Chris Benoit found dead

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
I agree but its more than about what drugs killed him it's the entire drug culture..Lets not pretend AS are safe and have no long lasting mental or physical effects,cause they do..
Since there are no long term studies on the long term mental or physical effects of steroids in existence you'll have to pardon me for calling bull**** on this. There is certainly a potential for long term physical affects on the cardio vascular system and the hepatic system with acute and more so with chronic use, and especially with orals, but it has never been studied long term. No one knows if there's a threshold of use where possible incidence of long term side effects rise above statistical significance. Same with the mental aspects, many of the studies justifying that bull**** being based on short term overdosed studies of hamsters from what I recall.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
i used to be a huge fan of his..but right now i hope he burns in hell for murdering that child and his wife
Dude, not arguing against what your saying, but you have NO idea what or why he may have done this...

I have known people that have cried out for help for yrs, and then only to be ignored, even by me. I just didnt see it and then bam, one day they off the whole family .... happened to a best friend of mine who killed his g/f, and then one of my pops friend's who killed his parents when he was 25...and that was eons ago; my pop is 80 yrs old.....there's things that we do not understand about how the mind works .... people go off the deep end all the time. I cant damn him to hell for that IF that was the reason, his psyke that is...

Tiberius

Awards
  • Established
I like how they are ignoring sleep depravation and every wrestler's breakfast of champions: painkillers and stimulants.

IT R TEH ROIDZ!!!

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
I like how they are ignoring sleep depravation and every wrestler's breakfast of champions: painkillers and stimulants.

IT R TEH ROIDZ!!!
That's always my favorite part of the wrestler 'roid horror stories.

Cop/Corroner: "He was known to use cocaine, amphetamenes, crystal meth, took pain killers and anti inflamatories in excess, drank a bottle of Jack Daniels a night, spent his life smashing his body onto a hard floor from heights, and he used steroids, and we found traces of all of these drugs and self abuse during is autopsy."

Headline: "Wrestler Dies from Steroid Use"

Report: "A famous wrestler died from using steroids..."

Etc. etc. etc. etc.

Y2Jversion1

Y2Jversion1

Board Supporter
Awards
A woman tells News 1130 in Vancouver, B.C. that Chris Benoit's son Daniel had a condition called Fragile X syndrome. Wikipedia describes the symptoms:

Aside from intellectual disability (mental retardation), prominent characteristics of the syndrome include an elongated face, large or protruding ears, flat feet, larger testicals in men (macroorchidism), and low muscle tone. Behavioral characteristics may include stereotypic movements (e.g., hand-flapping) and atypical social development, particularly shyness and limited eye contact. Some individuals with the fragile X syndrome also meet the diagnostic criteria for autism. While full mutation males tend to present with severe intellectual disability, the symptomology of full mutation females runs the gamut of minimally affected to severe intellectual disability, which may explain why females are underdiagnosed relative to males.

The woman interviewed for the News 1130 story says her family was in contact with the Benoits, but they didn't want to go public with the disease and chose to keep things low profile. She added that families can be torn apart by the disease because it's very difficult to find help and support. She said, "You as a parent have to go out there and find what's available and it's not easy --they don't tell you."

Fragile X Article.

This may explain why Daniel was taking growth hormone injections. It also may shed light onto why Chris didn't want someone else raising his son and made the fateful decision to kill him. As irrrational and twisted as it may sound, he may have felt he was saving his son from the double-blow of losing his parents through a murder-suicide and being subject to being raised by people who didn't understand or care for his condition. While in no way justifying his actions, the belief that his son was in for a difficult life as it was, and now one without his parents, might have been Benoit's self-justification for his heinous act.
http://www.pwtorch.com/artman/publish/article_20656.shtml

:(

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
well that article makes it seem like strangling your wife is okay. That is a good conclusion as to why he killed his son but why his wife? Maybe a heated arguement that went into the deep end for him. Maybe she was leaving him again.....alot of maybes and speculations im curious to see how it turns out in the end.

Is there still no info on the text message his friend recieved? Id like to know what that detailed, if anything.

