Chris Leben tests Positive for Winstrol

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
Leben Suspended for Nine Months after Failing UFC 89 Drug Test

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC), today released information stating that middleweight fighter Chris Leben tested positive for the anabolic agent stanozolol following his October 18th loss to Michael Bisping in the main event of UFC 89 in Birmingham, England.

As a result of the positive test, Leben will be suspended from fighting for nine months and must forfeit one-third of his fight purse.

“I am obviously disappointed with Chris, who has made great strides getting his life back on track,” said UFC President Dana White. “To his credit, he has taken responsibility for his actions and is accepting the punishment that has been handed down. But as always, the UFC puts the safety of its athletes first and foremost, and we won’t tolerate anyone using performance enhancing drugs in our organization.”

Leben said, “I’ve really done everything I can to turn my life around, and this is a huge setback for me, but it is something I will have to deal with. During my time off from fighting, I want to speak to kids about the dangers of using performance enhancing agents and let them know it just doesn’t get you ahead in life. Of course this is a hard hit for me monetarily, but more so this is embarrassing for me and for all of my fans. I apologize to the UFC and everyone who supported me in my fight in England. I hope to work through this and get back to fighting soon.”

The remaining 21 fighters on the UFC 89 card all passed their pre and post fight drug tests.

S

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just don't understand what these guys that test positive are thinking while they're taking these PEDs.

It's not like they don't know that they will get tested.

bigzach1234

bigzach1234

Awards
  • Established
i heard he tested positive for nanodrolone.

B

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
no it was stanazolo or whatever which is winstrol. does winny really help that much for an MMA fighter?

M

MMAMONSTER19

Awards
  • Established
no winny doesnt do much towards performance enhancement. its a fat loss steroid so in his defense its not like he was takin test to become so much stronger he was takn a steroid to cut back on weight but still rules are rules, and dont understand why he took it long enough to fail a drug test and be suspended for 9 months? that just sounds like he was an idiot and not thinking about that, but o well his life his career!

R

riskerz

Awards
people will find a way to cheat...people always cheat...

R

riskerz

Awards
only difference is the degree of how they cheat...

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Doesn't do much for performance? Ever hear of Ben Johnson?

Hate to clue you in, but Winstrol is used in horse racing to make an animal faster and stronger...

S

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Winstrol = fast twitch performance...no?

That would surely help in MMA IMO.

grila jujitsu

grila jujitsu

Awards
  • Established
he should have used furazabol! ways better in my opinion

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
no winny doesnt do much towards performance enhancement. its a fat loss steroid so in his defense its not like he was takin test to become so much stronger he was takn a steroid to cut back on weight but still rules are rules, and dont understand why he took it long enough to fail a drug test and be suspended for 9 months? that just sounds like he was an idiot and not thinking about that, but o well his life his career!
You have no idea what you're talking about. Please refrain from speaking about this subject until you are more knowledgeable.

B

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
do you guys think he was doing it till right up before the fight or even doing his cycle still or do you think they just found traces that he did it a couple months before?

flobot

flobot

Awards
  • Established
It's probably traces. Enough ppm in the bloodstream.

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, he definitely looked like he hopped on something. He cut up a lot.