Chest training with shoulder injury

Pywell89

Awards
Any advice on how to keep training chest whilst I have a shoulder injury?

I tweaked it whilst doing DB Presses last week and had to abandon my whole session. Spent the next two days with pain when ever I tried to do any push type motion. Took this week easy and went beach into a chest workout today but felt it on my first exercise, not as bad as last time but it was going that way if I continued.

Will definitely need to take it easy for a few weeks. Any advice on how to keep training my chest around the injury when pressing seems to cause problems?

Steezy

Steezy

Awards
  • Established
Any advice on how to keep training chest whilst I have a shoulder injury?

I tweaked it whilst doing DB Presses last week and had to abandon my whole session. Spent the next two days with pain when ever I tried to do any push type motion. Took this week easy and went beach into a chest workout today but felt it on my first exercise, not as bad as last time but it was going that way if I continued.

Will definitely need to take it easy for a few weeks. Any advice on how to keep training my chest around the injury when pressing seems to cause problems?
People are going to recommend resting or do shoulder moblity/rehab exercises. It sounds like you just want to be able to do a modified chest day. So I recommend to start with lots of shoulder warm up exercises like abduction/adduction on cables, lots of face pulls with bands or cables anything to strengthen the joint. When I had pain in my shoulders I was able to lightish weight floor presses with barbell and it was something I could progressively overload on each week! I would do 0 incline work In focused on strengthening my shoulder then actually working my chest!
But floor presses were my go to! good luck

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You could try doing stuff at a decline. Tends to take some pressure off the shoulder.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Use a football bar - benching whilst rehabbing shoulder injuries is what it was designed for.....