far!

Summary: clomid in a short run would be ok, but only if you are secondary. Enclomiphene is a better option (IMO).

PS - I guess I should find the "Introduce yourself" sub :)

Good input, that's exactly the length of time I was thinking about stopping my clomid run. Like you, I'm only 3 weeks in and feel damn amazing. I'll probably do an every other day dose in order to tapper off.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Good input, that's exactly the length of time I was thinking about stopping my clomid run. Like you, I'm only 3 weeks in and feel damn amazing. I'll probably do an every other day dose in order to tapper off.
There's not really any need to taper off clomid. It stays in your system for a couple days so when you stop taking it your body will naturally just taper off as the half life eliminates it

joe123!

joe123!

Awards
  • Established
There's not really any need to taper off clomid. It stays in your system for a couple days so when you stop taking it your body will naturally just taper off as the half life eliminates it
Thanks, dude. I didn't realize that.

cylon357

cylon357

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I started with 50mg MWF and went from 400 total to 1100 (top of range being 1000), other hormones where near or over top as well. The zuclomiphene molecule really gives clomid its bad rap, I think. Enclomiphene solo seems to remove a lot of the emotional aspects associated with clomid, at least so far, and I feel like "getting stuff done" now, where before I was like "eh, it can wait". Would your doc be open to enclomiphene? They might know it as "Androxal" but probably won't have a clue on either name.

As already mentioned, no need to taper. Enclomiphene's half life is something like 10 to 12 hours, while zuclo is something crazy like 6 days. Point being, with clomid, the zuclo (aka the "bad") is going to hang around a lot longer than the enclo (aka the "good").

Oldog

Awards
I started with 50mg MWF and went from 400 total to 1100 (top of range being 1000), other hormones where near or over top as well. The zuclomiphene molecule really gives clomid its bad rap, I think. Enclomiphene solo seems to remove a lot of the emotional aspects associated with clomid, at least so far, and I feel like "getting stuff done" now, where before I was like "eh, it can wait". Would your doc be open to enclomiphene? They might know it as "Androxal" but probably won't have a clue on either name.

As already mentioned, no need to taper. Enclomiphene's half life is something like 10 to 12 hours, while zuclo is something crazy like 6 days. Point being, with clomid, the zuclo (aka the "bad") is going to hang around a lot longer than the enclo (aka the "good").
That's what I was wondering. If it could raise test to those levels. Mine also hovers in the 400-500 range.