Totality

Totality

Banned
Awards
All the text messages have been released to the public. Basically they were all giving his address and information on his pets. It was weird, as he sent them to 2 wrestlers (chavo Guerrero and someone else). That is why they got freaked out by it

Y2Jversion1

Y2Jversion1

Board Supporter
Awards
http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/56330/WWE-Releases-Updated-Timeline-of-Benoit-Events.htm

Early Sunday morning, Benoit sent out the following text messages.

Text Message 1 to two co-workers (sent 6/24 at 3:53am)- Chris Benoit's cell phone
"My physical address is 130 Green Meadow Lane, Fayetteville Georgia. 30215"

Text Message 2 to two co-workers (sent 6/24 at 3:53am)- Chris Benoit's cell phone
"The dogs are in the enclosed pool area. Garage side door is open"

Text Message 3 to two co-workers (sent 6/24 at 3:54am)- Nancy Benoit's cell phone
"My physical address is 130 Green Meadow Lane.
Fayetteville Georgia. 30215"

Text Message 4 to two co-workers (sent 6/24 at 3:55am)- Nancy Benoit's cell phone
"My physical address is 130 Green Meadow Lane.
Fayetteville Georgia. 30215"

Text Message 5 to one co-worker (sent 6/24 at 3:58am)- Nancy Benoit's cell phone
"My address is 130 Green Meadow Lane. Fayetteville Georgia. 30215"

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Supposed WWE press release swiped from Lyle's board. Can't attest to it being genuine, but I have no reason to believe it was posted for any other reason but to spread info:

STAMFORD, Conn., June 26, 2007 – World Wrestling Entertainment is stunned and saddened by the details released by local authorities concerning the double homicide-suicide involving Chris Benoit, his wife, Nancy, and his son, Daniel.

However, WWE is concerned with the sensationalistic reporting and speculation being undertaken by some members of the media following the press conference held by the Fayette County Sheriff’s Department and the District Attorney. During the press conference, the investigating authorities made the following points, all of which run contrary to the media speculation that "roid rage" was a factor in the senseless murders and suicide:

1. The authorities stated that all drugs found in the house were believed to be legal prescriptions.

2. Steroids were not, and could not, be related to the cause of death (asphyxiation). Authorities had no factual basis to speculate as to Benoit’s state of mind, and rightly did not do so.

3. Toxicology tests have not even been completed, so there is no current evidence that Benoit even had steroids or any other substance in his body. In that regard, on the last test done on Benoit by WWE's independently administered drug testing program, done on April 10, 2007, Benoit tested negative.

4. The physical findings announced by authorities indicate deliberation, not rage. The wife's feet and hands were bound and she was asphyxiated, not beaten to death. By the account of the authorities, there were substantial periods of time between the death of the wife and the death of the son, again suggesting deliberate thought, not rage. The presence of a Bible by each is also not an act of rage.

5. WWE strongly suggests that it is entirely wrong for speculators to suggest that steroids had anything to do with these senseless acts, especially when the authorities plainly stated there is no evidence that Benoit had steroids in his body, pending the toxicological reports, and that they had no evidence at this time as to the motive for these acts.

WWE is continuing to monitor the ongoing investigation being conducted by local authorities.

Y2Jversion1

Y2Jversion1

Board Supporter
Awards
IMO (from what evidence etc. has been presented to us so far), Benoit had a heated argument with his wife which got violent and he probably killed her accidentally (heck, a wrestler vs a woman..) he may have been under the influence of something or other at the time. Once he came to his senses, he realized what he did and then took into account his son's illness (fragile-X blurb posted above) - figured if he was put behind bars, his kid would not get be raised properly with consideration to his illness and would not only suffer physically, but would have the mental trauma of his father killing his mother. Benoit thought that instead of leaving his kid to live with the mental torture as well as possible physical pain and neglect, he'd "mercy-kill" his son. Now with his family gone, he felt there was no reason to go on living and then offed himself.

