Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Haha ok I was like dang I’m over here with 35-45s usually; how tf is he balancing those!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Haha ok I was like dang I’m over here with 35-45s usually; how tf is he balancing those!
No doubt my triceps would shoot off my elbow like a stretched rubberband off a finger with 90lb per hand.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Just smoked 205 on bb ohp which is usually a grinder so thats cool

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
K so got 215 on bb ohp press. Progressing a little finally.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
So can ohp my body weight now :) im excited about that. Smashed my delts today like i havent in a long time

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nice work man! Been implementing those Ahrens presses?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice PR! Was that strict or push-press? If strict, even a little push should get you 225.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Nice PR! Was that strict or push-press? If strict, even a little push should get you 225.
Strict. I feel like if i do it another day when im a little fresher ill get 225. It was hard but it wasnt a true 1rm. Then i turned around and did 3x3 at 185 which is also a pr so thats cool

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Today is my high rep bench day and hit a pr. 255x12

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
How are things going with school and everything?

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Schools going good other than how busy i am all the time :) grades are good so far so happy about that. Work is what is driving me crazy. When i picked this job up i told them i can work full time and take a bunch of shifts during the week. So what do they do? Put me on full time this week and left me no time for school work and theres a bunch due friday. Its like these restaurant workers don't get that im not looking to work there long term. They just want to put me on there bc im one of the strongest if not the strongest cook there but it makes me mad when you say one thing and they do another. Oh well

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Schools going good other than how busy i am all the time :) grades are good so far so happy about that. Work is what is driving me crazy. When i picked this job up i told them i can work full time and take a bunch of shifts during the week. So what do they do? Put me on full time this week and left me no time for school work and theres a bunch due friday. Its like these restaurant workers don't get that im not looking to work there long term. They just want to put me on there bc im one of the strongest if not the strongest cook there but it makes me mad when you say one thing and they do another. Oh well
Just tell them point blank this is not what we discussed and I am simply not available during these particular hours. You are going to have to discuss it with management and let them know if they value you that they need to keep to the original agreement or as close as possible. That you are not going to be punished for being the best, and if they can't work with you then you are going to start looking for a place that will.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Just tell them point blank this is not what we discussed and I am simply not available during these particular hours. You are going to have to discuss it with management and let them know if they value you that they need to keep to the original agreement or as close as possible. That you are not going to be punished for being the best, and if they can't work with you then you are going to start looking for a place that will.
I already did and i think theyre gonna work with me on it. I told them im taking tonight off already bc i have stuff due that i havent been able to get to brcause of work. Its not my fault a couple cooks quit and one got fired in the same week. Sucks for them but its not my problem. I think they're just thinking that bc the last time i worked here that i was always the guy to talk to to cover when a shift needed covered but i cant be that guy anymore

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yep, gotta remind them that school is your priority and you will do the best you can for them only after that priority is met. It’s the condition of your employment. Otherwise you’d still be framing.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
This always happens to the best of employees who do their job well. Never let the company take advantage of you. Your time is valuable and it’s the one thing in this world you can NEVER get back. What you give of it better be invested into something that will give you great return....YOUR HEALTH, family, school, well being, happiness, etc. Don’t ever let a company make you feel you need them but they NEED you. When they understand this they will also understand to abide by your initial agreement or risk losing a great employee!!!

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Happy thanksgiving everyone. Hows everyone doing? I havent been on for a while

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Happy thanksgiving! Been a while man, hope all has been goin good for ya.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Happy thanksgiving! Been a while man, hope all has been goin good for ya.
Been going alright. Schools going good pulling all A's and B's. Work sucks lol family is good. Havent been training as much last few weeks. Ive been on suboxone for the last almost a year now and im sick of having to rely on something to get me through the day so i decided to throw the rest of it away on tuesday and go cold turkey and im suffering right now for it but it doesnt last forever so on the other side ill be free again.

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Been going alright. Schools going good pulling all A's and B's. Work sucks lol family is good. Havent been training as much last few weeks. Ive been on suboxone for the last almost a year now and im sick of having to rely on something to get me through the day so i decided to throw the rest of it away on tuesday and go cold turkey and im suffering right now for it but it doesnt last forever so on the other side ill be free again.
Kratom. Marijuana can really help.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Kratom. Marijuana can really help.
No kratom for me. I got hooked on that stuff and had horrendous withdrawals. Also drug tested weekly and live in idaho where its illegal lol

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Congrats on school! Family life definitely tends to dictate how everything else is going, gotta keep it good and balanced. Cold turkey on the sub is a wise choice imo. Break the chains ya know? You got this.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Good for you mate! Props for breaking those chains!

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
So heres some updates as far as lifts go.
Recent bests
Squat 455 feeling like i can beat this right now
Deadlift 6 plates 585 not feeling like i can beat this one yet lol
Bench 375 feels same as deadlift lol
overhead press 215 strict
Incline bench 275

Im feeling like a 4 plate bench, 5 plate squat, and 3 plate incline bench, are not that distant in the future. Although since i just hit the six plate dead next goal is 600 and then 7 plates which is a ways away

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Recent bests
Incline bench 275

Im feeling like a 4 plate bench, 5 plate squat, and 3 plate incline bench, are not that distant in the future. Although since i just hit the six plate dead next goal is 600 and then 7 plates which is a ways away
Awesome Job Bro!

