Chipotle Mexican Grill

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
This place is delicious but how bad is it for you? most of the ingredients are pretty basic i get a chicken burito with brown rice, lettuce, black beans, salsa, and corn now normally a homemade burito like this would have very minimal poor nutritents in it but coming from a fast food chain how is it?

Im pretty good at gaging how my body reacts to foods i don't react well to sodium or a ton of carbs and i really get that bloat but chipotle doesn't do it to me like places like McDonalds do. I know its not going to be healthy but as my cheat meal once a week it shouldn't hurt, right? I looked it up online and it said it was in the area of 800-1100 calories depending on what site now it seems a bit high for pretty basic ingredients i mean the chicken is about 200 cals the wrap probally 200 then its lettuce salsa, corn all minimal calories and black beans arent that much im wondering if the sauce or seasoning or whatever is the killer here?

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
if anything i think the burritos are like two normal servings :) of the fast foods i would pick that over other things :)

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
I agree the burritos are massive and are definately two servings i feel like its not that bad for you if anything its a good cheat meal for me at least.

owlicks

owlicks

Awards
It's not ideal, but when I go there I go for the salad bowl. Lettuce, fajita veggies, black beans, chicken, mild salsa, corn salsa, and some cheese. Should come out to around 400 cal.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I get the bowl with brown rice and have them triple meat it. A little more money but worth it for me.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
They are the real deal and the new wave of "fast food". They use Quality Meats from free range animals. All their stuff is as fresh as it gets and you can taste it. Can't you? The bowl is the way to go to keep the calories down but I wouldn't even consider this cheating, maybe only if you ate too much. Their stuff is quality. Love them.

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
They are the real deal and the new wave of "fast food". They use Quality Meats from free range animals. All their stuff is as fresh as it gets and you can taste it. Can't you? The bowl is the way to go to keep the calories down but I wouldn't even consider this cheating, maybe only if you ate too much. Their stuff is quality. Love them.
Glad to hear i plugged the burrito into myfitnesspal and it came out to about about 973 cals the wrap being 290 cals its not a bad choice and i like the fact they prepare it right in front of you its just the sauces and seasonings that are unkown. Im going to try the burrito bowl next time since the wrap is the most unhealthiest tbh, Im glad its not that bad a good choice since its my favorite food lol.

jaymode

Awards
  • Established
Do they have the brown rice out at your chipotle or is it something you have to ask for? I haven't seen it at my local chipotle, but I get the bowl when I go. Chipotle is my go to fast food when I am out and don't have a meal with me.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not all of their stuff is fresh, I believe they stated they use 80% independent farm meat and 20% commercial. Or something along those lines.... still it's better then Mcdonalds.

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
Do they have the brown rice out at your chipotle or is it something you have to ask for? I haven't seen it at my local chipotle, but I get the bowl when I go. Chipotle is my go to fast food when I am out and don't have a meal with me.
Yea they have brown rice at my chipotle im gonna try the bowl next time to avoid the wrap since its the least healthiest of the ingredients i wish they had whole wheat wraps id go there everyday.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't know if they have a Moe's in your area but they offer whole wheat tortillas, but I don't think they have brown rice.

It looks like the brown rice at Chipotle isn't nationwide yet: http://nrn.com/article/chipotle-focuses-multi-tier-growth-plan
You know, if you look closely at a lot of restaraunt menus you can find some things halfway decent. Heck I was at an IHOP the other day and was pleasantly surprised to find that they offered whole grain french toast with sugar free syrup and jam. Combined that with some scrambled egg whites and turkey sausage/bacon I was a happy camper.

I'm sure if you request the brown rice at your local chipotles the managers would be more then happy to try to get it in for you(especially if you recruited a couple of buddys to do the same).

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice post

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
Great post just what i figured around 800-900 cals depending on if i get cheese on it or not and for a big meal like dinner or a big lunch its about the same cals as i normally would consume.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Yeah an old buddy of mine from grad school run's that site....he has a great relationship with chipotle and if you google chipotle the site shows up in the 2nd or 3rd spot.

jaymode

Awards
  • Established
I made my weekly Monday run to Chipotle and they had brown rice for the first time. I tried it and there was not noticeable difference in taste, maybe a little in texture. I am liking chipotle even more now.

808rebel

808rebel

Awards
Great post. I was wondering the same thing when i was chomping away at one of their burritos the other day.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The wraps used at Chipotle are your standard stretchy, starchy wraps that were made in tons and tons of flour and fat, thus the texture. So avoid those. Everything else is fantastic. They try to source their ingredients locally from farmers who use good farming practices/non-GM foods/etc. As mentioned, their beef is organic. No complaints. If you want to up the calories, ask for extra beans and/or rice. It's healthy and free :)

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Chipotle is great if you're trying to bulk, a lot of good calories there.

But if you're cutting or maintaining I would suggest Qdoba instead. Their burrito bowl without the tortilla brings a sweet 600 calorie meal.

facko

Awards
Bad for you or not..I sat down and ate 3 burritos there last night.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Chipotle is great if you're trying to bulk, a lot of good calories there.

But if you're cutting or maintaining I would suggest Qdoba instead. Their burrito bowl without the tortilla brings a sweet 600 calorie meal.
I eat chipotle all the time when cutting.