I pity him and wished things would've been different :(

Tiberius

Awards
  • Established
IMO (from what evidence etc. has been presented to us so far), Benoit had a heated argument with his wife which got violent and he probably killed her accidentally (heck, a wrestler vs a woman..) he may have been under the influence of something or other at the time. Once he came to his senses, he realized what he did and then took into account his son's illness (fragile-X blurb posted above) - figured if he was put behind bars, his kid would not get be raised properly with consideration to his illness and would not only suffer physically, but would have the mental trauma of his father killing his mother. Benoit thought that instead of leaving his kid to live with the mental torture as well as possible physical pain and neglect, he'd "mercy-kill" his son. Now with his family gone, he felt there was no reason to go on living and then offed himself.

I pity him and wished things would've been different :(

You don't "accidentally" tie up your wife's hands and feet. Any struggle was likely while he was doing that.

rampage jackson

rampage jackson

Awards
  • Established
You don't "accidentally" tie up your wife's hands and feet. Any struggle was likely while he was doing that.
I know it's probably unlikely, but I wonder about bondage or something along those lines. Still doesn't really explain the kid though...

Y2Jversion1

Y2Jversion1

Board Supporter
Awards
My 'theory' about the tying up the hands and feet is this - after he killed his wife and realized what he did.. he may have tried to hide her by tying up the hands and feet, so the limbs don't flail about, and then wrapping her in a towel. Then he probably realized that he wont be able to get away with murder and then gave up on hiding the body and then continued with the "mercy-killing" of his son and then killed him self.

Tiberius

Awards
  • Established
My 'theory' about the tying up the hands and feet is this - after he killed his wife and realized what he did.. he may have tried to hide her by tying up the hands and feet, so the limbs don't flail about, and then wrapping her in a towel. Then he probably realized that he wont be able to get away with murder and then gave up on hiding the body and then continued with the "mercy-killing" of his son and then killed him self.
Doesn't fit. While the info hasn't been released, it's easy to tell if she was tied up before or after she died based on markings by the bindings. I guarantee they'll say she was tied up before she was murdered.

Totality

Totality

Banned
Awards
more infor released is that the Benoits fought over their sons care, and there was a push by Nancy for Chris to lighten his schedule to help care for Daniel. Not saying this had anything to do with it, but you never know

Y2Jversion1

Y2Jversion1

Board Supporter
Awards
The Associated Press's latest article on the Benoit family tragedy

Here is the AP article:

Wrestler and Wife Argued Over Child Care
Wednesday June 27, 5:45 pm ET
By Greg Bluestein, Associated Press Writer

Wrestler and Wife Argued Over Care of Retarded 7-Year-Old Son

ATLANTA (AP) -- In the days before pro wrestler Chris Benoit killed his wife and child and hanged himself, the couple argued over whether he should stay home more to take care of their mentally retarded 7-year-old son, an attorney for the wrestling league said Wednesday.

"I think it's fair to say that the subject of caring for that child was part of what made their relationship complicated and difficult, and it's something they were both constantly struggling with," said Jerry McDevitt, an attorney for World Wrestling Entertainment. "We do know it was a source of stress and consternation."

McDevitt said the wrestling organization learned from the couple's friends and relatives that the Benoits were struggling with where to send the boy to school since he had recently finished kindergarten.

He also said Benoit's wife didn't want him to quit wrestling, but she "wanted him to be at home more to care for the kid. She'd say she can't take care of him by herself when he was on the road."

The child suffered from a rare medical condition called Fragile X Syndrome, an inherited form of mental retardation often accompanied by autism, McDevitt said.

Over the past weekend, authorities said, Benoit strangled his wife, suffocated his son and placed a Bible next to their bodies before hanging himself with a weight-machine cable in the couple's suburban home. No motive was offered for the killings, which were discovered Monday.

McDevitt said WWE has learned from friends that the Benoits were struggling to agree on where the boy should go to school. Nancy also wanted Chris to be home more often to help with the caring of their son, but stopped short of wanting him to quit wrestling.
  1. For those who don't know what Fragile X is, here is what Wikipedia says regarding it:
  2. Fragile X Syndrome is a syndrome of X-linked mental retardation. Boys with the syndrome may have large testes (macroorchidism), prognathism, hypotonia and autism, and a characteristic but variable face with large ears, long face, high-arched palate, and malocclusion. Additional abnormalities may include lordosis, heart defect, pectus excavatum, flat feet, shortening of the tubular bones of the hands, and joint laxity. Females who have one fragile chromosome and one normal X chromosome may range from normal to mild manifestations of the fragile X syndrome. The fragile X syndrome has an estimated incidence of 1 in 3600 males and 1 in 4,000-6,000 females.

