Chilled out effects of nootropics

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Does anyone else on here get more of a chilled out effect from nootropics rather than laser focus?

I have recently lost a lot of weight while utilising fatburners. I have reached my target weight so decided to swap out the fat burner for a nootropic to still get a morning energy hit with a difference.

I ended up getting overtime by Apollon nutrition because GGH and FDN gave it rave reviews ( literally "rave") apparently " all day energy" " all day euphoria". A full 8 cap serving has over 500mg caffeine (almost half of which is dicaffeine malate which I believrle takes the edge off and is supposed to prevent crash)

All I get from this is a relaxed chilled out mood all day, which is actually good for certain situations (a whole day off with the kids comes to mind). I've tried 2 caps, 4, 6 and 8 and it's all the same. I don't think I'm over stimmed. I'm not crashing or yawning. It definitely gives me energy all day but I feel chilled. It's rubbish for me preworkout. I kinda feel like if smoking a joint gave you energy aswell as its usual effects

Anyone else get this?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Does anyone else on here get more of a chilled out effect from nootropics rather than laser focus?

I have recently lost a lot of weight while utilising fatburners. I have reached my target weight so decided to swap out the fat burner for a nootropic to still get a morning energy hit with a difference.

I ended up getting overtime by Apollon nutrition because GGH and FDN gave it rave reviews ( literally "rave") apparently " all day energy" " all day euphoria". A full 8 cap serving has over 500mg caffeine (almost half of which is dicaffeine malate which I believrle takes the edge off and is supposed to prevent crash)

All I get from this is a relaxed chilled out mood all day, which is actually good for certain situations (a whole day off with the kids comes to mind). I've tried 2 caps, 4, 6 and 8 and it's all the same. I don't think I'm over stimmed. I'm not crashing or yawning. It definitely gives me energy all day but I feel chilled. It's rubbish for me preworkout. I kinda feel like if smoking a joint gave you energy aswell as its usual effects

Anyone else get this?
I'm going to write out a separate reply below this one to discuss nootropics more in depth but I wanted to first reply to your post before I did that.

Overtime by Apollon would be considered very high stimulant by most people's standards and may lead to euphoric feelings in many people but would also be way too strong for a lot of people and would result in a helluva crash for many people as well. But if its a good fit for what a persons looking for and they can take it, to each their own.

But I would say that it giving you a chilled effect from it would definitely be in the minority with that particular product but there are definitely nootropics that do chill people out moreso than help with focus.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I think that one of the big misconceptions with nootropics is that many people think that they're all meant to help with focus.

I love nootropics and have been passionate about the subject and as a company we've offered nootropics since before most people knew what the term even meant (seriously).

Nootropics are actually an entire category of supplements.

Think of it like this - vitamins are a category and whereas they are generally all related to having one or more things to help benefit overall health, they are all still different than one another. The same goes for nootropics in that while many may have overlapping benefits, they may still have many different benefits as well.

There are a lot of different nootropic ingredients for a variety of different results. Some of them are meant for mental clarity, focus, and motivation, while others are meant for more of a happiness/euphoria effect, others for more relaxation and calming benefits, some more for improved memory and recall, etc.