Humble

Humble

Awards
  • Established
Recent bests
Incline bench 275

Awesome stuff! Welcome back to the iron jungle!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Get them goals boiiii

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Really hammer your squat and try to get that up since you’re feeling good about it - if you can, the muscle & back strength you’ll build will help you pull off the 600lb pull.

Also, if you build your incline strength you will boost both your bench and your strict press simultaneously likely!

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Really hammer your squat and try to get that up since you’re feeling good about it - if you can, the muscle & back strength you’ll build will help you pull off the 600lb pull.

Also, if you build your incline strength you will boost both your bench and your strict press simultaneously likely!
Yeah i strayed away from incline for a while but im starting to do it weekly again. I feel like a ***** when i incline bench. Not used to hitting bench on not going over 3 plates. I want my incline to match that

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah i strayed away from incline for a while but im starting to do it weekly again. I feel like a ***** when i incline bench. Not used to hitting bench on not going over 3 plates. I want my incline to match that
You should be more embarrassed only strict pressing 215 when you can bench 375

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Yeah thats embarrassing too lol ive got a bad shoulder though so for quite a while i couldnt go any heavier than 185 on anything overhead or it would hurt real bad. So i just recently actually started being able to add weight overhead

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Not sure when yet but next cycle im thinking im gonna focus on overhead strength. Gonna get some mass and strength compounds on board

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I’m giving you a hard time, but do mind your shoulder health! You gotta get them healthy enough to be able to push them safely - the guys at the top had to train hard AND smart to get there. You were such a natural with that Db, you have great potential!

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
I’m giving you a hard time, but do mind your shoulder health! You gotta get them healthy enough to be able to push them safely - the guys at the top had to train hard AND smart to get there. You were such a natural with that Db, you have great potential!
Thanks man. Yeah i feel like they're healthy enough to really push em now. I may never strict press like larry wheels but it would be cool to get 315 over my head even if its a push press. I can get 245 up there with a push. Well last time i tried i could anyways. If i got my technique back i could smash anything ive ever done on clean and jerk for. Full on split jerk if i got my technique back i bet i could get quite a bit up there. But i just dont really have the motivation to focus that much on my olympic lifts right now. Maybe some day

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks man. Yeah i feel like they're healthy enough to really push em now. I may never strict press like larry wheels but it would be cool to get 315 over my head even if its a push press. I can get 245 up there with a push. Well last time i tried i could anyways. If i got my technique back i could smash anything ive ever done on clean and jerk for. Full on split jerk if i got my technique back i bet i could get quite a bit up there. But i just dont really have the motivation to focus that much on my olympic lifts right now. Maybe some day
Strict power is more important for transfer to everything anyway. Nobody thinks that a cross fitter dropping under a big weight is actually strong - it’s just how to get the biggest weight overhead. They couldn’t press something strict like a block or sandbag to save their lives. I see crossfitters jerking 265 barbells that cannot strict press 200lbs.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Strict power is more important for transfer to everything anyway. Nobody thinks that a cross fitter dropping under a big weight is actually strong - it’s just how to get the biggest weight overhead. They couldn’t press something strict like a block or sandbag to save their lives. I see crossfitters jerking 265 barbells that cannot strict press 200lbs.
Yeah i know lol but seeing some of them overhead squat 300+ is impressive to me. But yeah ive always been more worried about strict power which is why it sucks my overhead lifts are so weak lol

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah i know lol but seeing some of them overhead squat 300+ is impressive to me. But yeah ive always been more worried about strict power which is why it sucks my overhead lifts are so weak lol
Anyone getting 300 overhead, however they do it, even on perfect weightlifting bar, is strong in my book. There are definitely strong crossfitters.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Not sure when yet but next cycle im thinking im gonna focus on overhead strength. Gonna get some mass and strength compounds on board
I'm feeling the same way. Can't squat or deadlift right now, but have been OHPing 3xweek and for the first time ever my right shoulder isn't destroyed by it.

2019 goals.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
I'm feeling the same way. Can't squat or deadlift right now, but have been OHPing 3xweek and for the first time ever my right shoulder isn't destroyed by it.

2019 goals.
Mine is the right shoulder that always gives me problems too. Sucks lol

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Me three on the right shoulder lol. Which is weird because I’m a lefty, but maybe it couldn’t keep up I guess.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Me three on the right shoulder lol. Which is weird because I’m a lefty, but maybe it couldn’t keep up I guess.
Did i see on another thread you just ran m1t? If so how was it? M1t and sd are my next two on my oral to-do list

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Did i see on another thread you just ran m1t? If so how was it? M1t and sd are my next two on my oral to-do list
The second time I’ve used it (finished off the old Dragon Nutrition bottle I had), been 4-5 years, awesome stuff. Strongest oral I’ve ever used - you’re going to have high blood pressure, lethargy, and put weight on fast if you’re eating. Bet I went from 227-235 in 2 weeks. It is not a comfortable process.

You will add 30lbs to all your lifts in 3 weeks for sure. You won’t feel like lifting, but when you apply yourself you will hulk out. I call it Gorilladrol lol. You’re bigger, lazier, and capable of extreme displays of power when provoked