3. Also from the Associated Press:
  4. Professional wrestler Chris Benoit met with his personal physician hours before he allegedly killed his wife and son and then hanged himself in his basement, the doctor said Wednesday.
  5. "He was in my office on Friday to stop by just to see my staff," said Dr. Phil Astin of metro Atlanta. "He certainly didn't show any signs of any distress or rage or anything."
  6. Authorities say Benoit strangled his wife, suffocated his 7-year-old son Daniel and placed a Bible next to their bodies before hanging himself with a weight-machine pulley over the weekend. No motive was offered for the killings, which were spread out over the weekend and discovered Monday.
  7. Astin, who said he was Benoit's longtime friend and physician, said he had prescribed testosterone to Benoit because he suffered from low amounts of the hormone. He said the condition likely originated from previous steroid use. He would not say what, if any, medications he prescribed the day of the meeting.
  8. "I'm still very surprised and shocked, especially with his child Daniel involved," said Benoit. "He worshipped his child."
  9. Investigators said Benoit's 43-year-old wife was strangled Friday with what appeared to be a cable in an upstairs family room, and her feet and wrists were bound and there was blood under her head, indicating a possible struggle. Daniel was probably killed late Saturday or early Sunday, and his body was found in his bed, the district attorney said.
  10. Before the killings, the family was struggling with how to care for the child, who suffered from a rare medical condition called Fragile X Syndrome, an inherited form of mental retardation often accompanied by autism, said Jerry McDevitt, an attorney for World Wrestling Entertainment.
  11. "Him and Nancy were clearly struggling about this whole issue, about how to take care of Daniel," said McDevitt.
  12. "I don't know what he confronted when he went back into the house," he said. "No one really knows that. We'll have to see. Clearly this issue of the son was a stressor on both of their relationships for some time."
  13. District Attorney Scott Ballard said the autopsy indicated that there were no bruise marks on his neck, so authorities are now assuming he could have been killed using a choke hold. "It's a process of elimination," he said.
  14. Anabolic steroids were found in Benoit's home, leading officials to wonder whether the drugs may have caused the muscle man nicknamed the "Canadian Crippler" to kill his wife and child and then himself.
  15. The WWE, based in Stamford, Conn., issued a news release Tuesday evening saying steroids "were not and could not be related to the cause of death" and that the findings indicate "deliberation, not rage." It also added that Benoit tested negative April 10, the last time he was tested for drugs.
  16. "The drugs they had found in there, including the steroids, were all pursuant to legitimate prescription. We know they know which doctor prescribed it," McDevitt said. "There's no question, none of these drugs are out there, none of these drugs came from Internet pharmacies."
  17. While steroids can cause the paranoia and explosive outbursts known as "roid rage," the drug is also associated with deep and lengthy bouts of depression.
  18. "Just as you have the extreme high of when you're on steroids, you can get the opposite," said Dr. Todd Schlifstein, a clinical assistant professor at the New York University School of Medicine. "You can have a dramatic difference in mood swings. You can feel there's no hope, there's no future."

1. ...... my younger sis has mental retardation (cerebral palsy) and autism - like a 24yr old woman with the brain of a 1yr old.. I can sympathize with what the family went through :(

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
really trying to play the steroid card here....not working to well but for ignorant listeners, it was steroids that contributed to it. Need the autopsies. Anyone know if they can still check Test levels in the blood at this point?

Totality

Totality

Banned
Awards
I watched Nancy Gracer last night (mistake) and she had Bret Hart on , he tried to go into the fact that steroids were not the root cause, and she cut him off and wouldnt let him talk.

Then on the today show this am, McMahon was on and he and Meredith got into it a bit, and she was pushing steroids.

