Why do people get gyno hair loss and all the nasty side effects from testosterone if they just replace the physiological amount of T they once had?

Ranku12

Awards
Sorry for the long title. I could get it if you are overdoing the dosage but so many people complain of high e2 and gyno and hair loss occasionally from the androgens. I'm confused.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I don't really know enough about this to comment thoroughly but I will say this. I have ran oral cycles over the last 15 years or so. I now have gyno and it started after running 8 weeks of natural test boosters that contained fadogia and tongkat Ali. These should not cause gyno at all but I had suffered from very low natural test in the years prior. It is now in the mid 500s. My theory is that my body had become accustomed to low test levels. Over the years it had reached a new homeostasis level when it was okay with very low levels. I never had huge libido or lethargy issues and at one point me test levels were about 5.

Now I started taking something that helps the body produce more test naturally I think my body was like "what the hell is going on, I had better start converting some of this stuff to estrogen". Hence the gyno.

I think anything that causes an unexpected change in hormone levels, even within natural range can shock the body and produce side effects.

That's my two cents anyway.

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
You're stating it like it is going to happen to everyone and it's not. Not everyone gets gyno or hairloss from test. Many bodybuilders bring their test to supraphysiological levels and never shed a hair. If you're genetically predisposed to MPB you'll lose your hair with or without the test, the extra test will just make it happen faster. With gyno the higher the test you run the more chance you'll get gyno. But once again, everyone's sensitivity is different.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In short, it is also for the same reason that you can have one guy with 600 levels of natural test compared to someone on TRT with 600 levels of test and the guy on TRT will be able to build muscle easier and shed fat easier- androgen sensitivity. Exogenous test increases this and in some cases, if you are genetically prone to MPB, it can speed up the process. Depending on the method of delivery (patch, gel, subq vs IM injection) there can be variances in levels of test, DHT, e2, etc.. IM tends to see the biggest swings, while other methods are more linear.

Ranku12

Awards
You're stating it like it is going to happen to everyone and it's not. Not everyone gets gyno or hairloss from test. Many bodybuilders bring their test to supraphysiological levels and never shed a hair. If you're genetically predisposed to MPB you'll lose your hair with or without the test, the extra test will just make it happen faster. With gyno the higher the test you run the more chance you'll get gyno. But once again, everyone's sensitivity is different.
It wasn't my intention to assume everyone gets it. My bad