Choc PB Cup Tastes Bad

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cinnabun is excellent as well. I like mixing it with a bit of the plain chocolate.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
milk with a "not so sweet" batch of ATW does the trick usually. With a sweet/strong flavored batch, milk might be overpowering.

Im a big fan of chocolate+milk, CCB+milk (taste like vanilla ice cream. Im sure I could find a way to turn it into icecream.)

Cinnamon bun is okay with milk too, but the chocolate flavors with milk are the best!

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Just got my first 5 lbs of CPBC. Will report back.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
waiting on mine right now. damn fed ex guy :(

clownbaby

clownbaby

Awards
  • Established
please post which LOT and Expiration date of ATW and the flavor you have here with feedback. if it is particular lots that taste like **** id like to know

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok I couldn't help myself and gave 1 scoop a go. It was awesome. Great flavor, just need to adjust the amount of water. Good job ATW

tribaltek

tribaltek

All Traps - No Tris
Awards
  • Established
Damn you all with your good tasting ChocPB... while I drink my shake that tastes like absolute garbage :(

Oh well... you win some, you lose some.

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
Try mixing a scoop of oats in, tastes like chocolate/peanut butter/oatmeal cookie. Mmmmmmmmmmmm
As it doesn't happen too often, I'll allow myself to become volnerable right now and admit I am out of the loop with the adding of oats to your post workout protein "personal matrix" shake. As I see more and more people tend to endulge in this manner after a grueling training session, it has stimulated my senses to perhaps travel this post road myself. I am in understanding of the health benefits with the proteins and oats etc, but is this your basic protein shake mixed with say plain ol' quaker quick oats, cooked? I cannot quite comprehend the integration of the two. Please enlighten me on this subject matter as I am very hungry.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
As it doesn't happen too often, I'll allow myself to become volnerable right now and admit I am out of the loop with the adding of oats to your post workout protein "personal matrix" shake. As I see more and more people tend to endulge in this manner after a grueling training session, it has stimulated my senses to perhaps travel this post road myself. I am in understanding of the health benefits with the proteins and oats etc, but is this your basic protein shake mixed with say plain ol' quaker quick oats, cooked? I cannot quite comprehend the integration of the two. Please enlighten me on this subject matter as I am very hungry.
Cooked or uncooked, instant vs non-instant oats, its just for convenience. A lot of people grind up oats in a coffee grinder and add it to there shakes, again for convenience.

**Side note, my first shake is mixed up and taste testing commencing :D.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup = Bangin.

Cupcake and Cinnamon Bun still have it beat, but it's delicious (mixed it with skim milk)

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
workout, go home.

Get your blender.
1/2 cup crushed ice
2 1/2 scoops of ATW protein of your choice
1 cup of oats instant or reg doesnt matter.

What you do is add a cup of water to the oats. throw it in microwave for 30 sec.

Add 1/2 cup of crushed ice to blender.
Add the heated up oats
Add the protein
Add water/protein

Blend.

It taste almost exactly like the regular protein without the crappy texture of oats. just make sure you blend it down on high for like 30 seconds.

I do this everymorening and I cant really tell the difference in taste between regular protein and with oats.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
I think we came up with something very useful for ATW guys. There appears to be a problem in consistency. Perhaps this will make them look at their processes and in the future they can address this problem.

I think I speak for everyone when I say that we want consistency in our protein flavors right? Whether it be a little too sweet, too bland, or just right I think it would be better if we know what we are getting rather than being surprised. Correct me if I'm wrong.

clownbaby

clownbaby

Awards
  • Established
I think we came up with something very useful for ATW guys. There appears to be a problem in consistency. Perhaps this will make them look at their processes and in the future they can address this problem.

I think I speak for everyone when I say that we want consistency in our protein flavors right? Whether it be a little too sweet, too bland, or just right I think it would be better if we know what we are getting rather than being surprised. Correct me if I'm wrong.
i am going to have to agree with you 100%. there should not be any variation in flavoring.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
The discrepancy among satisfied users is highly user dependent though, which makes solidifying this theory near impossible unless users who report positive results can get a sample of the supposed bad batches.

I'm not disqualifying that it isn't true (I don't remember seeing anyone say they liked a flavor, than a second go around went wrong), but its difficult to confirm.