Also, on Scarborough country last night (another crappy show) they had Road Warrior Animal on. He said it wasnt roid rage. He said "I have been around roid rage, and it doesnt last 48 hours".

Man the media is going nuts on this

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
So i figured it out...........

The wife and son were killed by flying headbuts from the top rope, followed by a crippler cross-face. Anyway, I'm bummed about the family dying, but since I'm Mr Politically Incorrect, maybe his wife and son would be alive today if they'd just tapped out? It's all a storyline. He will re-emerge from the rafters during the first Raw of next year. The wife and kid are dead though. McMahon couldn't fit them into the storyline.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
I watched Nancy Gracer last night (mistake) and she had Bret Hart on , he tried to go into the fact that steroids were not the root cause, and she cut him off and wouldnt let him talk.

Then on the today show this am, McMahon was on and he and Meredith got into it a bit, and she was pushing steroids.

Also, on Scarborough country last night (another crappy show) they had Road Warrior Animal on. He said it wasnt roid rage. He said "I have been around roid rage, and it doesnt last 48 hours".

Man the media is going nuts on this
The only positive is maybe there will be some blowback and some people will stop and think for a moment, and not buy it. It is pretty ridiculous though how hard the media is pushing the steroid angle on this. I watched O'Reilly last night and when a guy dared suggest that HGH injections might be related to the kid's illness and not the father being some freak who wanted everyone on evil steroids O'Reilly flipped out. The lack of knowledge coupled with passionate hatred of the substances on this issue is astounding sometimes. Christ, HGH isn't even a damn steroid and home injections of patients who need lots of care are not unheard of. I know several people who were trained by nurses and/or doctors themselves to administer insulin injections for diabetic parents.

Y2Jversion1

Y2Jversion1

Board Supporter
Awards
Benoit's Doctor friend's office raided:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/more/06/28/bc.wrestlerdead.ap/index.html?cnn=yes

ATLANTA (AP) -- Federal drug agents and sheriff's officials raided the office of pro wrestler Chris Benoit's personal physician in search of records and other items, an official said Thursday.

The raid at Dr. Phil Astin's office in Carrollton began Wednesday night and concluded early Thursday, said agent Chuvalo Truesdell, a spokesman for the Drug Enforcement Administration in Atlanta.

A search warrant obtained by the Fayette County Sheriff's Department in connection with the Benoit investigation was executed there, he said.

No arrests were made and Truesdell was unable to say what was seized. He said records were among the items being sought, but he could not be more specific.

Astin did not return repeated calls to his cell phone from The Associated Press on Thursday.

Benoit had been under the care of Astin, a longtime friend, for treatment of low testosterone levels. Astin said Wednesday the condition likely originated from previous steroid use.

Astin prescribed testosterone for Benoit in the past but would not say what, if any, medications he prescribed when Benoit visited his office Friday.

Over the weekend, Benoit killed his wife and son and then killed himself at their home in Fayetteville.

Anabolic steroids were found in Benoit's home, leading officials to wonder whether the drugs played a role in the slayings. Some experts believe steroids cause paranoia, depression and violent outbursts known as "roid rage."

Copyright 2007 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
They're really hammering the roid-rage angle...

Totality

Totality

Banned
Awards
Its going to get much worse, or at least that is the feeling I am getting

Y2Jversion1

Y2Jversion1

Board Supporter
Awards
Holy shiznit..the twists and turns just keep coming..

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,287194,00.html

Web Time Stamps Indicate Nancy Benoit's Death Reported on Web at Least 13 Hours Before Police Found Bodies in Her Home

An anonymous user operating a computer traced to Stamford, Conn. — home to World Wrestling Entertainment — posted an entry to pro wrestler Chris Benoit's biography on Wikipedia.org announcing the death of his wife Nancy at least 13 hours before police in suburban Atlanta said they found her body along with her husband's and that of their 7-year-old son, FOXNews.com has learned.

Employees at Wikipedia.org said the posting went live on their site on Monday at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Standard Time. Police, however, said they found the bodies Monday at 2:30 p.m. EDT.