I don't like to speak about other companies products, but here are some examples of nootropics that we offer:
  • Focus XT
    • Mental Focus, Clarity, Concentration, & Energy
    • Available in caffeine version and caffeine free version
    • Many people consider Focus XT to be like a nootropic energy drink
    • It is pretty much the perfect nootropic foundation product in the sense of covering the nootropic bases; which can be important to get the desired results from advanced nootropics; because if the basics aren't covered, they more advanced ones won't work as well.
    • Sugar Free & Great Tasting
    • Contains: Acetyl L-Carnitine (ALCAR), L-Tyrosine, N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine, Choline Bitartrate, Alpha GPC, Taurine, DMAE, Theanine, Teacrine, Lutein, Huperzine A, Caffeine, and DiCaffeine Malate.
    • Temporarily out of stock because of supply chain issues but we're expecting it back in stock within 4 to 6 weeks.
    • https://seriousnutritionsolutions.com/product/focus-xt/
  • Stress & Anxiety Support
    • Natural Stress & Anxiety Support
    • For: Stress, Anxiety, Calmness, & Relaxation
    • Nootropic and Adaptogenic Ingredients
    • Helps relieve symptoms of chronic stress & anxiety
    • Helps relieve symptoms of worry and nervousness
    • Supports reduction of brain fog related to stress & anxiety
    • Promotes a sense of calmness & relaxed mood
    • Contains: Sensoril Ashwagandha, Rhodiola, Bacopa, & L-Theanine
    • Available in 60 veg capsule and 120 veg capsule sizes
    • https://seriousnutritionsolutions.com/product/stress-anxiety-support/
  • Sabroxy XT
    • Focus, Motivation, Cognitive Function, Mental Energy, & More
    • Nootropic, Anti-Aging, and Longevity Properties
    • Common feedback on this is that it helps people focus and stay motivated to help power through brain fog and feelings and being overwhelmed in order to think clearer and be more productive.
    • https://seriousnutritionsolutions.com/product/sabroxy-xt/
  • Elite Curcumin
    • 3 Branded Curcumin Extracts + 2 Branded Absorption Enhancers + Black Seed Oil
    • Curcumin C3 Complex + Theracurmin + CurcuPrime Tetrahydrocurcumin + AstraGin + Bioperine + Black Seed Oil
    • Supports:
      • Joint Health & Mobility
      • Brain/Cognitive Health
      • Cardiovascular Health
      • Anti-Inflammatory Activity
      • & Much More
    • Curcumin is more commonly thought of as being for joint health and mobility and anti-inflammatory activity but people very frequently overlook that Curcumin is thought to have neuroprotective properties and to support brain health by increasing blood flow to the brain, enhancing focus, and by reducing inflammatory and oxidative stress, both of which are linked to degenerative symptoms.
    • Some common nootropic benefits associated with Curcumin include supporting working memory, focus, calmness, and reduced feelings of occasional stress.
    • https://seriousnutritionsolutions.com/product/elite-curcumin/
  • PEA-500 Xtreme
    • Focus, Mood, Concentration, & Mental Alertness
    • Some people like to take this when they need a 'pick me up'
    • Some people like to take this for euphoric type feelings and effects
    • Ultra-Potent 500 mg. per capsule
    • Available in 120 and 240 capsule sizes
    • https://seriousnutritionsolutions.com/product/pea-500-xtreme/
  • KSM-66
    • Stress & Anxiety Support
    • Mood & Relaxation Support
    • Clinically researched form of Ashwagandha that has been shown in studies to be good for optimizing natural testosterone levels and for supporting improved sense of well-being, positive mood, relaxation, and more.
    • SNS KSM-66 has 695 mg. per capsule
    • https://seriousnutritionsolutions.com/product/ksm-66-695-mg-90-caps/
I hope that all of this information helps people reading now and in the future.

Here is a link for anyone that wants to check out our nootropics or check the page for future new releases:

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Good post Steve! I feel like as the term "nootropic" is still somewhat new, at least in everyday language, in terms of substance classification/categorization, it can get a bit vague and people have different conceptions associated with it.

For example; probably the most common and widely used nootropic is caffeine, which is also a stimulant, expressing it's effects via blocking the adenosine receptors and being an epinephrine and norepinephrine agonist. Then we have (at least nowadays) widely known nootropic L-Theanine for example, which I would consider more of a (mild) relaxant, expressing it's effects via gabaergic pathway (among other mechanisms).

And ashwagandha, while being classified as a nootropic as well, I think it's first and foremost known as an adaptogen. Then we have the racetams, which of many would be considered as stimulants or focus/attention enhancers. And something like Bacopa Monnieri, which is mostly used for memory acquisition and retention, with long term use. Nicotine also falls under the category of nootropics.

And so something being a nootropic, that alone doesn't tell much of the effects. And while I've certainly not tried all of the nootropics on the market myself, I would still presume, that many of the stimulants usually used in fat burners and such will have more significant acute stimulative effects, than most of the nootropics.

Last edited:

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Some nootropics overdo it on Choline and choligenic compounds. Some is good, but too much is like a tunnel vision headache and I feel like I can’t notice anything In my periphery

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Lions Mane is another that’s good in light doses but too much can make me feel lightheaded and distant.

I also think noots, since they work almost exclusively on the brain, tend to vary more from one person to another.

Focus XT really does not a sweet spot for a lot of users though

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Been mucking about with dosages and 2 caps of overtime plus a single 100mg caffeine cap give me the best energy kick with some focus and feel good vibes. Means I get the following.

L tyrosine 500mg
Lion's mane 187mg
Phenylethylaminw hcl 187mg
Alpha GPC 150mg
Rhodiola Roses 75mg
Eria Jarensis 75mg
Caffeine anhydrous 175
Di caffeine malate 65mg
Coffeeberry 25mg
Hordinine hcl 19mg
Noopept 7mg
Vinpocetine 5mg
Alpha yo 0.35mg

So some ingredients fall bellow efacatious dose but going on feel and effects this works best. If I take 3 caps plus 1 caffeine I get more energy and still decent effects so can add another third to these numbers.

Also means overtime lasts almost 3 months which is pretty cool. The caffeine pills cost next to nothing.