Salad(no dressing) with double meat, medium salsa, and guac..

808rebel

808rebel

Awards
i think it only "bad" thing is the tortilla... just get a burrito bowl if ur on a cut/ low-carb diet, shiz is gold

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
i think it only "bad" thing is the tortilla... just get a burrito bowl if ur on a cut/ low-carb diet, shiz is gold
Agreed. I always get the bowl. Never get the wrap. Rice, black beans, fajita veggies, cheese, lettuce, mild sauce, and chicken and/or steak.

808rebel

808rebel

Awards
Agreed. I always get the bowl. Never get the wrap. Rice, black beans, fajita veggies, cheese, lettuce, mild sauce, and chicken and/or steak.
I go with the exact same except i add in guac and corn...nirvana

jbotelho6791

jbotelho6791

Awards
have a chipotle here on campus and its a prime spot to get those extra calories in. Brown rice, beans, steak, corn salsa, and a little sour cream in a bowl..:fing02:

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice to see a college having something half way decent for a change.

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
It must be good for weight loss, because last time I ate here I lost half of my insides

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
This place is delicious but how bad is it for you? most of the ingredients are pretty basic i get a chicken burito with brown rice, lettuce, black beans, salsa, and corn now normally a homemade burito like this would have very minimal poor nutritents in it but coming from a fast food chain how is it?

Im pretty good at gaging how my body reacts to foods i don't react well to sodium or a ton of carbs and i really get that bloat but chipotle doesn't do it to me like places like McDonalds do. I know its not going to be healthy but as my cheat meal once a week it shouldn't hurt, right? I looked it up online and it said it was in the area of 800-1100 calories depending on what site now it seems a bit high for pretty basic ingredients i mean the chicken is about 200 cals the wrap probally 200 then its lettuce salsa, corn all minimal calories and black beans arent that much im wondering if the sauce or seasoning or whatever is the killer here?
Try the burrito bowl(skip the flour tort) and only eat half of it at one sitting, save the other half for an hour later) def. not ideal. It's AT LEAST 2servings

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
Yea thats a given with most fast food the portion sizes are so huge, i find though for a dinner i normally grab about 600-800 cals so this is pretty spot on i havent been in a few weeks but am so addicted to the burritos i don't think i change hell it won't kill me especially since i aint trying to compete or anything.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Try the burrito bowl(skip the flour tort) and only eat half of it at one sitting, save the other half for an hour later) def. not ideal. It's AT LEAST 2servings
I actually do this myself if I'm eating there for any other time besides post-workout. It's great. You can even add extra toppings for free, except meat and guac (though sometimes you get away with extra).

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I actually do this myself if I'm eating there for any other time besides post-workout. It's great. You can even add extra toppings for free, except meat and guac (though sometimes you get away with extra).
Yea you can really load up on the veggies! Def a big fan of this place over Moe's anyday. The ingredients are A LOT more fresh!

ianbell121

Awards
i must say it is a pretty good food on cheat day. not so much calories in there but nice enjoying food.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Every time I get that hefty a$$ burrito in my hand I can't help but look around at people in the line and imagine flinging that bad boy into someone's face and watch their face get smashed and contort in slow motion. I mean it's like a weapon..lol.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
I'm in college this is like a staple HA must eat here 4 times a week. steak rice bowl FTW.

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I'm in college this is like a staple HA must eat here 4 times a week. steak rice bowl FTW.
LOL I like how you said I "must" eat here 4 times a week. What a great college life! I remember eating at the dining hall WISHING I had money for Chick-Fil-A or Chipotle.... haha

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LOL I like how you said I "must" eat here 4 times a week. What a great college life! I remember eating at the dining hall WISHING I had money for Chick-Fil-A or Chipotle.... haha
Lol, at my university people wished they could afford a dining meal plan (not really, the food at 2/4 dining halls was pretty bad). Some people lived off of eating out just to save money. I simply knew which dining halls to hit up when, and with an "unlimited plan" could go there as often as I wanted throughout the day :)

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Lol, at my university people wished they could afford a dining meal plan (not really, the food at 2/4 dining halls was pretty bad). Some people lived off of eating out just to save money. I simply knew which dining halls to hit up when, and with an "unlimited plan" could go there as often as I wanted throughout the day :)
Did you know you could go to the Bursar's Office and turn in your meal plan for Cash(really a check) LOL You will get about 75% of the value of it... Just FYI :)

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I hear ya. Well when money is tough, you know you can turn that unlimited meal plan in for cash right? Go to the Bursar's Office, you will get about 80% of your money back in the form of a check.... ;-) FYI

Cantell

Awards
  • Established
You guys must eat like ladies, a double meat chicken buritto is 1100 cals, 115 carbs, 90 protein, and 35 fat. Sounds like a solid meal to me?

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
You guys must eat like ladies, a double meat chicken buritto is 1100 cals, 115 carbs, 90 protein, and 35 fat. Sounds like a solid meal to me?
During bulking cycles thats a great meal not so much for maintence and below i get the normal burrito still rides me at like 800-900 which is a solid meal for me.

Houndoom57

Houndoom57

Awards
I eat it all the time. I eat it with no rice, black beans, peppers, chicken, salsa, corn, and lettuce.