The posting reads: “Chris Benoit was replaced by [[Johnny Nitro]] for the ECW Championship match at Vengeance, as Benoit was not there due to personal issues, stemming from the death of his wife Nancy.” According to a Wikipedia.org report published after FOXNews.com made inquiries, the edit was reversed just under one hour later with the comment:

"Need a reliable source. Saying that his wife died is a pretty big statement, you need to back it up with something."

The posting apparently was made in reference to Benoit's scheduled appearance on Sunday night at an Extreme Championship Wrestling event in Texas.

An employee from Wikipedia.org told FOXNews.com that he called and left a message with investigative authorities in Fayetteville, Ga., at around 11 a.m. EDT on Tuesday, after the posting was brought to the attention of the St. Petersburg, Fla.-based Web site.

“I chat with other editors on IRC — Internet relay chat — and somebody pointed it out to me on a relay chat and that it came from a Stamford connection, and that it took place at midnight Eastern Standard Time on Monday morning,” said Wikipedia.org volunteer coordinator Cary Bass. “I called and left a message with the police department.”

The computer-generated time and date stamp of the Benoit entry are listed as 4:01, 25 June 2007. Wikipedia.org lists its entries according to Universal Time, also known as Greenwich Mean Time.

Further investigation, according to Wikipedia.com, shows that one hour after the first edit reversion, another anonymous edit by 125.63.148.173 using unwiredAustralia.com.au, a wireless Internet service provider, was made adding about the aforementioned personal issues: "which according to several pro wrestling websites is attributed to the passing of Benoit's wife, Nancy."

That edit was reverted less than 20 minutes later, with the following comment: "Saying 'several pro wrestling websites' is still not reliable information." The second edit was made by a computer in Australia from a wireless network, according to Wikipedia.org.

A message left by FOXNews.com with Lt. Tommy Pope of the Fayette County Sheriff’s Department was not immediately returned.

Investigators so far have ruled the Benoit killings as a double homicide-suicide.

Wikipedia.org claims to be one of the largest reference Web sites, and is written collaboratively by users from around the world. Approved users can make submissions and change entries that are posted on the site almost immediately. Bass said the site is constantly monitored to correct inaccuracies.

Bass said when there is a high-profile case, such as the Benoit killlings, Wikipedia.org limits postings to registered users, which is now indicated at the top of the Benoit entry. According to the listed history on the Benoit entry, the computer used to post the 12:01 a.m. entry had a Stamford, Conn., Internet Protocol — or IP — address, a numeric designation that is assigned to every computer with an Internet connection, and that same address has been used to post about a dozen other messages on the site, dating back to May 16, 2007.

In related news, FOXNews.com also has learned, through widely posted Web reports, that former pro wrestler Sherri Martel, who was found dead on June 15, was linked to former wrestler Kevin Sullivan — ex-husband of Nancy Benoit.

Click here to read more about the death of Sherri Martel.

Martel, who had a reputation as one of the top managers in pro wrestling, was found dead at her mother’s home in near Birmingham, Ala., on June 15. She was 49.

Investigators, who have not yet determined Martel's cause of death, say foul play is not suspected but that Martel did not die of natural causes.

Totality

Totality

Banned
Awards
I just read this, what the hell? Someone knew about it in Stamford? Does that mean a wrestler helped perhaps or Benoit confided in them?

Y2Jversion1

Y2Jversion1

Board Supporter
Awards
He was very close to Chavo Guerrero and Dean Malenko (both wrestlers on WWE roster)

Totality

Totality

Banned
Awards
I am just curious why, if he did contact them about it, they would post it online. That would be an automatic jail sentence

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
This is just getting damn peculiar.

New Headline: Roid Rage So Intense it Makes Telepathy Possible!

Y2Jversion1

Y2Jversion1

Board Supporter
Awards
Final pic of Benoit alive - taken at his doc's place on Friday

http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/56435/Final-Known-Picture-of-Chris-Benoit-From-Friday.htm

The above photo is the last known picture of Chris Benoit alive, obtained by WSB-TV Channel 2. It was taken Friday afternoon at Dr. Astin's office in Carrollton.

Dr. Astin has stated that he did not notice anything unusual about Benoit during his meeting with him that afternoon.