RyanGrob

RyanGrob

Awards
I received the Isolate of this flavor a few weeks ago. Agreed, it's not that tasty. Cupcake Batter is delicious though!

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established

i don't know the flavoring is there still. The overall sweetness is just a bit different sometimes but it's never THAT bad. Sometimes it's a bit sweeter than usual and sometimes it's regular.

I think if you dislike the choc PB a better consistency would make it taste a bit better but I doubt it would make you love the flavor. Ill admit when i tasted the choc PB I tasted a bit of tartness to it. Something was a bit bitter in the flavoring. Not enough sweetness might throw off a person from buying it ever agian, but Im sure you wouldn't instantly make the flavor your favorite because it's a little sweeter.

ATW is a small company compared to all the other protein companies out there. They also make MANY MANY varieties of protein with MANY MANY outstanding flavors already. Im sure the variety in flavoring has to do with the machine used to mix the protein.

If our constant support can get them to get their way to the top, Im sure that the consistency would be much better. Lets hope the quality stays the same too, thats a biggy for me. I could care less about if a protein is sweetened too much or not enough, I need a protein where I don't get an allergic reaction to!

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
The discrepancy among satisfied users is highly user dependent though, which makes solidifying this theory near impossible unless users who report positive results can get a sample of the supposed bad batches.

I'm not disqualifying that it isn't true (I don't remember seeing anyone say they liked a flavor, than a second go around went wrong), but its difficult to confirm.
it has nothing to do with the flavor. It's the sweetness. Some flavors require the protein to be sweet.

For example if you tried choc PB there are little hints of tartness/bitterness to the protein. Especially if you manage to bite into a clump that didn't dissolve properly. Now without the right sweetness someone might find it gross. I loved the protein flavor and the sweetness of it. But I think if the protein would have been a little less sweet and I had that happen I wouldn't go back to the same flavor. I've been dowing ATW for years now.

Every month I get like 2-3 tubs. Usually the same flavors too. Cinnamon bun, chocolate, cake batter. The flavor that I find the most consistant though isn't any of these 3. It's actually chocolate chip mint. It has that minty ness that might overshadow the lack of sweetness. Thats my theory at least. I am by no means an expert when it comes to protein, but after about 40+ tubs of it or so you start to notice. For the most part though the consistency is the same. It's just sometimes that it's a little dull on the flavor or too sweet. I always use a consistant 2 cups of water with the protein. I noticed that the blend needs about 2 1/2 scoops of protein to match the flavoring system of the isolate with 2 cups of water that is. That's just me though. Maybe ATW designed the flavoring system with one type of protein such as isolate and when they apply it to the blend it may not be as great. Who knows. Either way im not complaining at all. Just noting my observation. Marcus and ATW crew have been suberb in terms of cust satisfaction for me. And I'm not going to bitch about the flavoring. Protein is protein. even the not soo sweet ATW batches I get sometimes are 10x better than anything out in the market. Especially for the price your paying. So consider yourself lucky boys!

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established

There were people that said different tubs had different sweetness though.

jix77

Awards
My tub of Chocolate Peanut Butter tastes like complete ass. There's no "cup" in the name, if that makes any difference.

I've been using nothing but ATW protein for over a year now, since well before it was carried by Nutraplanet. I've tried nearly every flavor, and I've not had a big problem with any of them until now. Because of this, I think I just got a bad batch of the protein. There is something wrong with this stuff that is beyond personal flavor preference. It tastes ok going down, but there is a disgusting, bitter aftertaste that lingers in my mouth literally all day long. I normally rinse out my same shaker bottle after a shake and use it for water the rest of the day. This stuff gives the water the same gross aftertaste so that no matter how many times I rinse, I can't use the bottle for anything else until I wash it. It is lot #9045. I'll continue to use ATW for protein, but I probably won't ever try this flavor again. I've been scarred for life.

tribaltek

tribaltek

All Traps - No Tris
Awards
  • Established
Dude, I have no idea, but my Choc PB was by far one of the worst tasting proteins I've had in quite a long time. Where as Choc PB UP2.0 is my favorite protein powder of all time (so I obviously like the flavor). I have a feeling this stuff is just going to get thrown out, because I really don't feel like choking it down :(