clogged pump on ultra epi?

lanky

Awards
  • Established
just bought a 2 pack of ultra epi(new red label) and the pump is clogged. it takes over a half hour of constant pumping just to get maybe 1ml of gel out of the pump of the 1 bottle and the other is completely clogged? i have used 2 bottles of the old version(black label) a year ago .anyone know of a remedy besides taking a hack saw to the bottle and transfering the gel to a glass bottle?

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sorry for the hassle!

there's a couple things to try:
1) give the bottle a hot water bath - the propylene glycol monolaurate turns into a solid when it's cold - and bringing it to room temp won't "melt" it.
2) you can burp the bottle - this involves removing the bottom cap from the bottle (the plate with the lot code on it). using your finger press up onto the piston (this moves up the bottle as the gel is pumped)

here's a thread with more info on burping the bottle:
https://anabolicminds.com/community/threads/ultra-hard.326193/

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Sorry for the hassle!

there's a couple things to try:
1) give the bottle a hot water bath - the propylene glycol monolaurate turns into a solid when it's cold - and bringing it to room temp won't "melt" it.
2) you can burp the bottle - this involves removing the bottom cap from the bottle (the plate with the lot code on it). using your finger press up onto the piston (this moves up the bottle as the gel is pumped)

here's a thread with more info on burping the bottle:
https://anabolicminds.com/community/threads/ultra-hard.326193/
#2 worked really well for me!!!

really simple fix. (y):)

lanky

Awards
  • Established
the gel is leaking underneath the area where i push up on after taking off the bottom cap

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That's no fun!

There's a plug in the center of the piston at the bottom of the bottle - this seals the bottle after the piston is installed. If the bottle experiences some trauma it can cause this plug to be pushed open. if that plug isn't sealed closed, you can tap it closed (relatively gently) by tapping it with a small tool - we use a tiny rubber mallet/hammer. just remember, it's plastic. We had another customer recently who got a little too excited and smashed the plug through the piston and made a little bit of a mess.

you can push it closed, but there's a good chance it will force more gel out while you're trying to close it. DM me if you have questions.

lanky

Awards
  • Established
just tried it, i think it was pushing up on it without pumping at the same exact time that caused it to leak underneath

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
just making sure all is good now - follow up with me if there are any further issues

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Any update on if this worked

lanky

Awards
  • Established
Gel comes out both ends when i push on the plate and pump the top now.