Benoit killed his wife the next day, followed by his son on Sunday and then himself on Monday.

Y2Jversion1

Y2Jversion1

Board Supporter
Awards
Benoit family funeral plans & Chris Benoit's father comments-

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/fayette/stories/2007/06/28/0628funeralplans.html

Wrestler to be buried in Canada, wife in Florida

By KEVIN DUFFY
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Published on: 06/28/07

Professional wrestler Chris Benoit will have a private service in Canada, separate from the services for his wife and son, his father said Thursday.

Benoit's parents, Michael and Margaret Benoit, live in Ardrossan in the Canadian province of Alberta.

The bodies of Benoit, his wife Nancy Benoit and their 7-year-old son, Daniel, are at the Georgia Bureau of Investigation Crime Lab.

Benoit killed his wife and his mentally handicapped son last weekend and then hanged himself at their exclusive Fayette County home near Peachtree City.

"It's a horrible, horrible event that's happened," Michael Benoit, the wrestling star's father said, speaking softly on the phone. "We have no understanding why it happened. It's going to take us a long time to come to terms with this, and we may never come to terms with it."

Nancy Benoit's parents, Paul and Maureen Toffoloni, live in Daytona Beach, Fla., where services for Nancy Benoit and Daniel probably will be held, Benoit said.

The plan is to cremate the mother and child in Georgia, according to Bee Huddleston of Carl J. Mowell and Sons Funeral Home in Peachtree City, which is assisting the families.

Mowell and Sons was scheduled to pick up the bodies of the mother and son late Thursday from the G.B.I. medical examiner's office in Decatur.

"Our thoughts and prayers are with Nancy's family," Benoit said. "We're very concerned about the long-term affects on her family.

"There are no words to describe the loss we feel."

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
MSNBC news report video - interview with Vince McMahon, Lex Luger..again focusing on how steroids *must* have caused this..

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19474972/
Wow. He handled himself incredibly well in that interview... alot better than I would have. My blood was boiling just watching that nonsense (maybe it was roid rage).

My sister's boyfriend is a wrestler with ECW, who's identity I won't disclose, and I'm sure he is hearing all kinds of stupid bullsh1t. I can't wait to hear what some of my judgemental family members have to say. There are some family members who in the past have queried as to whether or not I use steroids and tell me of all the horrors associated but have never done one iota of research on the nature of the compounds. All these people that are on their soapbox have no clue and don't even make an effort to obtain a clue prior to opening thier stupid ignorant mouths.

This whole situation is a goddomn shame.

sdmf45

sdmf45

Awards
  • Established
Wow. He handled himself incredibly well in that interview... alot better than I would have. My blood was boiling just watching that nonsense (maybe it was roid rage).
what a fcuking b!tch!!! ya i was havin a rage watchin that for sure. steroids this and steroids that and all these ppl die from steroids but lets overlook the fcuking cocaine addictions and all the other prescription drugs.

FVCKING WHORE! :rant:

PHWSSJ

PHWSSJ

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
So i figured it out...........

The wife and son were killed by flying headbuts from the top rope, followed by a crippler cross-face. Anyway, I'm bummed about the family dying, but since I'm Mr Politically Incorrect, maybe his wife and son would be alive today if they'd just tapped out? It's all a storyline. He will re-emerge from the rafters during the first Raw of next year. The wife and kid are dead though. McMahon couldn't fit them into the storyline.
you are fuked up!!! that is uncalled for a s s hole!

Tiberius

Awards
  • Established
BAH, I give kudos to anyone who finds humor in tragedy. It's healthier. Why stress and feel like crap when you can laugh about it instead?

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
Don't get me wrong, I always find humor in fvcked up circumstances but dead wife and child... not very funny to me. My panties aren't all tangled in a wad or anything, just my $0.02 :)

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Don't get me wrong, I always find humor in fvcked up circumstances but dead wife and child... not very funny to me. My panties aren't all tangled in a wad or anything, just my $0.02 :)
What if instead of Bibles he had dressed them in Bugs Bunny suits?

PHWSSJ

PHWSSJ

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
In the long term all things become the subject of humor. Therefore those of us who laugh now are actually ahead of our time.
lets see how ahead of your time you feel when the world
sh1ts on you and everyone starts making fun of you when a tragedy happens to you, maybe you get AIDS or someone kills your family. Im sure you will feel soo ahead of you time when other a s s holes like yourself start making fun of your situation .. In the long term your a JERK!

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
lets see how ahead of your time you feel when the world
sh1ts on you and everyone starts making fun of you when a tragedy happens to you, maybe you get AIDS or someone kills your family. Im sure you will feel soo ahead of you time when other a s s holes like yourself start making fun of your situation .. In the long term your a JERK!
Oh dear, I've been cursed and called a name on the internet! I feel so, so, so, Oh I don't know, unimpressed.

If you want to insult me, could you at least open a seperate thread? I'd like this one to remain open to discuss the topic and not see it closed because someone can't read and abide by the rules. And I never laughed harder than at my father's funeral, remembering good times with my brother and some of his friends. And he didn't exactly die pretty. That's how I am. If it offends you, I'm not the least bit sorry. Humor in the face of tragedy is indicative of strength.

I have to say giving them Bibles after their death is counterproductive. It was after all too late to cram for finals at that point.:D

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
Humor in the face of tragedy is indicative of strength.
I agree with that, so long as it isn't tactless. I'm sure your laughter at your father's funeral wasn't the response of a disrespectful or offensive joke which compromised or defamed his integrity or charactor.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
I agree with that, so long as it isn't tactless. I'm sure your laughter at your father's funeral wasn't the response of a disrespectful or offensive joke which compromised or defamed his integrity or charactor.
Of course it was. Humor is cruel by nature.

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Wow this thread deteriorated quickly..It's obvious he was suffering some severe stress from his sons illness and his wife wanting him home more which probably caused depression and could of been enhanced by steroid use..There are no excuses for what he did but he just didnt wake up and everything was fine and a little voice in his head said kill your family and yourself today..You cant blame it on just steroids,but that is the hot button issue today look at major league baseball,balco,olympics ect so there fore the media will key on that...Alot of other wrestlers died from past steroid ABUSE and that is the key word abuse..If this was a family of someone here i dont think you would see the kind of insensitive post's...This is a very sad situation and i think you will find depression will play a huge factor when all is said and done and it's nothing to laugh about and believe me I would know..

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
You say deteriorated, I say the ability to laugh and maintain an even keal in the face of tragedy is what makes people strong. Public blubbering is something I can't stand. And some of us just have different views of what death means and its context in our lives.

"No one gets out alive, Doc."
-Al Swearengen

Wow this thread deteriorated quickly..It's obvious he was suffering some severe stress from his sons illness and his wife wanting him home more which probably caused depression and could of been enhanced by steroid use..There are no excuses for what he did but he just didnt wake up and everything was fine and a little voice in his head said kill your family and yourself today..You cant blame it on just steroids,but that is the hot button issue today look at major league baseball,balco,olympics ect so there fore the media will key on that...Alot of other wrestlers died from past steroid ABUSE and that is the key word abuse..If this was a family of someone here i dont think you would see the kind of insensitive post's...This is a very sad situation and i think you will find depression will play a huge factor when all is said and done and it's nothing to laugh about and believe me I would know..

PHWSSJ

PHWSSJ

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
You say deteriorated, I say the ability to laugh and maintain an even keal in the face of tragedy is what makes people strong. Public blubbering is something I can't stand. And some of us just have different views of what death means and its context in our lives.

"No one gets out alive, Doc."
-Al Swearengen

making distastefull jokes at someone else's expense doesnt make you strong it just lets everyone else see your insecurity, weakness, lack of understanding, lack of respect, lack of integrity, lack of courtesy...i can go on and on.
If it was your family that you are making fun of it might be different.

you think laughing in the face of tragedy makes a person strong... I'd hate to be you

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Humor in the face of tragedy is indicative of strength.
To me in indicative of coping in a way that allows you to stay sane but it should still be done in a manner that fits the surroundings. Remembering that others mourn in different ways is just being respectful even if you do it in a much different way.